Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1951   ^
Old Thu, Apr-18-13, 07:28

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 263.6/242.0/163.6 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 22%

Well, let's see - I have lost a little weight. Not the healthy way though. I did pills, under a doctor's supervision. I am returning to the doctor's office to follow-up since he's given me high blood pressure meds. I got into a spat with my would-be trainer. I want to talk, he wants to work. So, I don't want to work with him.

The dissertation writing is going torturously slow. Not because it is particularly difficult, but more because it is mentally challenging. Uhm, I have nothing else to report. Yep, I'm that boring, and frankly, THAT BORED!
Sponsored Links
  #1952   ^
Old Fri, Apr-19-13, 06:05

Plan: hcg
Stats: 180/154.0/139 Female 5 7'
BF:
Progress: 63%

Startinova, good for you on the weight loss. What are you writing your dissertation on? It's quite a feet to get as far as you have! Speaking from someone who is at entry level algebra.

Justin, how is my other amigo?? Yes, that's what we are, The Three Amigo's

SO up 8 pounds yesterday but lost 3 today. Thank you HCG.

Oh, I had a great surprise yesterday. I've been struggling with the idea of how to balance school and work when I go full time ( that's if I get into the program but different story). Yesterday I went into a store covered in paint. Usually you get the nasty looks, like hey lady, go clean up. BUT instead the store owner asked if I was an artist. She's looking for someone to paint furniture for her high end gift shop. I can paint what ever I like, she'll pay for the furniture and I get a 50% split with nothing out of pocket!! Happy dance! So many times when you rent space or do art shows, the cost is crazy expensive. You have to sell $1000 worth of stuff to break even. I really hope this works out.
  #1953   ^
Old Fri, Apr-19-13, 07:24

BF:

Kelley, I still love that you are making money doing art. I'm so jealous. Seriously. No really. That is the coolest thing ever. I draw a little, and I enjoyed my art classes. I love working with charcoals and acrylics. Ahhhhh
  #1954   ^
Old Fri, Apr-19-13, 14:48

BF:

Too bad you didn't live closer, I could put you to work
  #1955   ^
Old Fri, Apr-19-13, 18:10

BF:

OMG, hitting way too close to home. The Boston Bomber lives in my town. Thank God he didn't decide to set something off at home!! Scary!
  #1956   ^
Old Mon, Apr-22-13, 07:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 325/239/240 Male 6'5''
BF:
Progress: 101%

omg! That is scary, Kelleygirl.

sorry I've been MIA, I'm going through a bad depression, again! Ugh!!!
  #1957   ^
Old Mon, Apr-22-13, 18:52

BF:

No worries Justin, when you're ready come chat. Hope you feel better. If there's anything I can do, let me know.
  #1958   ^
Old Thu, Apr-25-13, 08:36

BF:

Hi all. My doctor wants me to look into the Dukan Diet. It is European I think. Anyway, on the web page it has a visual comparison of how it is different from Atkins. It looked interesting.
  #1959   ^
Old Thu, Apr-25-13, 08:37

BF:

Also, Justin, I hope you feel better. You are not alone though. Just keep going through it to the other end. If you need to see a doc for the depression - do that. No shame in getting yourself out of the dark. Got it?
  #1960   ^
Old Thu, Apr-25-13, 18:37

BF:

OK you two, we need to chat more often. I feel like our family is falling apart snif snif..just kidding. I am, however wondering about you two. You both mean the world to me and I want to be here for you.

So I'm 151 today which is over my 150 rule but not enough to piss me off. I've been very excited about the furniture/store job and decided to check into a studio. It's something my husband has always suggested (yeah we'll go with that) I get. I never had the extra money to think about paying rent so I painted furniture in my basement and garage. Yes, its messy and can take over. Today I was offered a very good deal $150 a month for a large studio with bathroom access (important feature). I'm so excited to have my very own art studio. Maybe there will be a hot guy next door LOL. Hey a girl can dream. That is exactly what I need, a dream. I need something besides food to fill the void.

Come on guys, whats happening with you. We've been here for over 2 years and it's never been this quite??
  #1961   ^
Old Sat, Apr-27-13, 11:14

BF:

Agreed! We are close friends and we're in this together.

Lots have been going on on my end, I'm quitting my job next month. I'm going back to school for some upgrading then I'm off to university. I'll be taking psychology... god I hope I'm doing the right thing. I'll be almost 40 once I graduate. LOL

Congrats Kelleygirl!!! Hopefully everything works out for you. and same goes for you, I care about you friend!! Dont forget it!

Startinova, how are you?

Sorry for the short message, I'm on my stupid cell phone. LOL
  #1962   ^
Old Mon, Apr-29-13, 13:42

BF:

Hey guys. I hope everything is starting to pickup for you all again. Guess who can't get rid of a bacterial infection? Yep. Back to back UTIs and bacterial infections. One of my docs said because I am so close to being diabetic that yeast loves me. Oh joy, and apparently bacteria!
  #1963   ^
Old Mon, Apr-29-13, 13:57

BF:

I did lose some weight though. Sooooo, yay. And, I started exercising finally. Yep. I said it.
  #1964   ^
Old Wed, May-01-13, 18:13

BF:

OK, we need to check in, YEP, playing the mom role.

Justin, you will be 40 when you graduate and I'll be 50. We can do this together!!!! Good for you!!. I can't say that it's easy but I'm loving the challenge. I've been back to school for two semesters and I just made my first friend. Do I sound like a teen??

Startinova, do tell more. How much have you lost? What's going on with your BF or ex bf. How's your son??

I'm up for a road trip this summer. We should meet. Am I the only one up for an adventure??
  #1965   ^
Old Fri, May-03-13, 08:07

BF:

Startinova!!!!! I'm soooo happy for you! How are you keeping up? Take care my friend!

Kelleygirl, I took the decision to go back to school hoping to get a better future. As much as I liked starting up the car sales business with my father I started thinking that this isn't for me. I need some slight upgrading then I'm all set to go to University. I'm thinking of taking up psychology, maybe in the process I'll figure out how to fix my nutty personality. LOL