Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Dec-31-05, 01:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 271/269/154 Female 5 feet, 6 inches
BF:43.7/..../24.9
Progress: 2%

Of course -- c'mon in. There's a few folks continuing from the Christmas challenge, but mainly we're here because we need a commitment to get to where we're going. Welcome Megz, Welcome Akasha. If you make 10, see how far you get. The early weeks were really easy for me -- as I get closer to goal, it seems to slow down a little. Normal, I understand. I didn't gain it overnight, either.

I've gotten a respiratory infection. Work two jobs and get sick -- my idea of fun...not. But I did get antibiotics right away, so hopefully it won't drag along forever.
Gail
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Dec-31-05, 03:31
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

I'd like to join in too. I don't even know what I weigh. I was pretty free and easy the last month. But I'll weigh on Sunday.

I feel like I fit right in with this group. I had PSVT, usually about 180bpm. It started out of the blue one day and would happen 5x/day for an hour. They said I had an extra pathway and was put on bb, that was when I began gaining weight like crazy. When I stopped eating so much sugar and caffeine it was less frequent, when I got on thyroid medication it went away. One day I realized I wasn't having them anymore.

Bankermom and AZDweller I hope everything works for the best for you and your husband. Those heartrate problems were one of the most uncomfortable things I ever went through. I HOPE they don't come back!
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Dec-31-05, 04:20

Stats: 178/135/140 Female 5ft 9in
BF:
Progress: 113%

Good Morning Everyone,

Welcome to all the new posters, some of us never made the 10lbs over December, but we became friends and it kept us forcus, even when we stumbled, their were friends holding us up. I like it.
I don't think I would be doing this so easy if I did not come to this forum.

I am doing better today than yesterday. We are going to a friends house today. Last year today, my husband's best friend Died. So today we are going to his home to be with his wife and children and other close friends, we are going to celebrate his life and making it through this difficult year.
It's is bitter sweet, but it also shows that with the strength of good friends and family a person can get through anything. We love and Miss our Friend Joe every day. He was a wonderful person, husband,father and friend.
Dawn his wife is more than a friend she is my sister. Their children are my children.
To cope I will take a wonderful salad, filled with all the things I can eat. So when everybody is having party food I will have salad. If I don't I will cheat today.
Thank you for reading my post.
I hope all is well with everyone. Stay strong.
Happy New Year 2006.
Warmest and Best Regards,
Joy
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Dec-31-05, 22:29

Joy,
We'll all be thinking about your family(ies) this weekend. Remember the good times, and don't beat yourself up if you slip. Emotional times are the worst times to eat well. Be there for them.
Nawchem, welcome to the thread.
Gail
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Jan-01-06, 05:30

BF:

Hi Everyone,

Well we are all here 2006 and our way of eating is so much better.

Thank you Gail for your kind words.Your words touched my heart. You girls have truly become part of my backbone, my strenght and my inspration. I could not do this with-out you. Thank you so much.
I took a full salad filled with LC stuff. So that is what I ate, I am so happy I did that. Despite the fact that there was so many goodies on the table, my LC salad was a great hit. It was the first dish to go, it shows that people will naturally eat LC if presented with it.

My TOM is coming to an end, I am feeling so much better this morning, no more cramps. So I jumped on the scale this morning.
Still at 147lbs no weight loss but no weight gain either, I am the same preTOM weight. I know it will be difficult to lose the 10lbs. But I made it through Christmas and New Year Eve and I have not gained any weight. Last night all my friends were planing their New Year diets while they ate large pieces of cakes and puddings etc. Last year I would have been the same and would have gained at least 10lbs or so over the holiday. Not this year thanks to LC and this forum.

My Friend and her children did well, we shared our love for Joe and each other. It was a wonderful way to bring in the New Year. It would have been what Joe would have wanted for us all.

I hope all is well with everyone. Today will be low key for me and my family. Board games and LC food stuff. Some cookies for the children.

Happy new year everyone.
Warmest Regards and Thank you again.
Joy
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Jan-01-06, 10:55

Stats: 145/135/125 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 50%

Welcome, Nawchem! Glad to have you and glad your PSVT is under control - definitely sounds like your thyroid was to blame. That is great it has been taken care of! Getting off the beta blocker (Toprol XL) will be the most exciting part of having this procedure done. I hope it helps with my focus and metabolism to get off of it. Although, I have to say, Toprol has been a godsend so far in terms of helping keep this issue under control most of the time. It will just be so cool if this procedure cures the problem and I no longer have to depend on meds (which still only work 'most' of the time).

I cheated BIG time last night for our New Year's celebration, but the best acheivement by far has been that yesterday and today I am at 139, which I hit just before Christmas - so at least I maintained through the holidays. Normally, I put on 5 to 10 lbs! Even yesterday, only dinner was a cheat and today I'm back on clean LC way of life. Pre LC, I would have let one cheat send me into a landslide of weeks of cheating before I set a date to get back on track. Now, I'm living more meal to meal, really minute by minute. Not letting 3 cheat meals (Thanksgiving, a meal at the hospital when my daughter was there, and last night) stop me altogether.

Sorry you guys have to listen to me give myself a pep talk, LOL!
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Jan-01-06, 10:57

BF:

Oh Joy, you did great! Truly an emotional evening you all must have had. ((((((((((big hugs)))))))))))) I am so proud of you!!!

Hooray to 2006 and making all our dreams...REALITY!
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Jan-01-06, 10:58

BF:

Nawchem, Can you change your avatar??? JUST KIDDING I'm a CHIEFS fan (yes, a glutten for punishment).
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Jan-01-06, 11:00

BF:

Gail, only THREE days until your husband sees the cardiologist. Thank God. I will be praying for him that he is treated well and they can help him QUICKLY. He (and you!) must be so stressed. ((((((((((Big HUGS))))))))))
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Jan-02-06, 05:16

BF:

Good Morning Everyone,

Hi Banker Mom,

Thank you for the kind words and the hugs, I want to send them back for you.
I pray for you and Gail's husband everyday. I am so glad to see you posting.
You have such a sweet face.
Hope you have a great day.

Hi Gail,
Hope all is well with you and your Husband. Just a few more days to go until you know what you are dealing with. Hope your new Doctor is helpful. Thinking of you and your family.

Well girls, yesterday I just spend most of my day in bed, so much for a workout. No my asthma just acted up and my TOM was back, so I felt rotten the entire day. Last night was difficult also. I am hoping for a better day today.

Well that is all from me. I hope all is well with everyone.
Keep eating well, posting and reading.
Warmest Regards,
Joy
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Jan-02-06, 09:04

Stats: 182/161.2/150 Female 5"5
BF:
Progress: 65%

I'm so sorry for your loss Joy, ((((hugs)))))

Hope things go well for you and your husband Gail, I'll keep you in my prayers.

Well went and got weighed at a better scale today, turns out I'm off by 3 pounds! So hopefully I'll be 153 by V-day instead of 150
  #27   ^
Old Mon, Jan-02-06, 12:07

Just made it through TOM, also, and fighting to get over the respiratory infection. I was glad to be off one of my jobs today! (I slept in, for once) Thanks for all of your prayers. I'm glad Wednesday's only two days away, too. Money is so tight, but most of all, DH is so depressed with not being able to do hardly anything. I hope they can do something soon, too.

Joy and BankerMom, glad everything went well. You have both become part of my prayers -- that's what this board will do! Now it's time to focus on you. What one thing can you do for you in this New Year?

And my personal favorite, don't forget the H20, everyone. You have to allow your body to metabolize the fat, and to flush it. Dehydrated bodies don't burn fat.

Fun story for everyone. The other night I was picking up my prescription for antibiotics at the pharmacy and ran into a couple I haven't seen for a while. The husband just looked at me with a strange look and said nothing. His dear wife, who is about 4'10 and just a little elf, said "What happened to the rest of you, Gail?" I said "I lost it, and I don't want to find it again, ever!" About that time, her hubbie walks up and said "I noticed, but didn't want to say anything. I was afraid you were sick." Not missing a beat, his wife says "Sick of being heavy, I think, and she's looking wonderful." They are such a delight, and it's nice to be succeeding to the point people notice.

Happy New Year, everyone
Gail
  #28   ^
Old Mon, Jan-02-06, 16:05

BF:

Hi Everyone,

Well I am having a better day, I still don't want to workout, but that me these days, must be winter. I am taking Vitimin D so that is helping my mood.

Hi Gail,
You are the best you always have great stories that make me smile. Would love to have you over for Dinner party. I hope you are also having a better day and that you are getting over your respiratory infection, glad to hear you got a sleep in.
I know things must be so difficult with your husband, my mother told me years ago that men show their love for their family by being good providers, when that is taken away from a good man, it becomes difficult. So hang in there, things will work out for you both. We are here for you. Thank you for your prayers, and right back at you.

Hi Megz,
Thanks for the Hugs, it made me feel really really good.
You know scales differ from one to another, I always am a diffrent weight when we go on the scale at my doctor.

Well that all from me for now. I love being here.
Thanks everyone,
Warmest regards
Joy
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Jan-03-06, 01:23

Thanks, Joy. You live up to your name.

We've decided that God answers prayers in his own time, and we continue to be faithful. There's a purpose in DH being out of the workforce at this time. We've prayed, others have prayed, we've been to healing services... There is a reason for this time. But it's getting old, and we are praying for the skill that this cardiologist brings to us, and the entire Arizona Heart Institute staff. Someone must have an answer. His regular doctor talked to him today that "it will just take time." Several of his family members are disappointed in him -- think he should just go back to work and tough it out. They aren't here, and they don't know how much strength he lost. So Wednesday will be a huge, pivotal day.

Feeling much better, but still not 100%. Just got home from Wally-World. G'Night, everyone.

Gail
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Jan-04-06, 04:49

BF:

Good Morning Everyone,

Did ok yesterday, I feel bloated today and the scale states I am up .5lbs but I am not going to list that as my weight.
I think I better get off my butt and workout and use fitday to ensure that I am not overloading my carbs.
I did go outside and do some raking yesterday, raking in the winter, yes there was no snow on the ground and it was warm and there was no rain. It was like earily spring.
So today I have got to drink more water, watch my carbs and go outside for more yard work.

Hi Gail,
I know today is a big day for you and your family, I am there with you, I am sending you my prayers. Can't wait to learn how it goes. Take care of yourself, make sure that you take what ever LC snacks with you, if you know you will be at the Doctor a long time. Remember you have to stay with this WOL even with all this stress around you. You look afteryourself so you can look after your family.

Hi BankerMom,
Hope you are well, Thinking of you.

Hope everybody is having a great day.
Warmest Regards,
Joy