Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Feb-04-06, 17:34
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: -/-/- Female 5ft 2in
BF:
Progress:

Frankos,
Honey, your not dying, you sound like you have CFS, chronic fatigue syndrome, previously called, M.E.
M.E isn't all in your head like people used to say, so when a doctor tells you that ignore him, it's actually caused by bacterium, a microplasm that invades the cells in your body and causes your immune system to fight itself as well as the desease, it mimics aids, M.S. Altzheimers and loads of other illnesses because it plays havoc with every cell in your body and brain.
But you can fight it, there's no quick fix to it and doctors hate this desease as much as they hate candida.
If you look at the cdc website it gives information on it, so it's slightly more acceptable to society now than candida is.
Your pain in joints and muscles is payback pain, you can do tasks when needed but you pay for it later in the day and sometimes for days afterwards.
You have to start pacing yourself, don't do to much in one go, but you need to find a doctor that is sympathetic to this illness to get help.
The good news is that usually you can get over it, but you have to do it slowly. And you need help.
I know from family experience the pain is so intense you want to curl up and die, but it will get better with the right treatment.
The thing to remember with CFS/ ME is their are no set guidelines and every case is different but they generally include, some of the following:
Brain fog, coated tongue, headaches, blurred vision, dizzyness, muscle pain, muscle spasms, weight loss, weight gain, ibs, acid reflux, breathing problems, swelling, thirst, lump in throat, palpertations, sweats and chills, and yes problems with yeast infections!!!! etc.
It's worth checking out.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Feb-09-06, 10:41

Plan: one on the net
Stats: 77/77/77 Male 5.7
BF:
Progress:

Wow frankos your story seems pretty much identical to mine. I know how frustraghting it is for the doctor to tell you your are fine when you muscles are in so much pain and you feel ill all the time, everything rings a bell I even had an aids test as it was the only test left to have, but nothing showed up! Eventually i found a doc who is a family member, and he suggested candida so i have been on a strict candida diet for one and a half months and i am on a pro biotic,milk thistle and organ of grape root, still feeling quit ill thought!! But the muscle pain has defo came down, and when I say diet I mean religious just fish chicken and veg and water nothing else at all, I am still feeling a bit apprehensive about not being 100 % sure that i have found my problem but it sounds like it can take a long time to recover, I will give it another 2 months and if I am not seeing results I will start looking in other areas, By the way did you symptoms sort of gradually build up, and after a while before you know it they were there all the time mines took about 2 years , basically having some off days , then more off days, then before I knew it no good days at all and life became hell !!

The only thing about the diet i find hard is there is no escape from your hell as you cant go out and eat at restaurants for fear of eating something that will hinder your recovery and you cant drink alcohol so you just need to face it when it rears its ugly head, I used to love going out for a meals or a few beers, if I felt ill, it would make me feel better cheer me up, only temporary though, but now there is no escape I just have to dig deep and keep going

Good luck!!!
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Feb-21-06, 07:35

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%
Default Yeast and Apple Cider Vinegar

I have been using Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar (from Healthfood Store) which helps...I use 2 T. mixed in about 4 ounces of water and drink with a straw 1/2 hour before each meal. Rinse mouth well afterwards because it can be hard on your enamel of your teeth... It would probably work better if you did this as a detox fast...but I just use it every day and as long as I stay away from cheese my symptoms are better...but on low carb I love cheese...thus the rash! But, my fog and a lot of the symptoms are much better...ALONG WITH 2 T. COD LIVER OIL A DAY!!!

I've tried everything to get rid of the yeast, unfortunately the only thing that does is stickiing to the diet forever...because it comes back when I eat anything that isn't on plan...

Here's a useful link, you can also do a search on apple cider vinegar and yeast overgrowth... This site also suggests using it on the skin rashes... They also suggest only 2 t. but I use 2 T....

http://www.greatdanelady.com/articl...d_allergies.htm

Last edited by skeeweeaka : Tue, Feb-21-06 at 07:51.