Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2596   ^
Old Sun, Apr-01-07, 07:44

Plan: atkins
Stats: 92/112/120 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 71%

ok ladies i have not posted in quite sometime but im doin well! but get this.. to add to the pressure to stay low carb for easter and such there are TWO bowls of jelly beans sittin in my kitchen... starburst and jolly rancher... as well as reese eggs, bunnies, peeps, pastel white chocolates, pecan brittle, pecan eggs, me oh my the list goes on... haha whenever i go in the kitchen i stick it all on top the fidge.. outta sight outta mind!

on another note i had crawfish..AKA mississippi muds bugs for the first time yesterday YUMMMMMY! and no carbs!
Sponsored Links
  #2597   ^
Old Sun, Apr-01-07, 08:33

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/164/128 Female 5 feet, 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

Welcome coke&glam, and welcome back mallory. Wow, all that candy would absolutely doom me. I just couldn't function in the prescene of all of that! You are brave, very brave!

Well, I've cheated for two days now. On Friday I had chicken quesdillas and 4 martini's. Then yesterday, I went and ate chinese (granted I hadn't eaten all day and I worked out)... But it's weird, I haven't gained a pound. I'm shocked. I was ready for the worst, but nothing... Hopefully I won't be in for a surprise on Monday morning! I think maybe I combatted the extra pounds by not eating a lot during the day. My portions were pretty small also.

Anyway, I'm really wanting to get 5 pounds off in the next week. I said this last week, and then I cheated, so i really, really need to do this, this week. No more cheating!
  #2598   ^
Old Mon, Apr-02-07, 10:21

Plan: SoBe
Stats: 175/165/145 Female 5'8
BF:?
Progress: 33%

oh gosh ladies...well i'm back after a brief hiatus. i cheated twice this weel which actually isnt bad considering i went on vacation and had a ton of oppurtunities to cheat. my goal for this month is about 10-15 lbs. i'm gonna work out like a crack fiend trying to score ;P
  #2599   ^
Old Tue, Apr-03-07, 09:58

Stats: 175/167.7/139 Female 5'6''
BF:
Progress: 20%

Mallory~awesome determination!!! Candy is my downfall, I can't have it in the house.

Holly~this is me pushing you back in gear, ack* grunt* pull!!* come on!!! You can do it. Just think of how far you've come! Sometimes, when I don't do well on my diet I find it's because of something else. are you stressed (more than normal) or is something bothering you?

Jilibean~Welcome back!! cheating on vacation = playing. it's okay! btw, i like crack, too. (hehehe, just kidding!!)

this morning the scale said 146.8. I guess it's going to hang out there for a bit. My body needs time to get used to the 3 pound weight loss. I don't think it's ready to let go of those fat cells quite yet....."Katie, don't get rid of us!! we want to live in your butt and stomach forever!!! nooooooo!" And my body says back to them very sternly: "okay, you can stay another day, but eventually you will go. and it's going to be sooner than later!! So bye bye!!"

Did you ever see the Cosby show where Bill cosby and this tap dancing guy are have a challenge, and the tap dancing guy says, CHALLENGE!! Well, that's what this CHALLENGE sounds like!

CHALLENGE!!

NAME......START.....ACTUAL......DIFFERENCE

Katie.......146.8......146.8..........5 pounds

Have a fabulous Tuesday Everyone!!
  #2600   ^
Old Tue, Apr-03-07, 17:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/145/135 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 88%

I jumped up 7 lbs in two days without cheating! grr... it's amazing how easily my weight goes up. I am assuming it's just water weight, but this can be so frustrating. Back to low induction levels tomorrow!
  #2601   ^
Old Wed, Apr-04-07, 12:06

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 163.4/154.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 66%

I have been eating SOOOOOOOO badly! I weighed 144.0 this morning...I know it's water weight, and I am mentally prepared to go 31 days with one planned cheat starting today. Only 31 days until I leave for my wedding.

Kerbear-I am the same way, my body holds so much water weight...try drinking a lot of water and getting on that elliptical that you love!
  #2602   ^
Old Wed, Apr-04-07, 13:46

Plan: GLC
Stats: 145/139/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 30%

my weight is up too. I've not been eating so great but it's been for about 5 days now. I haven't weighed but I can always tell by my stomach when I'm gaining/holding water. I plan on eating better the next few days then weighing this weekend sometime.
  #2603   ^
Old Wed, Apr-04-07, 15:16

BF:

eekk!! I hate meetings! I always want to cheat on the food they have. I get so bored and aggravated! I have one today. I"m not going to cheat! I'm not going to cheat!!
  #2604   ^
Old Thu, Apr-05-07, 08:35

BF:

haha i know what you mean about the meetings at our work lunch is catered in almost EVERYDAY and unless they are feeling healthy and get a veggie tray im staring at cookies, pastries, and doughnuts along with BBQ SUGARY pulled pork or something

just wondering... anyone callin a cheat for easter? i have a feeling ill be receiving a HUGE basket of candy and my mom is going to glaze the ham she doesnt care about low carb haha so im stuck in a RUT!
  #2605   ^
Old Thu, Apr-05-07, 10:37

BF:

mallory, you know I hadn't even thought about it!! I forgot easter was this weekend. (Oops, I'm a heathen.) i suppose my family won't be to lowcarb either. I may just have to up the fiber and water and eat something not legal. Although, they do know better than to give me candy. I think in the off chance that I get some, I'm going to throw it away. (i did that with candy my apartment complex gave me.) I'm happy eating coconut bark anyways.
  #2606   ^
Old Thu, Apr-05-07, 11:50

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 163.4/154.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 66%

I am not going to cheat for Easter, but my family also knows that I don't care what they serve, and I am not being rude, but I just won't eat...but bring on the devilled eggs!!!!

Down to 141.5 today...Cheat free day one went well, I already feel better and am looking forward to the results of the next 30 days cheat free too! Bikini here I come!!!
  #2607   ^
Old Sun, Apr-08-07, 09:40

Stats: 170/164/128 Female 5 feet, 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

Happy Easter everyone! Sorry I haven't posted in so long. I've been completely distracted from my diet. My wisdom teeth have been killing me and the oral surgeon is booked until next week. ARghh... Not to mention, I'm DREADING getting these damn things out. The stress has caused me to be horrible on my diet. I just can't make myself eat south beach compliant foods when I feel like crap and I'm stressed about having to have surgery. I've never had anything like this done, so I'm pretty scared about it. But, despite all my cheats, I amazingly haven't gained anything! It's crazy! Should I expect a massive weight gain any day now? I just don't get it, when I was being super good on the diet, the slightest cheat would send the scales up 5 pounds, but now that I'm gorging myself on ice cream and cookies, I gain nothing... It's really, really strange. The only thing I can think of that is helping me is that I still don't eat a ton of calories a day. If I have a bad dinner, I probably only had a couple hard-boiled eggs during the day... I don't know. I just find this incredibly weird.

Do you think it's the eggs I've been eating? I've noticed if I eat hard-boiled eggs, the scale tends to be lower the next day. I don't know. Maybe it's all in my head.

Anyway, after I get these damn teeth yanked, I'll be back on the diet. I'm not sure when they're going to schedule me for the surgery probably another week or so. But I figure I'll lose some weight after that just because I won't be able to eat anything for a few days... That should be a good kick-start back into south beach... hopefully anyway!
  #2608   ^
Old Sun, Apr-08-07, 11:57
Registered Member

Stats: 180/172/128 Female 5 foot 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

does anyone know if millet and flax seed chips are okay for induction?? I want to have them with guacamole but am not sure if I can have them

They only have 3 net carbs for 3 chips which are rather a good size.. The ingredients are Millet flour, Brown rice flour, Ground Flax, Sea Salt, Olive Oil, Non aluminum Baking Powder water and garlic. That is all the ingredients. The lady at the health food store said I could have them but wanted to see what you aldies thought.. Thanks a million.... Tara
  #2609   ^
Old Sun, Apr-08-07, 12:35

BF:

haha they spund like somethn that will keep you pretty "normal" i dunno the answer tho induction carbs are supposed to be from veggies
  #2610   ^
Old Sun, Apr-08-07, 13:31
Registered Member

Stats: 180/172/128 Female 5 foot 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

Thanks Mallory... I am just trying to find new ideas for snacks.. I am so sick of Induction but want to stay on it until goal... Hopefully I can do it... Just a bit discouraged today I guess... Thank you for your reply, it is always nice to know people really do hear you!!! Have a blessed Easter!! Tara
Closed Thread