Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 11:28

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

"Rob, you hit and run and leaving us wanting more! (what a typical man!) "
Lissette, this is why I missed you

Bawdy, cool about the bowflex. Did you ever get the parts you NEEDED?? Did you send any kind of waranty card in? If so, they probably have you on a database.
I haven't gone back to the old PP book. Fitday tells me I still fall in the obese category . I may take measurments this weekend.

The chicken recipe is just:
start out sauteeing onion in some butter (I used about 2 thick slices of onion, chopped)
add some cut up apple and a little more butter as needed
add chicken(I used about 5 breast halfs) more butter if needed
season with salt and Brown Sugar Twin or Brown sweet n low or a little Splenda to taste
add cabbage,(I used about 4 cups chopped) continue to cook. You can cover the pan if you want to steam the cabbage down quickly. Just keep tossing until the breasts are browned, the apples smell yummy and you can't wait to eat anymore
Total butter was about 3 tablespoons but I was making a couple of servings for lunches, etc.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 11:30

Plan: Basic Lo Carb
Stats: 270/236/170 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 34%

Horrible news here..my brother who has been deployed in Irag since forever is well we don't know. We got a call this morning saying he was wounded status UNKOWN. HOW can they KNOW he is wounded but NOT know his #*%! status??????????? I just don't understand any of this.

Family is all here or on thier way here so first chance I've had to peek in here..some Sgt or something is on his way here too, hopefully with more news. Will try to keep you updated.

Not worrying much about diets or eating or carbs today. I'm lucky to just simply eat at this point.
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 11:42

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

OK, circle the wagons and let's get to praying / sending good vibes toward Meg's brother.
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 11:59

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

thinking good thoughts meg!!!
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 12:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/140/130 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%
Default Thursday

Good Grief! This place is busy today!
Meg, hoping for the best with your brother! Keep us posted!
I think maybe the whoosh fairy is somehow connected to the phases of the moon! I am also down 2 lbs today...that's 2 lbs lost from the 5 GAINED in the last few weeks. I am so tired of bouncing around with these same 5 lbs!!!!

Starting to warm up around here, so I guess I'll get out my walking shoes and pedometer and hit the......well.........hit somewhere !!!
Everybody have a good day!
Kat
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 12:11

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

whoosh fairy, whoosh fairy, don't be slow, be like Elvis and go man go!!!
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 12:18

Sending Prayers for Meg and her brother
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 12:27

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Meg, we're all pulling for you. Hang in there and keep us posted.

Elaine, yes, the parts I ordered for the Bowflex did arrive. They said to allow 6 to 8 weeks, but there were here in about 3. Can't say enough good things about that company. Because I bought it second-hand, I never sent in a warranty card (there wasn't one to send in). They had my name and address from the spare parts I ordered. Great company!

I thought that if you went back and recalculated, you would find that your lean body mass has increased, and your body fat has decreased, even though your overall weight hasn't changed much. We all know the scale is notorious for fibbing.

We all know, too, that the body mass index (BMI) is practically worthless (which is what the Fitday chart is based on). You calculate BMI based on weight and height. It doesn't care if you're all muscle or all fat, which is why Arnold Schwarzenneger, Tom Cruise, Picabo Street, and Mel Gibson are all in the obese category.

The PP calculations require some measuring and weighing, but they're much more accurate than the scale or measurements alone.

PS: The chicken sounds good!
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 13:03

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Meg - My prayers are with you. I don't if it helps or not but what status unknown means is that they know he is wounded but not the exent of his injuries...the reason is most likely because when they transported him all the information that is intially reported is name, unit and serial number. It takes awhile for the other information to become available. I will be praying for you and your family.

Michele - Yoga is not just stretching but builds strength as well. Give it a try! Congats on your loss

Kathy - WTG!!!

Elaine - That recipe sounds really good.

Shelly - I hope the whoosh fairy comes to visit you too....if I see her I will be sure to give her directions to your house
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 14:47

BF:

Meg, {{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}} and prayers.

Bawdy, thanks for the info, I will go back to PP book and check. Thanks Orang too!! (Still looks like fat to me. 'body mass'-French for blubber )
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 14:55

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

somebody posted somewhere on here about a website, mybodycomp.com or something like that. i used it and it uses a ton of measurements. i think i may calculate again this weekend and see if any changes are happening.

about the hot cereal thing. i have tried flax o meal vanilla almond. i found the only way i can eat it is by making as directed and adding 2 packets of splenda and a splash of cream. i also started addding about 1/4 cup of blueberries and that makes it pretty good. i used to eat the instant otmeal quite a bit in the winter and would like to find something a little more along those lines that is low carb. any ideas??
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 15:27

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Well, you can always try a couple tablespoons of ground flaxseeds in some water (maybe twice as much water) and a little salt. Nuke it for a minute, and then add some SF maple syrup or splenda, and some cream. It's pretty good, if you can get past the snotty texture.
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 15:49

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 450/348/225 Male 72 inches
BF:UGH!
Progress: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BawdyWench
Well, you can always try a couple tablespoons of ground flaxseeds in some water (maybe twice as much water) and a little salt. Nuke it for a minute, and then add some SF maple syrup or splenda, and some cream. It's pretty good, if you can get past the snotty texture.

Yummers!!!
Don't EVER complain about me putting nuked pepperoni in cottage cheese AGAIN!!

#29   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 16:09

Quote:
if you can get past the snotty texture.

sounds so yummy
  #30   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 17:06

BF:

Originally Posted by BawdyWench

Boy, I'd LOVE to read your tech journals

Just finished a 2 mile WATP. Bawdy, when would you measure to do the PP lean body mass-before breakfast? Before exercise?