Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#151   ^
Old Fri, Sep-17-10, 08:54

Plan: vlc
Stats: 272/272/152 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:let me look, yep
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma-of-4
Oh I wanted to share. I was at the new house last weekend and we don't have a microwave there yet and I wanted some cooked cheese so I threw a piece of cheese in a pan on the stove and after it started to brown on the bottom I put anouther one on top. When they got to were I could flip it I did and cooked for a minute and took of as soon as I could. The outside was darker and the inside was gooy. It was soo good. If you didn't see it hen you ate it you would swear you were eating a grilled cheese sandwich.

ohhhhhhhh that sounds good....i love grilled cheese...last night i wanted so bad to make my taco shell out of cheese but had enough carbs from my muffin so didnt
Sponsored Links
  #152   ^
Old Fri, Sep-17-10, 08:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma-of-4
Day 4 down and determined

wooohoooo great job...you can do it....it just gets easier from here
  #153   ^
Old Fri, Sep-17-10, 09:01

This is where I got the recipe that I made muffins out of...

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=416032

I tweaked it a bit...I made mine into muffins...I used a real egg instead of a substitute...I used the same amount of pumpkin as I did the protein powder...I used half oil and half water as my liquid...I used splenda as my sweetener...I added a little vanilla and a little cinnamon and I put butter with some cinnamon on top..I also added some vanilla sf syrup...I tweak alot...lol..
  #154   ^
Old Fri, Sep-17-10, 09:35

Plan: VLC
Stats: 270/201/160 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 63%

saved that. It looks soo good.
  #155   ^
Old Fri, Sep-17-10, 14:18

Plan: general low carb/my way
Stats: 195/180/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 30%

hola fronm sunny hot punta cana. i am not being a really god girl,,but not terrible either. have stuck mostly to plan, but went out last night with my niece and a bunch of her dominican friends..got very drunk..danced my butt off..had a blast

just checking in!! back home on 27th
  #156   ^
Old Sat, Sep-18-10, 08:06

BF:

Hi lynn!!! Soo glad your having fun! We miss you!

I made it to the house last night. The baby puked 3 times!! He is at the age when the other started getting car sick. So now all 4 of my gets are car sick

Bacon and eggs for me this morning. Im being a good girl
  #157   ^
Old Sat, Sep-18-10, 08:06

BF:

oops thats kids
  #158   ^
Old Sat, Sep-18-10, 08:13

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 326/235/180 Female 6 ft.
BF:
Progress: 62%

Momma-of-4,
I never liked to give my kids medication unnecessarily, and I don't know how you feel about it, but Dramamine helped my daughter's car sickness--it sure beats the puke bucket!!! I HATE puke!

Have a great LC weekend.

Laura
  #159   ^
Old Sat, Sep-18-10, 10:10

BF:

I give that to my 11 year old and my 8 year old it. My 2 year old won't take anything and if my 11 mo old. gets sick again i'll start giving it to him.
  #160   ^
Old Sat, Sep-18-10, 23:10

Plan: Depends on the Day
Stats: 221/169.6/145 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 68%

I'm here!!! Anyone miss me????????????

Mommy, I don't know how you can handle puking kids for that long of a drive, Josie on the occasion gets car sick, but thats if we take corners to fast in town.. Your doing great staying on track!!!!!!!!!!!

Stacy, your fast looks like it worked. One heck of a sacrifice though! I did a fat fast once, hard boiled eggs and mayo for 3 days only 1000cal a day. I thought I could never eat an egg or mayo again. I still can't eat deviled eggs, turn my stomach every time.

Well ladies, I have been really buisy. For most of the week, I havn't even been fixing supper!

Starting Monday,we started stripping down and painting the newer horse trailer. Its not done, I need to do the touch ups yet, and HB has to put the hardware back on.

My horse lost her marbles and decided to throw big fits and I have had enough of her brown a**. She's going to the horse sale in 2 weeks, whatever she brings, it doesn't matter. I am on a hunt for a new ride, was going to get a baby at the sale, but I kinda like the idea of getting a broke horse, but no charity cases! Either it needs for me to totally train it or it is totally traned already. I don't want anymore she-bit***s!

Got my first customer today, did anyone know that I repaired saddles? It must be a well kept secret. Got the work done, it wasn't a big task, but it helped boost my confadence! He's coming to get the saddle done tomorrow, my first paycheck.

I am also working on a saddle for myslef. That wasn't the original plan for it, but if I get a new horse, I am going to need a saddle. Got most of it done, already, bean working on it slowly for the last 2 months. I'm sewing the seet on now, it will take forever to get the stiching done. Funny thing, I am happy to do it. ----------

The washing machine gave out last Sunday evening. My mother is in Florida (Im in Iowa) and she is returning with her father and many of his things to disperse to the family. I am getting the washing machine, one of the other cousins is getting the dryer and she's mad because she wanted both. ------What a whiner, I talked about it to Mom before anyone else even thought about the machines. "Thank you Mom!) Wont get the machine till the end of the month, and then it has to sit outside in the shed for a few more weeks. Moms father has roaches in his home and we want to make sure Florida roaches don't multiply in my house and make Iowa roaches.

Did I mention that I have been eating VLC for 2 days now? I've had cravings but so far, its been fairly easy, I have even been eating left over steak!
  #161   ^
Old Sun, Sep-19-10, 08:30

hi sexy and lynn....of course we missed you both....me and momma said that several time....yep sexy i know you fixed saddles and i know about your new logo, i read your journal, i just dont post as I get lazy, SORRY....

i have even got lazy on here with posting....

congrats on your vlc days, it is such a great woe, ( but thats my biased opinion...lol)

have a great sunday all...stay strong...i will be back i need to get groceries etc...

Today is week 2/day 1 of my couch to 5k.....I can do this...

Meals today will me meat and bacon and eggs only...YUMMMMM
  #162   ^
Old Sun, Sep-19-10, 09:16

BF:

Whoo hooo Sexy!! Glad your getting a new dryer but what are you going to do thill then? Day 3 is the hardest for me but you can do it!!

I am hurting really bad today so I'm not gonna do much. Today is day 7 for me and so far so good. I got the family pizza last night and really wanted a salad so I had a small salad that was mostly bacon and ham and a big juicy steak and 2 lc beers. So it was a higher carb day probably around 9carbs but I will have days like that once in a while. It's better than eating pizza and I enjoyed my meal just as much as they did.
  #163   ^
Old Sun, Sep-19-10, 18:05

BF:

Today's gonna be anouther higher carb day. More like 9 again. I guess I should just be happy it's not worse. I made cookies for the kids for dessert and sent the rest to the neighbor so they wouldn't be hear to tempt me. I'm being tempted by some bacon right now though. Today is gonna be a higher calorie day too. Oh well. Debating between cheese burger or deviled eggs with my bacon.
  #164   ^
Old Sun, Sep-19-10, 20:20

no worries momma 9 is not a high carb day and your right could be much much worse....I had bacon and eggs for dinner myself...was busy during lunch time, so no time to eat....made deviled eggs to take to work so I will be prepared for the week...we must of been in the same mind set.....have a great night.....
  #165   ^
Old Sun, Sep-19-10, 20:56

Plan: Dirty Carnivore.
Stats: 191/163/140 Female 53"
BF:
Progress: 55%

Hi guy's or gal's, It looks like everyone is struggling but sticking with it. (with the exception of ljsmom, so proud of you,) I can't seem to get my fat butt moving. Maybe you will be my motivation.
I have been steady for 7 days straight and yesterday made bread for DH & mom & dad. I was resisting all day and finally MOM said, oh, 1 piece won't hurt you.........Well, one bite did, it made me binge all the rest of the night, it went from a quarter size of the bread to a big hunk and of course the bowl of cereal I was wanting all week and for desert, 5 miniature candy bars. UGH! I was sick all night.
I am a carb/sugar addict. I cannot have one bite ever, ever,ever.
I did get right back straight today though and even when our new neighbors invited us for dinner, I only ate chicken and a sausage. I explained an allergy so's not to hurt their feelings. But the red velvet cake she made sure looked INCREDIBLE.

Yall hang in there, we all struggle from time to time.
Closed Thread