Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Mar-25-06, 20:51
Give chance a chance

Plan: General LC maintenance
Stats: 152.6/115.6/115 Female 60 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 98%

Service at Netrition is also excellent and the shipping/handling costs are very reasonable. So reasonable, in fact, that I keep ordering more than I really need from them. As in their cinnamon flavoured baked pork skin puffs. Absolutely addictive...you would never guess that a pig had ever been involved.

Kay
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Mar-25-06, 21:47

Plan: No one plan
Stats: 208.5/180.5/150 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 48%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeel
Now if they had a fried clam strip flavour, I might be in heaven.

If you ever find this, you MUST tell me where you found it! That would ROCK!
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Mar-25-06, 22:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 361/285.0/240.0 Male 5'11"
BF:Shake Hands w/Beef
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeel
Service at Netrition is also excellent and the shipping/handling costs are very reasonable. So reasonable, in fact, that I keep ordering more than I really need from them. As in their cinnamon flavoured baked pork skin puffs. Absolutely addictive...you would never guess that a pig had ever been involved.

Kay

Oh oh........Cinnamon pork skin puffs...I have to check that out! I have been toying with a way to get cinnamon and a little sweetner to stick to pork rinds....if someone did it for me, so much the better. Is it real cinnamon??

Also, with your Gingerbread syrup in flax muffins, did you try adding a bit of ground ginger? Just a thought......
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Mar-25-06, 22:58

Stats: 128/117.5/110 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 58%

I love grape and raspberry on shaved ice! YUM!
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Mar-26-06, 01:58

Plan: HCG/LCHF
Stats: 224/201/190 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%

I love the caramel Da Vinci and Dulce de Leche is very similar. I prefer French Vanilla to Vanilla and don't find the chocolate one tastes much like chocolate. The fruit-flavoured ones (strawberry, cherry, raspberry) work well with the instant ice cream made in a food processor and blueberry works well to cook frozen blueberries into a sauce to top cheesecake with.
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Mar-26-06, 02:48

Plan: Human Experimentation
Stats: 170/100/105 Female 4'10
BF:
Progress: 108%

Dulce de leche is the best in coffee, by far my favorite ever.
I love raspberry too, in coffee.
Mocha is nice too.
I try to stay away from the fruit flavors because I like mine in coffee and well...I couldn't really put them in anything because of my restricted diet.

There are so many awesome flavors. I need to get some more.

German Chocolate Cake is awesome too, in coffee given it has enough cream.
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Mar-26-06, 13:28
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 303/262/150 Female 53
BF:
Progress:

i have most of the flavors, i really like the vanilla and white choc, in yogurt with a little lemon extract or a bit of peanut butter, on the davincis site they have great recipes for them also.
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Mar-26-06, 15:44

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I thought the peanut butter and the egg nog were disgusting and they eventually went down the drain.

I have the chocolate in my coffee every morning with a teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa powder and some cream Sometimes I use the Peppermint syrup in place of the chocolate for a mint chocolate mocha.

I use the raspberry in my protein shakes.

They also have a "Simple Syrup" which is just sweet-no flavour-good for 0-carb sweetening without affecting flavour.

I've tried the vanilla, kahlua, hazelnut, etc. in my coffee but always come back to the chocolate. The Macadamia nut was quite good, tho, and I bought the strawberry once and used it to sweetened cooked rhubarb to have over lc ice cream or cottage cheese

Next time I buy some I'm going to try more of the fruit flavours because I'm really into protein shakes now
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Mar-26-06, 16:41

Plan: Controlled carbs
Stats: 218/195/150 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 34%

I thank you for your help.
I guess that if I used lemon or orange zest with the unflavoured simple syrup that would take care of two.
I will get one of the (strawberry, cherry, raspberry) flavour ones for my yogurt.
I am interested in the German chocolate one.
  #25   ^
Old Sun, Mar-26-06, 20:31

Stats: 245/220/205 Male 6'3"
BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanie
They aren't rich like a pancake syrup...they are thin and watery and I end up using a lot at a time, which gets expensive. Which is why I plan to order the liquid Splenda when it is offered again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkil
They also have a "Simple Syrup" which is just sweet-no flavour-good for 0-carb sweetening without affecting flavour.

All prices include shipping:

Sweetzfree
Cost per cup sweetening equivalent: .75

Fiberfit
Cost per cup sweetening equivalent: 1.43

Davinci Simple Syrup
Cost per cup sweetening equivalent: 2.94

Although the Davinci flavored syrups have differing quantities of sweetener, they're probably in the same ballpark, making them all an extremely poor buy.

By purchasing Davinci syrups, you're paying big bucks for pennies worth of water, sweetener, soluble gum fiber and a little bit of flavor.

Davinci's is rip-off city.
  #26   ^
Old Sun, Mar-26-06, 20:34

Plan: SugarBusters
Stats: 298/198/170 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

I love the German Chocolate flavor for chocolate cheesecake I also like the thick chocolate syrup. I haven't tried a flavor that I haven't liked yet!!!

you might also look at torani sf syrups, they have a sf almond roca flavor that is spectacular!!!!!!!!
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Mar-28-06, 08:42

BF:

I guess it depends on how much you pay for your bottles. How much was a 750 ml bottle for that calculation?? I get mine for $3.65 USD per bottle. One bottle lasts me several weeks, using it daily in my coffee (and not skimping either). Same with my fruit-flavoured davinci - I put about 1/2 tbsp in my protein shake - that bottle is lasting forever and it gives a great flavour to my shake.

Not a ripoff, IMO.
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Mar-28-06, 17:11

Stats: 245/220/205 Male 6'3"
BF:

The $2.94 per cup equivalent was based on the Netrition price of $7.49 and $4.99 for shipping. If you're paying $3.65 per bottle with no shipping charges, then that's definitely not a rip-off. That comes to .86 per cup of sweetening equivalent. There are some places where cheaper Davinci's can be found (TJ Maxx comes to mind) but I would definitely say that $3.65 is not the norm. If I could find it for that price, I'd definitely buy it.
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Mar-28-06, 19:07

BF:

FYI: I buy it at Cash & Carry in Bellingham, WA, but I know the chain also goes by another name (can't think of it right now, tho).
  #30   ^
Old Tue, Mar-28-06, 21:59

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 00/00/00 Male 77 inches
BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkil
FYI: I buy it at Cash & Carry in Bellingham, WA, but I know the chain also goes by another name (can't think of it right now, tho).

I think you are referring to Smart & Final. We had them when I lived in Vegas and they carried Davinci's tall bottles. I bought some there last summer and they were only $2.99 a bottle! They were running some sale but normally they are $3.99 which is still really cheap.