Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Jan-13-07, 12:27

Plan: Atkins/my own
Stats: 280/260/240 Male 77
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default I found them!

Not sure if this is going to help anyone who is not in Maine (which is like, all of you), but one of the Hannafords in Portland just started carrying these again. I bought them last night and had a low carb pizza - cheese, pepperoni, ham, a little bit of pizza sauce (3 grams of carbs for a HALF cup) and it was...well it was just great.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Jan-13-07, 13:57
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Does anyone know of any stores that may be willing to ship some?
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Jan-25-07, 11:35

Plan: Fat Flush Plan
Stats: 145/142/125 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress:
Arrow Sucralose

Well, What the FDA considers "safe" doesn't mean it is. They have a horrible reputation when it comes to recalls on things they originally considered "safe" to use.

Splenda is one of the biggest deceptions of this century. I encourage all of you to reconsider your use of splenda, or any other artificial sweetener.

I have many documents, articles pertaining to the deception behind artificial sweeteners like sucralose..which is splenda. Here is one website to read. There is also a good book by Dr. Joseph Mercola called "Sweet Deception" about splenda(sucralose).

http://www.mercola.com/2000/dec/3/sucralose_dangers.htm#

There are many more articles on Dr. Mercola's website out sucralose and other artificial sweeteners. Just to to www.mercola.com and in the search box, type in splenda or artificial sweeteners.
  #19   ^
Old Tue, May-08-07, 13:30

Plan: various - SBD control
Stats: 220/206/180 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress:

I have always been cautious on my usage of artificial sweeteners, to the point that if I am trying to curb a sweet tooth, why prolong my 'need' for it? That being said, I find life dull without the occasional real thing, and sometimes I just know better than to eat the real thing because of it's effect on me. I do use Sucralose, because I deem it marginally a better sin that aspartame and acesulfame-K. I probably average one packet in my coffee and sometimes one can of soda a day if I'm not taking a break from all of it (see below). I don't usually cook with it or use other products containing it on a daily basis. Since I lose 20 lbs in 4 months on the South Beach Diet some years ago, my sweet tooth has been wonderfully curtailed and controllable.

I also don't put much trust in the hoaxes (huge one out there about aspartame) and those that have something to sell, especially the health food peddlers that sell products for a lot more than they are worth, and based on the seller's own beliefs or small tests funded by (drumroll) themselves.

Call me a skeptic, but I don't have much faith in them, even if they turn out to be correct -- because they are 'selling' something. What I prefer for now to do, is 1) limit my exposure to start with, even if I don't completely eliminate it, and 2) have periods of time where I DO completely eliminate it, and without substituting the real thing. This means if I have to drink coffee or tea for several weeks without additions, and mostly just water, then so be it.

Heck, I still have concerns about what is in the bottled water and even what is left if I run through a reverse-osmosis filter anymore. It seems everywhere one goes, there is a risk to consuming something, and in the case of artificial sweeteners, MSG and other additives, I fully believe that these are triggers for some and that some additives can have severe sensitivities that may/may not be actually life threatening; but because there are undeniable "symptoms," there seems to be a rush to judgement is that they are harmful for 'everyone.' I also know I have 'bad days' where I could blame any and everything I've had that day for any number of symptoms, but I don't really know it unless I do the elimination test. Having done this for both aspartame and sucralose, I have deduced that I am either not sensitive to the amounts I consume, they are not harmful for 'me' in any way I can measure, or they are harmful in ways I cannot see. Honestly, I can't see where I've eliminated a thing if I still have 3 choices.

Last edited by WystleStop : Tue, May-08-07 at 13:42. Reason: forgot to add average of much sucralose I consume daily
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Feb-15-08, 15:21

Plan: no special one
Stats: 184/180/125 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress:

Today I bought Berkley and Jensen (BJ's) cedars flax, oat bran and whole wheat flour LAVISH BREAD.It has 0 cholesterol; 2 grams of fat (for 1/2 Lavash), 7 g carb,5 g of protein and 3 grams of fiber. Very good and low carb. Supposed to be an excellent source of omega-3 as well. I think I am posting this in the wrong place, but here goes (new at this)
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-08, 14:10

Plan: my own
Stats: 235/200/150 Female 63 in
BF:
Progress:
Talking Found it!!

I found the website for Joseph's!!!

Took a while but this place is worth it.

http://www.josephsmiddleeastbakery.com/
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-08, 13:24

Plan: own
Stats: 200/200/150 Female 5.9
BF:
Progress:
Default josephs pita

bought some today at walmart
they are sooo good
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-08, 16:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/137/135 Female 5'4”
BF:
Progress: 93%

I eat these a lot but am having difficulty finding them lately.
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-08, 17:47
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

doesnt netrition sell them now?
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-08, 07:55

Plan: Figuring it out
Stats: 366/282.2/166 Female 5'6"
BF:YEP/YEP/YEP
Progress: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LISACC53
bought some today at walmart
they are sooo good

What section did you find them in? In with the other breads? I keep checking our local Super Walmart and can't find them!! UGH!!
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-08, 09:18
Butter is Better!

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 234/220.4/160 Female 5"8.5"
BF:its back again!
Progress: 18%

I love the pita and the lavish bread, I get them at my super walmart, near the bakery, but also online from netrition.com
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-08, 09:33

Stats: 162/137/135 Female 5'4”
BF:
Progress: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyJourney
doesnt netrition sell them now?

I think so but I meant finding them locally. I hate ordering & waiting.
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-08, 12:16

Plan: Figuring it out
Stats: 366/282.2/166 Female 5'6"
BF:YEP/YEP/YEP
Progress: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by liddie01
I love the pita and the lavish bread, I get them at my super walmart, near the bakery, but also online from netrition.com

Oh they have them on line at netrition?!?! YEAH! I will definitely be placing an order soon!

THANKS!!
  #29   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-08, 13:36

Stats: 156/135/130 Female 5' 2
BF:22 %
Progress: 81%

I absolutely LOVE these things !!
I am SO glad the Super WalMart that I go to carries them. These are TONS better than the Flat Outs.
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Aug-06-08, 18:40

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 326/235/180 Female 6 ft.
BF:
Progress: 62%

I found the pitas at a WalMart (I don't like to shop there unless forced) in Southern IL.