Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1756   ^
Old Thu, Apr-19-18, 12:12

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Count me in on the meet up, and early next year would be better for me too. This summer and Fall are pretty well booked for me. We have that 3 week European trip + cruise coming up in October and this summer we're going to Myrtle Beach for a week to see DGS15 play baseball. Plus I have the Scottish fling at the end of May!

Just back from our outing. Sis and I both found a deal at Soft Surroundings on a hooded pullover that will be perfect for my trip to Scotland. Just right to wear on the plane too. Anyway, regular price was $79.98 and it was on sale, plus another 50% off today...got it for $19.99! I got a melon color and Sis got pink....score! Sis found a pair of pants at Chicos and used her 40% off coupon. We had a nice little appetizer lunch and are now home for the rest of the day. I don't think working out is going to happen today, but there's always tomorrow!
Sponsored Links
  #1757   ^
Old Thu, Apr-19-18, 17:41

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Nic---Raising my hand too, and with enthusiasm, but like you, it will have to be sometime next winter or even early spring. Also totally agree you are the queen of planning, and we have now unanimously elected you, but just know, I'm here to help in any way I can. We WILL NOT just dump this on you.

Hopefully we'll be moving sometime in the fall, or early winter, and so much to do thru all that there will be no vacations till it's done. In fact, we are not even going to our beloved Door Country this summer, first summer in 28 years we won't be there.

OMG, you're taking a line dancing class?! How fun. Ever since I saw "Urban Cowboy"---LOL, jumping on the dating oneself train---I have thought that just looked like so much fun. And you don't have to be Michael Jackson to look good doing it! You'll all be glad to know I was not similarly inspired by the idea of "riding the bull."

Lori---Sounds like you and your sissy are having your usual cozy/good time. There is a Thai chain here called "The Big Bowl" and they have an entree called "bang bang shrimp" and it is my absolute fave! Yeah, it's hot and spicy but I love hot and spicy. BUT, only w/rice, which mitigates the heat. So it's been quite a while since I went there and had it.

Trig---So incredibly cool about your daughter's art award for her "doodles." Sometimes that is the way, in that when you're not trying so darn hard, you're just free to soar. I just love that she has this talent! There are many

Jaz---I have been to Wild Fire several times, as we have a couple/pals who live out that way and always want to eat there. I considered it for us to meet at too, but in the end went w/the cozy little river town. Food at both places is so darn good.

No, not going to the Prince Tribute, although I'm a big fan. BUT, I have a most excellent story about when he did a jingle for my client at the time (teen girl's chain store) when he was just starting out here and trying to make enough money to get to LA to cut a Demo w/Capitol records. YEP. Spent 3 days in the studio with him! I knew I was in the presence of a musical genius. It's QUITE a story and I'll just bait the hook---will save it for when we ALL, hopefully get together.

Sorry the conference was a dud, but like you said, got you here for our meet up, let's talk about what's important! Bet you're happy as a clam to be back home in your lovely "doll house."

K-mom---Yeah let's start again next week w/the water thing for me. It's not that I'm not drinking my usual 3/3, I am, and sometimes like yesterday, even better, but for whatever reason, not good at recording it here lately. Actually been a bit busy.

Wow, bravo on taking on the fast. I have never done one, but it's good to know you have experience with it. People I know who have done it say there is some struggle at first and then you get this kind of "fast high" and it really cleans out your system. I'm glad you're doing it with a buddy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My energy level is up and down these days---still struggling w/sinus problems, see the ENT doc next week. BUT today was like I had jumping beans in my pocket, thanks in large part to my son.

We were chatting on the phone this morning, and it was so darlin'. He has transitioned from feeling sad we're selling the house he grew up in to being our cheer leader in the process. He's all about us getting rid of stuff and getting out of there. LOL, I think it may have occurred to him that he sure doesn't want to have to clean this place out.

So after I hung up w/him, I attacked my office w/a vengeance. I have been making half hearted attempts in these last few months, but today I was like the proverbial bat out of Hell. My office is lined w/built in bookshelves and those shelves were stuffed w/books and all kinds of stuff. Boxes and bagfuls are now ready to get out or here. More to go. Next up, clothing. I'm going to be merciless. Starting to catch the bug on this unloading thing!

Had dinner out w/a pal last night. This week has been busier work and social wise than I've experienced for months. Place we went was amazing---art deco renovated old hotel restaurant in the neighborhood. STUNNING. We just did happy hour apps but I confess to careening off plan. Not a binge, just not Low carb.

On plan today. Have more to say on this whole issue, but I'm tuckering out, will save for tomorrow.

Last edited by Blue52 : Thu, Apr-19-18 at 18:00.
  #1758   ^
Old Thu, Apr-19-18, 17:52

BF:
Progress:

haha,---in re-reading my post I saw that I just left a sentence to Trig hanging. I do that sometimes when the words I want aren't quite there yet. This time I forgot I left it hanging.

"There are so many..." Mystery solved---...ways to use that talent. Good graphic artists make real good money. Think logos and marketing/website/internet design of all kinds. Then she can have her personal art shows on the side and never have to be "a starving artist."

PLUS, she'll be computer savvy about how to do it, thanx to you always providing the best artistic tech tools to her---best investment you could make, imo, DON'T STOP investing.

I mean, think about what parents spend to have a kid in hockey, OMG, or many other sports. When a kid shows you they have a special talent and enthusiasm for it, I say get right behind that!!!

Even if she leaves art behind as her major interest, the successes she is experiencing now with her natural talent at it will serve her so well in the future. Is there any greater gift, other than love, that we can give our kids than the confidence to know they have gifts, and they can make them work in all sorts of ways?!

Last edited by Blue52 : Thu, Apr-19-18 at 18:08.
  #1759   ^
Old Fri, Apr-20-18, 05:25

BF:

Good Morning!

Sun is shining brightly this morning, but it's still chilly. I must bundle up and get out for a run/walk this morning before we head out for the day. We're not leaving till around Noon and going for a late lunch and then a little shopping at Ulta and a few other places. We want to be off the highways before the Friday afternoon crazy traffic kicks in.

DH is going to our daughter's this afternoon and staying overnight tonight. Her boys have the start of little league baseball tomorrow with a parade & then our oldest grandson has a high school baseball game. She also needs some help with yard work, so DH will help her with some Spring clean up. I'll be heading home by noon tomorrow, so the cat will only be alone for about 24 hours. DH will put extra food down and she has her litter box.....she'll be fine.

Trig...I hear you on remodeling etc. My kitchen and my bathroom could both use a spruce up, but when I think of the $$$....OY! I'd rather go on a vacation and just live with it the way it is! I am going to have to bite the bullet soon and put new flooring in the bathroom as well as an updated vanity etc. What will push me to do the kitchen will be when the fridge or stove dies. I have already told DH that we will replace both when one goes and might as well do the floors at the same time. More $$$ flying out the window!

Jaz......hoping you are home safe & sound and have your pup back with you. Hope you didn't have to go into the office today.

Blue...sounds like you are tackling the clear out big time this week. I am the same way once I get started.....stand back! I need to do some more of that at our house too. Too much "stuff"! I am dreading the day when DH's elderly cousin passes away as we will be left with her HUGE house and more "stuff" than you can imagine. We will need professional help to deal with it all. I don't even want to think about it. She is 89 years old and doing ok for now, but we know what is coming.

Nic....I, too, will be happy to help with details of our get together next year. We certainly don't expect you to do it all. Any big plans for you and your family this weekend?

KMom....hope you're doing well. Will you have a busy weekend? Hope your weather has started to moderate a bit.

Off for another cup of coffee.....have a great day everyone!
  #1760   ^
Old Fri, Apr-20-18, 07:30

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Did a 36-hour fast. I did not eat anything yesterday. It went really well. I will try another one next week.

Lori:
Sounds like another fun day with your sister. It is so great you guys enjoy being together so much. ~ I bet your DH really likes helping with the yard work for DD and also going to the baseball games. ~ I couldn't believe it when you said you WENT to a Soft Surroundings store. I assumed it was only online shopping. I goggled and sure enough we have one fairly close to me. So then I googled..NorthStyle, as I like that catalog too. Nope. No stores. But I am excited to go and see Soft Surroundings. At JJill, you can go in the store and order something online and it is shipped FREE to your home. Then you can try it on, and if you don't like it, you can bring it back to the store. So it is like trying on things free! I have a bad taste in my mouth from ordering something I thought I would love (based on the picture) and then not liking it. I had paid shipping TO ME, and then needed to pay shipping BACK to the store. So that is why I absolutely love JJill. No shipping costs either way! There clothes are expensive, but they have good sales. Plus I really love their clothes and how they are made.

Jaz:
Hope your trip home went well. Come back soon!

Trig:
Hope you like the gym the hubby wants you to see. I think it could be fun going together. My hubby loved working out every morning. Wish i could love it. I read somewhere....maybe YOU shared it...that some people's bodies actually drag them to the gym. It was so interesting. It was saying something like some people's bodies actually have a pull to go and exercise. Does that sound familiar to you? My body actually drags me to the recliner! Not good! But I am pushing past feeling lethargic most of the time.

Nic:
For sure we all will help you! I am clueless about that place, but I could help in any other areas needed. ~ Line dancing! Love it! I would like to do that too! ~ Salsa chicken. How do you make that? I have a jar of salsa I need to use. I have just fried the chicken breast and melted cheese over it and added some salsa. But I would like to know how you make it. ~ I looked at the trailer for The Silent Place. I am concerned because SD experienced so much trauma in her life. I don't want anything to remind her of it. Like times she was really afraid. I wanted she and her boyfriend see, "Room," but she was left in a room for many days without food or water. So again, I don't want anything to trigger those painful memories. "Wonder" was great! But thanks for the info on that movie. I went to a mall last night to return something to JJill and then walked around. It was a mall I don't generally go to. I noticed there was a movie theater in the mall! So I might just go and see that movie (if it is there) and evaluate it for them. And I might go to more movies! I was actually kind of excited to start thinking about that. I could go to the mall and walk and eat something LC, and then go to a movie! Fun!

Blue:
Loved the story about your son becoming a cheerleader for you guys! Interesting how he made that switch in his mind. ~ Good job on attacking your office! Little by little. I remember when I was attacking my house - seven kids and 30 years of marriage worth of stuff! I am not a hoarder, but I am not like Trig either. Somewhere in the middle. Anyway, some days I would feel like it was futile. I could barely notice the difference. Oh, I was also through all my school stuff. Anyway, my DDAS said to me one day, "Mom, it is not infinite. You will get it done. Those papers you are recycling will not come back. Those clothes you are giving away will not return. Those knick knacks and other stuff will stay gone. Just keep going." Such a wise daughter. So I say that to you too, Blue. That stuff is gone for good!

Me:
So happy about the fast yesterday. My kitchen stayed clean all day! Got lots done. I was like Trig yesterday. Zero carbs! ~ Our weather here is jaw-dropping! From snow a few days ago to the 50's today and then 60's in a couple of days. And the sun is shinning brightly.

K-Mom 10x4
  #1761   ^
Old Fri, Apr-20-18, 08:20

BF:

KMom...so impressed with your fast! WOW! Do you feel light as a feather today?

I believe Soft Surroundings will order for you as well and then you could return it to the store. I heard them telling someone they could order something for them when we were there yesterday. Check it out! We do that at Dick's too....we will order it and ship it for free and people often bring back online orders for return at my cash register. Easy!

Back from my little 2 mile run. OMG...the wind. Thank goodness for the sunshine, but the wind is biting. Time to hit the shower before Sis and I head out. We're both looking forward to a Caprese salad and meatballs for lunch.
  #1762   ^
Old Fri, Apr-20-18, 15:06

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Short post- recovering from post trip = recovery! Personals tomorrow when I am not so tired I could curl up and sleep under my desk- that was even with a nap at lunch- full schedules and flights- traffic ect ect ect.... you all been there- re entry.
Years with all the Christmas lights- MAGICAL!!!!

Home- flight stellar, traffic, typical sucked- went to bed late- up early. Worked from home. Monday of laundry. So here tomorrow.

Pulled out bag chicken thighs- and shrimp - tossed it on grill. Never Gott outta pjamas . Kid here tomorrow- will get caught up tomorrow. I am up 6 pounds dam it . Great food there- but I ate more than normal- not off plan- just more.

Love my trip anyway- BLUE/ KMOM- all good!

Till tomorrow
  #1763   ^
Old Fri, Apr-20-18, 17:43

BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

K-mom---Congrats on the fast! Was it hard for you to do? How did it make you feel? What do you think the benefit was? Haha, I'm Ms. quiz today, but I am curious.

I ABSOLUTELY love what your daughter told you about cleaning up. That thought was so helpful to me today when I looked at my office and realized how much more there was to get rid of just in here. I have to compartmentalize, one room at a time, and the phrase, "it's never coming back" is unbelievably soothing to me. Thanx so much for sharing.

Lori and Trig---I have one thing to say about re-doing anything in your house. If you're willing to sell it "as is" no worries as long as the "dated" or whatever, is fine w/you---with the caveat that bathrooms and kitchens are uber important to buyers and take down the price of the house more than anything if they're super dated or in bad shape. IOW, this is money you always get back and then some.

BUT, if you think it needs to be re-done to get what you want out of your house, then do it now while you can enjoy it awhile. Glad we got our bathroom done, finally, and have enjoyed it at least for over a year, but really wish we'd done it sooner. Hate to leave that new bathroom!

Lori and all---There is a CDC warning on romaine lettuce, which I buy all the time as it is my fave for salads. E Coli outbreak in 16 states, Pennsylvania hit the worst with 12 cases. Many have been hospitalized from this. They say it's hard to be specific as to exactly who and where we need to be concerned, because no matter the "brand name" you don't know where it came from, and they haven't identified that yet.

Jaz---I bet you're tired, pal. Traveling is exhausting these days, and you and I both hate to fly. But, love what Nic said about Southwest...and it's true of almost any airline company. Much safer than the cars we hop into every day without a thought.

Cool you chilled and stayed in your jammys today---have fun w/your son tomorrow.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After my whirlwind of activity yesterday, I was a lazy daisy today. Got just what I needed to get done and then read my book and fell into a nice nap.

On plan again today, but to be honest, struggling with staying there for more than 4 or 5 days at a time. Combination of factors here. Late spring---need that refresh, rebirth button, continuing sinus issues that drain my energies on and off, headaches persist---ENT appt. next week---WHICH makes me a lot less likely to put the time into my woe I need to in all ways, and finally, a lot of bigger things on my mind all around.

I would say I'm in a severe phase of being tired of LC foods, but that really isn't fair as I KNOW darn well that when I'm up and at 'em on this woe, I really like the food and know there's plenty of variety.

SIGH. Not giving up or in, CAN'T. And, am happy that my weight remains the same it has been for what seems like forever now, and my clothes are not pinching. Have to keep in mind that I'm still eating about a thousand times better than I was in my SAD days.

But I wouldn't mind a sudden whoosh of up and at 'em on LC, not just going thru the motions. I take heart in Nic's experience of sliding around for a bit, and then coming home to LC again.

That's the thing. As K-mom says, "LC is my default." Or, where we basically live.

Last edited by Blue52 : Fri, Apr-20-18 at 17:48.
  #1764   ^
Old Sat, Apr-21-18, 04:41

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Blue so hear ya on so many ways to turn with a art/creativity type life....I know she can have a lot of ways to turn in a career for sure that makes me feel good she wouldn't be a starving artist LOL I can't afford that and retire also

So glad you hit into declutter mode like a tornado I swear it is so liberating to unload stuff. Less junk around you and one feels lighter, at least it is that way for me

Kitchens and bathrooms are the most important for value, so agree with that about selling/buying. I just hate to even think of the work involved. You know anything out of my routine is not a good thing for me in that I don't even want to think about down time with no kitchen working. I know I could do it as a fast remodel actually, I have a smaller galley type L shaped kitchen but what is funny is that I cook less and am in there less now and I keep thinking let the next buyer sink the money into it. On the fence a bit but our firm decision is in 5-6 yrs when kiddo decides college direction etc...I am unloading this place and moving on. Still thinking on it tho.

Lori, so get ya on remodeling, but floors. hmm, floors are a biggie. Do you need newer sub flooring and all that? I have to say my floors are the best part of the rooms, HA HA, well no, not that bad truly but my floors are the things that are best and don't really need updating. We did the 2 bathroom floors earlier with newer nice flooring so I am safe in that dept. I also would rather spend money on vacay and more than into a house I know I am moving. But I think you aren't moving right? Your home is going no where so the money spent in your home is a good move if you are staying put!!

KM, ya had me laughing. Your body calling you to the recliner I have that problem also But I need to move more again, I got winter lazy and that is never good. Congrats on your fasting! Key is eat very very very light and extreme low carb on re-entry to food. That way you get all the good benefits from your fast! Keep on rocking!

HI Nicco and Jaz...Jaz sounds like you do need a recovery time rest up and relax

Charleston sounds good, so we are looking at like Sept, Oct, Nov of 2019? Is that right? Put us all together and we will spell trouble for Charleston I bet HA HA I am actually already planning trips for those times, I hope I don't overlap and all. I do lock in trips very very well in advance but I think all will pan out.

So today is kinda in the air. Might drag kiddo with us to examine the gym we might join today. Other than that nothing planned today.

Brrr outside, back down into the 30s, had to put on the heat. Come on already! I need real spring where I need no ac or heat happening

making chicken and dumplings for family to gnaw on today.
I will do pork chops. Hubby did a lot of skewers of shrimp on the grill last night and we have leftover, so will team up the shrimp and chops for me.

quiet here. everyone snoring away, me typing away but have to round up laundry stuff etc and get that moving....so off I go to try to get moving , everyone have a fine day
  #1765   ^
Old Sat, Apr-21-18, 05:32

BF:

Good Morning!

Sis just got up and said it is 33 degrees. WHAT??? The dang winter will not let go! This Spring has been a massive disappointment. We've been robbed!

I'll be heading home by around Noon today. DH is at our daughter's, so my cat is home alone. She is fine, but I know she's wondering where her people have gone. We didn't arrange for the pet sitter to come since DH left late yesterday afternoon and I'll be home today. He gave her extra food and made sure her litter box was clean and ready for her. She's great about using that. Never any messes. Anyway, I'm ready to go home and I'm sure DSis is ready to have her apartment back to just her and her normal routine.

We had fun yesterday shopping at Ulta(20% off!) and then our wonderful lunch at Maggiano's. Caprese salad, a chopped salad and a yummy meatball. We were stuffed!

Blue...yes, we are hearing about the Romaine lettuce scare. I will not be buying any. I know they are scurrying to find out the source of the eColi, and have advised not eating Romaine from anywhere. At first they just said don't eat it from Arizona, but now they've broadened the warning.

No.....I will not be moving. We live in a family home that will never be sold. It has been passed down thru the generations since it was built in 1852. I don't like to think about it, but if I am ever left alone, I WILL be moving, but the house won't be sold. I cannot live in that big, old place by myself. I think that the next generation to live there will be our Grandson. I'd hate to think that there will be no one from the family to continue living there. Anyway, time marches on.

Ok...time for another cup of coffee. Sis and I enjoy our leisurely mornings of sipping coffee and just hanging out.

Have a good Saturday!
  #1766   ^
Old Sat, Apr-21-18, 09:21

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Blue:
My fast was amazing. I absolutely loved it. Trig wrote this morning warning me to eat light the day after. I sort of knew that, but the minute I started eating in the morning (the day after), I was hungry all day. Both head hunger AND physical hunger. I at LC, but next time I will eat a lot less. I topped out at 22 carbs, but I ate a lot of food.

I will do it again next Thursday with a buddy on the other thread. If anyone wants to join me, I could just post the same on this thread.

The admins do not support anything past a 23.9 hour fast. Not sure how they came up with the number. So I do not want to promote this too much.

On the day I fasted, I felt great all day. My mind was keen and alert. I got a ton of stuff done.

I did not have much physical hunger, but a lot of head hunger. I drank two cups of coffee and two glasses of Crystal light. They both seemed like a treat to me. I drank six glasses of water. I slept great. I was actually a lot less hungry when I went to bed compared to times I have a lot of food for dinner.

I have done this in the past. Sometimes two full days in a row. I remember on day three feeling kind of an euphoria.

So those are my "fast" details!

Oh, I lost three pounds, but gained back two today. That was kind of disappointing as I had a good LC day yesterday. But my body is fighting losing weight. It is totally different than before the meds.

K-Mom 10X4
  #1767   ^
Old Sat, Apr-21-18, 10:39

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi everyone,

Sort of playing catch up here and for no particularly good reason, it just happens sometimes.

Re: remodeling: We are good on the kitchen, family room etc. Whole house needs to be painted inside. Bathrooms besides the basement one need to be remodeled. None of them are that large though. Before we move we would replace the carpeting- only the upstairs bedrooms are carpeted.

Bathrooms will likely start to be done next year and the painting also because the house really needs it.

Re: Charleston- I would be good with a trip around Feb-March of next year depending on everyone's schedules. Fall 2019 is far enough out that I have nothing on the calendar as of yet.

Blue- If you are managing well with 4-5 days on and then an off meal or whatever, but your clothes and scale aren't reporting an issue with it then I'm not sure I would fret over it. Are you feeling worse from it?

Lori- Glad you had fun with your sister and hope your trip home is uneventful.

KMom- Your fast sounds like it was painless for you and you actually enjoyed it and reaped benefits from it. I'm glad to hear it!

Trig- Another option for updating the kitchen might be cabinet refacing. We did that with this house, added slider shelving and a few extra cabinets but refaced the existing ones. Also put granite on. But no moving out of the kitchen was needed, I think the whole thing took two days and was a fraction of the cost. People comment nicely on our kitchen regularly. Just a thought.

Jaz- Glad you are home and back to warmth again. Take some time to get cozy and settled. I know Bella will be glad to see you again!

DH and I had fun at this birthday party last night for my local Bestie. She does a good job of having her friends meet each other for craft nights and such and so there were familiar faces. The food was okay, the music was too loud for the space but it was really fun anyway. I think DH had fun too. He is under a crap ton of stress and I am honestly trying to be sympathetic. OTOH some of it could be avoided if he didn't always strive to be the leader of everything he does. Ya know? Not being of that personality, I sometimes just don't get it. Bah.

Anyway I just had a good week last week, life is good for me personally and I am just cruising on along toward the end of the school year.. crazy!
  #1768   ^
Old Sat, Apr-21-18, 16:09

BF:

Home safe & sound. Traffic was a little crazy at a couple points on the way home, but not bad overall. I got home around Noon. I got all my unpacking done and the mail sorted and now have just been taking it easy. I should have gone out for a run, but am planning a long-ish one for tomorrow, 4-5 miles.

DH should be home around 7 or 8 tonight. He called to make sure I got home ok. He was at DGS14's baseball game. He will have dinner at our daughter's and then head home.

Tomorrow will find me tackling a mountain of laundry. I have Monday to work on it as well if I don't get it finished. I want to hit the gym Monday too. I was supposed to work Monday night, but I got one of the other girls to take my shift. She needs all the work she can get, so was happy to take it. I work Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Saturday nights. The following week I work Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Saturday...all late nights. Sigh......

Hope you're all enjoying your weekend!
  #1769   ^
Old Sat, Apr-21-18, 19:30

BF:
Progress:

Hi gals,

Trig---Agree w/what Nic said---easy and MUCH less expensive to just re-face your cupboards if you do decide to do something. That's what we're doing before we put the house up. Everything else in our kitchen is fine. Lucky us, hubby's cousin is doing it for us at a great price.

Think it's so cool you guys are joining a gym, and so reasonable. Would be great if kiddo and the pork chop got into it, great family activity.

Lori---So interesting about how your home has been in the family for over a hundred years! Would love to see a pix of it sometime via e-mail---bet it's a lovely old home with the kind of woodwork and materials you just don't see these days.

K-mom---Loved hearing about the fast. I had a pal who did the "Master Cleanse" which is 10 days! Just water w/Lemon and a tad of maple syrup and cayenne pepper. She said after the first 3 days she often felt euphoric. However I must add, she looked wan and weak to me. I could/would NEVER do that. But now that you know how to come out of it in a better way it will be interesting to hear what your next one is like.

Nic---"If you are managing well with 4-5 days on and then an off meal or whatever, but your clothes and scale aren't reporting an issue with it then I'm not sure I would fret over it. Are you feeling worse from it?"

No, I'm not feeling worse from it. A little bloat now and then after an off plan meal, but nothing to write home about, and it's gone w/in a day back on plan.
You're so right on the fretting. I think it's just that for so very long I went for so much longer on plan. I know the carb hound is still alive in me---have had him pretty drowsy for years. I think he's getting a bit friskier, and I have to keep an eye on him. So every once in awhile, I need to write about it so I can see my thoughts out loud, so to speak.

Charleston---I too can do Feb or March of next year. I can do fall of next year too, although sounds like Trig is already somewhat booked. It will be a challenge to find a time that works for all of us, but let's all keep in mind we're just talking ONE weekend, in an out, totally fab in-between. Let's keep working on it, maybe everyone throw out some weekends that work for them from Feb on?

Love hearing you're feeling that "happy, life is good thing" vibe. So great when we're in that mode. Sounds like your hubby asks a lot of himself. Over achievers
are admirable in so many ways, but yeah, sometimes you just want them to chill.

OTOH, having brought home the major bacon for years, I understand your hubby to an extent. And, from what I know of it, yeah there is ego involved, but also the feeling that my family's life as we know it depends on me doing well. Lots of pressure. Just something to think about.

Jaz---missing you here, but totally understand. Hope you've had a great time w/you son, and that you are feeling so great to be home.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really, not much else to say for me today. Sometimes you just want to add in w/your pals, and that's all.
  #1770   ^
Old Sun, Apr-22-18, 04:19

BF:

Good Morning!

The only trip we have talked about for 2019 is Key West in February, which will be over President's Day weekend. I think the dates will be 2/14 - 2/19 give or take a day or two.

Blue...our house is not a fancy Victorian style. It is a very simple 2 story brick Federal style. It was/is your basic farm house. We still have the barn, but the chicken house and smoke house are gone. It is red brick with green shutters and a nice front porch. Thru the years it has been remodeled and upgraded to improve insulation and heating, so it has not been kept original by any means. The fireplaces(4) are no longer functional etc. The most special part is thinking of all the family members who have lived here. My MIL told me many stories about growing up here with her grandfather and parents and siblings.

I went to bed early last night but didn't sleep very well. Finally just got up at 4:45. I have a feeling that the 4-5 mile run is going to be a bit of a struggle.

This morning I'm thinking of my friend from England who is running the London Marathon this morning. She is out there now...26.2 miles.....can you imagine? It is supposed to be unseasonably warm there today, which will be hard on the runners. The high today will be 71. Very warm for London!

Jaz...hope you are recovering from your trip. I'm sure you won't be ready to see Monday morning tomorrow. I suppose you have school work to do too....busy girl!

Trig...what did you decide on the gym? That could be something fun for all of you to do together. Getting in the routine is the hardest part. I'm still working on that at my new gym. I need to be more consistent. I have been focusing on the running more than the gym lately trying to get ready for this darn race.

KMom...interesting how you said you felt so clear headed and energetic while your were fasting. I think that is common in people who fast. I really need to get back into at least intermittent fasting.

Nic...hard to believe that the end of the school year is coming up! Maybe it would seem more like it if we would have had Spring weather. I feel like it's still Winter time! I think tomorrow will be 67 degrees and then it will only be around 60 for the rest of the week. Better than 40, right?

Waiting for DH to get up so I can get my laundry started. I got some new clothes from a couple subscription boxes that I need to wash and find a place for in my closet. I only bought one thing from my Stitch Fix box this month, but I have another box that I started getting that sent me a couple things that I love. Both boxes were here waiting for me when I got home yesterday. It was like Christmas!

Happy Sunday!
Closed Thread