Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Jan-02-02, 22:52

Plan: Atkins/PP
Stats: 282/248/147 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Gym 1/2

Hi Grrl! Stop by anytime! I'll hit your journal for a reply!

Pilates is a lot harder than it looks...ouch! Form is everything...45 min tape somethings were just too hard though and I need a better mat...it's on the list...Tae bo and a trial UBWO tomorrow!

Got a personal trainer lined up and hope it works out!

Got the flax and whey and the right yogurt and even found the Cod liver oil....this could be dangerous!

~B
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Jan-03-02, 16:56

BF:
Default Gym 1/3

Missed my am call...new alarm...pushed the wrong button and shut even my back up off!! Why was I so beat...cause I was up too late reading journals and trying to say hay to all these GREAT LC people...so many new peoples...so many veteran peoples...so little time!

Saturday is my first Trainer appt...I can't exercise know...cause the repairman is here...and who knows when he'll be done....I think I'll just entertain the kids with grammas new tae bo anyway...See if he can sit still for it! He'll probably be cracking his little baby self up!
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-02, 01:01

BF:
Default Gym 1/5

Pilates...empty stomach..as always now...audio ran out about 3/4 of the way through a really good workout and I realized i cannot read lips! Made the best of it and returned the DVD, they didn't have another right now...I'll try back later.

Trainer appt today also...got some good tips and directions for afew exercises I hadn't thought of...legs were definately shaking so they hit some sleepy muscles...Not the workout plan I was looking for though as she was giving me an all over to do everyday...no dear, I already explained I am doing a set plan, UB and LB sep days, cardio 3 days, blah, blah....I didn't need the nutrition speal either (you should aim for 3 fruits a day...low fat...no, no, no thanks...) cause I already know what I'm gonna eat! Thats good cause its 200.00 for a menu plan! Just because someone says they are "familiar" with BFL doesn't mean they know squat about it! She says $65.00 lighter and with more determination than EVER to make it work...I will use the trainers at my gym to check my form...I have at least 2 sessions I haven' t used. Form check and a starting plan was all I really wanted. I could have just plunged in....but I still felt a little clueless...Hey now, we all gotta start somewhere! So tomorrow is my 1st full bore planning day...shopping, cooking, planning the workout and picking up the bench and ball...and more fresh berries...It will happen!

~B
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-02, 09:29

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Form

Beth, if you'd like a good online resource for exercise and how to do them, check out this place . I use it every few weeks when I have to change my routine - you can hit on a muscle group and it takes you to a list of all the various exercises that will target that one and it breaks it down by method - barbells, dumbbells, machines, etc. There are little demonstrations of how every exercise should be performed and some hint and tips on form and how to dismount/mount.

Keep planning!

Nat
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-02, 19:29

BF:
Default Gym 1/6

Day off for planning...so far so good except still can't find a bench I'm happy with...either too big, not sturdy enough...doesn't fold etc...will be able to improvise for the first few weeks though...

Thank you NAT!! You always seem to have just the answer! So far everything else is in order...heading to the show for HB's last evening out (vaca over soon)

B
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Jan-07-02, 12:58

BF:
Default Gym 1/7

FIRST DAY ON BFL!

UBWO 60 min...shouldn't take that long but I'll get the hang of switching wts soon!

Chest- Dumbell Chest Press, DB Flyes
Shoulders- Seated Overhead DB Press
Back- Ball lift..Floor exercise, for weak backs
One arm Dumbell Rows
Triceps- One arm Tri-cep Kick Back
Biceps-Seated Bicep Curl
Standing Bicep Curl

I got to a 10 on one exercise..the others were 9's and a 7 on my first one...some more research and a bench for fridays lift would def help! Brushed and showered..a bit shaky and in need of the protein shake 1 hr later! This is HARD...but I know anything that gives the kind of result BFL shows has to be...I know it will be worth it! 2 lts water so far and new potassium supps should help.
~B
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-02, 23:47

BF:
Default 1/8 BFL day 2

20 minute MAS yada yada...I think I missed my last cycle...not sure my stopwatch has too many stations....but I pushed it big time anyway...9 easy maybe 9-1/2...

UBWO tomorrow am...here we go!

B
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-02, 00:39
Registered Member

Plan: dr.atkins
Stats: 132/122/100 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%
Talking

Beth your doing so awesome....keep up the hard work for the two of us while i'm gone....hugggggs
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-02, 13:32

BF:
Default GYM 1/9

Hi L! Miss ya and hope your back soon!

Had to postpone am till this eve due to waking up way "out of adj". Went straight to Chiro...hopefully later today will feel back in the swing! Or at least be able to turn my head!

Sheduled LBWO s/b 50-60 minutes

will post update ltr
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-02, 13:46

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Re: Gym 1/7

Quote:
Originally posted by bsayne
a bit shaky and in need of the protein shake 1 hr later! This is HARD...

Beth, try and get that protein in within 45 minutes of your workout - if you wait to long you run the risk of your body breaking down other muscles for protein to feed the ones you just worked to failure. Don't worry about hitting those 10s, it takes some practice to figure out just what you're doing - it actually gets easier once you've done the routine once or twice and know which muscles you should be working (once they've been sore for a few days you know where they are )

Nat
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Jan-10-02, 13:51

BF:
Default Gym 1/10

1/9***Hey thanks Nat I saw another post about that and have to remind myself 1 hr after MAS and w/in 45 min after wts...I'm hoping it will stick soon.

Last night I thought the whole universe was against me! I was looking forward to getting my 1st LBWO in and came home to a housefull in the way...so I started to pack for the gym...hungy and tired and couldn't find my planned work out sheet...or my books I looked everywhere 3x! Sat down and wanted to give up! I looked down and saw my stopwatch or rather just the cord it hangs from...the watch had fallen off somewhere! ARGH! So I took a deep breath...several in fact and printed another WO sheet, filled it out and as I was leaning over to shut the printer off I saw my book bag I saw peeking out from under the desk....I was so relieved! Get to the gym and its A's to A's lines for some machines...no wonder I like the early am...I waited and planned my course and lifted much more than I thought I could!

LBWO 60 minutes
shocked myself...on the max wt for legs...175...I am feeling it still and as the day wore on yesterday...more and more...this must be the good sore I hear so much about!
Abs too
1/10 cardio on empty stomach...used Tae Bo in rounds...25 min..legs too sore for jump rope plan for now!

B

Last edited by bsayne : Fri, Jan-11-02 at 16:09.
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-02, 15:51

BF:
Default GYM 1/11 BFL Day 5

UBWO 50 minutes empty stomach

Chest press 12 5
10 10
8 10
6 15
12 10
Flyes 12 10
DB Press 10
Seated 15
Standing 15
Ball Lift (no wt) 5 reps 12/10 x2 30x4
One arm kickback 5/10/15 DB extensions
Bicep curl 15/20/20
Need bench...making space this week end...need to research more on back exercises and put bar in place.
Good workout despite being cut a little short
  #28   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-02, 19:04
Registered Member

Plan: dr.atkins
Stats: 132/122/100 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%
Talking

Beth you sure are doing good girl.....keep up the hard work...
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-02, 09:55

BF:
Default GYM 1/12-1/14

1/12 20 MAS on empty stomach...me and a certain recline bike had a date for danger! Hit my number much better on the the bike rather than my walk.run with out the burning lung syndrome...followed by a headache which signals I just went to darn far with that one! Brushing and HOT shower came later after morning visitors left...boy did I chill down.

1/13 DAY OFF...no exercise today except vicious walking everywhere!

1/14 UBWO am empty stomach....pushing that tho...as I can't get to GYM till 9 may grab some almonds to push me through...then HOT TUB and sauna, brushing, shower and home for THE shake...working on the office today trying to make room for a bench or that cool CAGE I saw at play it again sports with the cables and everything...all depends on the room involved...not putting it in the garage too cold out there in the am...bad enough in the office!

TTFN!
UBWO went very well...used all machines this time...improvements were good...real push too...added inner thigh adductors and afew sets at the butt blaster...was already pooped tho so headed for the door...shakey and wiped...got that shake in right away it was much need and heading for #2 now

Last edited by bsayne : Mon, Jan-14-02 at 15:02.
  #30   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 11:35

BF:
Default Gym 1/15/02 BFL Day 9

20 MAS on empty stomach...recline bike at the gym...lucky me they open at 5 am!!
Abs on ab roller 2 sets of 12 reps...easin in to it! Will save ab boot camp for later in the challenge.

Rushed home, brushed, showered and had the most energy!

I didn't think I was gonna get to 10 today...hurting from LBWO pretty good but Wynonna gave me a hand and we just kept kicken' it up a few notches at a time...boy it felt great. My warm up speed was my high intensitiy previously, your body really responds quickly. I am up to level 7-9 for my high end and should far exceed those numbers in just a few weeks. I reached so deep that I had a hard time lifting my legs over the bike for a very graceful dismount , shakey, who me? OH YEA!

I have a little hard card that I have written the minutes and intensity level on that I use to keep myself on track...I think I'm gonna laminate and put it on a rope it really helps my focus....

My hamstrings and adductors are talking to me and pleading for some good stretches so I'm gonna oblige them...

Have a super day!

B