Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#16   ^
Old Tue, May-01-07, 09:15

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 275/235/175 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 40%

Graduation Day is Saturday, May 5th. Thanks ladies! I'm really excited about walking and hearing my name in front of my family. The weather is suppose to be nice so I won't have to worry about my hair being a mess when its over. My new man and I are going to have a few friends over to the house for a nice barbecue after graduation. I could have went out to to eat but I didn't want that. I wanted everyone to come together and just enjoy the day and take a ton of pictures. The kids and roam and run as much as they want and they adults can sit back and relax. I'm doing good with my weight but honestly ladies I haven't been on the scale so either I"m losing a ton of inches or life is making me lose a few pounds. I love to walk but when my boyfriend and i walk together it makes me forget that its exercise becuase i love spending time with him. We walk all over and just talk and don't realize until we get home that we've been walking and talking for hours. Love is a good feeling and something that's been missing in my life since my divorce. Now I'm on top of the world and I refuse to come down. I'm to stop lurking and come around more once classes end and work slows down a bit. Until you ladies take care.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, May-01-07, 19:34
Go Seminoles......

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'5
BF:baby phat
Progress: 16%

Hey ladies,
Question: what do you all eat for breakfast?
  #18   ^
Old Sun, May-06-07, 21:01
Go Seminoles......

Well I guess no one eats breakfast!
  #19   ^
Old Tue, May-08-07, 19:47
Go Seminoles......

Walked 5 miles today
  #20   ^
Old Wed, May-09-07, 07:20

Stats: 205/198/150 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 13%

Greetings Nole1984 and all others.

Just discovered the thread. I started induction again on 7 May 07. Been clean for three days. I have not started an exercise plan but I'm sure after being here, I will be encouraged to start. I tried a friends HipHop Abs and truly enjoyed it. When I get that program I will start a regular exercise plan. I did Billy Blanks for several months and injured my shoulder, so DR stated I need to let it go for awhile. Its feeling better so I'm prepared to get moving now.

Hoping for some motivation, sista style

Have a Great Day Everyone
  #21   ^
Old Wed, May-09-07, 13:06

Stats: 250/230/150 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Sad and Disgusted!!!!!!!!!!!!! but yet Encouraged!!!!!!

Hey All,

I'm back! and yes I'm still FAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess I had just gotten sooooo tired of worrying about my weight so I took a break. Well the fat didn't take a break. It kept coming and coming and coming, so now I am back to where I started from. The weather is hot and I am even hotter because of all of this weight. I have been contemplating starting over again, but I just could not bring myself to leaving all the icecream and chocolate behind. Well today, I have decided that I will start this thing and give it my all. I promise to myself and to my friends that I will not cheat. I will start by vowing to go a total of 30 days cheat free!

Is anyone up for the challenge? I have to loose this weight. I read somewhere that the more times you start and stop, and start and stop, the harder it is to lose. Well this is my last start. I refuse to yo-yo again. I owe this to myself and my family to be healthy. It doesn't make sense to continue making excuses. I am so ready for this, I have to do it this time. I must do it this time. Wish me well all!
Cys
  #22   ^
Old Wed, May-09-07, 15:20

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 290/163/160 Female 5ft. 9in.
BF:I'm shedding it!
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nole1984
Hey ladies,
Question: what do you all eat for breakfast?

Hi Bev, posters and lurkers

I'm sorry I haven't been around much lately. I eat breakfast everyday. Here are some of the things I eat.

1) Chicken & Spinach Omelettes
2) Turkey Bacon & Eggs (sometimes boiled, sometimes scrambled)
3) Breakfast Burrito (made with a low carb tortilla)
4) Grilled Turkey & Cheese (made with low carb bread)
5) Turkey Bacon & 1/2 Grapefruit
6) Turkey Kielbasa wrapped in a low carb tortilla
7) Turkey Bacon & Strawberries/cottage cheese/splenda
8) Leftover dinner
9) Turkey Bacon & All Bran Extra Fiber w/carb countdown
10) Turkey Bacon & Sweet Freedom LC yogurt
11) Pecans & 1/2 apple
12) Boiled Eggs

Some of these items aren't induction friendly.
  #23   ^
Old Wed, May-09-07, 17:02
Go Seminoles......

Hey Betsy, you know we all would love to have the opportunity to have your wisdom and support and thanks for the breakfast ideas! Sorry about your shoulder! I have been thinking about that Hip hop abs as it appears to be fun and challenging! But I have spent too much money on exercise DVD's and haved vowed to stop with my latest being the new Slim in Six and the walk slim by leslie Sansone.
Cys- so happy to hear from you and yes maam I am up for the challenge so bring it on! I am preparing for a reunion of the Frat that I was lil sis too and some of these folks I haven't seen since college and it is also a special time to spend wth 2 of my 3 best friends and I surely don't want to be the fattest
  #24   ^
Old Thu, May-10-07, 07:27

Stats: 250/230/150 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

Nole- Thanks for deciding to join the challenge. I am off to a good start. I am sooo happy that someone asked Betsy to post what she has for breakfast. I was wondering about breakfast ideas. I know that some of the things are off limits for me because I am back on induction. But they are wonderful ideas for me when I get off induction. This morning I ate steak and eggs, no cheese. I am going to try to limit or exclude cheese for as long as I can. I tend to usually go overboard with the cheese and nuts.

Cys
  #25   ^
Old Thu, May-10-07, 10:03

BF:

Hello everyone,

Hip hop abs is a good workout. I've tried it several times. Its the type of workout that is fun and challenging but with out the feeling of defeat because you can to the moves. I would suggest it to anyone that interested, and yes I have every workout tape know to man. (smile)

I'll have to try some of the breakfast ideas when I get out of induction. I really like the apple and pecans. I am a nut lover and that would be quick and easy for me. I'm not a morning person so cooking is out for me.

I am finally back after numerous tries. In 2003 I lost 57 lbs only to gain it all back. I am back on track and determined to get rid of the ton(age). I joined the May 7th challenge Monday. Its never to late. We all support each other. We can all do this.

Have a Great Day
  #26   ^
Old Thu, May-10-07, 16:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by free4good
Hello everyone,

I'm not a morning person so cooking is out for me.

Hey free4good, sometimes I cook my breakfast the night before, so all I have to do is zap it in the microwave in the morning.
  #27   ^
Old Thu, May-10-07, 17:25
Every day is day one

Plan: AtkinsMaintenance/IF
Stats: 185/145/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 133%

Quote:
Graduation, Love , Exercise and Weightloss, what more could we ask for!

...a new puppy!!!!

I adopted a new puppy about 3 weeks ago. A almost 5 month black pug named Ollie. I'm trying to raise him by the philosophy of the Dog Whisperer which means a minimum of 3 walks daily--morning, noon, and evening. although my weight has stayed the same, over the past 3 1/2 weeks I swear at least an inch has come off my waist! Amazing what a little extra activity will do for ya!!

Misstish--congrats on your graduation and being in looooooove

Cys--don't dispair. It is too bad that even when we take a holiday from WOE the fat does not.

Betsy--I have to say, I am not a breakfast eater--a shake and coffee is about all I can muster if it's before 10.

I posted this in the MOMD thread--some musings and ramblings from this morning:

Quote:
I am trying a new pattern of eating--90/10. Once a week I've been going out to dinner or lunch--not a full blown carb orgy but a little more at this meal than usual, then right back on. It seems to be keeping on track for the rest of the week, so we'll see. I tried the "FATKINS" a bit back for about 2 weeks--lowering my protein and upping my fat--it didn't work for me A) even though the fat was higher I was hungry (which we all know is no good) and B) I gained--really not good. So I'm back to just tracking my carbs--generally 35-40 net and keeping my calories around 1800. If that's what I need to maintain than so be it. I thought about trying to lose 10 more, but after long consideration I've decided that I'm perfectly OK. Sure I may not be as slim as some would think I should be, but I'm healthy and feel good--plus at 47 it would be unrealistic for me to try and look like a 20 year old. Maybe I have finally come to a cease fire with my body and body image--wouldn't that be something???!!

Ollie!!

Hey!!!! Look at all that low carb food!!!! Where's the Beer and Slim JIms???!!!

Everybody stay the course!!!!

Lisa
  #28   ^
Old Thu, May-10-07, 21:51

Quote:
Sorry about your shoulder!

My shoulders are fine That was free4good with the shoulder injury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by free4good
I did Billy Blanks for several months and injured my shoulder, so DR stated I need to let it go for awhile. Its feeling better so I'm prepared to get moving now.

Oh Lisa, Ollie is so cute.
  #29   ^
Old Thu, May-10-07, 23:05

BF:

Hello Ladies

Betsy StL

First I must say. I wanna be just like you. I just noticed you stats. That is an awesome accomplishment. Congrats.

You know, I have a co-worker who tries to get me to do the same thing you mentioned. Prepare the food the night before. Honestly, I'm afraid that I won't like it. I'm not a big left over person. But now, I will give it a try. Maybe over the weekend so if I don't like the taste of it, I can have something else available.

Thanks Nole1984
Its taken awhile but I'm almost back to normal.

cys
I'm right there with you. We can do it. Don't worry.

cnmLisa
I like your thoughts and observations. As long as we feel good about ourselves thats all that matters.
  #30   ^
Old Fri, May-11-07, 16:06
Go Seminoles......

Cute puppy Lisa, and so glad to have the Old School ( not talking bout age , cause I aint scared to say I'm 21 okay 21 +26
ooh my god, maybe I should be scared )
But the folks like Lisa and Betsy are a great source of Information and Support
Newbies these ladies are the bomb and Ms. Lisa don't play!

Okay gotta run and finish packing for my trip to Orlando tonight

Feel: I'm glad your shoulder is better
Closed Thread