Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#181   ^
Old Fri, Jan-09-04, 08:27

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200.5/200.5/165 Female 5ft 7 in
BF:
Progress:

IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!

Made it through 2 weeks now of Induction & exercising every morning (M-F)
and I feel GREAT!!! Hope it doesn't wear off to soon. I love the energy. We are having a grill out at work today to break up the winter time blues. Lots of different grilled meats & chili and of course people brought in sweets... but I have no desire AT ALL for them.... but I am craving the meats. It's so funny how our cravings change along with changing our eating habits.

You've been talking about Curves... I joined this past summer & loved it!!! - The school season started for my oldest son & back to the babysitter for my other son... during the summer my neice babysat during summer vacation, a way...
I can not and have not been to Curves since Sept. & it's only 5 miles from my house! I get out of work at 5pm (in another town) drive to the sitters to pick up boys and drive home. By the time we get home usually 6:15pm - it doesn't allow me time to set up the boys with ANOTHER sitter so I can get to Curves by 6:30 pm (their last workout time available). So, as a full time working mother of two very young boys - their hours of operation does not work!!!! And when I joined I thought it was so close that it would work out great for me. It doesn't!
And if anyone is wondering why my DH doesn't watch the boys so I can go exercise.... he usually does not get home until 7:30 - 8pm or later (farms & drives grain truck). So, I find myself up at 4:45 a.m. to exercise in the glow of my TV.... Seriously, it's the ONLY time I can find for myself is when the rest of the house is still sleeping.

If you have the time & it meshes with Curves hours - it's woderful!!!! But don't
waste your money by joining if you have a full schedule like me - Curves is not working mother friendly!!!!!! They need better hours.

Have a great weekend all!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #182   ^
Old Fri, Jan-09-04, 10:27

Plan: Carnivoire
Stats: 373.6/373.6/150.0 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Did my 1 mile video today
  #183   ^
Old Mon, Feb-09-04, 20:36
Fit and Happy

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 273/145/160 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:49%/24%/24%
Progress: 113%

I LOVE her sets. I have been doing them for over 3 months now and those tapes are one of the main reasons my body has reshaped itself. I usually do the 4 mile and 3 mile with weights and resistance band. Love 'em and they are used everyday!
  #184   ^
Old Mon, Feb-09-04, 21:48
Living Healthy

Stats: 281.4/239.4/145 Female 5'4"
BF:imp/rov/ing
Progress: 31%

I've finally worked up to the 3 mile video in the past few weeks. The first time I tried it I thought I would die. Now it's not so bad.
  #185   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 04:24

Plan: aitkins
Stats: 198/198/143 Female 155cm
BF:

Hi,
For my birthday this year my DH bought me some Tshirts, supposedly in my size. I could barely get them on. So that same day we took them back and I decided that maybe some exercise gear might be better. I got 2 pairs of training pants. We headed over to the dvd section and I was wondering whether they had exercise dvds. I found the WATP one (1 and 2 mile in one), and tried it once the first week. During that time I decided that I needed to be in shape for my 40th, a year away and came back to Atkin's. This past week I've been doing the one mile and loving it. Soon I will get up to the 2 mile. I've also been getting out for more walks and have started adding runs to my walk, first time was last night. WATP has given me the push to do that.

Cheryl
  #186   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 05:08

Plan: Carnivoire
Stats: 373.6/373.6/150.0 Female 65 inches
BF:

Started the 2 mile Last wednesday. 1 week later I'm still alive anyways

I find it very challenging but in a good way. I still do it 6 days a week and the gym 3 days. Hoping to stay with this one for 6-8 weeks then move up to the 3 mile.
  #187   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 12:05
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210.5/188.5/150 Female 66 inches
BF:too much
Progress: 36%

Just got the 2 mile video and I love it! I thought I loved Taebo but this is awesome! It definetly gives you a workout! Who would of thought you could actually sweat from walking!
  #188   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 16:35

Plan: aitkins
Stats: 198/198/143 Female 155cm
BF:

After saying just last night in my message that soon I was going to try the 2 mile walk, I decided to take the plunge this morning. I was dreading it, thought it would be so intense but it was so great, the time flew. I think that I'll just have to get that 3 mile WATP too. What I am going to do is the 1 mile on days when I have to work and the 2 mile on off days. My hours change a lot so on weeks like this one I'll only get one 2 mile in and weeks like next week it'll be 5 days.
Now I just need to find something to work my tummy just a bit more.
  #189   ^
Old Tue, Apr-13-04, 05:31

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 214/214/190 Female 5ft
BF:

Hi Surfnmom,it's been a while since I stopped here. I finally got a tredmill but now finding the time? I've been starting out slow on it,tho. at least 2-3 times a week. doing 5-10 minutes.
  #190   ^
Old Wed, Apr-14-04, 07:46

Stats: 239/168.2/150 Female 5'7
BF:whoa boy
Progress: 80%

I just started WATP today and I loooove it. I'm going to start out doing the 1 mile only each day for a week or two, then start on the 2 mile and eventually work my way up to 3 mile. Now I'm going to have to start a gym log...
  #191   ^
Old Sun, Nov-20-05, 01:19

Stats: 353/329/180 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 14%

I LOVE my WATP tapes...ive got the 1,2 and 3 mile. Ive only done the 1 mile so far. and it kicks my butt. But someday Ill do more. Gosh i need to dust off that tape, its been a couple of weeks since ive used it.
  #192   ^
Old Sun, Nov-20-05, 18:48
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 184/184/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Default Count me in!

Just ordered the tapes after hearing how well everyone liked them. I also just bought an eliptical machine, but I can't do more than a 1/2 hour on it...so I thought I'd add the 1 mile and eventually the 2 mile before jumping on the machine......I'll let you know how it goes when I get them!
  #193   ^
Old Mon, Dec-05-05, 13:12

Plan: what ever
Stats: 198/177/000 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 11%

wow nice to see this thread back. I loved my watp tapes, in fact they helped me graduate to the treadmill and running. Alot has changed in my life since I last posted. My husband of 30 years died suddenly last year. It has really been a hard road mentally and physicly. I totally could not eat and basicly lived off 3 beers and a salad daily. and I only ate for the kids as mom did not need to pass out and scare the crap out of them. I have since got my eatting habits somewhat back in order, Now I go on binges and throw up. but getting that under control. Would love to post my daily work out on this thread as well. I did take up playing golf to get out of the house and really love it. Look forward to hearing from anyone doing the watp or treadmill or walking out of doors. It all feels great Did 2 miles today
  #194   ^
Old Sun, Mar-26-06, 12:25
Registered Member

Plan: modified LC
Stats: 237/163/142 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

Now that spring is finally trying to come to Michigan, I want to take up walking. I have a wonderful Labrador Retriever who will be so very happy to be my walking buddy. I have a form of muscular dystrophy so I will have to be very careful not to over do at first. My muscles tend to tear easily and heal extremely slowly if they heal at all, but, I know from experience that I can benefit from walking. Today it is chilly but very pretty outside, perhaps I will take my dog for a walk this afternoon and make a good beginning. I'm wondering do we have any other walkers on this board?
  #195   ^
Old Mon, Mar-27-06, 09:21
Registered Member

Stats: 270/208.5/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 56%

I would really like to join your thread. I love walk a way the pounds. I was doing it everynight after dinner with the kids. Fell off the wagon been cheat free for about 60 days now just need to get back into the excercise habit.