Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Mar-17-04, 13:06
Italian Goddess

Plan: atkins
Stats: 255/199/150 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 53%

did a 60 minute body conditioning class, man am I sore!!! it kicked ass baby!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Mar-18-04, 14:22
Italian Goddess

BF:

my entire body is in pain, hurt to even sit on the throne, man oh man. no pain no gain right!
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Mar-25-04, 05:49
Italian Goddess

BF:

still working out 5 mornings a week, doing a muscle conditioning class once a week, wish I could go more! I could do that class at night but it would be the day after I take the wednesday one and I don't think I should work the same muscles 2 days in a row.
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-04, 09:34
Italian Goddess

BF:

did 6 mornings! actually went this sunday morning! FABULOUS!
  #20   ^
Old Thu, May-06-04, 09:46
Italian Goddess

BF:

I've only missed 1 day at the gym in almost 4 months. I do interval training on the treadmill, run for two minutes, then walk on incline for 2 minutes for a 30 minute session. Sweat my butt off I'll tell you. Then I do the nautilus circuit. My body is definetely changing. I've lost 10.75 inches in April, wish I had been having my measurements taken all along. I hope I'm beach worthy by the end of June!
  #21   ^
Old Wed, May-12-04, 11:49

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%

1 day in 4 months? That's great Krista!

With dedication like that I am SURE you will be ready by June.

Take care,
Dan

... yes, I am watching ... LOL ...
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Aug-06-04, 20:13
Italian Goddess

BF:

my training routine goes like this:

upper and lower body weight training on alternate days , 30 minutes of cardio on upper body day, 20 min cardio on lower body days. I use the elliptical machine for cardio. I work abs everyday. I started out using nautilus and felt that I was getting stale, so I now use free weights, smith machine and putting time in on the bench. I got a lot of good advice from Trainer Dan and Built, thanks !

I workout 5 days a week
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Aug-16-04, 18:37
Italian Goddess

BF:

I'm totally addicted to the gym. I go 5-7 days a week. I go at 5am on the weekdays and even now at 8:30pm my belly is tingling with excitement to pump iron in the morning! laughs, how retarded am I? I can't believe I can feel and look this way at almost 40. This crap really works!
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 20:12

Stats: 214/193/? Male 6'
BF:15/10/...
Progress: 106%

hi krista...

just a comment about your working out...i see youve been at it for 8 months. same here. and your attitude written here seems to be very infectious. any body reading your comments can feel how much you enjoy it. youre very committed. and i concur in the feeling.

way to go!

thanks for the journal visit.

joe
  #25   ^
Old Sat, Oct-09-04, 20:12
Registered Member

Plan: Metabolic Surge
Stats: 170/139/? Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~krista~
I can't believe I can feel and look this way at almost 40. This crap really works!

My word yes, yes it does.

And you find yourself looking forward to getting OLDER - personally, I can't WAIT to see what I look like at 50!

Glad you're enjoying the whole experience as much as I do.
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Oct-12-04, 09:32
Italian Goddess

BF:

today I started my free standing squats, put 50lbs on the bar and holy shit. Squeaked out 4 lol. I did 5 sets. I hit a personal high on the straight legg press of 165lbs, hooray! I went back and forth between the two leg nautilus machnes, did 100lbs on leg extension and 100lbs on the leg curl, I was feeling like superwoman this morning for some unknown reason. I did lunges holding 15lb dumbbells. Did between 4-5 sets of all the lower body exercises. Did 100 crunches on the ball. finished up with 20 min on treadmill, interval, run and walk uphill. Can't wait to see how I feel tomorrow, or maybe even tonight, grins. I had my big cheat meal that I've planned for an entire year on sunday night, had a huge plate of fried clams and onion rings, man was it ever good and I didnt even feel one bit guilty. I think I ate more than my old man! Maybe the extra carbs gave me the superwoman strength. I'm going to start my carb cycling on monday after weigh-in and I'll post results. I'm thinking I'm not eating enough for my physical activities, who knows. But I'll track my progress.
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Oct-12-04, 09:48
Registered Member

Plan: n/a
Stats: /235/235 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~krista~
today I started my free standing squats, put 50lbs on the bar and holy shit. Squeaked out 4 lol. I did 5 sets. I hit a personal high on the straight legg press of 165lbs, hooray!

That a girl. Did you get nice and deep?

Quote:
Did between 4-5 sets of all the lower body exercises.

I'm counting 5 exercises, which means you did between 20 and 25 sets for legs. This is too much volume, particularly when some of it is spent in the heavy rep ranges (5 and under for example).

Squat
Leg Press
Leg Extensions
Leg Curls
Lunges

Is this correct?

If so, I would switch up some of the exercises and order like this

Squat (heavy)
Lunge (moderate)
Stiff legged Deads (heavy)
Leg Curls (moderate)
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Oct-12-04, 09:54
Brown-Eyed Girl

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/153/155 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 102%

I'm going to have to read through this place. Looks like you've taken good care of yourself. How did you start the gym log anyway? Hopefully after today, I'll be able to start keeping track myself. Goal for Self: To become 1/2 as addicted to the gym as Krista is.
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Oct-12-04, 10:39
Italian Goddess

BF:

thunder, I don't know where to reply to you, so I'll just hope you peek back in here. Yes, those are the exercises I did, so you think it's too much? and I should do the stiff legged deads for hams instead of the curls huh? You didn't mention reps/sets so I'm assuming that I did the right amount for what I'm trying to accomplish. If not, give me a holler. Thanks for checking up on me.

I did the squats deep and wide, it was a struggle but I maintained form even though I could only do 4 in a set. This butt ain't got noplace else to go but up! (no pun intended there)
  #30   ^
Old Tue, Oct-12-04, 10:45
Italian Goddess

BF:

dear god, if my husband looks at my journal and see's the fabulous thunder bod, what's he going to do? **gasp**

lol