Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-02, 14:04

Plan: Atkins/PP
Stats: 282/248/147 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Gym 1/15 BFL DAY 10

**Last post should have read LBWO!! too late to alter...aww but I can assure you it was LB I'm still walking a bit funny...

UBWO Took a while longer to get the machines set but did the whole routine in 75 minutes...had to ditch 2 machines due to various problems...much better and learned a great trick for those who don't have a bench...used a step bench and added and substracted for incline...worked great and didn't have to head to the CAGE area yet....found a trainer who has done BFL!! oh yea! He was great...just talking to him that is...will set an appt for next week or so to check form!! And get some of his other killer ideas!

Got the shake in pretty fast as I needed it the HUNGER GROWS!!

Better go...baby will be up very soon!

Beth
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-02, 14:10

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Beth, you sound positively charged with energy! I can't wait to see the progress when I return at the end of the month. Keep up the good work

Nat
  #33   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-02, 09:49

BF:
Default Gym 1/17 BFL 11

Thanks Nat It's coming on strong and I don't feel any urge to go back!

Postponing am workout for eve due to very late SF evening celebrations. Have told family they must now celebrate only on the weekends...when I can sleep in! LOL! It was fun but I am off schedule and desperate to get back on...Had my shake already and should have squeezed the late night in too as my UBWO was much MUCH more effective this time...= sore, very good sore!

My new protein powder has arrived!! Variety will keep me on track!

Beth
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-02, 15:18

BF:
Default Gym 1/18/2002 BFL DAY 12

DAY 12 Already! WOW! My face is still burning and I'm hoping its thermo activity and not that stinkin sinusitus trying to creep back in! Will pick up garlic and make a new batch of silver nitrate this pm. I'm not doin antibiotics again!

LBWO 40 minutes... a little to concerned with the clock to day...will start earlier next time, rushing is not an option!

My legs felt a little like uh uh...no way today but we finished out anyway and tomorrow will tell if I isolated correctly.

Don't have my sheet with me will record actual later...

Beth
  #35   ^
Old Sat, Jan-19-02, 11:23

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

You GO girl!! Amazing how fast the time passes doing BFL. I know my 20 MAS today just zoomed by. AND I felt like I could have done another 20!! I think doing BFL is even more fun having all of this company doing it too!!

Have a great weekend!

Marlaine
  #36   ^
Old Tue, Jan-22-02, 13:24

BF:
Default Gym 1/22

I did real well this am...talking myself through my 20 min Cardio on the recline bike...My cd player decided not to cooperate so I did a visualization thing that I was riding in a race and all my friends and family were there cheering me on to the finish! It worked pretty well, it was a very good thing the bike was holding itself up though, or I'd of tipped for sure!

Saturday was my only bummer workout of my whole challenge so far...I was at the gym at 5:30 but failed to see that they wouldn't open till 7...ooops! Did some TaeBo at home but no where near the same thing...Still need to have enough time to add the abs too am working on adding them to my cardio end of work out instead of later that night...

I'm catching up on my water today...and hopefully the 2 lbs I'm up will float away...unless I've awakened sleeping muscles in which case...it can stay and send the fat away!

Boy did I miss my shakes this weekend! Challenge onward...week 3!

Beth
  #37   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-02, 13:25

BF:
Default January 23, 02-BFL Day 17

Hit the gym at 5am and was a little foggy...LBWO 1 hr 5 min

Leg press 12 75
sitting 10 115
8 135
6 155
12 135
Leg extens 12 105
Lying curls 12 20
10 30
8 30
6 37.5
12 30
Seated curls 12 67.5 * big push for form and holding
position once lifted

Calf Raises 12 15
10 15
8 15
6 35
12 15 *really burning and even my feet hurt when finished
one leg calf raises 12 each side to further burn and stretch

wanted to do adducters as well but ran out of time digestion is still reminding me of lack o water over the weekend as I kept being delayed by bathroom calls...

Felt good but needed to push the wts on the Leg press if sitting position...cautiously though as knee/ankles are healing
Standing feels more thorough but the blood blisters on my shoulders are annoying from the shoulder pad...I bruise easy.

Got the shake in 45 minutes which stopped the other "shake"

On to planning the next thing...
  #38   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-02, 21:27

BF:
Default Gym 1/24 BFL DAY 18

20 MAS CARDIO 10!!!! I really have to reach deep to feel I make a 10...that last round in a killer and my legs just want to quit!

But it feels great when you make it, when I make it...and it lasts for a long time.

Did some abs with the inflatable ball and on floor...watching out for the neck. Also did some stomach vacuums and deep breathing with stretches...Had some nausea towards the end of Abs, so I must of hit some of the right muscles...I think...tomorrow's soreness will tell.

I wanted to do some measurements and wt but as TOM is OTW I think I better hold back at least on the wt.

OK, gotta plan my workout!

B
  #39   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-02, 17:27

BF:
Default Gym 1/25 BFL day 19

UBWO 55 minutes

Did not go to gym..used powerblocks at home...need step bench or wt bench...for proper extension. Other than that it went pretty well...the wt difference was annoying though...I had broken down smaller increments and the 5 lb limit on powerblocks are a real pain when 8 works better than 10 and 12 is better than 15 for best form and extension.

Chaos ensued after workout with home and other job deadline so it was way more than 45 min...b4 I could get to the shake...sometimes life gets in the way...oh well catching up...

Tried eliptical for cardio test the other day and knee is too tweaky on it..have to bend to keep all in line...will wait till legs are stronger maybe then...for now will keep to bike or try the other machines available.

~B
  #40   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-02, 23:03

BF:

I found I had the same problem with the Power Blocks. Apparently there is a set that goes up in smaller increments, but it also has a bigger pricetag.

What if you had all of your shake stuff ready to go before the workout so that all you had to do was shake it?

Looks like you are doing GREAT! Bet it felt good getting that 10 on the cardio!!

Marlaine
  #41   ^
Old Sat, Jan-26-02, 23:57

BF:
Default Gym 1/26

Tried to go for my swim, but not enough signed for the class in the dead of winter...chickens! So no class till next session...undeterred I headed for the GYM to knock that cardio out....felt a little funny with the suit on thooo...Not my preference gear ya know, but I try to be flexable! Cardio 20 MAS...10 but not as good as the last one! TOM so maybe its an allover yuck thing! Did Abs anyway and some intense deep breathing....with those stomach vacuums....

Marlaine, I bet that was the PRO version! With the PRO price tag! I did see a battery powered blender at the gym on clearance and might grab it for my summer camping to keep up it was very light...

I guess I could preload the blender, I'm not sure how far in advance!...Unfortunatly we never get to plan those emergencies that creep up over here! I would have grabbed a premade but I realized JIT...that it was NOT LC!!!!

Tomorrow is day off...am going to actively get some generic house things done and make time for a walk...rain or not!

B

Last edited by bsayne : Sun, Jan-27-02 at 22:24.
  #42   ^
Old Sun, Jan-27-02, 00:21

BF:

I had to giggle seeing that you are up for housework tomorrow. Got mine done today, and I too have a walk planned for tomorrow. What to do with all of this energy on days off!!

Marlaine
  #43   ^
Old Sun, Jan-27-02, 22:34

BF:
Default Gym 1/27/02 BFL 21

Day off....well sorta' Ya' Marlaine...I got a new beautiful chair for Christmas and I have hardly sat in it!! I just gotta keep moving...
Got some things done and some redone! More next week...missed my walk but kept moving all day....forgot I had some billing work to do and that kept me from leaving ....done early in the month so that is a great thing....they won't know what to do getting my work back so early! I think BFL is teaching me to get it together in alot of areas!

Plan for tomorrow LBWO 1 hour 5:00 am

Standing Leg Press......12/75
10/115
8/135
6/155
12/135
Leg Extensions 12/90+ looking for baby add on block 5-7
Lying Leg Curls 12/20
10/30
8/40
6/45
12/30
Seated Leg Curls 12/45
Standing Calf Raises 15 all the way to 6/35
12/15
Seated Calf Raises 12/35

Adducters 40/50/60/70/60
Abs....Stomach Vacs

Thats the plan...time to shake and hit the sack!

~B
  #44   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-02, 19:24

BF:
Default January 28, 2002 BFL DAY 22

4:40 am wake-up call.....LBWO was a real good push...all machines were available as I needed them...real good! Got the shake in JIT!

Will be meeting with trainer this week to change exercises around...looking forward to that.

Cardio tomorrow...day 23 coming up

Beth
  #45   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-02, 22:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 287.4/255/155 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Thumbs up

Beth,

I am soooo impressed that you are in the gym by 5AM!! And I was feeling proud of meself for rolling out of bed at 5:30 AM, LOL. It sure sounds like you've got some good workouts happenin'. 5 more days & you'll be posting your 4 wk results, I hope?!? I'm getting impatient to see what you've accomplished .

ciao,