Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#286   ^
Old Sat, Feb-24-07, 21:53

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BawdyWench
Hmmmm. Individual servings. I might have to try this! What size ramekins did you use?
The ones I have a clear glass, say "custard cup" on the botton, and are about 4" across and 2" deep.
Sponsored Links
  #287   ^
Old Tue, Mar-20-07, 14:43

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

I just made this cheesecake again for the first time in ages, and it's just as good as I remember.

Early on, someone asked me how long it will last in the fridge. I can honestly say now that if you don't have even one bite, it will last a very long time. If, on the other hand, you actually taste it, it will last only a couple short days!

I made it on Sunday, and I'm polishing off the last of it today!
  #288   ^
Old Wed, Mar-21-07, 12:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 217/157/135 Female 5"4'
BF:
Progress:

[QUOTE=BawdyWench]I just made this cheesecake again for the first time in ages, and it's just as good as I remember.

Early on, someone asked me how long it will last in the fridge. I can honestly say now that if you don't have even one bite, it will last a very long time. If, on the other hand, you actually taste it, it will last only a couple short days!

That sounds like the way I would answer.
  #289   ^
Old Wed, Mar-21-07, 16:40

Plan: Low-carb/Atkin's
Stats: 265/242/200 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 35%

I made this cheesecake yesturday and we had our first bite tonight after dinner, and YUMMY!!! We both loved it. I tried another cheesecake recipe I found but it tasted awful. This one rocked! I added some stevia-like sweetener to the crust to make it more sweet and then added vanilla davinci and some lemon juice to the batter. YUM!
Thanks so much for this recipe. It is a keeper!
  #290   ^
Old Wed, Mar-28-07, 05:14
Operation Ann 2013

Stats: 310/297.0/150 Female 5ft 1 in
BF:Of course!! :)
Progress: 8%

Hey Bawdy!

I just made this last night for the very first time and MY Goodness it is the best!!!! My DH is the most critical when it comes to l/c food (and he is a diabetic) he said to me "are you sure this is l/c?" Yeah, big guy it is!!!!! I made it using the Almond flour, sweezfree and some caramel SF Davinci in the crust, and sweezfree and Caramel syrup in the cheesecake as well. Just delish!!!! Who in the heck is gonna need to worry about this keeping in the fridge? Not if you taste it!

Thanks for a fabulous recipe!!!!!! I am going to start making one to keep in the freezer to bring to friends when they do dinner!
  #291   ^
Old Wed, Mar-28-07, 06:59

BF:

Glad to be of service. You're right. This is one LC recipe that can absolutely pass for the "real thing." I've made it for pot-lucks at work, but don't tell people it's LC.

I just got some DaVinci syrups in the mail (netrition.com). I'll have to try a variation.
  #292   ^
Old Wed, Mar-28-07, 07:30

Plan: lower carb, lower GI
Stats: 298/277/240 Female 5'6
BF:yes it is
Progress: 36%

Look for ground hazelnut flou from Hobson Mills. It makes a great crust!
  #293   ^
Old Wed, Mar-28-07, 14:00

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 198.5/183/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 23%

HI BAWDY

I had tried your recipe before and it didn't work out for me. i figured i made a mistake somewhere and had not tried it again until today. i made little cheesecakes and they came out wonderfully! thank you so much!

bawdy's

2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1/2 cup Splenda (or any flavored SF syrup you like)

Blend until combined, maybe 15 or 20 seconds. Then slowly add:

16 ounces cream cheese (2 packages, softened)
2 Tbsp melted butter

i used

2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
5 drops real lemon
1 1/2 cups of trader joe's mediterranean cheese sytle yogurt
sweetzfree to taste
16 ounces of cream cheese
2 tbls. of butter

I made mini cheesecakes by using square silicone baking cups that are cupcake sized. i filled each one just past the fill line.

I baked them on a cookie sheet in my toaster oven at 325 degrees for 25 minutes.

I did not leave the little cheesecakes in the oven with it off as others had done, but instead put them in the fridge after about 5 minutes.

those 12 initial cheesecakes came out wonderfully. the flavor was excellent and only one mini cheesecake cracked, the rest did not. each was dense and level, no sinkholes in the middle.

i had enough batter left for three more, so i used three of the triangle shaped silicone cupcake baking cups and tried lovering the temperature and cooking those three a little longer, 35 minutes, and then leaving them in the oven with the door open for awhile as specified. those ones became more browned on top and developed sinkholes in the middle, so from now one, i'm going to go with the first cooking method and then stick the cheesecake straight into the fridge like i did initially. i think i will make these for easter this year.

thanks again bawdy!
  #294   ^
Old Wed, Mar-28-07, 14:02

BF:

i'll try to post a picture later
  #295   ^
Old Wed, Mar-28-07, 15:18

BF:

i put this through fitday and it came to 30 carbs for the whole recipe. not too shabby
  #296   ^
Old Fri, Mar-30-07, 12:05
Operation Ann 2013

Hey Bawdy,

The old man is totally addicted to the cheesecake. I am so grateful that he likes this so much (did I say thank you?) seriously I love it too.....so, I hope that you have your smell a vision on, because I made another one today, with 3 squares of unsweetned chocolate and some caramel SF DV syrup and here is a picture of it out of the oven cooling on the counter!

I can't wait to taste it tonight, maybe I won't wait? I got some SF Land o Lakes Whipped cream in the can, that is dying to hop right on this!
  #297   ^
Old Fri, Mar-30-07, 16:04

BF:

Looks great! Also looks like the top didn't crack. Do you have this problem? If not, how do you get around it?

My last cheesecake cracked terribly on top, even though I had a large casserole with water in the oven with it.
  #298   ^
Old Sat, Mar-31-07, 07:55
Operation Ann 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BawdyWench
Looks great! Also looks like the top didn't crack. Do you have this problem? If not, how do you get around it?

My last cheesecake cracked terribly on top, even though I had a large casserole with water in the oven with it.

Hey lady!

You know the funny thing about it, it didn't crack until later, and I did leave it in the oven for about an hour after? Weird the last one cracked too.....and both times I had a huge casserole pan underneath with water! So if you ever figure out how to avoid it or anyone does, I would be interested, although the cracks don't change the awesome flavor!

That time I added 3 squares of unsweetned chocolate to about 1/3 of the batter, oy, that was too intense, I should have stuck with one or two squares, but you know I am an experimenter from hell, there will be more I guarantee! Was still good......tho!!! I should have added more than 3 drops extra of sweezfree as well, was still somewhat bitter, good for me, but the old man....not so much! Oh well, I covered it with SF Sweetned cream anywho!
  #299   ^
Old Sat, Mar-31-07, 08:15

BF:

have ya'll tried cooking it for a little less time for the cracking? when i made the little ones, only one cracked, and i think it was because i had cooked them in the toaster oven, and in order for the pan to fit, i had the rack higher than it should have been, and the cheesecakes werew a bit too close to the heat source.

the first batch came out perfectly, clean and clear on top, condensing evenly into a solid cheesecake density without lumps, bumps, cracking, or sinking. i had put them straight into the fridge.

when i tried cooking the last three a little longer at a lesser temperature, and having left them to rest in the oven for awhile, they were lightly browned on top and sunk in the middle. they ended up with a completely different taste and texture, not as good.
  #300   ^
Old Sat, Mar-31-07, 08:16

BF:

oh, and i could not post a picture of the good ones, because alas, i ate them all!