Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#196   ^
Old Wed, Jul-20-16, 13:05

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello Warriors,

Happy bday Larry great to read your post.
Karen, glad you stopped by. So happy you are getting a beach camping trip. Sorry to hear about your MIL. It is great that she can recoup with you.
Judy, awesome on the walking !

Hello Jo, 2.5 weeks and back to school. The summer is flying! We are under an excessive heat watch temps going to be 105-115 with humidity 😰. I will walk the dogs early and have to keep the kiddos inside!

Have a wonderful day warriors and take care of you!
Sponsored Links
  #197   ^
Old Wed, Jul-20-16, 15:47
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Hello Jo
Hiya Berni!
Quote:
2.5 weeks and back to school. The summer is flying!
Yeppers!

You know what? This will be the 3rd summer in a row where I didn't have to try to lose weight to be "Just Jo" when school starts!

B/c that was always my goal at the end of each school year as "Fat Jo". Every single summer break was the same, that I would try to lose some weight before school started.

So I have not had to do that since summer 2014! Talk about stress-free summers eh?
Quote:
We are under an excessive heat watch temps going to be 105-115 with humidity 😰. I will walk the dogs early and have to keep the kiddos inside!
Wow that's a double whammy ~ HEAT + HUMIDITY! At least it's a DRY HEAT here...whatever that's worth!

But it sounds like you have a great plan to stay out of that kinda weather and still do what needs to be done!
Quote:
Have a wonderful day warriors and take care of you!
Thanks and you too, my friend!
  #198   ^
Old Wed, Jul-20-16, 21:59

Plan: Keto Low Carb
Stats: 317/280/200 Male 66 Inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

I enjoyed a GREAT on plan birthday. We went to the Texas Road House where I celebrated with a 24 oz. rare sirloin steak. Very tender, juicy and tasty. It was larger than I normally eat but it sure was good. I also rode the saddle they have for birthdays after my meal.

Tomorrow I am looking forward to riding my motorcycle about 70 miles to the Springfield, MA Shriners Hospital to attend the board meeting as a guest. Before moving to Florida I was a member of that board and I still have many friends on it. They will be surprised!

Friday DW and I are headed back to the Buffalo, NY area to attend a graduation and 18th birthday party for a shrine patient I have been very close to since he was 1 year old. He has spina-bifida and his mother was told by other doctors that he would not live past 5. Thanks to advances in treatment at Shriners hospitals he is 18 and now planning to attend college
  #199   ^
Old Wed, Jul-20-16, 23:50

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry H
I enjoyed a GREAT on plan birthday. We went to the Texas Road House where I celebrated with a 24 oz. rare sirloin steak. Very tender, juicy and tasty. It was larger than I normally eat but it sure was good. I also rode the saddle they have for birthdays after my meal.

Tomorrow I am looking forward to riding my motorcycle about 70 miles to the Springfield, MA Shriners Hospital to attend the board meeting as a guest. Before moving to Florida I was a member of that board and I still have many friends on it. They will be surprised!

Friday DW and I are headed back to the Buffalo, NY area to attend a graduation and 18th birthday party for a shrine patient I have been very close to since he was 1 year old. He has spina-bifida and his mother was told by other doctors that he would not live past 5. Thanks to advances in treatment at Shriners hospitals he is 18 and now planning to attend college

My DH's BFF is very involved in with the Shriners Hospital in Houston. He volunteers extensively and picks the kids up at the airport and takes them to the hospital...DH is a traveling man too!
Happy Birthday!!
  #200   ^
Old Thu, Jul-21-16, 05:39

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

JO, , your MIL was a piece of work!! you had me laughing on that one! Mine is ok actually, but, I KNOW I can't stand her here for 'too long', in that, this might sound weird, but she is 'too nice'. Kinda too helpful or nice to a fault. where it gets annoying. When someone said 'kill them with kindness' I understand that meaning now LOL but I can handle her in small doses.

Back to school in 2.5? My kid goes back on Aug. 29. Retire, sounds great, but it sounds like being so active work is probably a great thing for you still, you sure sound like you enjoy your work so that is wonderful!

Bernie, hey, can she come recoup with you? HA HA I will gladly pawn her off to ya.

Larry, sounds like a wonderful b-day!

HI ALL
nothing too much on list but that can change in a flash.
off to grocery to get burgers and salad, etc, for RV trip.
Packing for leaving on friday...not much, short trip so that is good.

for some reason I haven't had chicken lately, so while in the store I think I will grab up some wings and thighs.

everyone enjoy their day!!!
  #201   ^
Old Thu, Jul-21-16, 06:23
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Sounds like you had a terrific 100% OP b'day! WTG, Larry!
Quote:
You'll have to let us know what they think of the "new leaner Larry"!
Quote:
I know the Shriners do a lot of good work! How terrific that you get to attend his graduation and 18th b'day!

Have fun & stay safe!
  #202   ^
Old Thu, Jul-21-16, 06:37
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
JO, , your MIL was a piece of work!! you had me laughing on that one! Mine is ok actually, but, I KNOW I can't stand her here for 'too long', in that, this might sound weird, but she is 'too nice'. Kinda too helpful or nice to a fault. where it gets annoying. When someone said 'kill them with kindness' I understand that meaning now LOL but I can handle her in small doses.
The problem with mine was that I was married to her ONLY child...so NO ONE would have been good enough for him. Although my ex-FIL thought I was the bomb!
Quote:
Back to school in 2.5? My kid goes back on Aug. 29. Retire, sounds great, but it sounds like being so active work is probably a great thing for you still, you sure sound like you enjoy your work so that is wonderful!
Yep, we go early and are always done the Friday before Memorial Day. US government only pays for 177 school days for kiddos...so it really doesn't matter how one slices up the school year...

Oh yeah, I am SOOOO not ready to retire. Heck, Karen I'm a very young 57 ~ just ask me!! Especially now since I've lost all the weight, I'm healthier than I've been in ages and have all this energy!!!

My decision to retire will rest on the continuing BS (none-teaching CRAP) that seems to become more frequent these years in education and especially mandated by our incompetent state department of education... Seriously, I love being in the classroom, teaching and sharing everything I am allowed to teach... it's truly amazing. Especially since the kiddos want to be in my classroom, after all, I do teach the "fun" classses!
Quote:
HI ALL
nothing too much on list but that can change in a flash.
off to grocery to get burgers and salad, etc, for RV trip.
Packing for leaving on friday...not much, short trip so that is good.
Sounds like you have everything under control to stay 100% OP during your short vaca! I knew you would! WTG!
Quote:
for some reason I haven't had chicken lately, so while in the store I think I will grab up some wings and thighs.
Strange how we seem to eat the same proteins over and over again? I know that's the case for me... I'm not saying it's boring... it is what it is!
Quote:
everyone enjoy their day!!!
Thanks, girlie and you too!
  #203   ^
Old Thu, Jul-21-16, 07:38

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Good Morning All,

It's been a few days since I've posted. I have been busy with grandkids and have had a lot of family stuff on my mind. A stressful week. Through it all I stay steady with my eating.

I cooked up a bunch of chicken wings & thighs a few days ago and have been eating off those, along with a couple of eggs now and then. Still not eating a lot of veggies, maybe every third day or so. Even though I've tried different vegetables I haven't really climbed the ladder cause I still keep my carb ultra low. I know I need to keep my carbs very low.

My brother with newly diagnosed diabetes has been cutting carbs and bringing his blood sugar down...so proud of him! I have been pushing him to eat low carb. I hope he sticks with it. Diabetes is scary. Low carb can reverse it.

Have a super duper OP day warriors....
  #204   ^
Old Thu, Jul-21-16, 07:43

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Quote:

Happy belated birthday Larry sounds like the perfect birthday meal to me I can picture you riding that saddle

Your work with Shriners is excellent Larry. I know families are very appreciative of the time you devote
  #205   ^
Old Thu, Jul-21-16, 09:41

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello warriors,

Larry I am so glad you had a spectacular bday and enjoyed the steak. The time and energy you put in to the Shriners is admirable!

De, good to see you post! So proud of you even with family stuff you stay on plan but that is why you are a warrior member of team 5%.
Karen, enjoy getting the camper ready with all your yummy on plan food!

Hello to all the other warriors have an awesome day 😀👍
  #206   ^
Old Thu, Jul-21-16, 11:00

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

JO I guess 'school' will never be the 'same' as I knew it
even with kiddo it is 'wierder' than I remember as a kiddo.
I would even say I know teachers are under WAY more pressure than before. I guess when it becomes a burden is the time you 'really' think about retiring until then have fun like you do....cause the future will either make it more fun or make it more miserable.

Bernie, ya missed it girlie. take MIL please but yes I will do on plan food for sure.

De ya sound in a good, even place. that is important. put you first at all times...and with brother doing his thing and seeing YOU as an example is well worth the work you put into this.

I am same, when goal comes, veggies (the extreme few I love, like 3) will come back when they 'fit the menu' for the day. I get ya on that!

POOL perfect.
packing rv
off tomorrow and will chat on tues when I return
I just want 'off this life' for a few days

I know the Warrior strong is here on this thread
  #207   ^
Old Thu, Jul-21-16, 12:39

Plan: hflc
Stats: 166/157/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 22%

HI All,
Happy Thursday!
Nothin' to report- just keepin' on keepin' on...
Doc visit tomorrow...
Went to the zoo yesterday-DD and friend had giant cookie, ice cream and later, cupcakes. Me? black coffee.
Got a new scale- the number 150 is hard to break through... but it WILL happen, and then I'll be moving downward to a more reasonable decade for my shrimpy height.
Hope you are all well!
j
  #208   ^
Old Thu, Jul-21-16, 16:59
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
It's been a few days since I've posted. I have been busy with grandkids and have had a lot of family stuff on my mind. A stressful week. Through it all I stay steady with my eating.
I've missed you on the boards. I'm so sorry to hear about you having a stressful week and the a lot of family stuff on your mind...

But you're staying WARRIOR Strong w/o EXCUSES! You Rock!
Quote:
I cooked up a bunch of chicken wings & thighs a few days ago and have been eating off those, along with a couple of eggs now and then. Still not eating a lot of veggies, maybe every third day or so. Even though I've tried different vegetables I haven't really climbed the ladder cause I still keep my carb ultra low. I know I need to keep my carbs very low.
That's why we've all been über successful, we know what our threshold for carbs are... most of us here are gonna stay ultra low carbs IF we want to maintain our weight loss and keep our good health!
Quote:
My brother with newly diagnosed diabetes has been cutting carbs and bringing his blood sugar down...so proud of him! I have been pushing him to eat low carb. I hope he sticks with it. Diabetes is scary. Low carb can reverse it.
WOW what super terrific news about your DB!

Do you all know MarvinNE? He has kicked diabetes to the curb by completely changing his diet to the LC WOE!

I commented about his recent doctor's visit in my journal today:
Quote:
I saw that amazing lab report letter Marvin got from his doctor saying that there is NO EVIDENCE of Diabetes! I know he was über happy to hear that! He's doing so great and has already lost 135 lbs! Woot! Woot!

Gosh another successful person on the LC WOE train to better HEALTH! Wish more people would jump on board our life changing LC WOE that not only helps us lose weight but better still, IMPROVES our HEALTH!
Quote:
Have a super duper OP day warriors....
Thanks and you too, dear De!
  #209   ^
Old Thu, Jul-21-16, 17:01
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Hello to all the other warriors have an awesome day 😀👍
Hiya Berni and thanks I will b/c I always do! Having an awesome day is a choice right? Just like eating 100% OP!
  #210   ^
Old Thu, Jul-21-16, 17:10
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
JO I guess 'school' will never be the 'same' as I knew it
even with kiddo it is 'wierder' than I remember as a kiddo.
I would even say I know teachers are under WAY more pressure than before. I guess when it becomes a burden is the time you 'really' think about retiring until then have fun like you do....cause the future will either make it more fun or make it more miserable.
It's nice to know I'll be in a position to say, yep Imma comin' back or HELL NO!

And I'd have to agree with you on public school being so different than what we experienced! I know in our state, we are forever testing our kiddos to see what they know (more like a "gotcha" for the teachers b/c they think it proves that we AREN'T doing our jobs)... it's getting ridiculous... and if you don't teach Core (Math, Reading/Writing, Science or Social Studies) you don't get the funding at all. I haven't had a new textbook in about 14 years... it's all good. I don't use the ding dang things anyways... My Foods Lab is circa 1960s with a couple of avocado colored stoves (remember those?)... when they die, they don't replace 'em... it's sad. I do the best I can and still manage to teach my kiddos!
Quote:
off tomorrow and will chat on tues when I return
I just want 'off this life' for a few days
Have fun at the beach and build a sand castle or two for me! See you on Tuesday!
Quote:
I know the Warrior strong is here on this thread
Yep that's why we're here to stay Warrior Strong, support, encourage and help each other along the way!
Closed Thread