Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#331   ^
Old Wed, Dec-20-17, 11:44

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Hi All!
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....

Wow Jo, you look adorable in your Santa outfit!!! I like the shoes too. Now I want to get me some...lol. I love wearing my Santa hats and I try to make everyone else wear them too, I have a bunch of them.

Lil man is doing great. What a doll baby. His sister wants to be with him 24/7. His brother is waiting for him to get big enough to play with..lol.

Plan for the day...getting stuff wrapped! Come on..I can do this.

Thanks for asking all..I am feeling better, just a little bit congested. DH went back to work yesterday after several days off. Won't be long before he's underfoot for good. Oh my.

Sorry to hear your DSS is sick again Bernie. Sending get well wishes.

My iPad needs charging, gotta get this sent before I lose it all.

Have a great day
Sponsored Links
  #332   ^
Old Thu, Dec-21-17, 04:25
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Smile Thursday, 21 December 2017

G' Friday Eve Morning, Warriors!

Hope this finds everyone doing well and that everything is literally "wrapped" up for Christmas!

Take some time today to just chil-lax to take care of YOU b/c you're WORTH IT!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

I wrote this on 8 January 2016:
Carb-Free Food for Thought:
Seriously, we need to be kind to ourselves more often! We’re usually bottom of the “taking care of” list, unfortunately.

But we often fail to realize that if WE are unwell in mind, body and/or soul, we cannot truly shine forth as the people we really are and have the ability and strength to take care and nurture others!

Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Another baby sweater to add to my growing collection of gifts:

"Aran" & rainbow colored stripes Baby Sweater (finished yesterday, 20 December 2017)

I was a knittin' and pedalin' maniac yesterday so Imma 3/4 of the way done with another lil' sweater with rainbow stripes (different pattern). Imma not bored yet with knitting these!

Truly it's b/c they knit up so quickly & I have fun coming up with color & pattern combinations!

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Hi All!
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....
OMG you realize of course that SONGwill be stuck in my head all day long!
Quote:
Wow Jo, you look adorable in your Santa outfit!!! I like the shoes too. Now I want to get me some...lol.
I have er...hmmmm... 14 pairs (different colors, of course) and I only buy 'em on sale.

The only problem with these Converse is that they don't have any arch support, but since Imma flat footed, I can wear 'em all day long at school.
Quote:
I love wearing my Santa hats and I try to make everyone else wear them too, I have a bunch of them.
Me too! And I have a bunch of ugly Christmas sweaters that I've found at Thrift stores the past couple of years for like practically nothing. The one Imma wearing in the pic I bought for 5 CENTS after the holidays!

The thrift stores around here don't have a lot of storage facilities so they try to get rid of seasonal stuff really quickly and cheaply. I even have 2 Christmas vests (one with nutcrackers and the other with Christmas trees) that I bought last year for 25 cents a piece... the buttons are worth MORE than that!
Quote:
Lil man is doing great. What a doll baby. His sister wants to be with him 24/7. His brother is waiting for him to get big enough to play with..lol.
Imma glad the lil' man is doing great!

at big bro is waiting for him to grow up to play with! Typical guy thing right??? And his sis is being "lil' mom" typical too!
Quote:
Plan for the day...getting stuff wrapped! Come on..I can do this.
Go to the Dollar store and buy gift bags! Yeah, that's the ticket! No wrapping or tape needed!!!
Quote:
Thanks for asking all..I am feeling better, just a little bit congested. DH went back to work yesterday after several days off. Won't be long before he's underfoot for good. Oh my.
Good to hear that you two are getting better.

Do you think your DH will find a part-time job or sumpin' after the "newness" of retirement wears off??? Can't imagine him doing nothing' all day long unless he has a hobby or two or three to keep him occupied and sane!
Quote:
My iPad needs charging, gotta get this sent before I lose it all.
WOW you do this on your tablet??

Yes RUN do NOT walk to recharge your iPad!
Quote:
Have a great day
Thanks and you too, girlie!
  #333   ^
Old Thu, Dec-21-17, 08:18

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

JO Great pic! I think you look fab and I know the kiddos enjoyed your Santa look !

quickie here guys
have to pick up mom tomorrow so I am 'straightening' out the world here today
kinda rainy and icky...my beach weather in long forecast 'seems kinda ugh' withe some days of possible rain? but will check as it gets closer to leave. Heck now I am thinking I might just go in the rain anyway...omg I have to get away LOL

great day to everyone!!!
  #334   ^
Old Thu, Dec-21-17, 09:38

BF:

JO I screwed up.
kiddo said Jan 1 they go back but I checked schedule, first day of school back if Jan 2

SEE, I SHOULD never listen to kiddo cause she gets it screwed up all the time LOL

ok this makes sense, her going back Jan 1 did not make sense HA---cool
  #335   ^
Old Thu, Dec-21-17, 10:30

BF:

Morning All...

Lol Karen on trying to send your kid back to school on a holiday! That's not gonna happen she'd be there all by herself.

Lol Jo...14 pairs of the shoes in different colors, wow they actually make them in that many colors? I have high aches, maybe those won't work for me. They are cute though! I hope your daughter had a good birthday on the 17th.

I got some gifts organized yesterday, so that's a start. I did the absolute last of gift shopping. Gotta figure out when to buy food so it's fresh and all. Not looking forward to that! Crowds!!!

Wrapping it up today for sure. I have so much Christmas wrap. Need to use that! I made it to the post office yesterday to send a few cards. They will be late. Getting sick threw a kink in my plans for sure.

Hi Bernie hope all is well your way.

Have a great day Warriors.
  #336   ^
Old Thu, Dec-21-17, 18:12

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello dear warriors,

Quick drive by to say hello 👋!

Crazy day with babysitting and taking DSS to hospital for treatment!
Hoping to not have to babysit tomorrow!

Have a terrific Thursday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #337   ^
Old Fri, Dec-22-17, 04:30
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Friday, 22 December 2017

G' Friday Morning, Warriors!

Have a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day b/c it's always a CHOICE!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

"If you return to eating the foods that made you FAT, you will get FAT AGAIN!"
~ unknown

Woot! Woot! All the Warriors posted yesterday! Right ON!

Gosh, I got up crazy early this morning... only 5 hrs sleep.

I totally see a Siesta for me and the lil' Chico dog later today...

Topic Change:
Another baby sweater to add to my growing collection of baby gifts:

"Aran" & rainbow colored stripes Baby Sweater #2 (finished yesterday, 21 December 2017)

Can you say: "obsessed with knitting baby sweaters"? Well, it's not like it costs me anything but time, since I already have the yarn.

That's my story and Imma stickin' to it!

Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
JO Great pic! I think you look fab and I know the kiddos enjoyed your Santa look !
Thanks, Karen! And yeppers, the kiddos thought it was really great!
Quote:
have to pick up mom tomorrow so I am 'straightening' out the world here today
So your mom is gonna be with you guys thru Christmas?

Hey does your brother come out to visit you guys during the holidays as well?
Quote:
kinda rainy and icky...my beach weather in long forecast 'seems kinda ugh' withe some days of possible rain? but will check as it gets closer to leave. Heck now I am thinking I might just go in the rain anyway...omg I have to get away LOL
I hope you decide to go anyways b/c it sounds like you really need to get out! Remember, weather forecasters are probably wrong 85% of the time!
Quote:
JO I screwed up.
kiddo said Jan 1 they go back but I checked schedule, first day of school back if Jan 2

SEE, I SHOULD never listen to kiddo cause she gets it screwed up all the time LOL

ok this makes sense, her going back Jan 1 did not make sense HA---cool
Hey, personally, I would wake her up on the 1st and get her out the door... waiting impatiently for the bus that ain't gonna show up since she's the one that said school was back on 1 Jan!

What can I say, Imma evil like that!

De:
Quote:
Lol Jo...14 pairs of the shoes in different colors, wow they actually make them in that many colors? I have high aches, maybe those won't work for me. They are cute though!
Yeah, they might not be comfortable for you since they have no arch support.

Goodness, they have so many different colors, it's crazing. I even have a clear pair that I bought on sale for $29.99 on line. One of my parents hooked me up with 'em. All the kiddos know my passion for converse.

The clear ones are fun to wear with cute colorful socks! Here's an online picture of them:

https://item.mercari.com/gl/m739159...AiABEgKqLvD_BwE
Quote:
I hope your daughter had a good birthday on the 17th.
Her and her sister did the salon/spa thingy with the works (mani, pedi, massage, etc). My youngest is a girlie-girlie, my oldest and me, not soooo much!
Quote:
I got some gifts organized yesterday, so that's a start. I did the absolute last of gift shopping. Gotta figure out when to buy food so it's fresh and all. Not looking forward to that! Crowds!!!
That's one thing I can say about living in a lil' burg, no crowds, or not much of one... Gonna really miss that when I move to Phnx...
Quote:
Wrapping it up today for sure. I have so much Christmas wrap. Need to use that! I made it to the post office yesterday to send a few cards. They will be late. Getting sick threw a kink in my plans for sure.
Better late than never... and I hope this means you are feeling way better now???

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Quick drive by to say hello 👋!
Hiya, girlie!!!
Quote:
Crazy day with babysitting and taking DSS to hospital for treatment!
Hoping to not have to babysit tomorrow!
Wow, babysitting, taking DSS to hospital and working ~ you sure are a busy busy lady, my friend!

Hope you don't have to babysit today and can take some time today to just chil-lax and take care of YOU!
  #338   ^
Old Fri, Dec-22-17, 07:30

BF:

Bernie, wow you sound SO busy. I hope some quiet down time can come your way soon!! I can't lead a hopping fast life like you do anymore Find some chill-ax time girl!

DE, sorry you are still not feeling good and it put you behind. With all the kiddies you got tons of wrapping to do I bet!!

JO, lol, we will be traveling home on the 1st from the beach but I am evil like you in tricking kiddo some days! I told Nicole on Wed night she had to go to bed early and she freaked. I said school tomorrow ya know and she was uhh no uhh no, DO I have school? I had her going for a bit HA

Obsessed with baby sweaters, yes you are LOL but they serve a great purpose for others also so it washes out!!

Bro Gregg is local in Ashville so I see him alot at moms and Bro Rich is NJ but he flew down like 2 weeks ago for a visit. Rich is coming in March cause we are planning a BIG BUT SMALL 90th B-day for mom on March 16. We are just gonna have everyone together and go out to dinner. Gregg and his wife, Rich and his wife and maybe some grandkids if they can come and not in big college stuff happening, and the 3 of us. Just out to dinner but 90 has to be celebrated a bit, but mom can't handle much so we have to keep things very small. Should be fab tho! Planning it all now kinda.

nothing much here
off to get mom in a while
this and that here, but chilling mostly
all Chistmas is done
Just waiting to have fun times now HA

great day all
  #339   ^
Old Fri, Dec-22-17, 17:58

BF:

Hello dear warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

Only had to babysit a half day! Yeah me! Did have to take DSS to hospital for one hour for antibiotics treatment for heart infection!

Jo..... beautiful baby sweaters! Luv the Santa 🎅 picture! You look
So young and little! Awesome 👏🏻 picture!

Karen..... have a great time with mom
For Xmas! I have all presents 🎁 wrapped for tomorrow Xmas party with sister in law and family!

De.... Hoping you feeling better! Great job getting so much done even when feeling bad!

Have a fantastic Friday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #340   ^
Old Fri, Dec-22-17, 19:13

BF:

Hi gang,

Jo, I looked up converse and sure enough there are lots of colors and lots of different materials. Those clear ones totally crack me up! I still want some so will have to try some on and see how they feel. Your sweaters and afghans are gorgeous.

Bernie, yay on half day babysitting..I know the 10 plus hours wear me out. A couple hours or 1/2 day are much easier.

I am still coughing a slight bit, not bad though. I ended up at a target today with my DDIL, she wanted more stuff for the baby so I went along and got a few things. Tonight I'm heading to Costco. Pray for me

Karen, how awesome that you still have your mom around and she's turning 90 soon, that's so amazing. Really something to celebrate.

Have a fantastic weekend and enjoy the holiday. 🎄
  #341   ^
Old Sat, Dec-23-17, 04:17
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Saturday, 23 December 2017

G' Saturday Morning, Warriors!

Hope all is well with each of you and wishing you a totally spectacular day in every way possible!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

"Don't worry about what people think YOU ARE DOING.
They are all too busy worrying about what you think THEY ARE DOING!"

~ unknown

Cold cold here brrrrrrrrrrrr, mid 20s this fine clear morning. But then probably not as cold as Berni's area! We're supposed to get up to mid 50s today!

Today's my eldest DD's 35th B'day! OMG she's getting OLD!

Nothing too much happening here... already took care of most of my w/e "to-do" list yesterday. Still knittin' whilst pedalin' like a crazy person. It keeps me out of trouble!

Found a cute pattern for spring/summer tops I want to make, so I may drag that out and do some sewing today.

Gosh, it really is hard to believe that Christmas is a knockin' on our backdoor!

So what does a Warrior's Christmas meal look like??? Aka what are you guys eating???

I got me a mess of frozen raw 'peel 'n eat' shrimp Imma gonna cook up and dip into Aioli (garlic mayonnaise) and eat with a leafy green salad!

Karen:
Quote:
JO, lol, we will be traveling home on the 1st from the beach but I am evil like you in tricking kiddo some days! I told Nicole on Wed night she had to go to bed early and she freaked. I said school tomorrow ya know and she was uhh no uhh no, DO I have school? I had her going for a bit HA
love the way your mind works! Too funny trickin' her into thinking she had school. OMG you are evil ~ love it!

Hey Karen, that's wild that your DD's name is Nicole, that's my youngest DD's name too! And your DH's name is Tony, just like my twin, except that's his nickname, his real name is Antoine-Jean.
Quote:
Obsessed with baby sweaters, yes you are LOL but they serve a great purpose for others also so it washes out!!
Thanks for pointing that out!
Quote:
Bro Gregg is local in Ashville so I see him alot at moms and Bro Rich is NJ but he flew down like 2 weeks ago for a visit. Rich is coming in March cause we are planning a BIG BUT SMALL 90th B-day for mom on March 16. We are just gonna have everyone together and go out to dinner. Gregg and his wife, Rich and his wife and maybe some grandkids if they can come and not in big college stuff happening, and the 3 of us. Just out to dinner but 90 has to be celebrated a bit, but mom can't handle much so we have to keep things very small. Should be fab tho! Planning it all now kinda.
That's great that you've got a bro locally and that Rich comes out often to see your mom.

How cool that you're planning a 90th B'day celebration for your mom. Hope everyone can come out to help you guys celebrate with her!
Quote:
Just waiting to have fun times now HA
Yeppers I hear you and you're off on your beach trip Tuesday!

Berni:
Quote:
Only had to babysit a half day! Yeah me! Did have to take DSS to hospital for one hour for antibiotics treatment for heart infection!
Nice that you only had to grandsit for 1/2 a day.

How many more antibiotic treatments does your DSS have to go thru this time around? He's lucky to have you there to get him to his treatments!

How's your DS and his PT going for his knee??? Hope he's on the mend!
Quote:
Jo..... beautiful baby sweaters!
Thanks! They are so fun to make!
Quote:
Luv the Santa 🎅 picture! You look So young and little! Awesome 👏🏻 picture!
Thanks for that! Not to bad for an ole broad, huh?

My one regret is that my shorts are crawlin' up my a$$ er...hmmm... leg....wish I had been aware of that and remedied the situation! Awww but there's always next year!
Quote:
I have all presents 🎁 wrapped for tomorrow Xmas party with sister in law and family!
That's great! So do you go out to your DD's to watch the kiddos unwrap gifts Christmas morning or are you doing that at your SIL's???

The gifts that you're giving your grands, are they already under their tree or do you bring 'em to watch 'em unwrap 'em??

De:
Quote:
Jo, I looked up converse and sure enough there are lots of colors and lots of different materials. Those clear ones totally crack me up! I still want some so will have to try some on and see how they feel.
I love all of mine! And match 'em to whatever color clothing I wear for the day...And with the clear ones, I just have to match fun/cute colorful socks!

I can wear 'em all day long too w/o 'em hurting my feet . Remember in the old days having to break in a pair of shoes??? I can wear Converse right out of the box, brand-spankin' new w/o breakin' 'em in!

At school, I can easily walk 15,000 steps ~ over 7 miles on my feet day in/day out!
Quote:
Your sweaters and afghans are gorgeous.
Thanks!
Quote:
I am still coughing a slight bit, not bad though. I ended up at a target today with my DDIL, she wanted more stuff for the baby so I went along and got a few things.
Man, I hope you get over that cold real soon!
Quote:
Tonight I'm heading to Costco. Pray for me
Did you survive Costco????

So same questions as I asked Berni... do you go to your grands Christmas morning to watch 'em open presents? Or do you go later in the day and bring the gifts?
  #342   ^
Old Sat, Dec-23-17, 06:43

BF:

DE, your cold is hanging on a while now. Hope it lets up for ya and you get over it soon now. Nothing better than watching small kids open presents, they love it so much and are thrilled with what they get just a fun time to enjoy!

Bernie, wow hope that heart infection thing gets under control very fast. that just sounds scary to me! And I hope you get some relax time in for sure, sounds like you need some down time and fun to blow off that busy work schedule of yours!! Xmas Eve party sounds fun!!

JO, Christmas meal here is lasagna and garlic bread for them, and I am making a bunch of small beef filet mignons to go with that for whoever wants one, but I sure will be having one I might, just might do a small salad with mine.

Antoine-Jean, ahhh french cause you guys grew up in France right? I just always loved that name Nicole for some reason. We tried calling her Nicky for a bit but she didn't like it HA HA so we just hold with Nicole. It is amazing how many people want to spell it with H...Nichole. HUH? I never saw it spelled that way and I just say, no H, we spell it the old fashioned way!

HI GUYS
Mom here, all good
hubby works today but off tomorrow til Jan 5 for company shut down. Funny cause kiddo is like, WOW Dad's company is great, the give him holiday breaks and I say not really, they shut down ONLY because that is their annual maintenace/shut down all machines and clean time. So it is to their benefit but the employees get great time off because of it. I told her most companies only give a day or 2 for Christmas and not everyone gets this 'shut down' long time for the holiday and she didn't like that, she said she is working for a company in the future that shuts down, I said good luck with that LOL Funny how kids don't know how the real world works when we do know and see it all, and yet they haven't seen nothing yet....I get a kick out of talking to her about things

great day all
  #343   ^
Old Sat, Dec-23-17, 09:49

BF:

Morning All...

I survived Costco it was actually less crowded than when I usually go. I waited until evening instead of going during the day.

I got shrimp and a cheese tray to take for Christmas Eve. We are doing things just a little different this year. Usually my son and family come to our house for Christmas Eve and we eat and exchange gifts. This year the meal is at my DDIL's sister's house. So I am not even sure when we will have our gift exchange. Then we usually go to my son's house after they open their Santa gifts on Christmas morning and see all their loot. We have early dinner together, sometimes breakfast together. I think we will probably take their gifts over Christmas morning. Not sure yet! It's been just us and my son's family for most holidays and birthdays, but now my DDIL's sister lives here. Though it's not unusual for my DDIL'S family to come to town. She comes from a large family and they're here in town a lot. They are a very friendly and loving group, we get along really good.

Today is finishing up the gift wrapping. Everything else is done!

#344   ^
Old Sat, Dec-23-17, 12:54

BF:

Hello dear warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

Getting on the road to head to DSIL for extended family Xmas celebration!
I have presents for nieces and nephews under 12. Everyone else in grab bag!
Tomorrow I will go by DD’s and grandkiddies will open presents!
Monday I plan on just baked salmon with leafy greens salad! Long trail walks with magnum! I may have colt also DS goes by girl friend family!
I have to work Monday night since I covering for staff off that are traveling for holidays!
Have a great day warriors and take care of yourself!
  #345   ^
Old Sun, Dec-24-17, 04:51
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Smile Christmas Eve 2017

H a p p y C h r i s t m a s E v e to you and yours, dear WARRIORS!

Take some time today to just chil-lax to take care of YOU b/c you're WORTH IT!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

“If we feed our appetite for carbs, it GROWS. If we deny this desire, it WANES.”
~ GreekRibs 2 Sept 2016

Karen:
Quote:
JO, Christmas meal here is lasagna and garlic bread for them, and I am making a bunch of small beef filet mignons to go with that for whoever wants one, but I sure will be having one I might, just might do a small salad with mine.
Oh I remember the Christmas Lasagna. You bought the ingredients for your mom the other day so she could make it!

Sounds like you've got the perfect LC Christmas dinner planned: beef filet mignon and a side salad!

I know you'll stay Warrior Strong and not partake in the carb-age!
Quote:
Antoine-Jean, ahhh french cause you guys grew up in France right?
Naw, we really didn't grow up in France (we were born there) and stayed there for like the first 6 years of our lives then moved all over Europe.

My mom was French, dad is an American (he was AF for almost 30 yrs). We spent summer break in France with family when we were growing up.

Antoine-Jean is a family name, I have a totally French name too! Jo is just a nickname!
Quote:
I just always loved that name Nicole for some reason. We tried calling her Nicky for a bit but she didn't like it HA HA so we just hold with Nicole. It is amazing how many people want to spell it with H...Nichole. HUH? I never saw it spelled that way and I just say, no H, we spell it the old fashioned way!
Mine goes by Nikki, I've never had that experience where peeps wanna spell her name with an H. Wonder if that's a regional thingy???
Quote:
hubby works today but off tomorrow til Jan 5 for company shut down. Funny cause kiddo is like, WOW Dad's company is great, the give him holiday breaks and I say not really, they shut down ONLY because that is their annual maintenace/shut down all machines and clean time. So it is to their benefit but the employees get great time off because of it. I told her most companies only give a day or 2 for Christmas and not everyone gets this 'shut down' long time for the holiday and she didn't like that, she said she is working for a company in the future that shuts down, I said good luck with that LOL Funny how kids don't know how the real world works when we do know and see it all, and yet they haven't seen nothing yet....I get a kick out of talking to her about things
Nice that your DH gets the much deserved time off!

Yeppers, your DD is clueless about the "real" adult world as are most of her peers.

Tell your DD the only peeps that get that much time off are school teachers/school staff... BUT I wouldn't recommend that career to ANYONE if one's doing it for the time off. The pay is lousy beyond belief and you really have to the kiddos; warts and all!

De:
Quote:
I survived Costco it was actually less crowded than when I usually go. I waited until evening instead of going during the day.
Imma so GLAD you survived!!

So maybe evenings are the ideal time for shopping at your Costco...
Quote:
I got shrimp and a cheese tray to take for Christmas Eve. We are doing things just a little different this year. Usually my son and family come to our house for Christmas Eve and we eat and exchange gifts. This year the meal is at my DDIL's sister's house. So I am not even sure when we will have our gift exchange. Then we usually go to my son's house after they open their Santa gifts on Christmas morning and see all their loot. We have early dinner together, sometimes breakfast together. I think we will probably take their gifts over Christmas morning. Not sure yet! It's been just us and my son's family for most holidays and birthdays, but now my DDIL's sister lives here. Though it's not unusual for my DDIL'S family to come to town. She comes from a large family and they're here in town a lot. They are a very friendly and loving group, we get along really good.
Your shrimp and cheese tray sounds totally de-lish!

WTG taking something to eat that you know you can HAVE!

Sounds like you're staying very flexible for Christmas gift exchange... but no matter what, I know you and your fam and extended fam will have a joyous time!
Quote:
Today is finishing up the gift wrapping. Everything else is done!

Berni:
Quote:
Getting on the road to head to DSIL for extended family Xmas celebration!
Wishing you safe travels to and from your DSIL! How far a trip is that?
Quote:
I have presents for nieces and nephews under 12. Everyone else in grab bag!
Tomorrow I will go by DD’s and grandkiddies will open presents!
Sounds like you've got everything "wrapped" up as well! I know you'll have fun with your family!
Quote:
Monday I plan on just baked salmon with leafy greens salad! Long trail walks with magnum! I may have colt also DS goes by girl friend family!
A very low-key, stress-free day for you tomorrow! You deserve it!
Quote:
I have to work Monday night since I covering for staff off that are traveling for holidays!
That was so nice of you to cover for staff that are off and traveling for the holiday!