Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1351   ^
Old Wed, Mar-29-17, 04:24

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Trig_ Cross Posting!!!
Sponsored Links
  #1352   ^
Old Wed, Mar-29-17, 05:08

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

ohhhh that is tonight? I thought it happened.....ok let us know

your florida trip sounds FAB! omg I need a friggin' trip so bad I am foaming at the mouth

I wish I could snap my fingers and have 20 off me but that sure ain't happening LOL
  #1353   ^
Old Wed, Mar-29-17, 08:13

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

KMOM, you dear thing, I am so sorry that you are having arm pain again. That is no fun at all! I hope you can find some relief.

Jaz- you handled that interaction with your boss well, if that is the way it is supposed to be handled. I have no idea- that isn't a world I have lived in, really, since I was a Special Ed teacher to Littles. I was never one for any sort of organized or corporate work. I'm not sure I could swallowed that very nicely!

Blue- you describe it perfectly. Heart was broken and wide open, full life, full heart, overflowing. And living right there in that moment and knowing it to be true. Yep, that is how it was, my friend. And I am still tearful to think about it now, days later. It is still raw and very powerful. I probably should go write it down in my long-abandoned blog. Every now and again I will go back and write in something that was particularly powerful in my kids' lives, to help mark it for them and for me.
Your night out with the gals sounds absolutely perfect and just what you needed! I have a raging case of rosacea so facials are out for me, but I would have loved a long massage and eating out with you! So glad that you had a wonderful time.

Lori- Enjoy your golfing! Hopefully your weather is as gorgeous as ours is today. A little breezy, a touch cool but clear blue skies and sunny! Glad you seem to be all better now!

Trig- I am kind of like you in that I am over the mulch and thinking that putting rock out there would be much easier! We have rock out around the pool. We usually do the stuff ourselves but this year I am going to hire a company to come and do the work, clean things up outside and cut down all the grasses around the pool while we are gone. Sometimes it is worth it just to pony up and put it behind you. At least it is to me!
I am excited about you moving into trip planning mode. I know that brings you joy!! Can't wait to hear what you get on the calendar.

Jaz- really glad that you are feeling the abx worked and you are feeling back to yourself. Good news! When is the trip with your boy- summer? Glad your little Bella is doing well also. Make sure and report back on your date!

•••••••••••••••

So glad to have all the Oldies dropped off and the house back to being just ours for the first time since March 20th. Hallelujah!!

I'm on day three of Induction today and while it is going well, I sure do feel it today! I am sure some of it is just being exhausted from all the activity but no doubt some of it is withdrawal and switching over from carb burning to fat burning. The good news is I'm down about 2.5 pounds, to 143 even, with the intention of getting to 140 by the time we leave for England.

So today should be proposal day, after yesterday's cancellation due to rainy weather. It feels really strange. Like, when something has been coming for a long time, and then all of the sudden, here it is. You know? Today I put it as an event in my calendar online, marked all-day and renewing yearly, so each year I can wish them a Happy Engagement Day.

DH won't be home for dinner and I'm leaning toward something for the boys like a casserole or quesadillas or something like that. I've got some leftover crack slaw in there, or I might treat myself to something like some crab.

Oh! DS18's van is breaking down again, so I took it back to the mechanic (it was there two days ago but they couldn't find out what was wrong) and then walked home. 1.5 miles. If I walk back later to pick it up, that will be some good exercise today!

Beautiful sunny day, gorgeous sun and nice temperature, and the cherry tree outside my master bedroom window is blossoming its little heart out. I've loved that view for all 13 years we have been in this house so far.
  #1354   ^
Old Wed, Mar-29-17, 09:04

BF:

Nicco I hear ya on that 'one view' ya love. Mine was always my horses in the pasture but that is gone now but I just love the Bradford Pear trees. all white small blooms and then my Myrtles in the front. purple pink and white, can't wait for those....yet my allergies can!

glad you got down time. 9 days can seem around 40 ya know HA

I hear ya on the rock. I might pony up. not sure yet, heck I wanna sell and live in the RV and even rocking to save work doesn't thrill me ---cause---what if we go nuts and do it. I need gas money to travel HA HA

I could kill hubby. first thing he said was put sand out and around the pool. omg the worst mistake but ya know I 'never' let him have his ideas so I gave him this one. what a food to cave on that 'smart idea' LOL now I got a mess happening.

I might have to pony up and have landscapers come in and fix it all one time. might be worth it cause heck kiddo ain't gonna LET me move into a new lifestyle til college times and that is 8 off

ahh, the problems but we get thru. I think you are super smart to have the landscape done to make it a ton more easier.

I just sprayed the front of the house. Felt great to be outside in the air but would love my lounge chair on the back porch vs. working
  #1355   ^
Old Wed, Mar-29-17, 09:05

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Still hurting, but don't want to complain. It is not a biggie, just an annoyance. Blue, I don't think it is carpal tunnel, but it sure could be with the job I have! There is definitely something wrong with my neck. This too shall pass and I am thankful for the good health I have had for six years since being on low carb.

But in saying that, I am still trying not to type on the computer or text.

But I am reading along and enjoying my LC buddies!

K-Mom 10x3
  #1356   ^
Old Wed, Mar-29-17, 13:02

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Afternoon!

Just home from walking 18 holes of golf. OMG...I'm tired. 6+ miles pushing my golf clubs. The ground is so wet that it was like pushing the cart thru sand. Ugh. I was not unhappy with how I played considering it's the first time I've touched my clubs since October. It was sunny, but the freakin' wind! I was dressed warmly enough, but the wind just "wears" on me. For the last hour or so, all I could think about was a hot cup of coffee. First thing I had when I got home.

We're going out to dinner tonight, so the carbs will be higher than normal. We're going to a yummy Italian place and I'm not sure how much will power I'll have. Oh well, tomorrow is another day. Luckily, I can have a treat or a meal and get right back on plan with no insane cravings etc. That's life!

Time for a rest and maybe a nap. Hope you're all enjoying your day.
  #1357   ^
Old Wed, Mar-29-17, 16:48

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Well, it has been a rather drama filled day at Chez Nic, and I am not one who likes drama all that much. Seems like I have had a lot of it around me lately though!

First of all, another brutal wave of rejections through Navy today. Kids dropping again like flies. A great many of the kids remaining on the forum went down. So far as of tonight DS18 is still standing (called CPR- Conditional Pending Review) but who knows what that means- a rejection coming? waitlist? possible appointment? an even longer wait past April 15? So that is stressful. At this point I think he just wants to know and make decisions, and get excited about where he is going to college. KWIM?

And then my daughter. God love her. So her BF had planned to propose yesterday evening, then delayed it to this evening because of rain. My DD, however, had a bad day at work and told him she didn't want to go out. He tried to convince her anyway, she guessed what was going on, and the whole thing kind of fell apart. She is upset at herself for ruining the surprise; I'm sure he is upset too but I haven't talked to him at this point. I'll text him tomorrow when he is at work and alone.

So, like I said, a good bit of drama today. Luckily the remainder of my day has been pretty stress free. The van is still a mystery as to whether it was repaired or not. I had them change the oil to see if it helped, even though it wasn't due for an oil change, because the van was throwing up a code for dirty oil. Hopefully it will be that simple, but I kind of doubt it.
  #1358   ^
Old Wed, Mar-29-17, 17:01

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Lori---You are the most physically active person I know! That's so great and I'm sure allows you to have nights out at a great Italian restaurant now and then w/out ballooning up. Your built up muscles are darn good metabolism uppers!

Trigger---Sometimes where we're at is just fine for us, sometimes it's not. Changes for me all the time. You are still keeping off the bulk of the weight you've lost, and that's a very good thing.

And OMG, you let the hubby talk you into putting sand around the pool?! Knowing your innate tidiness and love of minimalism in most things these days, bet that's driving you knuckin futs.

Jaz---Sounds like you're on the mend...again! Getting excited with you for your trip.

Interesting to know you did the whole cosmetology thing at one time. Think it's probably changed a lot though. I always lose count about all the products used in a facial at the college, because I get to relaxed to keep counting, but they are MANY, layer after layer, each I'm sure in a specific order to best exfoliate and moisturize, because that's all a good facial can do, but it's enough!

Nic---I had a huge EXHALE for you reading your post today. A week of company, including a set of divorced parents, all culminating with the incredible experience that was your sons' play. As good as most of it was, one can't take that output of emotion and happenin's for too long before you just want to put your feet up and contemplate the ceiling!

Glad you're free now to do the fun stuff---getting ready for your trip. If you don't leave it till the last minute, and I know you won't, I think the prep for a great trip is sort of fun. I LOVE lists, love to check 'em off, and love to feel like I'm ahead of the game. For a long anticipated trip, it's kind of like what we call "pre-pro." A sometimes challenging but also exciting lead up to the big enchilada.

K-mom---Did you happen to notice where the pain came first? I just ask because I often find that the newer pain is compensation pain for the first pain. As in holding something else in a different or rigid manner to baby something else.

In any case, sure hope it goes away soon. Heck, we sure can't run into the doc with every ache and pain, specially not at our age. But if it just doesn't go away or gets worse, I hope you get it looked at.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was thinking today about what Jaz said today about "playing with fire" in regards to having tastes or very small amts. of off plan stuff. Understand how it is for some, but wanted to sort out in my mind why it works for me most often.

Came to the conclusion, for me, that it's about having a plan for the temptation. I knew we'd be going to a place with great fries that everyone loves, and I knew the gals would order them. I realize I don't just plunge myself into these situations w/out thought.

I decided before I got there that it would not be that kind of treat night where I just give into whatever. Didn't feel the need. Decided I would order the wings, and have a small amt of french fries. 7. I counted them as I ate them. LOL, helps a lot that the gals were eating them fast and furious, so all I had to do was sit back between each fry or two and watch the baskets go down fast.

Still, I had a plan. I stuck to it. That doesn't always happen for me, but it happens most of the time. The "plan" keeps my girdle on, LOL. On many other occasions, I can and have mouse bit myself thru the tiniest bit of something naughty. One tiny bite of a dessert, a cup of popcorn at the movies.

I think it works for me because I KNOW there will always be a real treat night out there for me in the future, on the right night, and one I prefer to choose as opposed to stumbling into it, which I've done too.

Anyway, thanx for listening. Sometimes it's just good to type out what's going thru your mind, as that "stream of consciousness" has a lot of fish flying thru it. And it's helpful to see what I'm thinking in words.

And of course, what works for me is just that. We all have our own mountains to climb, and our own ways to do it.
  #1359   ^
Old Wed, Mar-29-17, 17:13

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Nic---we cross posted. LOL, wouldn't you know the minute I exhale for you, more drama! But I think having three kids, coming of age to almost there to there but barely, makes life a drama for loving parents. Such dynamic years.

I certainly DO know what you mean when you say your son just wants to KNOW and prepare for his future whatever, and yes, be allowed to get excited about it. Because no matter what may be, ALL his choices are excellent and exciting in their own way.

And then the poor finance to be. Trying to do it all right and getting foiled by first the weather, and then your daughter's bad day. Gotta say, really feelin' for that guy. Not your daughter's fault either. Just competing forces.

Sometimes I just think, we have to let special declare itself and speak for itself, in all its simplicity. Seems whenever I demand movie background music, the perfect sunset, and happily ever after, hubby and I have a big fight!

Wishing future fiance and your daughter a lovely proposal whenever it happens. It's really just the beginning of a long imperfect road, so might as well get used to it early, right?
  #1360   ^
Old Thu, Mar-30-17, 04:20

BF:

Wow- Let a gal go to work and the chatter begins!

Leeann- drama is the word for you the last week! But the happy thing is you have your house back! No guests! You can let your hair down so to speak.

Sorry about your DD- awwwhhhh and she figured it out. Maybe it wasn't met to happen yesterday. So she knows....She will be ready then when it happens.

And you have gotten back down to your goal- you do know how to handle keeping your weight down. again BALANCE works for you. Just when the life goes full tilt- it shifts and you handle it beautiful- you GOT THIS!

TRIG- your husband PUT SAND AROUND THE POOL????? OMG! What a mess is right. What WAS he thinking???? Bet he hates the words "TOLD YA SO"
I would hire the help if it were me to just have it done and over.

I bet you are loving the warm weather!!!

Lori- First day on the course- I am sure you were better than you thought. It always takes a minute to get back into the swing of things.
It's all about the cute clothes!

Blue- wow the thought that went into your post. love the "stream of thought" I write that way too! A thought about that too- MAYBE you want to feel that victory when you do play with fire and win. You can do that.
For me- I know when to "Walk away Renee" I actually now have that song stuck in my head- when I need to do just that.

Kmom- wishing you speedy recovery. Maybe you can get back to feeling yourself soon. Have you thought about a back massage for your neck? It helped me a lot when I had my back injury.
-----------------------------------
OMG- I sooooooo want to just call off work and rest today. If it wasn't for the fact I opened my BIG mouth and told my boss I was going out last night I would. She would have all kinds of reasons to think it was due to that.

When in fact she would be right. So in I will drag my tired ARSE.

I have decided to stay single and men SUCK-! Mr. Hands all over the place and I got into a fight in the restaurant. I ended up storming out. Then he even insulted my CAR as I drove away. His pennis has to be VERY small. After 1/2 a beer he decided he had the right to touch whatever he wanted.

I politely ask him to not touch me in that way. He ignored me- I got pisst- and removed his hands and walked out. He followed me to the parking lot and told me I was a prude, that drives a "starter" car. OMG- mad doesn't even cover it.

I am still fuming....... I sure know how to pick them. Ok- I wanted professional, educated, polite, well spoken. He has a masters in engineering and owns his own company. Has worked at Microsoft for years. Now owns his own company. On PAPER he was perfect. I don't dress like a ho either- but dang.

Ok done venting.
I am feeling better, aside from just being tired. I can tell things are healing and I am moving forward.

yesterday I wanted a cheeseburger - so I did the BLUE thing- went through a drive through got a bunless. It was nasty greasy - I couldn't eat it. After I tossed it in the trash it was time for me to go out anyway. By the time I got back- I was hungry but it was after 1030 - SO I JUST WENT TO BED.

I feel very flat belly this morning! LOVE the non bloated feeling.

I have a Charming Charlie's around the corner from where I work. It is a store FULL of fun clothes and jewelry. Well I played with some new pieces. Love SPARKLE! I will wear my new bangle and necklace today. Ok all gotta run- again my fingers flying fast than I should type.

Have a WONDERFUL THURSDAY!
  #1361   ^
Old Thu, Mar-30-17, 06:03

BF:

KM sorry you are still off. I know my shoulder and side area is not good yet either but ever so slowly on the mend. I can move the shoulder better now but still have to put it on the watch list on how I move it. Hope you come around fast!!

Nicco, I hope I did not jinx you in any way
I have all the BS happening here. the leak in the line to the pool and way more stupid things happening. Now you seem to be having all those crazy things happening...and the possible engagement going bonkers! You need serious down time to recoup chill if ya can! I love days I can be brain dead ya know....those days when ya don't have to think about any problems with the family and all!

Lori, sounds like good golf. Wind wears on me also. We got the big spring winds coming now and they help fly pollen up my nose

Blue, yea, hubby said 'sand' and I said, around a darn pool? are ya nuts, the whole idea of ME DOING pool maintenance is to keep sand and dirt and all OUT of the pool! but he pizzed and moaned and had this 'vision' so I finally caved and let him to 'his thing'. What a stupid time to cave on something LOL I sure have 'conversations with myself' when I go to the pool and see that stupid sand HA HA, I can't type them here tho!!!

Boy--your being able to put on the breaks. It is a good thing! I can not do it. Taste of stuff and I binge, go insane, and my 'willpower' to hold only goes SO far. Sure I can do it a little til I break and I break fast. All from past experience on how I get thru my dieting. I know me and when I read you can do this I get jealous for sure but hey, we are all so different ya gotta do what ya gotta do to make it work for each of us. lucky dog but while you have 7 fries I will be eating an entire plate of cold peel and eat shrimp, so I can't really say I am too jealous LOL

JAZ HOLY COW. no kidding. you got treated like that on a first date. this guy got handsy that fast? WOW just WOW I would have done the same, see'ya later baby and would be gone just like you. I tell ya people are nuts nowadays!

How about work? any good guys around the company in your area at all that hold any interest? At least that way you 'kinda know them' and chatted and all, these 'blind meetups' seem insanity for sure. ugh, dating, what a mess huh?

HI ALL
T storms coming. rain starting. icky out.
have work and chores as usual to handle.
hubby was gonna dig up that water leak line to pool. won't happen today, big rain coming now.

got cheeseburger patty for brunch
got nice ribeye for dinner

have to scope out more meat sales. ribeye etc not going on sale lately?? my freezer needs a serious re-fill keeping eyes peeled for sales now like crazy

so far so good, just chugging along. no losses, no gains, no nothing not willing to put in the work needed but I have to chat with myself and get my head into the right place LOL feel like I stagnated way too long here and I did, so time to get head in the game again. working on it!

have a great day all
  #1362   ^
Old Thu, Mar-30-17, 08:17

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Good morning to my LC friends!
Good news! Last night I started to feel less pain. Typically about 6:00 at night the excruciating pain would come. I was beginning to think I needed a sling as it seemed even my arm hanging down was aggravating something. But last night I kept waiting for it. Nothing, or very minor. And this morning is different. Less pain for sure. More of just a dull kind of pain and an awareness of where the pain was.

I am still not going to text or type much. That one night I literally had to stop texting as it was hurting as I did it! And a good thing from all of this is that I am way more comfortable using voice-to-text. I had tried it before but didn't like it. But now I love it. Don't think I will ever go back to regular texting!

If anyone gets a kink in their neck, ask me about what I think made it better. Too long to type now, but maybe I will in the future. Could be just a coincidence, but I for sure will do that earlier.

Have a great day everyone. Hounds....drink up!

K-Mom 10x3
  #1363   ^
Old Thu, Mar-30-17, 15:37

BF:

My late afternoon/ evening post.

OMG- BLUE BLUE BLUE!!!!! I am eating the MOST delicious meal right now. CRAB CAKES And SO frekin easy! Why have I NOT done this before? Your recipe- I cheated though and bought already shelled lump crab. It was half price- 10.99. onion/ garlic/ dill powder- crushed pork rinds, 1 egg, pepper, mayo- my dukes of course. Made 4 NICE patties- pan fried them gold each side/ creamy goodness on the inside. LOVE IT
Filling!

Having glass of wine- dang I sure am loving it tonight with dinner.

Men at work TRIG- are ya kidding??????? Dang what I would not give for a man to even pass though our hen house every now and then. I sure think that would smooth the ruffled feathers. I am changing the site I am on- was using a free one. Guess ya get what you pay for.

I am STILL fuming over that turd from last night- I will be over it. Just amazed how men can treat a woman- so women may be ok with it. Jaz- He!!! no.

Well I witness a complete melt down from my boss in a staff meeting. She stared out at us and went from smiling to screaming- "why don't you people LIKE ME???"

It was a total mental train wreck in action. we all sat there. My mouth fell open. SPEECHLESS. Then she THREW her papers all over the floor- still screaming- Look at all I do for you! Dead silence- she picked up her papers and stomped out- and said loud enough we all heard. "I AM SO DONE" -

The complete weird thing about this whole thing. Because I am a bystander- just watching- It doesn't bother the me. Sorta like looking at a wreck you should avert - but I can't help but watch.
I fly under the radar - do my thing and go home. I guess because I grew up in such a dysfunctional house - full of screaming- just another day!!!!

My dinner was good- finished it while writing. Thanks Blue!

I did my personals this morning. So sorry all about me. just a quick check in.

Till we meet again tomorrow morning
  #1364   ^
Old Thu, Mar-30-17, 16:24

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Evening,

Man did I learn a lesson last night. 1 piece of bruschetta and a few cheese tortellini and I was sick. Felt horrible when I went to bed and didn't sleep well. Woke up with a headache and just all over awful feeling. It will be LONG time before I veer off plan, let me tell you. Of course, the scale was up too. Sure not worth it.

Jaz...cannot believe the creeps you are running into in the dating world. I hope you have better luck on another site if you decide to go that route. What was up with your boss? What in the world set her off?

Trig...you sure have your hands full with stuff around the house. Sand in the pool? What a mess.

I had a very lazy day. I started to feel better around noon, and ate very low carb all day. I wonder if it is the wheat that made me feel so bad? I don't seem to have that reaction if I have sugar. The moral of the story is don't cheat, right? Serves you right Lori! There...I kicked my own a$$.

Have a good night!
  #1365   ^
Old Thu, Mar-30-17, 17:55

BF:

update- you may have heard- Atlanta under state of emergency
there was explosions/ fire so hot it collapsed a MAJOR highway. 85- thousands are stranded- thankfully nobody killed- but it has knocked out a major 6 land highway during rush our. they don't know what cause the fire- thousands are trapped . wow oh wow....

I am praying for those people- they now say since a entire section of highway is gone- we just don't know
Closed Thread