Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2611   ^
Old Sun, Apr-08-07, 16:30

Plan: atkins
Stats: 92/112/120 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 71%

just a thought... this is a way of life... not a diet... you should not be on induction until your goal weight... it will end up worse off if you do it that way you should add in carbs in the pahses like Dr A describes!
Sponsored Links
  #2612   ^
Old Sun, Apr-08-07, 17:44
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/172/128 Female 5 foot 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

Thank you Mallory... What I meant was I was going to stay with the Atkins Plan for life but just stay on strict induction until I lost all this weight. I have the New and Revised Dr.Atkins book and he even states that if you have more than 40 pounds to lose , which I do, 42 to be exact, then you might want to seriously consider staying on Induction for awhile. So I chose that based on his book. By no means am I lookng to go off of it once I lose the weight. I know I will gain it right back and definitely don't want that! I am just getting bored eating this way and I have cheated a few times. Not badly but enough to stall me and I am just wondering if trading in the fast pace of losing weight for more variety so I will stick with this would be better....

UGH! Sometimes I just get so tired of trying for so many things. Does anyone ever feel that way? I mean this is really the first time I have been THIS down about it. I guess we all have our days huh?? Thank you Mallory for replying back. All the input helps me stay on track especially during the rough days like day!! ~big hugs~
  #2613   ^
Old Sun, Apr-08-07, 19:23

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 227/213/140 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 16%
Cool Can I join y'all???

I am 29...almost too old to be in the twenty somethings club! But this is my goal before the big 30 (7 Months and two days to go..but whose counting... ). Always have been told I look like im 22 (so sweet arent they?) but I have gained so much weight after becoming a teacher! Im a stress eater and lets just say teaching is not STRESS FREE! I lost 60lbs on ATKINS before I was working and then GAINED IT ALL BACK! I could kick myself, but would rather lose the weight than be mad at myself forever! So here I am looking for buddies to help talk me down from the ledge, or from the refridgerator, or starbucks...you get the point??!!?? Anyway, love reading everyones life stories. it seems that im not alone out there in my journey to slimness! I am from CA and have two boys and a supportive husband. cant wait to hear from everyone! take care! HAPPY EASTER TOO! PASS THE HAM AND EGGS!
  #2614   ^
Old Sun, Apr-08-07, 19:30

BF:
Default induction for long time ok for people like us

who have a lot to lose. dr atkins did say you can stay in induction longer. it is harder as you know to not eat a variety of foods and it may be tempting to eat a few more each week to see where your weight loss slows. u may find you can eat more without hurting your weight loss. check that part of the diet again. or just be really creative in your salads! good luck!
  #2615   ^
Old Mon, Apr-09-07, 07:48
Registered Member

BF:

welcome MDALLAS!! You will find alot of encouragement here and alot of awesome friendships are formed here. Cannot wait to get to know you and to help you on this journey we are all on...

Thanks for your advice on the Induction! I just have to get back into it is all.. I havent even trashed this Induction thing really, just cheated one day and it stalled me a bit and that was discouraging so now, I think I will be stronger because it isnt worth the three day stall for a few bites of something that doesnt satisfy you anyhow...

So with that said and being Monday morning I am in for a cheat free week anyone with me?? Maybe I shoulod take baby steps and say CHEAT FREE MONDAY then do it again tomorrow ~wink wink~

Hope everyones Easter was awesome!!! Knowing I have someone who loved me enough to die for me makes evereything seem atainable!! CIAO Tara
  #2616   ^
Old Mon, Apr-09-07, 09:15

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 175/167.7/139 Female 5'6''
BF:
Progress: 20%

Hey Everyone!!
Kuteepie~ Here is a big understanding hug You'll get through it! Umm, I'm not sure how it works with atkins but these are a few things that have helped me and kept me losing weight.
-Strawberries (just 4 is enough)
-INSTONE high protein pudding. 1 Carb. 20g Protein. You can find it at health food stores like Hi Health.
- Oh Yeah Wafer Bars
- Almonds
- Coconut bark
O hope some of these things help. As you can see most of them are sweet. I've noticed that I like these things more than I like sugary things now. good luck!

MDallas~ Welcome! I'm a teacher too. I understand the stress! But you can do it even if your teaching. One bit of advice: don't let yourself cheat. If your coworkers are like mine, they are tempting you with stuff all the time! I just say no and move on. If they are persistent i tell them I'm trying not to eat whatever they want me to eat. Take you lunch to work! The only thing I find safe at my school to eat are the salads and sometimes those aren't even that good. So i always make sure I have something. And last, get exercise. It helps so much with stress. On days that I go to the gym before work I find I am much more cheerful then days that I don't. (you don't have to go before work though). Good luck!! Your coworkers will notice the difference and tell you about all the time!!
  #2617   ^
Old Mon, Apr-09-07, 18:27

BF:
Default thanks for the welcome

and for the advice! My coworkers do bring tons of food and thats how people celebrate and share love. but i just say no thanks and bring my own food. people do look at me weird with the chees sticks and the salami rolled together. but i keep eating, thinking its so NOT worth it! i have done the whole atkins one day, cheat the next, and it ends up in a bad spiral that i cant get out of! FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS! i am so happy to be with people like me hope everyone had a great MONDAY
  #2618   ^
Old Mon, Apr-09-07, 18:55
Registered Member

BF:

Thank you ladies for all your support!!
  #2619   ^
Old Mon, Apr-09-07, 19:18
Registered Member

BF:

oops hit the post quick reply by accident. Thanks for all the tips on the snacks... I never heard of coconut bark. Not sure if thats allowed in Induction on Atkins.. I know strawberries can be added after induction but I have one here and there just to satisfy that fruit craving..

and the almonds can stall you on the atkins sometimes they say... I just want to lose it faster so I am trying to be so strict on this diet.. I want to stick with this but some days are so hard.. I miss fruit the most... My grapes and pineapple and watermelon and cantaloupe.. All those things..

So at night I treat myself to a root beer float made of Diet A & W Root Beer and one tablesoon of Davinci's vanilla syrup and three tablespoons of heavy whipping cream.. it takes the edge off a bit.. and it gives me the feeling of having a treat for myself at the end of the night. A legal treat!!

Thank you again for all the tips and encouragement..It is always grately appreciated.... Many hugs sent to you...... Love, Tara

It really does help to come on here and get encouragement from others in the same boat because we all know how challenging it can be to deny ourselves the things we love so much..
  #2620   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-07, 06:07
Registered Member

Plan: LOW CARB
Stats: 196/170/160 Female 5foot 8 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

Hello!
It Has Been A While Since I Have Posted, But Am On My Journey To Loosing Weight, (hopefully). I Am Now Taking A Colon Cleanser. The Name Speaks For Its Self. Not Sure How Many Of You Know, But Your Body Carries 15-20 Lbs Of Bm On The Walls In Your Body. So The Colon Cleanse Is Supposed To Rid Of That. We Will See In Time. Got It At Gnc For 10 Bucks. My Question Is, Has Anyone Tried This And Was Wondering How It Affected Anyone . And Did It Help Rid Of Fatty Foods. I Have Been On It 3 Days Now. It Seems To Push Food Through Almost As Fast As I Eat. Sometimes I Wonder If This Is A Bad Thing, But Anyone Who Has Tried This, Please Let Me Know.
  #2621   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-07, 07:58

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32lbs2go
Hello!
It Has Been A While Since I Have Posted, But Am On My Journey To Loosing Weight, (hopefully). I Am Now Taking A Colon Cleanser. The Name Speaks For Its Self. Not Sure How Many Of You Know, But Your Body Carries 15-20 Lbs Of Bm On The Walls In Your Body. So The Colon Cleanse Is Supposed To Rid Of That. We Will See In Time. Got It At Gnc For 10 Bucks. My Question Is, Has Anyone Tried This And Was Wondering How It Affected Anyone . And Did It Help Rid Of Fatty Foods. I Have Been On It 3 Days Now. It Seems To Push Food Through Almost As Fast As I Eat. Sometimes I Wonder If This Is A Bad Thing, But Anyone Who Has Tried This, Please Let Me Know.

32lbs, I'm taking Colonix and Tonixout which is a Detox/Colon Cleanse. It maybe a little more gentler than what you have. but your results sound pretty normal. (No pun intended, ) We are actually supposed to go at least three times a day. But it's because of lack of fiber and other things that we don't. It sounds like it's working. Have you noticed a sensitivity to food? I have with mine. I can't stand to overeat or have something with a lot of artificial sweetener. My tummy doesn't like it!! Good luck and congrats on doing the colon cleanse. It's not the most pleasant but I think it is very important for good health.
  #2622   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-07, 10:01
Registered Member

Plan: LOW CARB
Stats: 196/170/160 Female 5foot 8 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

Thanks Katie,
Yes I Am Starting To Feel Like I Only Want To Eat When I Am Hungry Not When I Am Bored. Yes. I Am Going Probaly Atleast 7 Times A Day Right Now. Which Is More Than Normal, But It Is Supposed To Rid Of The Extra Waste In The Body, So Has It Helped With Your Weight Loss? Glad I Am Not The Only One Doing This. Thought I Was Crazy. Lol Well My Hubby Thinks I Am Anyways,,,,,,,,,
  #2623   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-07, 10:40

BF:

It has helped with weightloss. Although, not too drastically. Mostly, I feel like my digestion is better and I don't gain weight as easily when I eat something that is not the best for me. Are you taking a Probiotic? I've read and heard that when our doing a colon cleanse it's good to take it so your body can restock on good bacteria in your digestive track.
  #2624   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-07, 14:35

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 163.4/154.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 66%

I want to do a colon cleanse now! What should I buy and where did you get it from?
  #2625   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-07, 14:48

BF:

I bought mine from dr. natura.com. It's called Colinix/Toxinout It was a little pricey. I bought one packet which is a one months worth. It's pretty natural, and I don't feel like I'm running to bathroom with emergencies.
Closed Thread