Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-03, 05:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/160/126 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 19%

Isn't that bad for you to not eat until 2pm, being diabetic and all? I was under the impression that diabetics must have breakfast otherwise their bg can go too low?

Do you think your doc is trying to trick you so your bg is low and then he'll tell you how bad Atkins is for you etc?

It wouldn't suprise me with the health service as it is.

I don't have a set doc, I can choose which ever one I want from my surgery. I've been to see almost all of them and I don't relly like any. I don't trust any of them and they all seem like they can't wait to get me out of the room. It's pathetic!

My boyfriend has a fantastic doctor. She spends as much time as her patient needs, even when she's running 2hrs late. She really sorts out your prolems. Unfortunately her patient list is full and they won't let her take anymore on, so I have to stick with the rubbish ones!!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-03, 06:35

Plan: atkins/bernstein
Stats: 105/105/105 Female 63ins
BF:
Progress:

oddly enough kelly,the opposite will happen.when i don,t eat for a long time my liver will release glucose and send up bgs so by the time i get to the doc's bgs will be knowhere near as good as they usually are.he must know this will happen but he won,t change the appointment time. grrrrrrr.
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-03, 06:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 184/162/112 Female 5'5"
BF:31/26/19
Progress: 31%

Well perish the thought he should have to admit you're doing well, Christine... that way lies madness! He might have to start... lowering your meds... admitting you know what you're doing (quite possibly better than he does)... all manner of shocking acts could occur!
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-03, 07:07

BF:
Progress:

maybe hes miffed cos i don,t take meds.hes very anti atkins but i,m not bothered.my consultant at the hospital is great and hes the only one that has any say in how i treat my diabetes.the GP has to refer me if he thinks theres something wrong.i just had all my tests in may at the hospital and they were fine.its crazy!!!
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-03, 07:43
Yo-Yo

Plan: Lighter Life
Stats: 284/234/167 Female 5 foot 10 inchs
BF:yes very!!!
Progress: 43%

poke him in the eye and say that was from Lynda this guy has wound me up and I havent even met him!!
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-03, 08:15

BF:
Progress:

have you told your doc your doing atkins yet lynda.
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-03, 08:20
Yo-Yo

Plan: Lighter Life
Stats: 284/234/167 Female 5 foot 10 inchs
BF:yes very!!!
Progress: 43%

Do you know, now you come to mention it, no not yet I will when I make an appt to see her though.
My surgeon Mr Pollard at St Jame's in Leeds knows all about it and he thinks its a good thing and he works with people who are obese and a cheif dietcian, so I am sure together they will know more than my doctor, and if she wingies I will poke her in the eye as well lol!