Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Jun-16-05, 15:30

Plan: trying to figure it out
Stats: 214/201.4/160 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 23%

checking in again, walked 2 miles with Dog an DS today.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Jun-16-05, 17:07

Plan: south beach/atkins
Stats: 149/147/133 Female 5ft2
BF:dont know/32%/25%
Progress: 13%

ok i need to set a goal,i pledge to work out 3 times a week. 30 mins a day.i have all the exercise equipment in my room. i have no excuse for not working out.i got home today and walked on my treadmill for 15 mins. did some stretches.
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Jun-16-05, 22:42

Plan: general lowcarb
Stats: 247/149/120 Female 5ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 77%

Hi all,
I'm checking in. I had a run in with some pizza today so I walked for 1 hr, and ten seconds on the treadmill, walked 3.17 miles, burned 125 fat calories and 402 regular calories. I feel like I'm going to throw up right now because I really pushed myself but I refuse to let all my hard work go down the drain because of a moment of weakness.I am sweating like a pig but at the same time it feels good. I'm just too tired right now to do the bowflex.
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Jun-17-05, 07:00

Plan: CAD (original version)
Stats: 154/153/135 Female 5'7"
BF:33%>30%>19%
Progress: 5%

'sweating like a pig' sometimes can be a good thing! Ah ha, when you're exercising- good for you!

Thursday I did an ABS/CORE workout but no cardio, I was just feeling too crampy. And I had a really bad eating day yesterday, all these period cravings. I told myself I was just going to let myself cheat a bit and not feel guilty. So yesterday was NOT GOOD!

Today I'm back on track. After work I'm going to do the 45 min CARDIO Sculpt Routine. Then going to see Batman Begins, it looks pretty good to me.

Have a great workout day ladies! Even if it's 5 or 10 minutes, YOU CAN DO IT!
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Jun-17-05, 21:22

BF:

Okay just checking in.. I walked on the treadmill for 1 hr and 8 seconds, walked 3.40 miles, burned 432 calories and 134 fat calories. I cant wait for this feeling of I am going to throw up go away. I am building my endurance up though because its getting easier for me to jog. I am so sick of this freakin weight and I just want it off!!!!I dont know if any of you guys do this but I talk to myself while working out...I'll say push it!! Dont quit!! Dont let this weight beat you!! It really helps to keep me motivated. I really need to start doing the bowflex but after I do that I am just pooped but maybe I'll force myself to just do a couple of reps because muscle keeps burning calories right?
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Jun-18-05, 06:13

BF:

Pete, you should always do the Strenght training first and after that the Cardio. It is way more important to strenghten your muscles than to sweat a little while doing Cardio. So go ahead and do the Bowflex first and finish of with 20 minutes steady pace Cardio. Just my 2 cents.
I myself are doing Strenghtraining on Tuesdays and Fridays and on the other days inbetween I am doing light cardio. You have to have at least 1 whole day of resting for your body to recoupe from the stress you're putting on it, and you should never train the same body part 2 days in a row. Hope this helps.
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Jun-18-05, 15:33

BF:

Thanks so much for that advice. Maybe today I will take a break from cardio, or do light cardio by taking the dogs for a walk, and do strength training tonight. I would love for my arms to get toned. I notice that when I actually do the bowflex and stick with it I get great results. I'm going to discipline myself better. Anyhoo thanks Miezimau for the advice again. Big Hugs-pete

-Okay I just wanted to report that I did twenty minutes on the bowflex. I think I'm taking a break from the treadmill today because my calves are pretty sore.

Last edited by petersn78 : Sat, Jun-18-05 at 19:51.
  #23   ^
Old Sat, Jun-18-05, 22:22
Wanna Be A Loser!

Plan: SouthBeach
Stats: 216.4/212/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Any thoughts about getting a stepper? I saw one the other day and thought about getting one.

I haven't read everyone's posts, I'll admit. So, if you all have mentioned this, I apologize.
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Jun-19-05, 12:22

BF:

Hi plumtired,
I honestly dont know much about steppers but I personally dont like them because they're hard on my knees but everybodies different. Let us know what you get. I just got done doing a little bit of a warm up on the bowflex and I'm off to use the treadmill.Will report how much I burn when I get done

Okay I did 20 minutes six seconds, walked 1.05 miles, burned 134 regular calories, and 41 fat calories. My legs are sore from those leg curl things. Man do you feel the burn in your calves!! I'm actually beginning to enjoy exercising but today I feel kinda lazy but forced myself to do a little. Well enjoy your fathers day everyone!

Last edited by petersn78 : Sun, Jun-19-05 at 12:53.
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Jun-21-05, 07:59

BF:

ok, yesterday I walked for 1.5 miles and waxed my truck for 30 minutes.
Today I did 45 minutes Full body routine lifting weights.
Hows everyone else doing exercise wise?

I found this right here, so there are no more excuses to NOT exercise!!!

If you keep skipping the exercise part of your schedule, this tip is for you: Trade your TV or computer time for exercise. If you spend an hour or more per day relaxing in front of either of these screens, that's an hour you could be improving your health and burning calories! So turn off that box, and get moving!
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Jun-21-05, 19:50

BF:

Hi everyone,
Just checking in. I just got done exercising.Its not much for right now but I'm going to try and fit some more in later. I walked on the treadmill for 20 minutes and 9 seconds, walked 1.03 miles, burned 131 regular calories, and 40 fat calories.
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Jun-22-05, 23:45

BF:

My fire for working out is starting to burn out!! I just feel so lazy. I even have my treadmill positioned right in front of the treadmill that way if one of my shows is on I can do it and get it done with for the day. Sometimes I'm tempted to set the alarm clock early but I know that I will just turn it off and go back to sleep. I noticed the one week that I was exercising like a mad woman I felt so great!! How do you all keep yourself motivated to work out? Or are there others that feel the same way i do. If so we need a kick in the butt Have a great day!
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Jun-23-05, 06:35

Plan: CAD (original version)
Stats: 154/153/135 Female 5'7"
BF:33%>30%>19%
Progress: 5%

It's hard to get and stay motivated for exercise.

Pete- I agree, with you, I want to get 'fired up' about it, but it's hard. I think that by keeping a journal and knowing how GREAT you feel when you exercise, that should help, right?

Start with realistic goals, then bump them up by 10% each week.
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Jun-23-05, 07:15

BF:

The KEY to enjoying exercise is that you have to find one that you like. Exercise should not feel like a chore.
I do like walking with my dog, so for cardio I walk my dog. Not fast, just casually. Weight training is something I have always loved, because I love the feeling of DOMS (Delayed onset muscle soreness). That really feels rewarding to me. Kinda like I have accomplished something big, and then when looking in the mirror and I can start seeing definition in my arms or legs really helps, too

SO my suggestion to you Pete, is find something you do like, and do it.
  #30   ^
Old Thu, Jun-23-05, 13:45

BF:

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I enjoy walking on my treadmill its just that I'm lazy I literally have to force myself to get on the treadmill. But once I actually do it and the endorphins kick in I love it. I should start thinking about that feeling and how when I exercise I definately notice inches coming off. I'm going to attemtpt to exercise tonight. I'll let you know how that goes.

Okay gals-I only did twenty minutes and 34 seconds, burning 127 regular calories and 39 fat calories. Its not much but its something

Last edited by petersn78 : Thu, Jun-23-05 at 22:20.