Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Jan-03-24, 14:33

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey all-

OMG Trig NO WAY on kid's car. That is insane. I had that happen to my Nissan Quest back in the day- they smashed the back end after I had left it there for service. That was waaayyy pre-pandemic though. So sorry for her!

How's Chop feeling?

Interesting about the burger for dog food. Overall Bella seems good but I wouldn't rule it out if she were having issues. Might be worth trying just to try.

Jaz your work set up sounds great. Love that for you, and that you have a space you love (your work space sounds awesome) and also a job you seem to really like as well. Those two pounds will come off no doubt.

I hope Ruger's tummy settles.

Lori- I bet your friend was excited to win some money! DS25 won over 700 dollars on a football bet a week ago and so he and DIL are going to take a quick trip somewhere on the winnings for her birthday.

Well I'm about to throw myself out the door to go to an appt for DD. My days have been packed- took my mom to an appt and out to breakfast this morning, then had to be here for a pest control appt, now DD's appt. BUT I am leaving at dinnertime to head to DE.

Our house is officially under construction. I will have TIME TO SPARE starting tomorrow for a full catch up. Until then, it's 3:33 - make a wish!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Jan-04-24, 05:47

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Quickie post for me- back after work. HOLD my spot. Today is a super busy work day. Tomorrow is catch up! - Back later today. All is well.
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Jan-04-24, 08:02

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Up prancing around the house at midnight(thanks Gabby). She went and hid, so I went back to bed. I figured she would come back to get me, but no. DH got up with her at 5 and I stayed in bed until after 7....sweet!

I may run some errands later....not sure. It is cold and windy today and I'd just as soon stay inside. I'll do my workout later and find something for DH for dinner and that will be my day. DH is back to work for a few hours this morning and I'm loving the peace and quiet. With the holidays and cold weather he's been around ALL the time. I'm glad to have him, but give me a break!

I'm having a bit of trouble wrapping my head around trying to lose weight. Scale is up do to muscle soreness and it's discouraging. I think daily weighing is starting to mess with me. I'm used to being able to drop a couple pounds of gain easily and it's just not happening right now. I also don't want to log my food or count anything. I've been spoiled in my maintenance and now my body is not responding as usual. Sigh.......sick of thinking about all of it. For now I'm just going to be mindful and keep carbs low and let the scale do what it's going to do.

Sorry....just in a whiny mood today.

Onward we go!
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Jan-04-24, 16:40

BF:

Promise to be back in tomorrow. I have bubble guts and just feel icky today.
Work was rough when ya don't feel good.

Bed early-

Tomorrow another day.

Put a roaster chicken in the IPOT- OMG it was good. Hope it stays gentle on my tummy. Sighhhhhhhhh- lost those 2 pounds in a very rough way. I will leave it at that. - Plain chicken with salt and broth. Ruger LOVED IT- hahahahah
I was fighting for my food!

HOLY SMOKES TRIG- I am not surprised though at the incompetence of these body shops. Totally sucks!

Lori- I feel your frustration of the scales and body not "bouncing" the way it should. You got this- Maybe some tweaking.

Nic- You make it to DE?!?!?!?!?

Till tomorrow ladies
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Jan-04-24, 18:47

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi y'all-

yup I'm in DE- got here last night. I've enjoyed a nice day - reading, grocery, cooking, music- just all around good.

Jaz sorry you are feeling icky. That is no fun! Hoping for a better tmrw for you.

Lori, hugs to you- you sound discouraged today. You can always consider doing a trial of changing how often you weigh and see what you think of it. No need to make it permanent and scary!

Trig - any update on DD's car?
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Jan-05-24, 07:12

BF:

Good Morning Ladies!

I slept! I feel better. I haven't eaten yet though either. It will be another light day in that area. I am switching up red meat to chicken and pork for this week. I just need a week to lighten it up before I go back to my steak! I will though. It works for me.

Nic- Glad you made it to DE! Sounds like you are enjoying your quiet time after all the hoopla of the holidays. Personally, I am glad we are in Jan. headed towards Spring!

Do you ever take winter beach walks? Are you still doing your book club?
How are the "kids" doing?

Lori- Did you sleep in today? Feels amazing doesn't it! I know you are in the cold zone right now! ICK. I am with ya on looking for some sun.
Do you ever put on a fire? So cozy that would be!

On the scale, I agree with Nic- I would just focus on the clean eating. We all know by now what we need to do. You do very well with it all for the most part. That being said, we live in the real world with activities and every now and again enjoy. If it were a daily thing that would pack on the pounds. Here and there at goal weight...... nah.....

Trig- - I am upset FOR your kiddo! I know how much she wanted her car back! Remember last year at this time I was in a rental because the TIRE STORE- backed a truck on my car and crushed the front end! I was there for a new tire. It so happens. I didn't like being in the rental either! I hear ya on wanting HER car back!

How is the Chop doing? Is he feeling better? How is MIL? Is she still in the hospital? HOW ARE YOU DOING?!?!?
-------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems weird that I have only been in this Cozy Cottage for a week now. One week ago, I moved in here! This weekend I plan to do nothing planned. I will sleep, eat, and putter as I need to. I am tired. I am ready to settle for a second!

I need to put in a solid 8 hours at work today. I have 3 reports due. They each take about 90 minutes. I will be ready for 5 pm today.

EATS: my fridge is full of Chicken, Pulled pork, Salmon, Pot roast, eggs. Plenty to pick from. I indulged and bought some "smoked pulled pork" from Costco. It is actually better than I make. You get 2 pounds for 9.99. DEAL! I like it because it is just smoked pork- no sauce. You add your own. Not slathered in carbs.
I am thinking about taking those Egg Life wraps and making pork roll ups! YUM

All set for today.
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Jan-05-24, 07:37

BF:

Good Morning!

Yes, I slept in until 7. DH got up with Gabby at 5. I woke up early this morning with my left knee just throbbing. Good grief. It's not bad now, but I must have been lying on it somehow....ouch!

Today I'll do laundry...bedding etc. and just putter around. I'll get a workout in at some point. Maybe a run to the grocery store. It will be nuts at the store since they are calling for snow tomorrow afternoon into Sunday. 3-6 inches, I think. Bah! Everyone will be stocking up on milk & bread!

DH is going to work this morning so I'll have a few hours to myself. We were thinking about going to our DD's tomorrow or Sunday, but the impending snow storm has changed that plan. Oh well.....I'll be content to stay in where it's safe & warm.

Have a good day!
  #23   ^
Old Sat, Jan-06-24, 08:04

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco, you had the parking lot car smash too LOL wild isn't it? ugh

enjoy DE!! sounds like everything is going in good form for you right now, keep it that way

Jazz, bubble guts, good grief woman! glad you are on the mend tho. time to eat more bland ya know, let the guts heal and you should be fine fast.

good Ruger loved his chicken. Bolt existed on chicken for like 10 years but I found he does so much better on beef. the chicken just doesn't 'all vits/mins and good fat' that chicken does. But hey chick and beef as his only carninvore meals would be great for him.

yea I remember your massive car trouble too LOL boy we all get it at some point.

car will be ready mon. for pickup

Lori, flurries coming your way....wowza
we were told ice this morning but nope, thank heavens, jsut big rain right now. hubby was like 'fill the bathtub' with water to flush cause ICE is coming and I was like, nope. you want it you do it HAHA Power outage always come with ice issues here. he has this control freak issue with bathtub water whenever the word ICE is in the forecast. ugh

hell I got a pool outside. I got plenty of water to flush with HAHA

I SO HEAR YOU loud and clear. it is almost impossible to 'go back' into diet mode and follow that type of life anymore. I can't do it either!!! do just what you said, you eat the way you know you should be and just move more if ya can thru this lousey winter. dont push yourself or you could flip out a bit....wait that isn't you right? that is me LOL If I push too much in 'diet stage' I swear I will say screw this sh** and backslide like a mf.....so yea I gotta watch me on this too.

you wrote what I think also. made me wake up a bit on how hard I wanna 'diet' anymore for sure.....good thoughts to put out there, I needed to read just that.

-----------big rain
ick day
kid sleep
dog sleep
hubby to work
me to do whatever, like vacuum
day will be kinda nothing. might binge watch something on tv.
just blah rain gray ick day here. not in the mood to do much.

got chuck roast to go into oven soon. yup gonna hound alot of that down.

ok over and out for now. be good all
  #24   ^
Old Sat, Jan-06-24, 08:10

BF:

Good Morning!

Quiet around here! I slept in until nearly 8 o'clock. I've been having trouble getting to sleep and then wake up at 2AM and lay there unable to sleep. It's driving me crazy. I took Melatonin last night, but that didn't seem to help at all. So it goes.

The scale is finally starting to trend in the right direction. I joined a weight loss challenge on MyFitnessPal that starts today, so I'm really trying to tighten things up. It is a 10 week challenge that wants you to lose 5% of your starting weight. That would be 8 lbs for me. I would be happy with that for sure! The 10 weeks will end just 10 days before DSis and I go on our cruise. Good timing since I know I'll be gaining 7-10 lbs in that week!

We're just sitting here waiting for the snow to start. 4-8 inches is the latest prediction. Too depressing for words. I'm not cooking for the next couple days as we have leftovers galore in the fridge. DH will just be having this and that. He's fine with it, as am I.

Have a good weekend!
  #25   ^
Old Sat, Jan-06-24, 09:27

BF:

It is 10:00 and I JUST ROLLED out of bed!
Record for me! I was EXHAUSTED.- I feel amazing now after 10 hours of sleep. I needed it.

Woke up to monster rain here and frekin cold. 40 degree rain! I will take it over your 8 inches of snow Lori!

Lori- I needed sleep so much last night I popped ONE Benadryl. 25 mg not the full 50mg does. It worked for me. But I was so sleep deprived anyway. Melatonin does nothing for me.

I bet your hubby goes out to "play" in the snow. Men say they are going to go "SHOVEL" something just so they can get out in it! That always made me laugh when I lived in Ohio and my "then husband" would say: Well time to go shovel- I would see him playing in the snow. He eventually did get the driveway clear. Then he would come in an complain how cold it was. INSERT eye roll!

I do My Fitness Pal - I just landed into a blog board. I wanted the tracker portion and can't find it. I guess I need to mess it it a bit more. I want the part where you put in what you ate and it tells you calories and carbs. I know it has that feature!

YAY on no cooking. I forgot you are taking a Spring Cruise! Where? What Cruise line? I am so over winter! Fun thing to plan for!

Trig- YAY on the getting kiddo car Monday. She goes back next week?

Yea I am thinking the "bubble guts" was some virus going around. There is a ton of that here. SC is the hot spot right now!

I know you are in the rain today! I am thinking pot roast or pulled pork tomorrow. Today is finishing up my chicken.
Glad hubby doing better. How is your MIL? Thinking about her. Hoping she gets on the mend soon.

Funny on the bath water to flush! Yea.... I don't think you and I have that to worry about! Why we live in the South! I haven't seen snow in almost 5/6 years now. I knew that I had to leave VA before the first flurry!!!!! NO THANKS

Nic- - You got the winter mix coming your way too! Time to hunker in! Sometimes I love those days. Stay in days.

What is on your agenda this weekend? Nesting? You make a big pot of chili and watch football?????
--------------------------------------------------------------------

It is now 10:30 and I am on my 2nd cup of coffee. I so have on my flannel pj bottoms. Going nowhere today. I do wish though I have the forethought to have picked up some "granny" logs for the fireplace. MEH- I need to putter anyway and not babysit a fireplace. I also need to get a fireplace set. Been a minute since I needed one of those.

Putter day here. Staying 100% on track today. I am also think a Spring "get away". I might browse and see what I can find!

Later Gators-

From rainy SC
  #26   ^
Old Sat, Jan-06-24, 10:50

BF:

Jaz.....MyFitnessPal....on my Chromebook, the food diary is just called Food. On the phone, it is called My Diary or something like that. I've been logging food on Carb Manager and just using MFP for the Community.

Trig...Hope you don't get ice that takes out your electricity. No good.
Nic....Are you getting ice in DE?

---------

I'll be glad when it snows and DH can go out and play in it. He's driving me crazy. Asked me what the date is today and I told him and then he's doubting that I'm right. Now he's calling people and he talks so loudly on the phone I could scream. Thank God for my Bose headphone to blunt it a bit. Between the TV volume and him on the phone.....Good Grief!
  #27   ^
Old Sun, Jan-07-24, 05:33

BF:

Good Morning!

Gabby was ready to get up at 5AM, so an early start to my day. She had breakfast and wanted to go outside and investigate the snow from last night. We only got a bit over 4 inches and then some rain. A mess! DH will be going to the Rec Authority this morning to do a bit of plowing, so I'll have some peace & quiet! I haven't been out of the house for a few days and won't be venturing anywhere today either. I'm happily in hibernation mode! I'll probably get out tomorrow and go to the grocery store and meat market.

I slept a bit better last night, though it did take me a bit to get to sleep. I took an AdvilPM, but it didn't seem to help me drift off quickly as I'd hoped. At least I didn't lay awake for hours in the middle of the night!

No plans for today other than my PB workout and a hot shower. We're still working thru leftovers in the fridge, so I'll just warm something up for DH for dinner.

Have a good Sunday!
  #28   ^
Old Sun, Jan-07-24, 07:33

BF:

Sunday Morning!

I still wonder who all those "lurkers" are..... at 910 and counting. I know our lives are SOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITING!

Lori- Urghhhhh 4 inches of snow? Yea..... your hubby off to "play" in the snow.
Have you tried Pilates? I am thinking of doing a beginners version of that. I was reading this article about this lady 60 years old that does weight training (light) and Pilates and she looks fabulous. I know I need to begin SOMETHING!

Still eating your way through leftover?!?!?!?!- wow. If I don't eat something within 2 days, it gets pitched. I am squeamish with "old" food.

I would be nesting in that weather too!!!!!!
Tell me about your cruise! I have forgotten already! LOL

Trig- I see you escaped the ice up there! Just cool now and sunny!
What are you and the kiddo doing this week? You have the flu up there as bad as it is here?
I am not a masking type of person but it is crossing my mind these days when I go to the store.

Nic- Hey there lady of leisure! Reading any good books lately? You going to put on a pot of soup and watch the game today?
-------------------------------------------------------------------

That shiny orb in the sky is presenting itself today it its full glory! Cool out but still enough for me to think with a heavy jacket a walk might be in order. Super wet still here. Mud/grass. My pup loves the mud, so I won't be taking him unless I go the paved route.

I made so super headway on organizing my bedroom and office. But still have maybe one more day on it to make it the way I need it.

Got a pot roast to slap in my IPOT today. I love using the IPOT. SO easy to use and clean up. It leaves meat so fork tender. You just can't get that in an oven.

Well I have drained my coffee cup..............

Have a good one!
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Jan-08-24, 06:17

BF:

Good Monday Morning-

Full week- no more holidays! Back to the grind. Well..... Last poster and first poster! Double duty here! LOLOL

Got my last box unpacked and everything now has a place! I feel so much better about it all. Clutter gets to me! I don't mind a bit of dust here and there; clutter drives me batty. I like open spaces.

I was strongly asked to help a co-worker do a visit today. She had an emergency and can't make it so I was asked to step in. The appointment is 1.5 hr each way drive! That will be my day. Oh well I will get caught up tomorrow, on MY work! LOL At least it will be a nice travel day. Got big rains slated for tomorrow!

I got a picture from my friend up in Mass. Talk about SNOW dump! WOW! No thanks. I loved her picture. PICTURE!

I have nothing else huge shaking right now. Just trying to get my work done, and have energy after work! Work life balance is a real thing. I just don't feel 30 anymore! LOL or 50 for that matter. I am pushing 58 next week and feel every bit of it.

Speaking of age.......I was thinking how cool it would be to celebrate my 60th (2 years) In Italy. I'm serious. If I started to plan something now it could be doable. I know money goes a bit further there. I have never been out of the country. It is on my bucket list. Just something I am kicking around. My biggest obstacle is me. I am not a fan of flying. Flying over an ocean is scary with a big SCARY to me. I know once I would get there it would be fine. It is the "getting there". Anyway...... Something I am truly thinking about.
I would be about to save enough to go- and I would take 2 weeks off. I would have someone stay here with Ruger. So..... Been thinking about it all.

Time to look at that "bucket list"- while still "young and able". LOLOLOL

EATS: My pot roast was ....LOLOL a hockey puck yesterday. I had to go to plan B. Luckey I had a beautiful piece of Salmon. I like my salmon just cooked. Juicy and slightly pink. Fish has that find line too over being over cooked. Thankfully I nailed it with the fish!

Well time to finish off this coffee and jump in the shower. I need to be on the road in an hour! It will be a pretty drive- all country. It is in the middle of NOWHERE SC. - countryside drive!

Have a good one.
  #30   ^
Old Mon, Jan-08-24, 07:01

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, darn ya got 4 in. and we know PA the winter is only gonna get tougher hang in there.

Without your Bose headphones I don't think you could survive your home HAHA Love reading you need those to combat your DH times LOL

winter time and new routines to adjust and we freeze and only want to slug out under blankets in the recliner you know when seasons flip I feel like everything has to reset for me. Down here we rarely have spring, it is like we vault fast into high heat and darn, we never have a real fall, we hold that higher heat til BAM it drops to the 30s in one night telling us here that any summer/fall is way over. at least up North I felt we had like a real 4 season life. down here I got a 2 season life kinda. oh well I am rambling lol

Jazz, glad your home is settling in so fine for ya.
yea take time to relax and just 'do the work grind' a bit, find some good new routine and chill out.

Italy...darn go for it but you sound like me. I flew a few times and hated every time on that plan LOL but darn if that wouldn't be a fab bucketlist trip for you!!

hockey puck roast...huh...how ya do that? ugh

Hey Nicco....what's doing in DE?

-------------temp dropped big again. 22 this morning. come on, what southern crap is that right? I die in the low 50s....this 20s is making me bonkers, lol. I go out to the freezer in the garage in shorts and a T barefoot of course and by the time I get back in I am a popsicle....yea I have like no winter clothes but time to break out the darn thicker sweat pants for survival here. time to search out the fluffy ol' robe in my closet now too....brrrr

hubby wears like 3-4 layers outside. I am in shorts and T....too funny. he says lets go into the camper to chat cause we are gonna get new recliners and change up some placement inside it for better travel since kiddo is basically not in these trips anymore....I go out barefoot, shorts/T and am like damn BRRR and like 15 mins later, come on ya know, he comes out in 3 layers of clothes. I said lets hurry this up I am cold and he is like, well hell dress for it then! I am like, hell no, I don't wear winter clothes, I just struggle thru til the weather suits my summer stuff again LOL I must be nuts in some ways. but then he dumps all those clothes on the hamper pile. come on, I put them back into the closet cause I ain't washing that stuff he wore for a darn 30 mins. With him working this job outside mostly for the car place I end up with like 3 layers each day of stuff he wears and omg the pile gets big real fast. I gotta find a way to get rid of the hubby HAHAHA nah, I will keep him. I just gotta move his butt way further South so he doesnt require all the darn clothes to stay warm yea that is a plan.

omgosh I am rambling off

ok sirloin steak today with pork chops later.
not as big of a fan of the taste of sirloin steak anymore. hmnm. will eat it, on good sale

over and out and be good all