Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-05-07, 12:25

Plan: PP
Stats: 127/127/105 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default New and Confused!!

Hi all! Thank you in advance to anyone willing to straighten me out!! I have read the book and am having trouble figuring out the next steps! I think I am supposed to consume approxiamtely 25 grams of protein per meal and 7-10 grams of carbs - now calorically this does not add up to very much so I was wondering what I am doing wrond - or if the remaining calories should come from fat?
One more question...does anyone include full fat yogurt or cottage cheese in their menu?
Thanks again!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-05-07, 13:07

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 190/169/140 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

Yup, the balance of your diet comes from fat, or from extra protein. You don't need to count calories or fat grams- but you may want to select lower fat (and thus lower calorie) stuff if you find that you're not losing weight quickly enough, or if your weight loss stalls.

For now, just focus on eating enough protein, don't go over with the carbs, and eat as much fat and extra protein as you need to feel full.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-05-07, 16:40

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Couldn't have said it better myself!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jul-11-07, 08:01

Plan: PP
Stats: 127/127/105 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress:

Thank you so much!! So again - 25 gms of protein, 7-10 gms of carbs, and then fat - awesome!!! - And they call this a weightloss plan? I call it paradise!!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jul-11-07, 08:07

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Just one caveat.

Since you're close to your goal and ... er ... short (5'2", right?) you might also have to watch the calories a bit. Just don't overdo the fat and you should be fine. You might also want to bump up the exercise also, especially the weights. You can certainly lose pounds without exercise, but when you reach goal you'll likely look like just a smaller version of your former self (the lumps and bumps will still be there, just smaller).

The only way to really re-shape your body is with weight training. "Body for Life" is a good program for hitting all muscle groups.