Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2026   ^
Old Mon, Aug-28-17, 09:56

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Morning All..

Sending out my thoughts and deep concern for the safety of all the people living in the flood and hurricane area. 🙏

I have avoided getting sick...so far...from the crud that the GKs have. Sorry it got you Karen! They are stretching it out though so won't be surprised if they ask me to watch them again. When we all went out for breakfast together yesterday DGS was coughing a little and wiping his nose a bunch. Not fun!

I finished my DGD's baby photo book. Newborn pics and up to first birthday. She's 3 1/2 now!!! She was the only grandkid without her own photo book, so I got it done finally, before the next one gets here. I just haven't had much time since I was babysitting so much, then we got the 2 pups, who are also needy. I also got most of my photos organized, but still have some work to do. The kids like to look at the books when they come over. Eventually they will get them as gifts, when they are old enough to take care of them. The first grandkid has a mega amount of photos and the others much less.

Food wise all is good. Sticking to 2 meals a day most days. Yesterday we ate out for breakfast and I had bacon and eggs. Gave my carb sides to others. Last night DH wanted steak and scallops so I fixed that, it was delicious. Much better at home than eating out. I like going out to eat to socialize, but prefer my own food at home.

Have a great OP Monday Warriors...
Sponsored Links
  #2027   ^
Old Tue, Aug-29-17, 04:12
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Smile Tuesday, 29 August 2017

Awww first one here this morning...

Happy Tuesday, Warriors!

Wishing every one a totally terrific day in every single way possible!

Stay WARRIOR STRONG!

Carb-Free Food for Thought:

“Remember what we LOSE if we REGAIN! ”
~ JJ

Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Sending out my thoughts and deep concern for the safety of all the people living in the flood and hurricane area. 🙏
My prayers and thoughts have been focused in that area since Friday since I know lots of peeps there...

I've been lucky, everyone I know in those areas are well and only property damaged b/c of flooding etc... but THAT can be repaired!
Quote:
I have avoided getting sick...so far...from the crud that the GKs have. Sorry it got you Karen! They are stretching it out though so won't be surprised if they ask me to watch them again. When we all went out for breakfast together yesterday DGS was coughing a little and wiping his nose a bunch. Not fun!
Something is going around here at school too! I had quite a few out since last week...

But I wonder if it's not b/c ALL the kiddos are TOGETHER again and haven't built up immunity against each other, KWIM???
Quote:
I finished my DGD's baby photo book. Newborn pics and up to first birthday. She's 3 1/2 now!!! She was the only grandkid without her own photo book, so I got it done finally, before the next one gets here. I just haven't had much time since I was babysitting so much, then we got the 2 pups, who are also needy. I also got most of my photos organized, but still have some work to do. The kids like to look at the books when they come over. Eventually they will get them as gifts, when they are old enough to take care of them. The first grandkid has a mega amount of photos and the others much less.
Wow that is quite an undertaking with all the photos! Hope you get hers done before the new grand arrives!

My youngest DD often jokes about the fact that there's tons of single pics of her older brother and sister, but when she came along, there's not many of just her! I told her the "novelty" wore off when she came along... But seriously, there were 3 of 'em so most of my pics are of all three...

That's my story and Imma stickin' to it!
Quote:
Food wise all is good. Sticking to 2 meals a day most days. Yesterday we ate out for breakfast and I had bacon and eggs. Gave my carb sides to others. Last night DH wanted steak and scallops so I fixed that, it was delicious. Much better at home than eating out. I like going out to eat to socialize, but prefer my own food at home.
You're doing super duper terrific staying Warrior STRONG, my dear friend!

Has eating our way become habitual for you like it has for me? B/c seriously, I can't even imagine eating any other way than totally OP!!!
Quote:
Have a great OP Monday Warriors...
Mine was terrific! The kiddos were amazing as always.

But I did make 2 of 'em cry ... well it really wasn't my fault. One of 'em forgot her guitar at home which meant reduced "participation grade" (this is her 2nd year with me, so she KNOWS better) and the other one hadn't practiced for our first playing test so he couldn't play it very well compared to his classmates...

I tell 'em that actions or none-actions have consequences... hard lesson to learn, but better to learn those lessons now, eh!
  #2028   ^
Old Tue, Aug-29-17, 05:26

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

DE, yea, agree with JO that is a big undertaking on all those photos.....so glad I only have one kid, LOL, her being 12 I have a super long time before worrying about grand kid photos
You are doing great on your plan!!

JO, laughing like crazy, ya kinda made 2 of them cry....omg too funny!!! but yea all actions do have consequences so they best start learning that important thing!

Bernie hope you are doing fab!!

have to hit store today. there was tons on her school supply list and we got it all and it ain't cheap when you put ALL that junk in one buy.....so she comes home with needing 2inch binders now they forgot to put on the list.....bleck. so off to the stupid store today.

BUT she brought home a letter. Duke University Talent Progam and they want her to take extra SATs since her scores were so high.....I got a smart one I hope something good comes out of this, we shall see!

great day all
  #2029   ^
Old Tue, Aug-29-17, 06:05
Registered Member

Plan: A'72
Stats: 170/170/135 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Good morning! I'm back again and so glad to see you guys still here! I was under such stress these last few months and turned to bad food AGAIN! You would think I would know better by now; but it's so good to see I can still come back here for support. I see you all are keeping your weight off so well!

Jo, you are still my inspiration! I've lost so much will power over time that it's hard for me to stay committed! When I come back and see your stats, it gives me so much hope.
  #2030   ^
Old Tue, Aug-29-17, 07:39

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

De.... great accomplishment on those photo albums! I am also praying for all the hurricane victims! DSGF twin is in Dallas. She is doing well and is dry but said they are opening up lots of shelters for Texans from Houston!
Karen.... great news for your daughter with high stats she will have her pick of colleges! So glad she has you around to keep her eye on prize!
Hope you are feeling better!
Have a terrific Tuesday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #2031   ^
Old Wed, Aug-30-17, 03:22

BF:

Bernie so glad she is ok in Dallas. Texas got nailed and is a mess and I sure hope everyone gets thru this one ok. It is amazing how big storms can damage so much and change lives.
Yea I have to find out about this thing for kiddo, but I must say I love having her contacted by colleges right now HA

HI Miss....just hold to A72 and you will get the results ya want. Hope you do well!

HI ALL
off to do errands today
usual stuff
weather is still chilly here, hoping summer is not over yet! To even think of pool closing soon drives me nuts, I swear I just opened it

great day all
  #2032   ^
Old Wed, Aug-30-17, 04:39
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Wednesday, 30 August 2017

Awww Karen beat me in here this am! Hey Karen here's HUMPFREE!

Happy Hump Day, Warriors!

Hope all is well and wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual!

Stay WARRIOR STRONG!

“Ask yourself if what you’re doing TODAY is getting you closer to where you want to be TOMORROW!”
~ unknown

Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
JO, laughing like crazy, ya kinda made 2 of them cry....omg too funny!!! but yea all actions do have consequences so they best start learning that important thing!
We truly have amazing kids b/c none of their classmates made fun of them or anything... KWIM? And this was in 2 different classes...
Quote:
have to hit store today. there was tons on her school supply list and we got it all and it ain't cheap when you put ALL that junk in one buy.....so she comes home with needing 2inch binders now they forgot to put on the list.....bleck. so off to the stupid store today.
Gees, I feel your pain about buying more school supplies!

Here's what our district does and it's RIDICULOUS! They send out a generic school supply list generated years ago by admin...NOT teachers , one for elementary, one geared for middle school and one for our hs.

The only problem is that most of the supplies on there our teachers don't even require and there's other things they do really need... so off goes another supply list to 'rents the first couple days of school!

As a 'rent of 3 kiddos, I would have been FURIOUS to buy the supplies and find out my kiddos don't need 'em! Years ago, we had a superintendent that wanted all the schools to be the "same," that's where this came about along with other non-sense! Pfffffffffffft! Stupid idiots! Wanna know how I REALLY feel???
Quote:
BUT she brought home a letter. Duke University Talent Progam and they want her to take extra SATs since her scores were so high.....I got a smart one I hope something good comes out of this, we shall see!
WOW! Is she adopted? J/K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But truly WOW! How exciting for her and for her future! I hope whatever she decides to do, she's happy and successful!

Sounds like she'll have her pick of scholarships if she keeps up with her academics! How very cool for her!
Quote:
weather is still chilly here, hoping summer is not over yet! To even think of pool closing soon drives me nuts, I swear I just opened it
Wish it were chilly here...we're still around the low 90s most days... I hope for your sanity, you get nicer weather so you can enjoy your pool some more!

MISSNLA:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MISSNLA
Good morning! I'm back again and so glad to see you guys still here! I was under such stress these last few months and turned to bad food AGAIN! You would think I would know better by now; but it's so good to see I can still come back here for support. I see you all are keeping your weight off so well!
Welcome Back, MISSNLA!

Don't be so hard on yourself!

If this were EASY, we'd be über successful the FIRST time we attempted to lose weight LCing & keep it off 4ever! Nice dream, eh???

And being carb addicts doesn't help at ALL!
Quote:
Jo, you are still my inspiration! I've lost so much will power over time that it's hard for me to stay committed! When I come back and see your stats, it gives me so much hope.
Aww thanks for the kind words!

Remember that I spent decades playing at "losing weight"... such wasted years, I just wasn't ready to admit to myself that carbs really are toxic to me!

I seriously had to face the facts that in order to lose the weight and keep it off, I had to avoid 'em like the plague! B/c I carbs, but they DON'T love me back!

Wishing you much success on your journey to better HEALTH!

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Hello warriors,

Imma doing super duper terrific! 3 day w/e coming up! Woot! Woot! And it will be here before I know it! Days are flying by crazy fast!
Quote:
DSGF twin is in Dallas. She is doing well and is dry but said they are opening up lots of shelters for Texans from Houston!
So glad to hear that DSGF's twin is well and has been unaffected by the events! So many people have... not much we can do about the weather... <insert Heavy Sigh here!>
Quote:
Have a terrific Tuesday warriors and take care of yourself!
My Tuesday was terrific, hope yours was the same!

Hey I didn't make one single student cry yesterday, so it was a good DAY!
  #2033   ^
Old Wed, Aug-30-17, 05:05

BF:

I beat ya but I had to come back and see HUMPFREE!!!!!!

with kiddo getting up at 6 I get up at 5:30 and this time I bounced wide awake and hit the computer

kiddo is SO waiting for the weekend now HAHA
She has monday off for Labor Day and she is thrilled after 1 week of school she has a long weekend....omg lol

WOW Jo that would irk me to no end if they sent out a 'generic' list that would not apply to my kid. I mean I spent close to $110 on all her things and I got only 1 kid!!

I had to get 'zippered 2 inch' binders and heck I never even knew these things existed I mean our binders were just binders in the OLD days, now they are crazy fancy......so no price on these binders and I got the last 2! I figured, eh, 7.00-9.99 but when I hit the register they came up as $15.98 each! HOLY! I was steaming! come on ya know! Almost $35 for 2 fancy binders? yikes

I don't do the 'donations' til later in the year....like after the holidays I will email her teacher and say WHAT DO YOU need the most, like 3 things.... and they email back and I donate those items directly to her class. I never mind helping and donating but there is a limit we all have I mean none of us have unlimited wallets........................and what got me JO was how the PTO talked about not enough money for this and that and then the Principal came up and said the same, not enough money to 'do what they want to do' and falling behind on basic purchases to function in classes and I am thinking, WTH? I mean I pay good taxes for this ya know LOL.......I really must assume funding is cut alot to schools I guess. But I swear NO ONE seems to go without in her school so???? heck I don't know

Yea I have to go online and put in her app for taking the test from Duke Uni in Dec and see what this is all about.....I am so lost on school stuff anymore....been very long for me and I didn't do any of this 'extra' stuff, I just go thru it all

You and me need to switch weather right now!
I want the 90s, you can have these hi 70s, low 80s! pffft!
  #2034   ^
Old Wed, Aug-30-17, 15:01

BF:

Hello warriors,

How are you doing today?

Quick drive by to say hello!

Crazy busy at work and my step son had more appts this week. So I been grabbing Makayla and off to the doc we go. I can't wait for weekend!

Have a wonderful Wednesday and take care of yourself!
  #2035   ^
Old Thu, Aug-31-17, 04:04
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Thursday, 31 August 2017

Happy Friday Eve, Warriors!

WOW! Last day of August... Holy Hannah!!

Hope everyone is doing well and wishing each of you a totally terrific Thursday in every.single.way possible!

Stay WARRIOR STRONG!

“I look forward to the things I can EAT without GUILT instead of regretting the things I can no longer HAVE!”
~ madgicb 04-25-15

Very powerful words, IMHO! Really kinda sad b/c madgicb didn't stick around here long...

Karen:
Quote:
I beat ya but I had to come back and see HUMPFREE!!!!!!
Quote:
with kiddo getting up at 6 I get up at 5:30 and this time I bounced wide awake and hit the computer
So you got up before you were suppose to???

Does she take the bus, walk or do you drive her to school?
Quote:
kiddo is SO waiting for the weekend now HAHA
She has monday off for Labor Day and she is thrilled after 1 week of school she has a long weekend....omg lol
I totally get her "waiting for the w/e thingy!"
Quote:
WOW Jo that would irk me to no end if they sent out a 'generic' list that would not apply to my kid. I mean I spent close to $110 on all her things and I got only 1 kid!!
I KNOW! But I guess not enough parents are complaining about it, so NOTHING gets fixed!
Quote:
I had to get 'zippered 2 inch' binders and heck I never even knew these things existed I mean our binders were just binders in the OLD days, now they are crazy fancy......so no price on these binders and I got the last 2! I figured, eh, 7.00-9.99 but when I hit the register they came up as $15.98 each! HOLY! I was steaming! come on ya know! Almost $35 for 2 fancy binders? yikes
Yeppers binders are expensive these days and you're right they are über fancy not those weird green or blue cloth covered ones from our generation or those faux leather black ones, remember those??!
Quote:
I don't do the 'donations' til later in the year....like after the holidays I will email her teacher and say WHAT DO YOU need the most, like 3 things.... and they email back and I donate those items directly to her class. I never mind helping and donating but there is a limit we all have I mean none of us have unlimited wallets........................and what got me JO was how the PTO talked about not enough money for this and that and then the Principal came up and said the same, not enough money to 'do what they want to do' and falling behind on basic purchases to function in classes and I am thinking, WTH? I mean I pay good taxes for this ya know LOL.......I really must assume funding is cut alot to schools I guess. But I swear NO ONE seems to go without in her school so???? heck I don't know
That is so very generous of you to donate items to the school! I know they must be very appreciative of your generosity! I know I would be!

As for school $$$$...There isn't money anywhere in education! Our principal has a budget of $4000 for the entire school year!

We have to fundraise to take our kiddos on field-trips to pay for buses and bus drivers etc!

I HAVE no idea where our money goes as taxpayers... In our district, Imma thinking its going to pay for the district admin... we have a crap load of admin over there considering the small amount of students we have in the entire district. Heck, our hs has less than 1400 kiddos!

Then we received 4 different emails from our finance department, 1st one last Friday, and 3 the last 3 days, informing us that they will be taking another almost 5% out of our meager paychecks b/c our medical insurance went UP again! Pfffffffffffffffft! We'll probably get another one today...

Our first paycheck is tomorrow, I guess they don't want peeps to have heart attacks when they see how LITTLE they are actually taking home!

Holy CRAP! Before the 5%, I was making less than I did 10 years ago (at least take-home-wise).

If they keep this up, I'll be taking home my 1st year salary!!!! Pffffffffffffft!
Quote:
Yea I have to go online and put in her app for taking the test from Duke Uni in Dec and see what this is all about.....I am so lost on school stuff anymore....been very long for me and I didn't do any of this 'extra' stuff, I just go thru it all
That's so cool! You'll have to keep us posted with any new developments with that! I know you and Tony must be so proud of her! We're proud of her too!
Quote:
You and me need to switch weather right now!
I want the 90s, you can have these hi 70s, low 80s! pffft!
Okey dokey, DONE! You figure out how to do that and I'll gladly switch with you!

Berni:
Quote:
Quick drive by to say hello!

Crazy busy at work and my step son had more appts this week. So I been grabbing Makayla and off to the doc we go. I can't wait for weekend!
Wow you do sound busy! Hope everything is going well for your DSS! Esp with everything he's been going thru lately!

I hope you get Monday off as well b/c you deserve a nice long chil-laxing 3 days OFF!
  #2036   ^
Old Thu, Aug-31-17, 04:44

BF:

Bernie, I know the fly by posts, (I do them when swamped also!) you are just too busy to chat too much but ya want to check in!! I hear ya!! Hold strong, you will get thru all the busy and you got the long weekend to recover!

JO, yea all the monies must be eaten up by admin etc. cause it sure is not given to the schools...I mean even our 'lottery' around here is in the high millions and supposed to go to education, but what education I wonder? I don't think anyone sees that money LOL PTO is the same, setting up tons of fund raisers and all. I would love to 'see the real' finances of all this mess but I probably would never get that chance.

WOW and OW OW on your paycheck. It is a sign of the crazy times and it is getting worse out there for many!

Medical is so messed up. I know there is no fix and the bandaids put on it is just crazy but no matter what 'they do' nothing good is changing to help us on this problem. Tony's paycheck this year was $9,000 short than last year cause mandatory overtime was cut out. Mandatory overtime cause there was tons of work to keep busy was always there, now it basically has disappeared and it showed in the pay...surprised when when I checked last years paycheck from taxes. I tell ya now I missed that darn money!

Kiddo is bus. Luckily the sucker stops right in front of the house! She wanted me to car ride her but I said heck I am paying for this service thru taxes so ya are gonna be on it HAHA
but I live closer to the schools so it is not a bad ride for her anyway and she chats with her friends....I am a big bus fan

Hey ALL
nothing much doing today
some fast errands
home for some chores and then I am not doing too much more, not in the mood LOL One thing about working from home is I can control how I get thru my day, I sure love that!

great day all
  #2037   ^
Old Thu, Aug-31-17, 13:07

BF:

Hello warriors,

My DSS went to doc yesterday complained about awful pains in the side. They sent us to hospital for Ct scan and Yepper he has appendicitis and the appendics has to come out this afternoon!
If all goes well come home tomorrow to my place until he can move around!
Jo.... health care costs are unreal. My salary has been frozen for years but my portion of health care premium keeps going up. I always tell my boss I working in the negatives especially when we pull the long hours.
Karen.... it is great to work from your home and be your own boss. You schedule your days. I luv when I can do that on the weekends!
Stopped at Wally after work this morning for my staples. Waiting to pay and the system crashes wouldn't take credit, Wally or debit cards. Luckily I had a check. Otherwise everyone who was rung up had to wait till the system came back up. What a mess. Plus as I came in I seen cash was at 2.34. I filled up by the time I left 30 minutes later it was 2.59. Lordy prices are going to be high for awhile till Texas gets back on its feet!
Have a terrific Thursday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #2038   ^
Old Fri, Sep-01-17, 04:13
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Friday, 1 September 2017

Happy Friday, Warriors!

Hope all is well and wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual!

Stay WARRIOR STRONG!

Woot! Woot! Last school day before our 3-day w/e! Imma ready!

“Time (patience) + Consistency (OP 100%) = SUCCESS”
~ on CMCM's (Carole) Signature Line

Karen:
Quote:
JO, yea all the monies must be eaten up by admin etc. cause it sure is not given to the schools...I mean even our 'lottery' around here is in the high millions and supposed to go to education, but what education I wonder? I don't think anyone sees that money LOL PTO is the same, setting up tons of fund raisers and all. I would love to 'see the real' finances of all this mess but I probably would never get that chance.
The PTO should be transparent with their $$$$. All you have to do is ask for a financial report and you'll get one!

Would you believe that last year they gave all the admin a 15k raise???? They gave the teachers and other staff a big fat NOTHING!!!!! You can believe that we were all a bit upset about that! We're the ones working our asses off in the trenches and THEY'RE the ones getting the extra income??? Pfffffffffffffffffft!
Quote:
WOW and OW OW on your paycheck. It is a sign of the crazy times and it is getting worse out there for many!
I'll get my "pay stub" in my email sometime this am, so I'll let you know the damages tomorrow!
Quote:
Medical is so messed up. I know there is no fix and the bandaids put on it is just crazy but no matter what 'they do' nothing good is changing to help us on this problem. Tony's paycheck this year was $9,000 short than last year cause mandatory overtime was cut out. Mandatory overtime cause there was tons of work to keep busy was always there, now it basically has disappeared and it showed in the pay...surprised when when I checked last years paycheck from taxes. I tell ya now I missed that darn money!
The middle class is the backbone of this country...we are the ones paying most of the taxes, helping to support those uninsured or under insured peeps and are reaping LESS of the bennies, JMO!!!!
Quote:
Kiddo is bus. Luckily the sucker stops right in front of the house! She wanted me to car ride her but I said heck I am paying for this service thru taxes so ya are gonna be on it HAHA
but I live closer to the schools so it is not a bad ride for her anyway and she chats with her friends....I am a big bus fan
I agree completely, let her ride that BUS!! No sense for you to drive her!
Quote:
nothing much doing today
some fast errands
home for some chores and then I am not doing too much more, not in the mood LOL One thing about working from home is I can control how I get thru my day, I sure love that!
Sounds like you have a good plan about controlling what you will and will not do today! Right ON!

Hope the weather was decent enough for you to enjoy your pool!

Berni:
Quote:
My DSS went to doc yesterday complained about awful pains in the side. They sent us to hospital for Ct scan and Yepper he has appendicitis and the appendics has to come out this afternoon!
If all goes well come home tomorrow to my place until he can move around!
Wow, your poor DSS has had some real bad luck health-wise! Well, at least having his appendix removed is fairly routine. Did he have laparoscopic surgery?

Wishing him a speedy recovery!

He is so very very lucky to have you there for him! You're a GREAT step-mom without a doubt!
Quote:
Jo.... health care costs are unreal. My salary has been frozen for years but my portion of health care premium keeps going up. I always tell my boss I working in the negatives especially when we pull the long hours.
Yeppers, I know exactly what you saying... there's a lot of us in that slowly sinkin' boat!
Quote:
Stopped at Wally after work this morning for my staples. Waiting to pay and the system crashes wouldn't take credit, Wally or debit cards. Luckily I had a check. Otherwise everyone who was rung up had to wait till the system came back up. What a mess. Plus as I came in I seen cash was at 2.34. I filled up by the time I left 30 minutes later it was 2.59. Lordy prices are going to be high for awhile till Texas gets back on its feet!
Sorry about the system crash at Wally World!!!

I have NO IDEA why the price of gas SHOULD go up, we have a huge RESERVE, for crying out loud!!!!!

IMHO, it's just another way to put $$$$ in the fat cats' wallets! Pffffffffffffft!

I heard that the Attorney Generals in many states have already sternly WARNED gas stations that if they over charge for gas, they'll be prosecuted to the full extent of the law!

De: Hope you're doing well, girlie! We miss you on here!
  #2039   ^
Old Fri, Sep-01-17, 04:30

BF:

Bernie, HOLY cow that is nasty having that and now DSS has to have fast surgery? that is rough....prayers for a fast recovery and these med things get cleared up quick!!

That always annoyed me Bernie to no end....when the long hours make your pay go down and down and you are working for like nothing. I loved being on 'a time card' to be paid in some jobs but my salary corporate jobs I never seemed to do as well, like you I would work alot of extra overtime hours and you just get screwed...I hear ya on that.

HAHA Wally world got ya did it? omg feel for ya.....a fast stop shop turns into a long nightmare! I know, happened to me also and it is never a fun thing

JO....wow the admin got raises and you guys not nothing...but isn't that always the way. Admin and those higher always take care of themselves, hell look at our govt. Congress etc seem to always get their fair share (and tons more) and everyone else is left by the wayside...yea, sure is just an overall somewhat fair world isn't it LOL

You said it about middle class being the backbone and we support this country......and they are taking that away. We are over taxed and a dying middle class......soon it will be have and have nots and that won't be pretty when we get there! Nothing good is coming at all I can see. but all we can do is live thru it best we can right now I guess oh gosh don't get me started here......

HI ALL
have to return kiddo's lunch bag that ripped, handle feel right off the darn thing. Another friggin' trip to the store. Shoot me. I have hit so many stores lately I am about to go insane. Shop gal is NOT me and this has to be over and done. Pulling the plug after this store trip. omg!

chatted with Barb. She wants to mountain hike with me so when the days and days of rain go by we will finally start changing over to fall stuff like hiking. Probably go back into the darn high 90s but once my mind flips to the next season it better damn well get here HAHA

nothing much, same old....have a great day warriors!
  #2040   ^
Old Sat, Sep-02-17, 07:14

BF:

Hey I am the first for Sunday LOL

It is sunday right? omg I had to think about that

No it is saturday now???? wait, have to look at a calendar fast.

It is Saturday!!!!! I tell ya I am losing it

ok happy saturday all

nothing much here....dark black skies, tons of big storms and each day now is just blurring into the others. bleck.
way too much rain....when this dries out the mowers will be whirrling full speed!

today is this and that.
nothing big
usual junk

wow exciting life here right HAHA
well quiet is a good thing too so I will take it!
kiddo and I might take a fast hike later with dog BUT THAT is a big maybe cause it is misty rain right now and skies are nasty so it is wishy washy if that will go down.

hope everyone else has a more exciting fun day!!
Closed Thread