Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-09-08, 15:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 350/305/150 Female 5'7"
BF:Wow way to much!
Progress: 23%
Default Hello, Its Just Me Again

Hello Everyone,

I Just wanted to stop in and reintroduce myself..I've been down this LC road before..I got down to 270 last time, but now I've ballooned up to about 350 (dont exactly know cause my scale only goes to 330 and now when I step on it it just reads error so I know its more than 330!!)

But life happens and being an emotional eater anyways I was thrown for a huge loop when I lost my mom last year is May to colon cancer..she'd been sick for about a year and the end was very painful for all of us..I never expected to lose my mom when I was only 38 years old. I've spent the last year stuffing every known carb in my mouth in an effort to dull the pain and now I realize I'm killing myself with food. I had always thought I was in control of the food but I realize now the food is controlling me. And today is the day I am going to stop it.

I am miserable..I cant find clothes that fit anymore...I cant walk without sweating and puffing..I can't play with my son anymore..my mood swings are out of control and my bones and muscles hurt all the time.

So I am hoping that I can find the support I need here to start me journey again..I am going for the one day at a time method this time around as the thought of losing 200 lbs is wayyyyyyy to much to handle..right now I'll settle for the scale being able to register my weight again!!

So Hi there everyone and I hope to see you all around!!

Tanya
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-09-08, 17:04
Bouncy!

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 297/173.3/150 Female 5'7" (top weight 340)
BF:41%/31%/??%
Progress: 84%

Welcome, Tanya!

I think your attitude is good, just go for the small goals and try to make it through each day. Getting to a weight your scale can read is a great initial goal!

I remember being around your weight (I was 340 at my heaviest) and it's hard, really hard. It gets better quick though, you'll be feeling great in no time!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-09-08, 19:24

Plan: LOW CARB 4 DUMMIES
Stats: 365/314/299 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%
Smile I am with you all the way!

I see all the posts saying "oh I lost this much' or "I am gonna weigh tomorrow" and I wonder what people think when they see I won't weigh again until September 8th when I go back to my doctor. At my last visit the scale said 365 and scales that go that high aren't easily accessed. I will listen and encourage all you need!!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jul-09-08, 19:54
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Welcome! I wish you the very best of success!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jul-09-08, 20:00

Stats: 302/242/180 Female 5'7" (170 cm)
BF:
Progress: 49%

Hi saucywench and welcome to the forum!

On a side note:
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntchata
I see all the posts saying "oh I lost this much' or "I am gonna weigh tomorrow" and I wonder what people think when they see I won't weigh again until September 8th
I try not to weigh myself to often. Maybe every other Friday (preferrably less). I'm a slow loser so if I wiegh myself to often and don't see a loss I tend to get very discouraged and frustrated and it becomes more likely for me to do something stupid! So I solved this problem by just not weighing myself
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jul-10-08, 07:45

Plan: general leaning toward Sb
Stats: 336/196/150 Female 5'4"
BF:gettin/down/there
Progress: 75%

Great to have you here. Many of us have done the lc thing more than once. Just jump right in.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jul-10-08, 09:25

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntchata

I see all the posts saying "oh I lost this much' or "I am gonna weigh tomorrow" and I wonder what people think when they see I won't weigh again until September 8th when I go back to my doctor. At my last visit the scale said 365 and scales that go that high aren't easily accessed. I will listen and encourage all you need!!

Oh, it just makes it more exciting! Although, I bet if you called the doctor's office and asked if you could come in to just weigh yourself, I'm sure they would say yes. There are so many other ways to tell if you're losing. Who knows, maybe by the time of your doctor's visit, your scale will register your weight because you've lost so much!
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jul-10-08, 09:34
Registered Member

Plan: who knows
Stats: 337/204/180 Female 67 inches
BF:100% pure
Progress: 85%

Welcome to TDC, Tanya.

As Val said, all those little things that make life difficult change very quickly. A month or so out you won't believe how much better you feel! The biggest surprise will be the day you wake up and decide you want to go for a walk, you go for it, and you find out you didn't hurt, aren't out of breath, and actually feel *great* now that you've done it. That day will sneak up on you, even though it seems impossible now.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Jul-10-08, 09:56

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 262.2/247.2/204 Female 5ft 1/2 inch
BF:
Progress: 26%

Tanya, my sympathies on your loss. I lost my mom to cancer too when i was 40. I know what you're saying about how it sends you on a down hill slide, and you thought you had things under control. This is my 3rd or 4th time doing the LC thing. That was 5 years ago, and even last year when my son had an accident, I thought I had things under control, yet here I am again. We just can't let "life" get us down. Try try again. Good luck with your journey. Hugs, Jody.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Jul-10-08, 10:23
Registered Member

Plan: General-Diabetic
Stats: 330/325.0/300 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 17%

I too am so sorry for your loss. I know how hard that can be to lose someone and then sort of lose yourself in the process. This is also my 2nd or 3rd journey down this road. I'm a slow slow loser and a diabetic, so you're not alone with your fears and your discomfort. You can do this. We call can. No..wait..no 'can'....we simply have to. Hang in there!
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Jul-10-08, 10:38

Stats: 350/305/150 Female 5'7"
BF:Wow way to much!
Progress: 23%

Thank you everyone for your warm welcome..today is my first day back on the total LC and I have forgotten how tiring it can be the first few days as the sugar gets out of my system..I'm fighting the cravings with lots of water and housework..at this rate I'll be shining up the cats pretty soon!!
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Jul-10-08, 12:15
Registered Member

Plan: who knows
Stats: 337/204/180 Female 67 inches
BF:100% pure
Progress: 85%

Saucy, if you run out of housework to keep your mind off the cravings I've got some here I could let you do.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Jul-10-08, 15:51

Stats: 398/398/180 Female 5 "5"
BF:
Progress:

I am sorry to hear of your loss. Glad to have you here though! I too, comabt cravings with houework. I am sure my DH loves it when I am on plan lol.