Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1966   ^
Old Tue, Apr-01-14, 12:06

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryh
Patricia; I went through the forums past & found your chicken curry recipe & have wrote it down in my notebook. Can't wait to try it!
I heard all the curry spices like turmeric are so good for us!

I've heard that too. Hope you like the recipe!
Sponsored Links
  #1967   ^
Old Tue, Apr-01-14, 12:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryh
Oh Patricia; just read your blog there!
It really touched my heart actually; I found it really moving.
Like you I think my problems began when I was around 9/10 too;
I'm actually lighter now than I was then.
I blame my 'cereal' habit for a lot of it;-Cornflakes in particular!
I was very active too, not lazy but just had a huge appetite. Obviously I'd go to some lengths to get my hands on sweets also!!
I also visited my uncle once for maybe 8 days; who brought in nice things for me for my visit; (I remember a lot of chocolate biscuits,,lol) I think I must have shocked him when I practically ate him out of house and home... At another relatives house, I ate ALL their chocolate biscuits and got badly scolded for it! I was so ashamed!
When I came home from my Uncles house; my Mother couldn't get over my weight gain & called me
her 'little rolleen of butter' & like a 'little barrel'... {Irish people tend to put -een to the end of a lot of words}
I can see the funny side now but I was devastated.
I also threw an absolute hissy fit when I could no longer fit into my favourite blue jeans. I remember my Dad trying to be very reassuring that 'I was just big boned like him'.... . He died then in a car accident when I was 10 & I suppose I was like a little drug addict for sweets after that.
School was like a little bear pit & I was constantly in fights & just on the receiving end of a whole lot of nastiness!!
I think it does change you as a person; it affects your personality too.

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences; The whole weight journey can feel so long & lonely at times & your progress & endurance is so inspiring.
I've decided this is my way to go for life now too!!!

Thank you so much. I need to work on it, this particular post is still a bit choppy.

I really do find this way of eating so workable for my life, and think it is for many. You just have to find what cm's work best for you, and get that balancing act at reward meal down
  #1968   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-14, 07:07

Plan: Atkins/CAD/BBD
Stats: 164.5/154.5/138 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress:

Mind if I join in? I've been following a few of you around the boards and trying to do the BBD after being on Atkins Induction since March 10. I started BBD yesterday. I feel like I am being naughty and ruining the 10 lb loss I achieved on Induction.
  #1969   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-14, 07:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karegado
Mind if I join in? I've been following a few of you around the boards and trying to do the BBD after being on Atkins Induction since March 10. I started BBD yesterday. I feel like I am being naughty and ruining the 10 lb loss I achieved on Induction.

Hi! What is BBD?
  #1970   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-14, 07:39

BF:
Progress:

Big Breakfast Diet
  #1971   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-14, 11:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karegado
Big Breakfast Diet

Ah. I'm not a believer <G>.
  #1972   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-14, 11:10

Weight is 210.6 this am. Making plans for our Easter dinner. We are going to cure our own ham, using no sugars whatsoever, so it will be a cm protein.

Still working on the rest - ham is coming up first as we need to cure it for 10 days.
  #1973   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-14, 11:28

BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciakr
Ah. I'm not a believer <G>.

I'm trying it for a week. Got nothing to lose but a pound or two. It isn't much different than CAD other than first meal vs last meal.
  #1974   ^
Old Thu, Apr-03-14, 08:17

Default New one day low

My weight is 209.4 this morning..love seeing this!

Experimented with making a coconut curried "rice" yesterday using finely riced cauliflower. DH really liked it, and I did as well, though I plan to tinker with how I made it a bit more I especially like that it's cm.
  #1975   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-14, 10:20

Plan: Low Carbish
Stats: 169/152/135 Female 5'2" Age:81
BF:
Progress: 50%

Waving hi to everyone! Haven't been posting for quite awhile but am back on the bandwagon again. Starting this week I am eating my RM around 1 or 2 and then a quite small snack for CM at nite. This is really very IF in style I have found, but in any case it is how I am rolling. Have to keep my calories about 1000 a day or I won't lose, and as far as carbs between 60-100, and sometimes around 30 a couple of days a week. I lost eating this way years ago and don't see why it won't work again. My previous experience with CAD/CALP is eating too much each day. You can't take in a lot of calories and lose weight! I exercise 4xweek, so that's on track. I constantly see people talk about eating these huge RM and about 2000 cals/day and then they wonder why they aren't losing. RM's aren't for loading up, and that is the truth. I maintained the ten I lost last year and now have to get off another ten this year, maybe fifteen if possible.

Good luck to everyone, and warmest wishes!
  #1976   ^
Old Sat, Apr-05-14, 10:05

Hi Suze!

New one day low this morning - 209.0. Yes!! I've found I'm getting fond of salmon and turkey burgers
  #1977   ^
Old Sat, Apr-05-14, 13:17
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 166/166/000 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciakr
Hi JaysDays! I'm sorry to hear you've been struggling. Please tell us how we can help.

Pat, I never did respond to your statement. Honestly, I don't know.

In my head this diet makes so much sense. Yet, my body just doesn't respond to it like I think it should. I just don't know how to make it work for me consistently...or I don't know why I can't stick to it consistently. Do I keep trying to make it work or do I just give up and assume that this isn't the plan for me? Then what is the plan for me? Something has to work. But what?
  #1978   ^
Old Sat, Apr-05-14, 15:33

Plan: Carb Addicts
Stats: 175/154/135 Female 5 5'
BF:
Progress: 53%

Hi everyone!!
Welcome Karegado; The atkins induction
always sounded real tough to me! Did you find it tough to do?
Hope you like the CAD style anyways so you can join us here!

Welcome Back Suze; I agree with you too, I need to keep an eye on my calories & not go too crazy at my RMs or else it definitely won't work out.

Hi JaysDays; somebody on this forum suggested to me that the best
plan is one you can 'customize' yourself so maybe even if your finding
things that are not working out; its only a matter of time until you do
find what suits you.

Hi Patricia; I love turkey burgers & salmon too!
  #1979   ^
Old Sat, Apr-05-14, 17:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysDays
Pat, I never did respond to your statement. Honestly, I don't know.

In my head this diet makes so much sense. Yet, my body just doesn't respond to it like I think it should. I just don't know how to make it work for me consistently...or I don't know why I can't stick to it consistently. Do I keep trying to make it work or do I just give up and assume that this isn't the plan for me? Then what is the plan for me? Something has to work. But what?

My big thing is food logs. That and reading labels like a fiend to be sure I'm not eating something at a cm that I shouldn't..and portions. I'd take at least a 1 week period. Re-read the book as needed during that week, log everything, get in enough water each day and if you are truly squeaky clean that whole week as per your plan, and your 7 day average doesn't show a loss, then reconsider.
  #1980   ^
Old Sun, Apr-06-14, 04:45
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-

first, welcome back Suze. I am so glad to see you back! I cannot imagine how your year has been- again I am so sorry for your loss.HI!

Hi Karegado! This is an amazing site to learn a lot about LC. I think Pat is giving great advice about logging food and reading labels (did you know most mayo has sugar!! I use Dukes), and reading the books and lots of old posts here. I also like the research area and articles from medical journals on LC.
Some people find that they really can't lose unless they keep their carbs to a certain level. Others it's also total calories.

Hi JaysDays- I don't know what is going on with you, but like Pat's comments. Sorry that this is so hard. Please believe me that for some people this plan can be verrrry slow. But it is the plan that works for me.

Hi MaryH!!

For me, the balanced RM is key. I eat a lot (a lot!) less carbs than some people who post here, but that works for me. I do the CALP plan ( or CAHHP- basically the same) so I have 2 CM meals with protein + veggies, and one RM with carbs added.

ANd PAT!!!! You keep going down!

Yesterday's RM: salad, burger, bun, and a half a marrow bone! YUMMMMMMM. Had onion, ketchup and lettuce on the burger.

Today is undecided so far. We are supposed to go out to dinner but have no plans yet.

Have a great week!

E
Closed Thread