Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2971   ^
Old Sun, Dec-15-19, 08:58

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

oh man Nicco….the furnance is out totally? You did your on and off trick and nothing....holy crap. feel for you.

I sure hope when they get there they can correct it long term.

I wanna scream for you from over here at my house and it ain't my furnance HAHA

keep under that heated blanket

Yea I caught the commercial for Knives Out...glad you liked it. On my list but if I miss it never long til Netflix or someone brings it to tv LOL
Sponsored Links
  #2972   ^
Old Sun, Dec-15-19, 09:55

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

True. It's not a must-see for the big screen.

I got it up and running and it seems to be sticking this time. I'll call to get on their schedule tomorrow.

For those in cold climates, the Comfy is the BOMB. I am HOT!
  #2973   ^
Old Sun, Dec-15-19, 11:06

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

We know you are HOT- Nic, but is the furnace working?!?! HAHAH

Going to retry those pics. just got back from the beach. OMG what a CUTE seaside boardwalk!!!!!! there were tons of people out walking!
Tons and tons of amazing looking sea side clam shops to eat in.

Stopped at the fish market to get food for today. OMG- I love these fish cakes. No breading. I ask for ingredients. Crab, lobster, scallops, shrimp- held together with egg and mayo. OMG- got 2, decent size. Eating them. Hungry.

They also had pulled pork, got 1/2 pound for dinner/ or tomorrow dinner. still have a bag of slaw in fridge if wanted.

got my walk in- pictures to come! Painted my name in the sand! Please let me know if you don't get them! DARN!
  #2974   ^
Old Sun, Dec-15-19, 11:41

BF:

it is 12:41 here when I type this and NO pics in email at all????

I am dying here HAHA

wow on that food Jaz. You are in carnivore heaven. those crab cakes sound devine! let me know how good they are.

did ya hit work yet? see your station area?
  #2975   ^
Old Sun, Dec-15-19, 13:39

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

No pics here either?????

Jaz......did you check your sent folder? Do they show as sent? Odd.

Hope it's an easy drive to work. What time do you have to be in tomorrow?
  #2976   ^
Old Sun, Dec-15-19, 14:25

BF:

Ok- I need a pool of minds here. I have spent some real time here trying to get all these pics including beach pic sent. It won't even send them to MY email so I can forward. I guess I am going to have to call Verizon to see what the deal is!!!!! They are great too! Beach pictures. I don't get it. You all got my hotel pic!

My crab cakes were the best I have ever had. Honestly just large lumps of crab, scallops, and shrimp held together with mayo/egg- old bay. BEST ever. They were BIG too! Stuffed still.

I gotta figure out this picture thing. It is driving me crazy.

It will take me twenty min to get to hospital and park and get in. Only 4.8 miles. Crazy close. It only took me 11 min. today but I am going to count in for traffic and be early.

The beach was SUPER cool. Loved loved loved the board walk. 1.2 miles from me. I really want to try the following places for food,
Purple parrot
Fins
Grumpy seafood
seafood house
the list goes on and on.......... The food so far is so good and so good for Keto/ carnivore for fish!!!!!

Ok- let me call about these pics!
  #2977   ^
Old Sun, Dec-15-19, 16:27

BF:

had go to a Verzon store. Issue with gmail app on phone. Non fixable. there is a work around- but I have to email you all separately. They young kid did not know how to sync up my contact list with the email account...........

Anyway- going to finally empty my suitcase. You all should have pics. more tomorrow-

I am getting the hang of stamps. not as bad today- but then again, not as many trips. I took a nap at 1-3. It was wonderful Just hope I can sleep tonight.
  #2978   ^
Old Sun, Dec-15-19, 17:00

BF:

Got pics

loved them! your apt. is sooooo cute and it was cool seeing Bella in one picture

Hey on your drive to work.....did you go in at all and find your station area? or just drive there and didn't go in?

just wondering.....very easy commute.

omg NO GAZILLION hours on the road like your old crap job~ wow will be nice change for you

Can't wait to hear about your day tomorrow!

and all the good seafood and fish. You are a fishy gal.....I bet you lose well in this new temp. job time. You always said you do best on fish etc.....now you are in heaven with tons of it around you

very very super cool Jaz
  #2979   ^
Old Sun, Dec-15-19, 17:08

BF:

Thanks for the pics, but sorry you had to jump thru so many hoops to get them to us! What a cute place! I could call that home....no problem!

Can't wait to hear about your day tomorrow. I know your head will be spinning with the details, but you'll do great!
  #2980   ^
Old Sun, Dec-15-19, 17:42

BF:

did you all get the BEACH pic?!?!?!?- loved those!

Still have a bag to unpack- last one. This place is SUPER CUTE! SO BIG and spacious. It reminds of the place BLUE talks about her place. Large, 3 bedrooms 2 bath, open and comfortable for sure. Easy to LIVE here with 2 people, or 3 even. Bella loves all the space!!!!! To room! Although she hangs wherever I am. She is my spirit animal girl!

ok- going to see how fast I can dump a suit case onto hangers and plug in Mrs. Masiel - I am almost done with new season. - till tomorrow!!!!!

Sorry I have dominated the thread!
  #2981   ^
Old Sun, Dec-15-19, 18:52

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Jaz---Got a ton of great pix!!! Man, your place is great. So ROOMY and comfy looking. Love the little porch. Fine place for an adventure. And wow, those winter beach pix were so gorgeous, I think I'd actually walk if that was my view. The whole place just looks so charming, and if it can be so in winter, it's only going to get better and better. My mouth is just watering at all those clam shacks and seafood joints.

And yeah, 5 miles from work, SCORE. After all that wretched driving for work and just in Atlanta in general where the traffic is famous for being treacherous. Oh honey, I'm so happy for you!!! Surely there will be challenges, and one can never outrun every bad day, but it just feels like this is a grand new page for you...an opportunity to start anew, experience it all, and if in 13 weeks you're ready to move on, wagons ho! Or maybe you decide to stay another 13 weeks and enjoy summer there. SO MANY POSSIBILITIES.

Nic---Boo on the furnace thing! Problem is, sounds like you never now if it will work from here on out, unless this less than reliable resource figures out if it's an easily fixed glitch.

YAY on your LC energy! I remember when you first lost all that weight, when you were first w/our thread and just motoring it off. I always thought, man, that girl loses fast. You would be on plan most of the time, go off for a day or so, get right back on and boom, you'd drop and keep dropping. I hope you start to get those rewards when you decide to take on the scale, and until then thinking you probably already feel that great bloat gone thing we forget about when we do one of our swan dives off plan and stay off for too long. Y'know, you just get used to the bloat---which really is different than just the extra pounds, in how one feels.

Lori---I really admire how you've made the UD/DD thing work for you! You started out doing it vigilantly, and now you've discovered just how to tinker w/it to make it work for you w/a bit less vigilance---IOW, the least amount of pain to stop the gain. And w/all your exercise, the losses can continue even while tinkering w/the plan. This is where the "diet" stops, and the livable lifestyle takes over.

Trig---OMG, I had such a freaking big giggle over you getting back at the kiddo and scaring her in out of her pants for a change. I just loved the story about how she loves to pop up in your kitchen window, just to yank your chain. Like her mama, that girl has a real sense of humor---but haha, payback is always fair.

So great to hear your sweet zone continues, albeit w/a minute of struggle here and there. But really, not so much struggle, and really HUGE results. And you are also-freakin'-lutely happiest on ZC/Carnivore. And it's not just an eating thing, y'know? It's my sense that you feel SO much FREER when you have that girdle on, so to speak LOL, which is oxymoronic in a way but seems so true and good for you. Really, makes a lot of sense to me as I have come to know you. It's minimalist. No fuss, no muss.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, clearly I am the black sheep of the thread right now. You gals are all doing so great---heck, Jaz even made it thru the quickest move ever that would totally unnerve me, ON PLAN.

I WILL grab on again, but no, not till after Xmas. Just too much going on and y'know, one gets to know oneself by this age. It just isn't my time right now. But it's going to have to be my time again soon come. And it will be.

Had a really FAB day today. So, there's this neighborhood joint just 6 blocks down the road from us that I have come to totally love. It's Kitchy as hell, so very cozy and affordable, and does amazing breakfasts at an amazing price. It's a "Cheers" kind of place.

Went w/a pal from the building for breakfast, and then we headed down to 7th street, a mishmash of restaurants, junk stores, art galleries, tattoo places, a really eclectic delightful street, now part of my neighborhood. Not that it wasn't always there, but funny the bubble we all live in, only traveling most days on our worn old paths closest to home. And this long colorful street is on the rise, WITHOUT becoming too gentrified and boutiquey to stop being interesting, or affordable.

So we went to this place after breakfast I can't even describe except to say it calls itself an "emporium." An old fashioned word that suits it to a T. It's huge and crammed full of dealers' booths of every stripe. There's real treasures there and plenty of junk, although which is which is of course in the eye of the beholder. It's all re-cycled, some vintage, some collector stuff, lots of curiosities and interesting things.

My pal bought me a hand blown glass snow man there for Xmas. He's is heavy clear glass, about 10 inches tall, w/a hole in the bottom I can stick one of those fake flickery votives in. I'm not much of a Xmas decor person, but this guy just grabbed my heart, and will look fab on my Xmas Eve dinner table arrangement. I LOVE setting a pretty table.

So, simple things today. A great pal, a good cheap breakfast in a place that just hugs you from the moment you walk in, and a $10 glass snowman. Bliss.

Last edited by Blue52 : Sun, Dec-15-19 at 19:03.
  #2982   ^
Old Mon, Dec-16-19, 05:02

BF:

Blue I love the description of that emporium type place. Being more boonie we don't have all those kinds of places near by at all. All we have mostly is places going belly up now. Empty strip malls and such. Sad around here but the beauty is I can travel to places like that when wanted

Sounds like a wonderful day, very relaxing and your little snowman sounds so cute!!

hey all
kid has exams today, then she is off tomorrow and Wed cause she has no exams and is allowed out of school. didn't happen like that back in my day HA

didn't do movie, she didn't want to. wants to hit it tomorrow on her day off. will see if we go.

gotta make hair appts for her and me. need cuts.

other than that, nothing going on at all. same old same old. quiet here.

woke up with sinus headache yesterday. ugh. in a friggin' fog. head is just so off. took drugs, those helped a lot...coming around a bit this morning to the better so that is good.
eh, the crap one lives with

easy day of small crap. laundry etc.
nothing major

hope everyone has a great day
  #2983   ^
Old Mon, Dec-16-19, 05:17

BF:

Good Working Monday!
Nope didn't sleep- and there will be no nap- hahahahah. I knew I wouldn't.

Blue- Black sheep of the thread- hardly. I I think that we all go through periods of hot on like TRIG is going through, and then there is ebb. As you say ebb and flow. It balances out. As long as we are all on the flow or not gaining, we can pick it up when we are ready.

I love you are exploring a new neighborhood. I find it great because you have lived in your beloved city for a time now! So the fact you are finding new pockets of areas to explore is great.
Also even if we live in the same area our entire life- change happens. New business pops up and others go.

Are you going to San Fran this year? Any plans in the future for travel there? I know he came recently. You should send a pic of your glass snow man! However I am still dying to see your bead project. Are you still working with those?

NIC-
- So is your furnace going in and out? Might it be a light fix? It is going to get VERY cold! I think the cold here is colder- does that make sense? It is drier. I know that I am a mile from ocean- but it isn't humid.
Have you decided on the oven yet?
I know you are excited to see your DS21 for the holiday! And he is staying through Jan. YEAH to that!!!

Lori- I know you are up! You are most likely posting. Whats on tap for you this week?
Thanks for such a positive post to me!!! Made my day!
I am taking you ladies with me to work- you just don't know it. HAHAHAHAH

Trig- - I am totally in Seafood heaven!!!!!- I can truly eat crab, grouper, salmon, shrimp, scallops every day!!!!
Did you happen to catch me post about those chicken farms? Urghhhhhh..... I am having trouble thinking about chickens let alone eating one. The hatching barn got me. But then again you are a farm girl and it is nothing. - I don't like to think about the fact that meat comes from SOMEWHERE!!! - HAHA- Fish is different! So I am telling myself.
----------------------------------------
Nic- you will find this funny. So there are two local Demarva here. I tried to "find" Delmarva on the map. I had to ask someone where it was.
The response was"you aren't from here are you?"-
Delmarva- Delaware, Maryland, Virginia- I guess I didn't know Maryland dipped so far down this way. You are so right- all these states sorta blend together.
TONS of people here from PA, just noticing.

The boardwalk was super fun yesterday. You all should google Rehoboth Boardwalk! It was just like all the pics!
OK- gotta run, I certainly don't want to be late day one!!!!!-

Back later!
  #2984   ^
Old Mon, Dec-16-19, 06:03

BF:

Good Morning!

Jaz...you are up and raring to go! I'm sorry you didn't sleep, but maybe adrenaline will see you thru the day. Hope it's a good one! You know we'll all be anxious to hear all about it.

Blue....your day sounds wonderful. Your little snowman will bring you lots of smiles this winter thru the long, dreary days.

Trig....hope the sinus issues don't get you down today. Thank goodness for meds, right?

Nic....furnace trouble...ugh! Hope the repairman comes today and gets it figured out. Too cold for that nonsense!

--------

Today I have lots of errands to get done. The weather is going to take a nasty turn starting late this afternoon/evening. Tomorrow I'll probably be stuck at home all day. Snow/sleet/freezing rain....what fun!

I'm heading to the gym around 8:30 this morning to do a run on the treadmill and then lift some weights. At 10:15 there is a new yoga class that I'm going to try. Then it's home to shower and start running around. Passport pic, meat market, grocery store, post office. Whew! At least I'll be busy on my DD...who has time to eat?

DH is getting leftovers for dinner....not sure what I'll nibble on. Yesterday I made a Home Chef meal.....Barb b q chicken & pineapple quesadillas. Very tasty! I used LC tortillas instead of the ones that Home Chef sent. I have a piece of one leftover, maybe that will be my little dinner.

Tomorrow I have got to wrap my head around Christmas gift organizing and wrapping. Then it'll be a mad dash to buy more stuff and finish up. I'll have to go buy bags of candy and all manner of crap to fill 4 huge stockings for the boys. That is usually the last step in the whole process.

Well, I've got to get this cat off my lap so I can go get another cup of coffee. Have good days!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Mon, Dec-16-19 at 06:12.
  #2985   ^
Old Mon, Dec-16-19, 06:52

BF:

Lori wow you got a busy busy day.
but it feels good to get it all done and be wrapped up!

snow and sleet. omg. I cringe when I hear that. So many years up north and that snow/icy forecast worried me a ton and hated living in it. Great when younger all I did was ski but when you have to drive to work up and down big hills in PA like I did it drove me bonkers and super scary LOL
Worse was coming out of work in high heels and getting into a foot of snow....that made me insane HA

good you are moving thru a down day and thinking leftovers and easy food today. you will come thru all that just fine.

I got the last step also. wrap a few openers for the moms.
other than that, done deal here.

So hubby calls late last night.
Lost in phone somewhere 'around his blind' for his hunting.

took him 1.5 hrs crawling around the leaves to find it.

omg LOL I was laughing up a storm and he said it wasn't funny...oh yea too funny!

shower and go hit grocery for meat sales. I MIGHT do that...not sure if I wanna move or not HA

dark and gloomy here but warmer so that is good!
Closed Thread