Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > TOF's (The Over Fifty's)
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#391   ^
Old Fri, Feb-04-05, 10:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 199/177/135 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 34%

Music the mock potato salad is really good. Make sure you chill it for at least an hour before you eat it. It's one of those recipes that the longer it sets the better it taste. I'm in the same boat with the weight lose. I lose two gain three, lose three gain one. But like you my clothes are really getting loose so I'm hanging in there. It was great hearing from you. Have a great weekend.
Brenda
Sponsored Links
  #392   ^
Old Fri, Feb-04-05, 12:12

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 325.4/228/175 Female 5'7
BF:mostly!
Progress: 65%

Im gonna make that potatoe salad tonight I think.
Well, lost 2.6 this morning. WOOHOO!!!
Last night I went to my daughters to borrow something,,and she said Mom, that outfit is way too big! Its sloppy looking! Then when I got home and told my husband about it, he said,,well, it is pretty sloppy looking! I was shocked, it was one of my nice everyday outfits I hadnt had too long. Oh well, Ill be glad to retire it! I went to the thrift store and got a couple cute outfits this past Saturday. Dont wanna spend a lot for stuff Im not gonna wear long.
Daughter and kids are coming today, think they will be staying with us. Thats okay,,looking forward to it., I will be babysitting for awhile, till she gets settled. I will be getting more exercise, thats for sure!
Well, gotta go do the floors before the human vaccum gets here, he tends to put everything in his mouth..lol
Have a great weekend yourself! Catch ya later!!!
  #393   ^
Old Mon, Feb-07-05, 09:04

BF:

Music sounds like your doing really good. Get rid of those baggy clothes. It will make you feel better to buy yourself something new as a reward. Babysitting the grandkids will help you get more exercise for sure. I have two of my grandsons today so I'm sure to get some exercise in with the 9 month old the way he is getting around. I tried a new recipe for hot wings for Superbowl. The kids loves them. I guess I better run for now and vaccum . It seems our grandsons have something in common. Adam will eat anything that he gets his hands on.. I don't know how but he can find the smallest thing and its in his mouth before you can blink an eye. Have a great day.
Brenda
  #394   ^
Old Mon, Feb-14-05, 09:18

BF:

Music have you tried the potato salad yet ? I've been doing pretty good with my exercising but it's still a challenge to stay really strict with my carbs on the weekend. I love my large family but sometimes I wish they weren't around so much on the weekend. I've got tons to do today. I don't have any grandchildren for the next three days so I'm going to try to get some things taken care of. I hope you have a great week. Keep in touch.
Brenda
  #395   ^
Old Mon, Feb-14-05, 10:07

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 325.4/228/175 Female 5'7
BF:mostly!
Progress: 65%

I havent been on here for several days. My daughter and three grandsons were here for a week, and are coming back. She is moving here permanantly, trying to escape a bad relationship, so I have been really busy with the baby and all. Then, as always with a big family, there are a couple of other crises going on.
I fell off the wagon a couple of times,,,,ate at a local steak house and ate the bread! And, ate a frozen pizza one night for convenience sake, then had a valentine banquet at church and all they served was lasagna. So, Im back to the plan this week, today as a matter of fact. As I said before, my clothes are really loose on me, and I dont wanna lose that!! It feels great.
Havent tried any recipes lately, havent really been cooking much. I gotta get back into the routine. Today I feel really tired and stressed from all that is going on, its hard being a mom sometimes!!
Check back later!! Have a good day!!
  #396   ^
Old Mon, Feb-14-05, 13:29

BF:

I know how it is when you have a large family. We have five grown kids so someone is always in crisis. My oldest daughter is having problems with her husband right now. Last month it was the youngest daughter who was having problems I'm always worried about the youngest boy who is in the Army. The oldest boy lives a few hours away but he calls when things go wrong and the middle boy is right here with us. We see too much of his family at times. I know that sounds awful but sometimes you just need a break. I do really great for days and then something happens and I eat something I know I shouldn't have. This weekend we went to the movie and afterwards we ate Chinese. I come from Louisanna so naturally I miss not eating rice. You guessed it I ate the rice and to make matters worse it didn't even taste that great ! So, here I am again starting all over today. Got to run for now but I'll check in later . I hope this week goes good for you and good luck with the family.
Brenda
  #397   ^
Old Tue, Feb-15-05, 02:14

Plan: ADKINS
Stats: 285/175/135 Female 60 IN
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up

HI, i just posted in newbee forum but glad i found this..i think i have you all beat..im 66 years old, been on adkins for one and half years.. started at 285lbs and weighed in this morn at 175lbs,,still want to loose another 40 lbs at least..i found out that at my age and physical condition, i have to keep carbs low and also count my calories...yes there have been times when ive eaten things that were outlawed, but with 110 lbs gone. its a lot easier to get back on track...and im finding now i stand some of the killer foods i used to love so..anyway glad i found a place for oldies..
  #398   ^
Old Tue, Feb-15-05, 04:35
Registered Member

Plan: G I Diet
Stats: 176.5/173.2/130 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 7%

Congratulations on your 110 lbs loss. Thats great. Your an inspiration to us all
  #399   ^
Old Wed, Feb-23-05, 09:09

BF:

Music , where are you ? I haven't heard from you in awhile . How is the family ? Are you still busy with the kids ? Make sure you make time for yourself. I've decided that I'm going to make time for me everyday. I've always put the kids, Husband, Job, everything first but now it's my turn. I lost me sonewhere along the way and I intend to let that person out of hiding. The weight is just the first step. I miss not talking to you. I have some great new receipes for you to try. Have a great low carb week.
Brenda
  #400   ^
Old Thu, Feb-24-05, 14:11

BF:

Music hope everything is well with you and yours. I've done great this week on carbs and exercise. I feel so much better. I promised myself I wasn't going to weigh for a month. My clothes are getting baggy and I'm sleeping much better. I started using my Bowflex again this week and I can already tell the difference. Try not to let the family get you down and keep in touch.
Brenda
  #401   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-05, 09:11

BF:

Music I tried a new recipe last night and it was fantastic. The recipe is for a mushroom chicken and sausage casserole. My husband loved it. I'm going to try a recipe tonight for tasty chicken muffins. It looks delicious. I'll let you know how it turns out. If you want the recipes just let me know and I'll post them for ,you. I hope things are going well with the family. I weighed today for the first time in two weeks. I've lost 5 pounds. I also took my measurements since it is the first of the month and I've lost a total of 4 inches. My new goal is to lose 10 pounds this month. I've been making it a point to exercise for 1 1/2 to 2 hours every morning at least 5 times a week. I still have alot I want to lose but it's a good start. I hope you have a great day.
Brenda
  #402   ^
Old Fri, Mar-04-05, 14:39

BF:

Music, I hope things are going OK with you and the family. I miss talking to you. I hope things settle down soon so you will have time to post again. If you need to talk I'm always here. I have alot of new recipes that are really great I want to share with you. Let me know when you want to try them and I'll post some for you. Hope you have a great weekend.
Brenda
  #403   ^
Old Tue, Apr-05-05, 19:29

Stats: 220/200/160 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 33%

Please do not make me depressed by saying we are old! I am 65 and I intend the get married this summer. Anyway we (old people!) have a lot of experience and should not have more difficulties than younger people to loose weight. Feel young!
  #404   ^
Old Wed, Apr-06-05, 12:34

BF:

Abigswede I sure don't want to depress anyone. I feel great myself most days. Truth is it is harder to lose weight the older we get. We just have to try a little harder . I joined Curves last week and I love it. I've meet some really great ladies and I'm sure after I've gone for awhile I'll see great results.

Misic, I hope things are going OK for you. I miss not talking with you. I have tons of new recipes for you. Have a great week.

Brenda
  #405   ^
Old Mon, Apr-18-05, 18:24

BF:

Music, I keep posting thinking that you will check in sooner or later. I hope you are ok and that the family is doing well. I'll keep checking in to see if you have posted.
Brenda