Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1891   ^
Old Wed, Jul-19-17, 06:31
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Default Wednesday, 19 July 2017

Happy Hump Day, Warriors!

Hope all is well and wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day!!

Stay Warrior STRONG!

Carb-Free Food for Thought:

...as long as you look upon being off your (low-carbohydrate) diet as part of your future plans, you will NEVER solve your weight problem.

This can only happen when you accept the reality that if you have a weight problem, you must STAY ON A DIET FOR LIFE.

~ ~ Dr. Atkins | A '72 pg 157

Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
JO, oh I hear ya it was needed repairs!! I hate when things 'have to be done', just means you HAVE to have them attended
Exactly! But that's the JOY of home ownership huh?
Quote:
I like projects where you can wait , put them off, HA HA One reason can't wait for my RV freedom, we will be without a house for the first time and I just can't wait to walk away...never to use a friggin' lawn mover ever again in my lifetime but that has to wait tho for now!!
Yeppers, I hear you on the wait thing...

You've got what 6 more years before your DD graduates! But she's incredibly smart, so she could graduate from HS early and you could be in your RV traveling before you know it!
Quote:
just super busy
kiddo is doing friend things and keeps me running here and there
hubby is a pain as in he has alot of back pain and is moping around and I feel for him, but geez ya know. It is what it is after all these years of back troubles and it seems when he goes down he kinda takes me down also LOL
Wow sorry to hear about Tony! Hope he feels better soon!

Hey when does your DD go back to school??
Quote:
I made the best little chicken meal the other day. Just flattened out a chicken breast, sautee in pan, threw some crumbled bacon I made the other day on it and small bit of melted cheddar on it...all with a little sprinkle of cajun seasoning. delish. I think more chicken is in my future
That sounds de-lish!

I chicken & I spicy hot! As long as I have a bottle of hot sauce, life is GOOD!
Sponsored Links
  #1892   ^
Old Wed, Jul-19-17, 11:53

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Hi All...

I hope everyone is have a fantastic OP day.

I have the 2 little ones today, so am busy, busy. Hopefully my son will get off early today and I can go home & REST.

I have been sorting the kids massive amount of toys ...I know it won't last but I feel somewhat productive! Gotta go play now.

#1893   ^
Old Wed, Jul-19-17, 20:33

Plan: Atkins '72 version'
Stats: 264/232.2/150 Female 5.6
BF:
Progress: 28%

Hello warriors

Its been a busy 2 days here. Had to go to Nashville Vanderbilt hospital for my youngest daughters appt yesterday. Was gone all day and eating on the road again....Super bummed out about her hip issues. She had spinal fusion last year to correct her scoliosis. It still is out at the bottom of her spine and her right hip is higher than her left so.....if they fuse her lower she will have very little movement so we are just leaving it alone.
Today we spent all day in pigeon forge......I told my family next time I suggest that lock me in a room!!!!The traffic was enough to DRIVE ME INSANE...

207.5 not worrying about the scale not moving down it will eventually. Everything is back to normal and I WILL not be eating out for awhile. Looking forward to cooking my own food. I will say that the clothes I bought after losing down to 210 are getting baggy. I think I am losing inches

I need to get caught up and read all the post and journals.

Heres to staying OP 72 warrior style
  #1894   ^
Old Thu, Jul-20-17, 03:16

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

Karen...,Good in a way you are spending lots of time with kiddo. Just think in a couple of years she will be driving and just bothering you for the car keys! Enjoy this time My friend from work use to always say happiness is acceptance of the moment in time we are at! I hope Tony feels better better back pain is no fun!
De... Have fun with the grands. I also am constantly rearranging their toys just to keep it organized in the bins. Now the oldest ones are getting it and constantly tell me don't worry they will organize their toys! Yay 🎉🎊🎉🎊
Jo.,. How is everything by
You my dear friend! How long before school starts. Mine grandkiddies head back August 22nd. DSGF just finished summer school teaching so
Next week she is off with mom to see twin in Texas!

Have a terrific Thursday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #1895   ^
Old Thu, Jul-20-17, 06:55
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Thursday, 20 July 2017

Happy Friday Eve, Warriors!

Hope everyone is doing well and wishing each of you a totally terrific day in every.single.way possible!

Stay Warrior STRONG!

Not too much happening here. Still chil-laxing and doing everything I want!

“You can eat a lot or a little and still lose weight without a moment’s hunger as long as you cut CARBOHYDRATES DOWN LOW enough.”

~ Dr. Atkins | A '72 pg 40

De: Sounds like you had a good time with your grands and was productive sorting out their toys!

hm6: So sorry to hear about your DD's spine issue.

Very very nice NSV with the looser clothing and awesome attitude about that demonic evil contraption we call a scale! The only thing we can CONTROL is what we eat!

Eating out is real tough for me... Imma always suspicious (aka paranoid ) about what might be in the food since I don't watch it being prepared... I can't tell you the last time I ate out, it's been that long...

Some people might think that's extreme...but I am solely responsible for my good health and I don't take chances by eating unknown things...

Berni:I've got 18 more days of summer break left and loving every single moment!

WOW your DSGF doesn't get much of a summer break, huh? But that's cool that she teaches summer school! Wishing her and her mom safe travels to Texas!
  #1896   ^
Old Thu, Jul-20-17, 07:20

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

JO back to school here is Aug 28 which is coming sooner than later
She goes to new school, into middle school for 7th and 8th, then changes again for HS. So there are alot of 'come visit the new school' stuff we are attending, all crammed toward 2nds week in Aug...will keep us hopping.

Hear ya on the hot and spicy. Same here, gives such a great flavor change. Love the spice!!

DE....omg the toys. I remember donating and throwing so much plastic toy crap out it was insanity. And the money for the plastic junk wasn't cheap either LOL Tons of strawberry shortcake, care bear stuff thru the roof, Barbie and so much more. SO HAPPY that time is over on buying and haven't been to the 'toy aisles' in a long time now LOL, don't miss it one bit

HM6 hope your DD comes thru this all ok. Med situations are rough!
Just keep working the A72 and you will get great results and eating at home is way preferred than eating out. I love controlling my own food

Bernie, OH MY!! driving is coming up now faster than slower and in sight. good thing she can drive the lawn mower and golf cart I dread it but I will get her a car right off the bat. No one is taking mine and leaving me stranded LOL I hope everything is going ok with the service for your bro and all. Hope all that flooding is under control and everyone came thru ok!!!
Life sure can throw us curves!!

Morning everyone!!!

got 2 nice ribeyes to eat today whenever. Defrosted a pack of 3 so will give one to hubby for his dinner. Beef holds me SO well. I like that. The not being hungry feeling I get with good beef!

have to hit the road today and errands, deliver some stuff etc. Kiddo has ear ache...hmmm, had some ear antibiotics from a couple years ago and used that and HOPING it works on her. Waiting for her to get up and see if it is trip to urgent care for new meds for this ear or if we got away ok and she is on the mend? will see soon

off to get moving. everyone have a fab day
  #1897   ^
Old Thu, Jul-20-17, 07:36

Plan: Atkins '72 version'
Stats: 264/232.2/150 Female 5.6
BF:
Progress: 28%

Hello Everyone....Happy Thursday

206.5 so that dreaded demonic scale (thanks Jo, thats the perfect name for it)moved today

Just taking Emilee to the orthodontist today to get the wire replaced on her braces and stopping by Same club to get some food in this house.

JustJo
Quote:
So sorry to hear about your DD's spine issue.

Very very nice NSV with the looser clothing and awesome attitude about that demonic evil contraption we call a scale! The only thing we can CONTROL is what we eat!

Eating out is real tough for me... Imma always suspicious (aka paranoid ) about what might be in the food since I don't watch it being prepared... I can't tell you the last time I ate out, it's been that long...

Some people might think that's extreme...but I am solely responsible for my good health and I don't take chances by eating unknown things...

Thanks Jo! Also I don't think its extreme not to eat out! Your right, there is no telling what they put in food!!! At least when I cook I know what I'm eating.

School starts Aug 1st first here so Emilee's summer is a short one :/

Stay strong warriors
  #1898   ^
Old Fri, Jul-21-17, 03:21

BF:

Hello warriors,

Hm6.... Sorry I missed posting to
You yesterday! Congrats on the scale moving again. My prayers and positive vibes for you and DD. My DD had a curvature of the spine she had to wear a brace nighty for a couple of years starting around 12. It was a contraption for sure had to get it on then
Turn it to tighten so it helped straighten the spine. Oh lord the cries of hate during that period. Hey it worked and her posture and spine is better than ever!

Karen... day sounds wonderful busy as can be and ribeyes when you get hungry. Yepper I agree don't let those kiddos strand us when they start driving. My DD knows to have extra set of car seat for kiddos. I can't be stranded and not be able to get back home or elsewhere and waiting on her. Probably because she has stranded me on occasion and that was it. Thank for concern on bro burial and celebration of life dinner. It will all be finished on Sunday and then I must strive to accept what happen and make peace with it and keep moving. A wise friend once told me that happiness is only achieved by acceptance of things that happen and moving forward!

Jo....18 days and back to school! Wow did that fly be quick. I do luv the excitement of the grandkiddies getting back to school supplies. They get so excited yesterday oldest GD was already picking out her back to school clothes and shoes. Wow she growing up quick!

Have a fantastic Friday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #1899   ^
Old Fri, Jul-21-17, 06:38

BF:

HM6 don't worry on the scale. It will move and you will get great results as long as you stay on plan at all times and just let the scale take care of itself. ONEderland is coming your way

Bernie, ahhh, I love that!! One must give some acceptance to situations in order to move forward and keep some happiness in your life. I so agree with that. And there is stuff in life we must deal, we all have no choice in the matter.

I hear ya on being stranded! I got stranded a few times in situations and knew it would never happen again to me So agree on that one!!!

HI ALL
Hubby just left to take MIL to hospital for that outpatient gallbladder surgery. He has a very long day but does ok thru it all. Got someone to work his day so all good on that since today was his first day back to work. Fingers crossed all goes fine!!

Very hot here. Woof! Love it I am melting but geez I enjoy the melt HA

kiddo's ear is on the mend and seems fine. Hooray, that I think is over now! Something we don't have to deal with anymore.

nothing much doing today, this and that as usual.

everyone have a fine day
  #1900   ^
Old Fri, Jul-21-17, 07:42
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Friday, 21 July 2017

Happy Friday, Warriors!

Hope all is well and wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual

Stay Warrior STRONG!

...if you CHEAT, if you start loading in carbohydrates, suddenly you’re starved.

You hate yourself but you can’t stop eating.

The pounds and bumps and bulges pile back.

Up goes your weight, down goes your energy.

~ Dr. Atkins | A '72 pg 34

Karen:
Quote:
JO back to school here is Aug 28 which is coming sooner than later
Yeppers, I hear you!
Quote:
She goes to new school, into middle school for 7th and 8th, then changes again for HS. So there are alot of 'come visit the new school' stuff we are attending, all crammed toward 2nds week in Aug...will keep us hopping.
Your DD will do great! I think the hardest thing for them is changing classes.

Which is really a cool thing! Like I tell my students, if you don't like teacher X, you don't have to spend all day with her/him. And the same is true for the teachers, if we don't like YOU, we don't spend all day with you either!

Middle school here is grades 6-8. I've been in places where 7-8 grade is called jr. high school. Some places even have grades 7-9 as jr. high. Weird right?
Quote:
Hear ya on the hot and spicy. Same here, gives such a great flavor change. Love the spice!!
I don't like it so spicy hot that you can't taste the flavor of anything else...but the right amount and it compliments the dish perfectly!
Quote:
have to hit the road today and errands, deliver some stuff etc. Kiddo has ear ache...hmmm, had some ear antibiotics from a couple years ago and used that and HOPING it works on her. Waiting for her to get up and see if it is trip to urgent care for new meds for this ear or if we got away ok and she is on the mend? will see soon
Hope that your DD's ear ache goes away... could it be water in the ear due to all that pool time???

And you posted this today:
Quote:
kiddo's ear is on the mend and seems fine. Hooray, that I think is over now! Something we don't have to deal with anymore.
That's great that she's fine!
Quote:
Hubby just left to take MIL to hospital for that outpatient gallbladder surgery. He has a very long day but does ok thru it all. Got someone to work his day so all good on that since today was his first day back to work. Fingers crossed all goes fine!!
Wishing your MIL a speedy recovery!

hm6:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hindman6
206.5 so that dreaded demonic scale (thanks Jo, thats the perfect name for it)moved today
WTG, hm6!

Keep eating 100% OP and that demonic contraption really DOES show us the fruits of our labor!

You're welcome about the name for that thing!
Quote:
Thanks Jo! Also I don't think its extreme not to eat out! Your right, there is no telling what they put in food!!! At least when I cook I know what I'm eating.
Exactly! Imma glad you feel the same way I do!
Quote:
School starts Aug 1st first here so Emilee's summer is a short one :/
So what grade is Emilee going into?

If she starts that early, that means she'll be done by mid-May 2018 right??

So how many kiddos do you have?

I'll share first: I have/had three kids. My eldest would have been 37 this Feb, he passed away at 24 from cancer. I have two DDs, one will be 35 in Dec and the other will be 33 in Dec... I have a 17 yo grandson from my son. They all live in Phoenix and I have my twin brother, an older brother and my dad who live in Florida... I live in NM and will move to Phoenix when I retire from teaching in the next couple years or so... at least that's the PLAN!

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Thank for concern on bro burial and celebration of life dinner. It will all be finished on Sunday and then I must strive to accept what happen and make peace with it and keep moving.
Reposty from my own journal from your post this morning:
Quote:
I am so sorry that you have to take care of all of this yourself. No one is really prepared when someone we love passes...

He knows that you loved him and you're right, he is now safe with your parents, in a better place with no more pain or disappointments...

My heartfelt condolences to you, dear friend, and to your family during this difficult time!
Quote:
A wise friend once told me that happiness is only achieved by acceptance of things that happen and moving forward!
Wow that's a wonderful quote...Imma stealing it and using it as one of those Carb-Free Food for Thought thingy!
Quote:
Jo....18 days and back to school! Wow did that fly be quick. I do luv the excitement of the grandkiddies getting back to school supplies. They get so excited yesterday oldest GD was already picking out her back to school clothes and shoes. Wow she growing up quick!
That is so cool that your oldest GS is excited about going to school! The kiddos grow UP too fast!

Is Makayla the only one not in school now?

Here in NM, we do a Back to School Gross Receipts Tax Holiday every year which means sales tax exempt w/e for school related supplies and clothing. This year it will be Aug 4-6. Of course, those of us that don't have kiddos, avoid the stores like the plague those days!
  #1901   ^
Old Fri, Jul-21-17, 09:33

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

T G I F

Omg...it's 8:30 am and I'm already worn out doing some housework and yard work early this morning! Time for a break with my iced coffee!

I will be heading out to Trader Joe's in a little bit then I wil chillax for awhile. Gotta pick up some lettuce, cream, chicken and more. I grilled some chicken thighs last night and they were great. It does help to keep busy and away from food. I find that the busier I keep myself the less I feel like eating.

Everyone have a great Friday and weekend.
  #1902   ^
Old Sat, Jul-22-17, 05:50

BF:

Jo, yea, I hear ya on the weird set up for middle or jr. high etc. I guess we are all different around the country with what grades go to what school because of building new schools?? I mean our middle used to be the high school til they built the new one across the road from the old then filtered some grades into that old school from elementary and all that mess LOL Then they slap a name on it. I tell ya a ton of new giant schools were being build around here not that far back.

DE, wow you are moving fast this morning gal! Same here with moving vs. sitting and thinking about food Pace yourself thru the day, it just started and we have a long way to go til nightime, lol

HI GUYS

MIL did fine. She is uncomfortable cause it was surgery and gallbladder loaded to the max with stones. They blew her guts up during surgery so she is home getting rid of all that air and healing up now. So far so good!

woke up in a sick manner. Would you believe I got some kind of small earache! Then I got kinda a sore throat. And I got a super duper clogged head feeling. And I 'feel that cold' type sick taste I know when I get a head cold. A real one. Not a sinus thing. BLECK. taking meds etc for all symptoms and hopefully this will ALL go away sooner than later. Like a friggin' hole in the head. Didn't even see this coming really. what a pain!

hubby off to work, kid sleeping and only near 8 and usually I get moving fast by now but I am dragging. So I am gonna stop typing and go into my bedroom and turn on tv and chill. Might fall asleep again , who knows. I got that no energy feeling so I am gonna just move slow thru the day and whatever gets done, gets done, what doesn't, doesn't!

have a great weekend all
  #1903   ^
Old Sun, Jul-23-17, 05:40

BF:

HI EVERYONE...good sunday morning!

my little bit of sick seems to be leaving which is good
whatever it was is mostly over, on the mend. hate any kind of sick

nothing much today. so hot here but I love it
will swim a bunch, relax type day. I decided I am piddling thru this day and not doing hardly any chores etc. My day and why not!!

All good here. Hope everyone has a fine day!
  #1904   ^
Old Sun, Jul-23-17, 06:30

BF:

Hello warriors,

Quick drive by to say hello and I am thinking about all my warriors friend today!
Yesterday was service and burial for my brother! Sad but it was beautiful!
Today is luncheon to celebrate his life!
Staying 💯 on plan nothing sounds good right now but I just get it to go! Hunger will come back !
Have a spectacular Sunday enjoy your day and take care of yourself!
  #1905   ^
Old Sun, Jul-23-17, 06:41
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Sunday, 23 July 2017

Happy Day, Warriors!

Wishing all the warriors a totally spectacular day in every single way possible!

Stay Warrior STRONG!

“What people fail to realize is that while protein and fat have satiety value, carbohydrates actually PROVOKE HUNGER by stimulating the insulin release that sends the blood sugar plummeting down.”
~ Dr. Atkins | A '72 pg 32

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
It does help to keep busy and away from food. I find that the busier I keep myself the less I feel like eating.
Same here, De!

Most peeps would think that as long as we have been doing this, the less desire we have to eat but sometimes we eat out of temptation, boredom, etc. As long as we don't over eat very often and stay 100% OP, we're golden!

But I know you, you don't want to eat unless you're truly hungry and not just "head" hungry! I get that!

Karen: Thanks for keeping the thread warm yesterday since all of us were MIA but you!
Quote:
Jo, yea, I hear ya on the weird set up for middle or jr. high etc. I guess we are all different around the country with what grades go to what school because of building new schools?? I mean our middle used to be the high school til they built the new one across the road from the old then filtered some grades into that old school from elementary and all that mess LOL Then they slap a name on it. I tell ya a ton of new giant schools were being build around here not that far back.
I know exactly what you mean. At one time we had the only Intermediate school in the state that housed only grades 4 & 5 b/c the elementary school was too small...
Quote:
MIL did fine. She is uncomfortable cause it was surgery and gallbladder loaded to the max with stones. They blew her guts up during surgery so she is home getting rid of all that air and healing up now. So far so good!
Glad to hear everything went well for your MIL!

So that means you all are heading out for a mini-RV adventure this coming week?
Quote:
my little bit of sick seems to be leaving which is good
whatever it was is mostly over, on the mend. hate any kind of sick

nothing much today. so hot here but I love it
will swim a bunch, relax type day. I decided I am piddling thru this day and not doing hardly any chores etc. My day and why not!!
Good to hear that you're almost over your cold! Sounds like a terrific plan to just piddle all day long! RIGHT ON!

Berni:
Quote:
Yesterday was service and burial for my brother! Sad but it was beautiful!
Today is luncheon to celebrate his life!
Once again let me express my deepest sorrow for your loss. My thoughts & prayers are with you and your fam!
Quote:
Staying 💯 on plan nothing sounds good right now but I just get it to go! Hunger will come back!
Way to stay WARRIOR STRONG with your eating ~ nothing distracts you from your ultimate goals!

You're a rock star!
Closed Thread