Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Dec-28-05, 10:22
I will try...until.

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 288.5/207.5/110 Female 61'
BF:52/52/20
Progress: 45%

Welcome Jenny!

Quote:
How have you been doing so far?
Food and water intake: I ve been doing pretty well
Excercise: mmmmmmmmmmmmm with the gym closed and the horrible cold outside I am lazyier than ever!!!!!!!!!

Water intake stinks, as always. I never drink enough. LOL.
I haven't cheated yet- But I REALLY wanted to at work the other day! So glad that I didn't give in!

And my gym was closed too. I was so mad, because I was all ready to go! LOL. Today I will.

Sapphire- Way to go! I am up to 2 days also! Only 12 left.

Quote:
Just want to say, you ladies are going to have the best birthdays ever! There's nothing like lookin' GRRREAT in a sexy outfit on YOUR day! Close your eyes and imagine...

Whenever I want to cheat or binge, I imagine just that. It helps a lot!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Dec-28-05, 11:57
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins - OWL
Stats: 150/150/110 Female 62.5
BF:
Progress: 0%

Akasha,
my gym is closed today as well. No cardio till tomorrow for me!!! I have been so lazyyyyyyyyyy.
Water intake is just an habit you have to get used to: I bring my bottle of water whenever I go and it helps; at least at some point you really wanna get rid of this heavy thing in the bag......and I drink!

Sapphire,
did you manage to get any sleep before day light? hope so!
I had a bit of an headache yesterday but nothing major........induction flu didn't affect me this time......not yet...fingers crossed!

gowntwindo,
with only 20 pounds to lose why do not join us? anything to celebrate around that time? make Memorial Day be your Memorial Day!
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Dec-28-05, 13:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 271/251/195 Male 5.10in
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default Hi

Hi everyone

I would like to join this challenge...is that cool I go back on induction in the morn. I had been on for 2 months and only lost 11 pounds but quite a few inches. The first time I lost 40+ pounds in the same amount of time. Very discouraging. BUT I WONT GIVE UP !!!

So how do we do this?? post every day?? are there rules?? I've never done this before.

Thanks D.

P.S.
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Dec-28-05, 14:24

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 164/162.6/151 Female 5'3"
BF:Sure is
Progress: 11%

Can I be in 2 challenges? I started one -- "January 2006 Bathing Suit Challenge"...

I am going to Yosemite in May, my b'day is in October...I could look forward to being sexy in hiking boots LOL

Actually come to think of it, the last time I was there, it was pre-weight loss and pre-workout, and I felt like I weighed 500 pounds at the higher elevations...serously, I felt sick. I could look forward to feeling robust at Tuolomne Meadows and Tenaya Lake...

Main Entry: ro·bust
1 a : having or exhibiting strength or vigorous health
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Dec-29-05, 10:35

Plan: Low-Carb
Stats: 265/230/150 Female 64
BF:42
Progress: 30%

I come here to confess my sins Yesterday I messed up induction, yet again. I did wonderfully all day, but I went with my boyfriend to the club he played last night and cheated. Now considering I did not sleep the night before, being the sleep deprived zombie that I was yesterday-the last place I needed to be was in a club. There is absolutely nothing to do, in a club, for hours on end (they had to reherse, do sound check, blah, blah, blah) when you are trying to keep yourself awake, but to eat and drink. At last count I had five Belvedere and diet 7-up, probably what amounted to a big ass BOWL of cashews, hot wings, and then at the end of the night I regained my senses and ate the toppings of 2 SL of pizza. Suprisingly I don't have a lot of water retention this morning. Last night I got the most exercise that I've had in six months. I must have danced for a couple of hours last night. And between the alcohol, the dancing and my hot boyfriend I really worked up a sweat !

Last edited by Sapphire2 : Thu, Dec-29-05 at 10:41.
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Dec-29-05, 21:11

Plan: atkins
Stats: 221/206.5/190 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Ok Sapphire, guess I'm next in line to confess my sins of the day!! I made it through the 14 days of induction and then today took a turn down carb heaven. Lets see for lunch I had a turkey sandwich with baked beans. Then went for a bowl of cereal. Oh yeah not to mention a tiny Snickers bar and a piece of carrot cake!! Ok, feelin' much better getting that out in the open!!

BUT, I did get 20 min. of cardio in today!!

Hopping to get back on track tomorrow.

Hope everyone is doing a little better than us.

Jenny
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Dec-29-05, 21:37

Plan: Low-Carb
Stats: 265/230/150 Female 64
BF:42
Progress: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylee
Ok Sapphire, guess I'm next in line to confess my sins of the day!! I made it through the 14 days of induction and then today took a turn down carb heaven. Lets see for lunch I had a turkey sandwich with baked beans. Then went for a bowl of cereal. Oh yeah not to mention a tiny Snickers bar and a piece of carrot cake!! Ok, feelin' much better getting that out in the open!!

BUT, I did get 20 min. of cardio in today!!

Hopping to get back on track tomorrow.

Hope everyone is doing a little better than us.

Jenny

Oh SKYLEE how I feel your pain sister !!!!!

Welcome WhoFlungPoo and gonwtwindo

Gonwtwindo, yes, you can be in two challenges. You can be in as many challenges as you can keep up with on a daily or weekly basis.

WhoFlungPoo , there arn't many rules here, except uh, get through a clean induction. As if I should be passing that advise along to anyone given my drunken escapade last night Anywho, just post your goals and check in as often as you like.

Last edited by Sapphire2 : Thu, Dec-29-05 at 21:49.
  #23   ^
Old Sat, Dec-31-05, 01:22
Registered Member

BF:

#24   ^
Old Sat, Dec-31-05, 06:28

Plan: atkins
Stats: 221/206.5/190 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Morning ladies.

Yesterday went much better for me. Got my butt back on track. Really the only carbs I had were from my veggies, feel so much better this morning.

Went to the gym and got my cardio in and then took the kids swimming.

Tonight, will probably be a different story though. I plan on eating well all day, but tonight we are going out to eat with a bunch of friends. We are going to my favorite Chinese place. I haven't been there in almost two years. Think I will allow myself to have my favorite dish there, as I know we will not be going there in ages again!!

Afterwards we are going out for some drinks and dancing. Guess I'll just have to do a little extra dancing to burn off some of those carbs!!

Hope everyone is doing well and has a great day.

Jenny
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Jan-02-06, 00:11
I will try...until.

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 288.5/207.5/110 Female 61'
BF:52/52/20
Progress: 45%

Happy '06 everyone! Let's start the new year right, eh?
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Jan-03-06, 16:11

Stats: 271/251/195 Male 5.10in
BF:
Progress: 26%

Ok I just RE-started induct today

CHEATING...Small 4oz coffee at the bank. caffeine

Carb bar breakfast...

Drank "Jäger-Bombs" ( Jägermeister And red bulls) all night and still feel like #*#!&%$

N-E-Way Im on the road...again!

Cya later. D
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Jan-04-06, 15:36
Registered Member

BF:

Hi girls,
how's everybody going? this challenge need a little stamina and move up, always on 2nd page!
my induction is still clean after 4 days, my water intake is great, exercise............mmmmmhhhhh working out at working out more.
my big problem right now is the unprocessed meat: I will be working out of town for one month or so and getting up very very early and come back home very very late..........find time to make my own luch is not that easy and I and up buy ready meat ............... i know it's not the best!
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Jan-24-06, 15:39

Stats: 204/192/160 Female 5feet 4inches
BF:
Progress: 27%
Default Would like to join!!!

Hello All,

I would LOVE to join in on this challenge. I am going to be in a wedding on May 27th ( same b-day as Akasha). I have been on atkins now for 2 weeks and have lost 14 lbs so far. I have already got my bridesmaid dress but they can alter it up to 2 sizes. I wish everyone the best of luck.