Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Nov-08-06, 07:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/159/186 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 127%

213 this morning The last few months I've averaged a 9 pound loss each month. That's not great but it's steady and I'll take it! You're so right goinggone...slow and steady wins the race
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Nov-08-06, 08:10

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/214/140 Female 5' 8"
BF:Heh. You're funny.
Progress: 18%

Hoping and praying to see it by Thanksgiving! If not, then definitely by Christmas.

It's hard for me to gauge how fast the weight will drop this time because I'm working out constantly. I've not done that before in my adult life.
  #33   ^
Old Thu, Nov-09-06, 09:15

Stats: 273/266/185 Female 5' 11'
BF:
Progress: 8%

still a loooooong road for me, but I am hanging in for the long haul...I just can't be "the fat girl" anymore! Lost 1.5lbs since Monday though ...so it is some progress....even though small
  #34   ^
Old Thu, Nov-09-06, 11:50

Plan: Keto 80/15/5
Stats: 264/263/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 1%

It's been almost 10 years for me.....I was almost there before a trip to Hong Kong in the spring...and I totally fell of the wagon.,,,I was at 203....

Now I am back to 220's...but am determined to get there either by Christmas or early New Year.....I WILL GET To a SIZE 10 again!!!

Congrats!!
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Nov-09-06, 12:20

Plan: General LC
Stats: 00/000/000 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I'm with you all on this one....haven't seen below 200 in probably a little over 10 years. Ndelacourt, I know what you mean about those size 10's - I still have a pair of my size 9 Forenza jeans from 1985 that I am determined to find a use for other than loaning them out to my daughter & nieces for "80's Day" at school! And Gee-Ma, I agree on the "slow and steady" approach. Before when I did Atkins, I waited for the scale to literally plunge every day I weighed in....now, I don't weigh in but once every few days and have learned that no loss is OK, it WILL happen because I'm doing everything right.
  #36   ^
Old Thu, Nov-09-06, 14:08
Registered Member

Plan: atkins/induction
Stats: 225/205/175 Female 5'5
BF:?
Progress: 40%

I love this thread! It is so much fun to see
everyone moving to or through this huge
mile marker. I was a little shocked and bummed
to be up a few lbs.today. I have been living on
tuna and eggs. It is that TOM so maybe that
explains it. I will just keep doing what I am doing
and enjoy the heck out of all of you beautiful people!
  #37   ^
Old Thu, Nov-09-06, 17:48

BF:

I like this thread to....everyone keeps you pumped up. Onderland is a ways off for me, but I tell ya when that happens I am going to feel like a lottery winner! Good luck everyone!
  #38   ^
Old Thu, Nov-09-06, 18:42

Stats: 247/166/135 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 72%

I am getting closer 208.5 this morning. I am so excited about being able to move that damn weight on the scale to 150 soon.

Rusti for what it's worth, I ususally show a gain of a few pounds just before I show a big loss. It's like my body holds on to water or something when I'm ready to lose. I've gotten used to it and consider it an indication that I'm about to show a good loss. That's how it seems to work for me. Stay the same for ages, bump up and then show the loss.
  #39   ^
Old Thu, Nov-09-06, 18:48

Plan: LCHF to appetite
Stats: 210/206/165 Female 5'3"
BF:Lots!
Progress: 9%

I'm watching this thread daily and cheering you all on. I know what an incredible feeling it was to step on the scale and see "1" something for the first time in over 10 years. I never reached onederland when I was on Atkins 3 years ago as I fell off the wagon after a cruise.

I know you will all be there soon and I'm here to cheer every single one of you on as you reach this milestone. Keep up the fantastic work everyone!
  #40   ^
Old Thu, Nov-09-06, 22:04

BF:

thanks BluiizCA....I am excited. Hopefully not to anxious though. I just honestly cannot remember when I weighed one-something. I think I will cry when I get there...what a feeling that will be. I noticed that right after my TOM my weight loss stayed at zero for about 4 days..I hope its going to resume the downward trend now. I guess I need to stay off the scale, but I just keep thinking that I would be more dissappointed if I never lost anything after a week as opposed to a day or two...stupid psychological games I play on myself..lol. Keep it up eveyone..we will ALL get there!!!!
  #41   ^
Old Fri, Nov-10-06, 10:19

Plan: LC/GF/IF
Stats: 237.0/223.6/174.6 Female 5 ft 10 in
BF:42%.
Progress: 21%

Can I join here. I was at 201.6 at the beginning of October and so excited to be down and thought I would be in ONEderland by the beginning of this month. Now I'm at 208.4--going the wrong direction. I really need encouragement to get back down. My 60th birthday is in January and I would really like to be in ONEderland by then.

Back to induction this a.m. Now facing my biggest problem--exercise!
  #42   ^
Old Fri, Nov-10-06, 13:42

Plan: LCHF to appetite
Stats: 210/206/165 Female 5'3"
BF:Lots!
Progress: 9%

JAnn,
Hang in there. I've had my moments with the ups and downs on the scales. It's frustrating at best. I have no doubt you will be in onederland by your birthday.
  #43   ^
Old Fri, Nov-10-06, 20:52

Plan: Atkins '72
Stats: 208/201.8/145 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 10%

I'll join in too. I've been stuck at 202 for almost a week. I'm retaining water (almost TOM), so I'm chugging like crazy to try and flush it out. It's extra frustrating because I just know that when the scale drops, it'll probably be a nice whoosh that might tip me below 200. I hate hovering!
  #44   ^
Old Sun, Nov-12-06, 01:12

Plan: Keto 80/15/5
Stats: 264/263/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 1%

Spices! Eat lots of spices....I am sweating like crazy...lots of cayenne pepper and coconut oil.......we can do this ladies!!!
  #45   ^
Old Sun, Nov-12-06, 07:58

Plan: LC/GF/IF
Stats: 237.0/223.6/174.6 Female 5 ft 10 in
BF:42%.
Progress: 21%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndelacourt
Spices! Eat lots of spices....I am sweating like crazy...lots of cayenne pepper and coconut oil.......we can do this ladies!!!
I don't need spices to make me sweat! The change does that quite well for me. Doesn't result in weight loss though!