Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-09, 06:01
at peace with myself

Plan: Healthy choices
Stats: 201/191.6/144 Female 5 ft 8n
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default What is the grossest thing you eat (in non LCers eyes)

We have done this thread before. I thought I would start a new one because it is fun.

What do you eat that non low carbers find gross?
(I am sure that other low carbers would share in the joy of eating it though)

I eat most all of my meat with mayonnaise dips...or even just plain mayo. Everytime my husband hears the squirt of the mayo bottle he says, "Gross!"

Last night I was also filling up a spoon of melted butter and then sticking a shrimp in it because I was trying to up my fat % for that meal. That was almost a little much for me. I probably won't try that again.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-09, 07:17
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 332/303/160 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 17%

The only thing that I do that really grosses my family out is when I suck on a pat of butter by itself. Now, I am not talking about regular butter from the grocery store (that is just gross). I am talking the kerrygold irish butter. When I am craving "something" and need a snack, sucking on a pat of my special butter usually hits the spot.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-09, 07:41

Plan: Atkins/HF
Stats: 251/219/165 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 37%

Probably putting coconut oil in my coffee raises the most eyebrows! My husband and daughter are used to it, but whenever I do it somewhere other than home.....people think I'm nuts. I carry a small container of it with me in my tote bag and will put a tablespoon in my coffee if I need to up my fat percentage for the day.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-09, 07:47

Plan: My own lc plan
Stats: 169/167/135 Female 5'6.5"
BF:
Progress: 6%

My coworkers think that heavy cream is gross. I brought in a carton to store in the fridge, and all of a sudden I got a barage of comments about how it is so unhealthy and has too much fat. Meanwhile, they happily spoon powdered partially hydrogenated oil and corn syrup (nd creamer) into their coffee, stating its fat free!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-09, 08:00
at peace with myself

Plan: Healthy choices
Stats: 201/191.6/144 Female 5 ft 8n
BF:
Progress: 16%

Yeah I get raised eyebrows from my family when I put cream in my coffee too. I don't know if they think it is gross or if they just think I am crazy.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-09, 08:00

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 290/141/130 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

When I remove the skin from chicken for certain recipes or from my husband's portion (he hates chicken skin) I then lay the pieces on a baking tray and roast it in the oven to make myself chicken cracklings! He can't understand how I can sit down and eat such a 'gross' snack!
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-09, 08:05
Give A Damn

Plan: Primal Blueprint
Stats: 293/234.4/175 Female 5' 5 3/4"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Butter...

Two ladies I know of, one being a personal trainer and the other on South Beach, both cringe when we get together. I slather my butter.

They use margerine

Lisa
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-09, 08:20

Plan: Eating healthier
Stats: 185/178/150 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

I wouldn't say it's gross but I do get looks when I buy the quart size container of heavy cream. People are probably wondering 'what the heck is she doing with all that heavy cream?'. Afterall, my Mom only bought it maybe once a year when she was making whipped cream for something and even then, she would buy the 1/2 pint container.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-09, 08:29

Plan: No idea
Stats: 145/-/125 Female 165
BF:
Progress: 125%

Suet

And Tallow.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-09, 08:31

Plan: Generic low carb
Stats: 212/167/135 Female 66.75
BF:
Progress: 58%

The fat on a piece of meat! I had prime rib in a restaurant the other night. I cut a piece off the edge, which was mostly fat, put a little grated horseradish on it and sighed with satisfaction - it was SO delicious. Before lowcarb I would have thought that was disgusting.

Last edited by HappyLC : Sun, Jan-04-09 at 16:05.
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-09, 09:12
Grease is the word!

Plan: PSMF/IF
Stats: 236/181/180 Male 72 inches
BF:disappearing!
Progress: 98%

Fried eggs 'n pork rinds. Fried beef or pork fat. Beef sweetbreads (pancreas). Baker's cooking chocolate
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-09, 09:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/241/170 Female 5'4"
BF:40%/31%/29%
Progress: 5%

butter, mayo, pumpkin soup! I made pumpkin soup and some people wouldn't even sit next to me while I ate it because the look of it made them feel sick!!
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-09, 11:14

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgremoo
My coworkers think that heavy cream is gross. I brought in a carton to store in the fridge, and all of a sudden I got a barage of comments about how it is so unhealthy and has too much fat. Meanwhile, they happily spoon powdered partially hydrogenated oil and corn syrup (nd creamer) into their coffee, stating its fat free!

They are lying. Anyone who thinks heavy cream in coffee is gross, is hiding in the closet. The reason I say this is there is a 1/2 gallon of heavy cream in the fridge in the teachers lounge and I didn't put it in there. So who did? C'mon reveal yourself.
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-09, 11:22
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb / IF
Stats: 156/132/128 Female 65 in
BF:17%
Progress: 86%

I eat sardines out of the can- They are so portable! I can take them with me and whenever I get hungry I just pop the top and enjoy. - They Do have a bit of a fishy smell so I try to eat them in my car or away from strangers...Yummm. I love sardines.
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-09, 11:23

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Actually my family thinks that everything I eat is gross...shirataki noodles, low carb gravy, french fried turnips, steak.

I grew up in a household where chittlins were regualr part of our vocabulary as well as being on the dinner menu. My mom made the best french fries and I know that it is because she fried them in lard. Sadly, we got away from that. Happily I am right back to that.

Oh this just occured to me. I love liver, eggs over medium, and sauteed zuchini/onions...delish!!!

Last edited by black57 : Sun, Jan-04-09 at 11:39.