Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-02, 16:56

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 20/08/00 Female 5'10"
BF:not/low/enough
Progress: 60%

Thanks Jo-Ann for the encouragement! I've always been addicted to carbs. Severely. So I imagine just changing to low-carb eating was pretty major. My body just adjusts well to it.

Starchile: My birthday is in June too. I think it's wonderful that you are hanging tough through this stall! Short stalls are tough enough. Yikes! But you sound committed. I know you'll pull through it!

And yes, JoAnn, here's to hoping the whoosh fairy and the birthday wish fairy *are* related (but let's also hope the whoosh fairy visits more often!!!)
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-02, 17:06

Plan: Atkins --> South Beach
Stats: 219/214.5/165 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

My birthday was last week, but since I got engaged that day I'd like to countdown to my wedding. Not for the typical reasons, though. Sure it would be great to look fab in a swanky dress, but it's more because my fiancé (still can't get used to that!) and I are serious social dancers, and we plan to hold a large, day-long dance for our wedding. I want to be healthy and buff enough to dance my booty off for hours on end!

Besides, I have to join this thread because Alena is here, and I seem to following her around this board!

rhu
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Sep-06-02, 07:11

Plan: atkins
Stats: 179.6/179.6/144 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi Alena
I just know that those clothes are going to be toooooo bigggg, of course this will mean you are going to need a smaller closet for the smaller clothes . One can be a wonderful number, I will say a little prayer for you, for a little one, the first number on the scale, I must be careful when I wish someone a little one, . My father's birthday is the 15 and if you are like him, you are smart, extremely kind and a strong willed,(oh yah, and you love to tease, and are the best hugger). Nothing wrong with those traits, you will be the controller of your own destiny. So glad you dropped by.
Yours Truely Jo-Ann
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Sep-06-02, 07:20

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 265/258/129
BF:48/48/20
Progress: 5%

thanks Jo-Ann,

I'd actually love another little one but alas, you apparantly have to be having sex for that to happen!!! lol

You are right about the traits, esp. stubborn!!!! (I don't think I'm that stubborn, but if you were to ask the people around me....)

Happy Taurus,

Alena.
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Sep-06-02, 07:25

BF:

Hi Starchile

Wow, you sound like a determined kind of girl. I really do admire your spirit. Stalls can be greusome (spelling?). It seems that your body just wants to hold onto that number forever.
I can't tell you how glad I am to hear that you are going to forget about the charts. Can't stand them, A couple of years ago I weighed 128, and went to the doctor, he asked me if I had been eating and not to lose any more wieght!!!!!!! The charts said I was at my proper wieght. This is scary stuff. We are not a number are we? OK, Watch Jo-Ann get off soap box, sorry about that.
I am sending you the whoosh fairy, she is on her way, I'm not sure how long it will take her to get to you from Nova Scotia, but she is coming to see you, Thanks for jumping in, love the picture.
"stall be gone"
Yours Truely Jo-Ann
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Sep-06-02, 07:36

BF:

Hi Cre8tivgirl

Love that sign in. Yes, the whoosh fairy comes more often. It's funny, when you first drop the carb's you think, what am I going to eat, then if you eat something carby (new word ???) it tastes like cardboard.
Can't believe that it was the carb's that gave me all the heartburn not the fat and protein. It's so nice not to wake up in the middle of the night dying from heartburn.
Your Truely Jo-Ann
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Sep-06-02, 07:46

BF:

Happy Birthday Rhu

Congradulations!!!!!

Swanky dress , a good man , dancing to the weee hours of the morning . Sounds like you are going to have a wonderful day. Don't pick that dress out too early, it's hard to take a dress in two sizes!!!
I can understand why you follow Alena around, she has a great sense of humor.
So what color is that swanky dress going to be girl?
Yours Truely Jo-Ann
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Sep-06-02, 07:52

BF:

Alena
LOL, when I was writing my reply to you, I had written and then rewritten that part about strong willed, the first time it read " a bit stubborn" but I didn't want to hurt your feelings in a million years so I changed it. It's actually a family trait for us, I am almost as stubborn as him, Let's just say it's a survival instinct, right??
Jo-Ann
  #24   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-02, 11:58

Rhu: Congrats!!!! Your plan for the dance sounds fun!! I got married in February...but we snuck off to Vegas (with all our family and friends ). I was at my all time high weight of 270 at the time. Maybe for my first anniversary I'll get some sexy dress to go out in and post the before and after pics for you all.

Jo-Ann: You are so right about the heartburn and the carby foods. The idea of eating a bowl of pasta is not appealing to me at all anymore.

Alena: My best friend's birthday is May 8th... very strong willed. I don't see the stubborn, but her husband tells a different story. Now my 6-year-old, on the other hand, was born on May 9th and good gravy... we are thinking of changing that child's middle name to "because I don't want to," after his favorite phrase.

I am a typical Gemini. Gotta socialize and so many things going on at once that it makes my poor hubby's head spin.
  #25   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-02, 15:13

BF:
Talking LOL

Cre8tivegirl. You are too funny. My 7 year old has just started the whine thing, what is that all about, I just don't know what to do when my husband and my son both whine at the same time, it's even worse when they are whining at each other. They play lego well together though.
Jo-Ann
  #26   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-02, 12:47

Jo-Ann... I hear ya. Must be the age range or the planetary alignment or something. My husband and I saw on a news program that the best way to deal with whining is to ignore it completely. Yeah right! I have much more patience than my hubby and even I can't ingore some of it. And my hubby... sometimes I think he eggs the whining on to see just how much whine he can get out of a short person in one sitting. I think they are trying for a world record (if they haven't already beat it).

#27   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-02, 13:08

BF:
Talking I think Your husband and Mine are related

Yes, ignoring it works as an extinguisher if you do it everytime. Yeah right, it might work if you lived in only one whining situation, but in the real world all the variables change and before you know it the whining has already been reacted to, before you even realize you're responding.
Your too funny with the husband thing. I have to ask my husband daily,"why must you wind him up". Maybe they are related?
Jo-Ann
  #28   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-02, 18:12

They are the same species... they are ALL like that.
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-02, 05:05

BF:
Talking ????

Sometimes I wonder, are we really the same species or did God have a slightly warped sense of humor, I bet She did.
Jo-Ann
  #30   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-02, 14:35
Registered Member

Plan: 20-30 grams daily
Stats: 262/192/140
BF:
Progress: 57%
Talking

out of my three week no loseing anything slump i am down to 206 got hung at 212 for 3 weeks but didnt give up still got up ever day and did the same ole thing and look it worked lost 6 lbs this week 4 was one of those overnight kinda whoosh things. lol keep up the good work guys cant wait till the first number of my weight is a 1 again....