Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1906   ^
Old Tue, Sep-08-15, 15:31

Plan: Atkins 72'
Stats: 329.4/254.0/179.4 Female 5'10"
BF:hmm..too much ;)
Progress: 50%

Well, dang, went up 2.2 lbs. First time since I started I have gone up. Culprits: 2 days in a row eating really late for me, 9 pm, (I usually try to eat before 6.) and yesterday I ate 3 meals instead of my usual 1-2. At least I'm not over reacting, still down 30lbs and under 300.

Not really a great day. Went to my Wound Care Dr., but instead of being released, there maybe a deeper problem than they first thought. The wound is healing great except a tee tiny spot in the middle. The dr. suspects that I may have a plantar wart that never surfaced, thus the reason I got the blister in the first place. Go back next week, if it hasn't healed completely, he is going to biopsy the wound, because evidently some plantar's can turn into skin cancer. He will call in a podiatrist to cut it out completely so I will be on another regimen until it has healed. Just gotta pray he is wrong and that my toe heals.

And to top it all off family situation is escalating...feeling a bit overwhelmed. Thank God for my hubby! He is so supportive.
Sponsored Links
  #1907   ^
Old Tue, Sep-08-15, 15:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 232/213.0/150 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 23%

Paulette. WF honey bbq sauce is sugar free, calorie free, fat free and gluten free. I ordered from walmart with my WF choc syrup. I had to order 6 at a time for free shipping. I can send you a bottle if you like. I got plenty
  #1908   ^
Old Tue, Sep-08-15, 16:31

Plan: Atkins 72'
Stats: 329.4/254.0/179.4 Female 5'10"
BF:hmm..too much ;)
Progress: 50%

Chris and Paulette: Whoop! WHoop! On you losses Keep it up!

Bernie, Jo, and Mo: Staying the course, way to go!

Paulette: OMG...that is a crime, throwing away that wonderful fat! You need to fine him,

Whirlly: Is Myrtle Beach the beach you drive to? I looked up Horry Co. Agriculture Ext. (it is run thru Clemson University) it gave me the addresses and times of the local farmer's market, but not really any farmers that raise and sell beef, pork, and chicken. I might give them a call since it wasn't on their website.
  #1909   ^
Old Tue, Sep-08-15, 17:36

Plan: Atkins '72 low carbs
Stats: 303/233/203 Male 5 ft 11 in
BF:
Progress: 70%
Default Still OP And Holding

"Holiday" yesterday? At least a half a dozen people (yes, I really do know that many people--they were all former classmates in Arizona) I know emailed me and asked me if I had a good "holiday" yesterday and this past weekend. Since I don't have a job anymore, I had a day like very other day on the farm. Chores and maintenance. I was hoping for some BBQd low-carb meat for dinner at the lake, but it ended up pouring down rain again so that was off. We got another 1.5". What we need is a holiday from the relentless rain and some sun only days for a few weeks.

I weighed 272 for three days in a row this morning. Went on my walk, which wasn't too uncomfortable because there was a good breeze that kept me cooled off some. After a shower, I headed to Melrose, 15 miles away, to get a haircut. Afterwards, I went to the auto parts store another 10 miles further in Keystone to get some new wiper blades. It had started raining hard before I left the house and my windshield wipers worked a little "iffy". Our little town has lost the only barbershop and auto parts store in town since we moved here. It still looked like it was going to rain all the way home. Patty said we got 3/4" while I was gone.

I stopped in Keystone at a Mexican restaurant mid-afternoon and had a T-bone steak and some shredded lettuce buried in crumbled cheese on top. And, of course, some extra hot, hot sauce on both. No chips, no tortillas, no rice, no beans. Ice water with two lemon slices. A good low-carb meal.

Our Rhode Island red chickens are not quite 6 months old and they are all laying eggs already. But most of the eggs are a little on the small size yet but they will get bigger by another month. Except for one hen who is ahead of the others and is laying one huge XXX-large egg every other day. Double yoke in each one of them. Her eggs are so big they don't fit into a regular egg carton. I don't know why this is happening but it is not a problem other than being a curiosity. Plenty of eggs for my low carb WOE.

Still looks like it might rain some more. Thunder and black clouds all around. Hasta más tarde...
  #1910   ^
Old Tue, Sep-08-15, 19:37

Plan: ZC Carnivore
Stats: 170/150/135 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 57%

Finishing up a book today on the science behind lc w.o.e. It said the scale is very unreliable daily for gauging wt/wt loss. The book suggested going by the average of 7 days -- weigh daily, write down each day's wt, then average the 7 (add all 7 wts, then divide by 7) to get a more accurate wt for that week. In the long run, that's all that matters. You can also take the 4 wkly averages, average those to see a more accurate wt/wt loss for the month. It's all positive. mo
  #1911   ^
Old Wed, Sep-09-15, 02:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 232/213.0/150 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 23%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamoney
Well, dang, went up 2.2 lbs. First time since I started I have gone up. Culprits: 2 days in a row eating really late for me, 9 pm, (I usually try to eat before 6.) and yesterday I ate 3 meals instead of my usual 1-2. At least I'm not over reacting, still down 30lbs and under 300.

Not really a great day. Went to my Wound Care Dr., but instead of being released, there maybe a deeper problem than they first thought. The wound is healing great except a tee tiny spot in the middle. The dr. suspects that I may have a plantar wart that never surfaced, thus the reason I got the blister in the first place. Go back next week, if it hasn't healed completely, he is going to biopsy the wound, because evidently some plantar's can turn into skin cancer. He will call in a podiatrist to cut it out completely so I will be on another regimen until it has healed. Just gotta pray he is wrong and that my toe heals.

And to top it all off family situation is escalating...feeling a bit overwhelmed. Thank God for my hubby! He is so supportive.

Tam, I didn't see this post yesterday. I'm sorry that you are having problems with your healing and your family. You have to take care of yourself first. Stay positive.
  #1912   ^
Old Wed, Sep-09-15, 04:54
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauletteB1
Good Morning Everyone! I find myself down .4 lbs this morning. Not the whoosh I wanted, but I will gladly take it.
Huge Congrats on the 0.4 lb down, Paulette! Every ounce down is a VICTORY!
Quote:
We never did get to grill the ribeyes yesterday because we had no charcoal. Today for sure! I am having Ed cut my steak in 1/2 before grilling them so I will only have an 8oz steak rather than 16! I do not need a whole flipping steak! The 8 oz steak will be 567 cals and 45g of protein and that is plenty for me. If that whole steak was on my plate I would eat it all, I KNOW that. And Ed will be happy to have extra steak for himself.
Yep I'm exactly like you, if it's on my plate, I will EAT IT! So that's why I control my portions so religiously!
Quote:
I might even have some lettuce with my steak. Undecided on that yet. Don't really like the stuff, but it is a possibility. I will definitely have tuna/mayo later on. And I will chop up a pickle spear with it! So that's it for my carb splurge.
WOW you're a WILD WOMAN with your carb splurge!

Seriously, look at the mindset...you are considering lettuce and pickle as your "splurge"! You've come a LONG WAY, baby!

Actually we all have, haven't we?? And it really is a mindset!!!

Keep Fighting the Good Hard Fight, Paulette because you WILL be ONE of the 5%!
  #1913   ^
Old Wed, Sep-09-15, 05:07
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by shades65
JO:
I know you were not blaming and I did not mean it to come out that way.
okay good, cause I can't read your facial expressions on here!
Quote:
I was just using that comment as an example for some thing so small can throw us off the fantastic losses we get on this WOE.
Not only throw us off our losses, but then we start getting the cravings again... it's a vicious cycle when we eat OP then eat off plan, back and forth and forth and back... just more sane to stay OP every day and let the magic that this wondrous LC WOE promises...cause it really does WORK like magic compared to all of the other "diets" out there, IMHO!!!
Quote:
I am now wondering if I had not switched to the Almond milk with a cup of cream per half gallon if my weight would have dropped like it did or if it was just getting ready to drop anyway. I rarely have a three in a row dropping days. Yesterday was a super hungry day for me at 1045 calories and still I dropped another .4 today. IS my system so sensitive to the carbs I have to literally drop them lower than 5 a day? Us carb addicts have really upset the apple cart so to speak when it comes to processing carbs. So far this Almond milk seems to be working for me. I am going to stick with it as it is a way to lower my carbs with out depriving. One night I even took 6 TBSP of it with some sweetener in it and drink it with a spoon and it was very good. Next try will be slushy freezing it to see if it makes ice cream? And YES I know this could be a slippery slope so not going there for awhile. 6TBSP would be 1 carb.
You'd drive yourself crazy trying to crack that nut! Was it the Almond milk or not etc??? You'll never know. But why question it since you DID lose the weight? All good things!!!

I thought your Almond milk had 1 carb for 8 oz? 1 fl oz = 2 T, so 8 fl oz = 16 T.
Quote:
Well as said above I am another .4 down this morning. This is amazing for me. Happy Happy. I am really looking forward to seeing the 170's on my scale. I have not been this light in over 15 years.
WOW that's FANTASTIC, both your scale victory and your NSV about being at this weight 15 years ago! HUGE CONGRATS on both of those! Weeeeeeeeehoooooooooo! You've GOT THIS!
  #1914   ^
Old Wed, Sep-09-15, 05:10
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauletteB1
I decided not to eat my ribeye today and save it for a special occasion. We didn't get any charcoal and I want to save it for when we do.

I went to the kitchen to put my steak in the freezer when I saw Ed cutting up HIS steak into strips and throwing away the fat! He was going to make steak tacos from it!!!!!! O. M. G. If I knew he was going to waste a perfectly good expensive ribeye on tacos I would have got a cheap cut of round steak or something!!!!!!!!!

I just about cried.

At least I still have MY ribeye saved for a special occasion!!!! I have it cut in half and I will actually have 2 special occasions!!!!

HA HA. Ed will not have ANY of mine!!!! He wasted his!!!!
OMG! That's all I can say since we now have a man ( Hi HH!) in the house! SO I'll leave it at that!
  #1915   ^
Old Wed, Sep-09-15, 05:12
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlygirl4
That was me. I just reread "the book" to get myself motivated.
Okay thanks, cause I thought I was going crazy there for a bit when I couldn't find the ding dang post...gosh we do post bunches and bunches! Gotta LOVE it! Cause I do!
  #1916   ^
Old Wed, Sep-09-15, 05:28
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Oh girlie, don't stress overmuch about the bump up, remember if you're eating OP 100%, it's just that demonic infernal contraption we call a scale being uncooperative!

Fluctuations of weight is not uncommon! I swing between 114-117 lbs on any given day! Since I KNOW I'm eating OP 100% every single day, I DON'T give the SCALES the POWER to ruin my mood or my day!

Remember, we can ONLY CONTROL what we EAT, NOT how the scales will REACT eh?
Quote:
Sorry to hear about the report from your wound care doctor! I hope and pray it's nothing!
Quote:
Just remember to look out for number "one" ~ YOU! Don't let any of this affect your journey to a happier, thinner and HEALTHIER you and seek out some time to pamper yourself and relax!!
  #1917   ^
Old Wed, Sep-09-15, 05:29
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Bernie, Jo, and Mo: Staying the course, way to go!
Thanks girlie! I ain't changing a thing cause I REFUSE to REGAIN!
  #1918   ^
Old Wed, Sep-09-15, 05:36
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHunt
"Holiday" yesterday? At least a half a dozen people (yes, I really do know that many people--they were all former classmates in Arizona) I know emailed me and asked me if I had a good "holiday" yesterday and this past weekend. Since I don't have a job anymore, I had a day like very other day on the farm. Chores and maintenance. I was hoping for some BBQd low-carb meat for dinner at the lake, but it ended up pouring down rain again so that was off. We got another 1.5". What we need is a holiday from the relentless rain and some sun only days for a few weeks.
at your friends asking how your holiday was!

My dad & twin bro live in Florida too! Dad's in Orlando TB is in Deltona! I've been beggin' them to send me their rain too, but no such luck! Pffffffft! We sure could use it out here in New Mexico!
Quote:
I weighed 272 for three days in a row this morning.
hey that's a nice NSV, better the same then up eh?
Quote:
I stopped in Keystone at a Mexican restaurant mid-afternoon and had a T-bone steak and some shredded lettuce buried in crumbled cheese on top. And, of course, some extra hot, hot sauce on both. No chips, no tortillas, no rice, no beans. Ice water with two lemon slices. A good low-carb meal.
Way to go with the low carb Mexican meal!
Quote:
Our Rhode Island red chickens are not quite 6 months old and they are all laying eggs already. But most of the eggs are a little on the small size yet but they will get bigger by another month. Except for one hen who is ahead of the others and is laying one huge XXX-large egg every other day. Double yoke in each one of them. Her eggs are so big they don't fit into a regular egg carton. I don't know why this is happening but it is not a problem other than being a curiosity. Plenty of eggs for my low carb WOE.
How very cool to have your own fresh eggs! I get mine from one of my vet's assistants! Jumbo size brown eggs for $3 a dozen! So I'm a happy camper. Thought about getting my own hens, but don't know if I have the desire or the time to take care of 'em! So probably a no on that front!
  #1919   ^
Old Wed, Sep-09-15, 05:50
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Wednesday, 9 September 2015

Happy Hump Day Hard Core Warriors!

May the SCALES be with you all today!

Wishing all of the Warriors continued success on your journeys to being healthier and thinner!

Anyhoo...It's hard to believe it's already Wednesday, where in the heck do the days go??

Just started week 4 of school (only 33 more to go)! BTW that is not in any way a celebratory count down, just stating the facts...

The kiddos can't believe we're almost 1/2 done with our first quarter! Holy Hannah, they also comment on the speed in which the days are flying by!

I have the best kiddos imaginable ~ well I always DO!

Forty min classes "ain't" nothing when we're having fun and learning to boot! I've set my cell to sound off 5 mins before the end of the periods because time flies by so quickly that I don't want to be caught unawares! And with 2 min passing periods, it's crazy FAST!

When my alarm goes off the kiddos are as surprised as I am that it's time to start wrapping things up!

Gotta love my kiddos, in every class, when I give 'em the 5 min warning before the bell, most will say...WOW I can't believe this class is already over! Truly is remarkable how quickly it does fly by!

Most want to stay longer but I have to literally push some of 'em out the door and send 'em off to their next classes!

Gosh, I LOVE LOVE teaching my kiddos and sharing all my hobbies with them! Best job in the world ever, IMHO, at least for me!
  #1920   ^
Old Wed, Sep-09-15, 05:53

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Good Wednesdsy Morning Hard Core Warriors

132 no loss no gain. NSV in my book

Yesterday went to OS. Two more weeks in boot, then two weeks to transition into regular footwear! Yeah, looks like no PT or special insoles or braces. It doesn't get much better. I can still drive, walk and bike. No strenuous activities. No problem I got this. I see OS again in 4 weeks at which time I should be discharged Oh happy day when that happens

Today is work and errands.

To all warriors with losses today awesome victory

To all warriors with no losses, NSV or small water gains stick 100% to HCA-72 and the transformation of mind, body and spirit will happen!

Have a wonderful day Warriors, and take care
Closed Thread