Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 16:35

Plan: Carb cycling
Stats: 225/164/155 Male 5'8
BF:~15%
Progress: 87%

at the end of the day, this comes down to genetics, its not unusual to lose fat around your stomach last, and dont think u can do situps to help, as you cannot spot reduce fat

just stick at it, as long as ur loosing from somewhere, your progressing, and dont worry it will come off in the end
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 19:52

Plan: atkins
Stats: 146/123/123 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 100%

The thing that helped me the most was my treadmill. I walk my butt off on it for 30 minutes a day and literally walked my butt off. You can do it. I found that after about 1 week of walking I was addicted, it made me feel so much better. I am weird I love to walk on that treadmill, and then I live in the middle of nowhere and we have a hill that start out gradual and then gets steeper at the top, so sometimes I change up and walk up and down that and can feel the difference in the morning. I even make sure when I go out of town which I travel alot that my hotels have workout rooms.

It worked on my stomach too, it all just shrank, I have had 2 kids both c-sections and wear a size 2 or 4. Keep up the hard work and you will see the results.

Ps I have also found that I am a protein junky, and hardly ever eat 20 grams of carbs a day, but when I eat protein it makes me drink tons of water, so I love it. I also take CLA for stomach fat and love it.
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Apr-12-06, 06:43

Plan: Atkins - sort of
Stats: 272/240/180 Female 64 inches
BF:Restart LC 03/09
Progress: 35%
Default AmoryBlain and 2Bickie:

Thanks for the info!

Amory - You wouldn't want to move to eastern NC so I can join in under you and become one of your trainees???? You're very encouraging while also having the tone of a drill sargent....the ideal replacement for the trainers on "Biggest Loser" should one of them ever bow out!

~~Now, who has a treadmill they want to sell? I need one ASAP! If you do happen to have one you don't use, let me know and I'll give you my email address so we can discuss $ and shipping.
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Apr-12-06, 11:54

Plan: Primal/whole 30
Stats: 208/179/158 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI 27,goal 25
Progress: 58%

Thanks, Amory!

I will try to work up to harder cardio. I am lazy and hate cardio. The stair stepper hurt my knees and I had to get rid of it. I will try to do more walking though. I really love my exercise bike, probably because it is easier. I should be able to keep up with the weight training, I really like doing weights usually.

I am frustrated that I have gained a pound but I know that is probably normal after losing for 2 weeks in inducation and with all the weight training I am doing. I look thinner in my face and upper body at least.
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Apr-12-06, 21:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/143/155 Female 5'10''
BF:38%/21.4%/24.9%
Progress: 117%

bbthemt--Funny you should mention drill sergeants; all the men in my life are/were either drill sergeans for the US Marine Corps or are in special forces with the US Army. I guess it has rubbed off on me a little bit!

Oh my, I LOVE training women who are determined. Too bad I'm not in NC to help! I'm a big advocate of proper form and the science behind natural body building.

I guess if I ever quit my day job I could see if The Biggest Loser has openings? Haha.

Hang in there everyone!
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Apr-12-06, 21:40

Plan: atkins
Stats: 146/123/123 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hey i got a secret about walking on the treadmill when you cant go outside. I borrow my little girls portable dvd player as mine is no where near a tv and catch up on all my movies, I can walk forever and never even think about it if Im watching a good chic flic
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Apr-12-06, 22:18

Plan: Body For Life
Stats: 320/295/180 Female 67 inches
BF:too much thanks!
Progress: 18%

Absolutely! I used to catch up on soaps "back in the day" LOL. These days I pick some great workout music and it totally keeps me focused. I tried once without music when my iPod was out of batteries, and I couldn't stop obsessing about how long I'd been at it. I couldn't wait until my 20 minutes was up! Using music is a total lifesaver for me.
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Apr-13-06, 04:17

Stats: 310/239/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 44%

I feel like Humpty Dumpty with sticks for legs. I know exactly how you feel! Any pair of pants I try on, too big in the butt and legs, to tight in the waist....story of my life. My boobs have gone from a 44 DDD to a 40 Long, but the gut remains the same. In all reality, I have lost inches in my waist, but everywhere else has lost so much more, that the waist cant seem to catch up, and therefore, always seems so much bigger. Everyone tells me it will eventually catch up, and to just keep plugging away....That's what I'm doing....that, and I work out 6 days a week, 4 miles on the treadmill and weight training!!
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Apr-13-06, 06:22

Plan: Atkins - sort of
Stats: 272/240/180 Female 64 inches
BF:Restart LC 03/09
Progress: 35%
Default Amory I would make you proud....

and me! Since I don't have a treadmill, I hit the pavement yesterday afternoon when I got home from work. I walked 2 miles and got the heart pumping (and the fingers swelling....when I get hot, my fingers swell!?). My mother lives a mile from me and cooked dinner for my family last night. Instead of driving there, I walked. I've made it a goal to get out there every day and walk! If that's what it takes to get rid of this belly and butt, then that's what I'll do.

My 12-year-old and 9-year-old daughters went along with me at THEIR request. I couldn't have been more pleased because I feel they're too sedentary and need to be more active. This new walking plan may just kill two birds with one stone! ~Hubby rode one of our horses along beside of us...it turned out to be a complete family affair!
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Apr-13-06, 06:50

Stats: 225/143/155 Female 5'10''
BF:38%/21.4%/24.9%
Progress: 117%

Way to go bbthemt! You need to start a journal now to track your progress!

~Amory~
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Apr-13-06, 07:43

Stats: 156/146.8/139 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzfan
Absolutely! I used to catch up on soaps "back in the day" LOL. These days I pick some great workout music and it totally keeps me focused. I tried once without music when my iPod was out of batteries, and I couldn't stop obsessing about how long I'd been at it. I couldn't wait until my 20 minutes was up! Using music is a total lifesaver for me.

I TOTALLY know that feeling!! I'd be dead without my MP3 player on days that I run. This is especially true when I do a road race - I can forget that I have only run 2 or 3 out of 10 if I have loud music to focus on instead of the pain in my <fill in body part>

Music makes all the difference - I also use my MP3 in the gym when weightlifting - makes people leave me alone!!!! I'm very anti social at the gym - I'm not there to chat, I'm too easily distracted.....

Happy exercising all - hope we all lose the extra belly inches fast!

Julie
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Apr-13-06, 13:36

Plan: Primal/whole 30
Stats: 208/179/158 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI 27,goal 25
Progress: 58%

I would love to watch chick flicks while I am working out. Unfortunately, I am usually watching the Wiggles or Teletubbies to keep my toddler entertained while I am working out. At least, the wiggles has upbeat music.
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Apr-13-06, 15:13

Plan: Body For Life
Stats: 320/295/180 Female 67 inches
BF:too much thanks!
Progress: 18%

Oh Twin Mama, have you seen Lazy Town on Nick Jr? Talk about a motivation to get healthy...
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Apr-13-06, 15:19

Stats: 355.6/323/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 16%

I dontk now But I am losing it on my top, which makes my belly stick out more. Cant this lose work with me a little bit??????
sandi
  #30   ^
Old Thu, Apr-13-06, 16:33
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins modified
Stats: 178/145/138 Female 5' 8.5"
BF:
Progress:
Default Hi

I know people say that you can't target where weight comes off but
I've been doing little cardio but 5 times a week a pilates abs tape (a bit over 20 min). After 6 weeks my waist lost 1.5" (my weight was constant because I'm in maintenance). You may not be able to budge fat but you certainly can tighten muscles and narrow your waist.