Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1141   ^
Old Fri, Mar-31-06, 14:33
Registered Member

Plan: antivegan,was subzerocarb
Stats: 200/187/175 Male 6' 0"
BF:27%/19%/12%
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValerieL
I can't wait for the part where it's explained to everyone in plain english how dietary fat is converted to body fat and everyone says "Oh, yeah? Prove it". Then we'll be back to the quoted studies.
And this would be a bad thing?

I "can't wait" as well.
Sponsored Links
  #1142   ^
Old Fri, Mar-31-06, 14:40
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JandLsMom
the cravings have completely gone away!! Guesss we know what was causing the CRAVINGS! ummm..CARBS! i will say when i switched from a high carb, sugar diet to Atkins ALOT of the cravings did dissipate!! BUT..even on 20 carbs a day..i still had SOME cravings. Now i have NONE on the all meat diet!! woot!
DITTO here!

Last edited by PaleoDeano : Fri, Mar-31-06 at 15:11.
  #1143   ^
Old Fri, Mar-31-06, 14:53
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber130
Oh yes, should I eat even if I'm not hungry? It's lunch time and I don't even feel like eating. I haven't had much of an appetite since going LC.
Eat! Especially animal fat! This will help you keep things steady.

Just watch out for those caveolae lipid raft microdomains! Don't wanna fatten up any of your 3T3-L1 cells... especially during differentiation! If you have any dominant-negative mutants of caveolin-3, you could always pop some DRM I suppose... or beta-cyclodextrin!

Or just ask Lyle... he'll steer ya to the right article on PubMed!
  #1144   ^
Old Fri, Mar-31-06, 15:34

Plan: VLC
Stats: 240/145/150 Female 69 inches
BF: 21%, HT: 69"
Progress: 106%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleoDeano
Eat! Especially animal fat! This will help you keep things steady.

Just watch out for those caveolae lipid raft microdomains! Don't wanna fatten up any of your 3T3-L1 cells... especially during differentiation! If you have any dominant-negative mutants of caveolin-3, you could always pop some DRM I suppose... or beta-cyclodextrin!

Or just ask Lyle... he'll steer ya to the right article on PubMed!

I'm glad that I was not the only one blown away by his post, and I am a college health educator! Oh my, Oh my!

BTW, Dean...I thought your translation was very clarifying for me!! HEE HEE
  #1145   ^
Old Fri, Mar-31-06, 16:25

Plan: zero-carb
Stats: 140/140/140 Male 5'6"
BF:
Progress:

I am REALLY tired of dealing with people who do not READ the thread before butting it with lengthy diatribes.

Fat in the diet does NOT enter the adipose tissue- a very tiny amount of osmotic exchange in short chain fatty acids MAY occur, however studies with radioactively tagged dietary fat and glucose show NO radio-tagged fat winds up in the tissues from fat and ALL the radiotagged glucose is found in fat in the adipose tissues. I might remind all readers that bogus claims and false data is VERY common in the scientific literature. We do not question that fatty acids enter somatic muscle cells only that it is not stored in adipose cells

If you are interested in this diet, fine, then your questions are welcome- but I have a LONG experience in this, and I do not need people who have no idea of what has been discussed and rejected injecting misinformation here- we are well along the path now. PLEASE READ THE THREAD.
  #1146   ^
Old Fri, Mar-31-06, 16:59

Plan: Lights Out
Stats: 255/225/190 Male 72"
BF:all
Progress: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBear
I am REALLY tired of dealing with people who do not READ the thread before butting it with lengthy diatribes.

If you are interested in this diet, fine, then your questions are welcome- but I have a LONG experience in this, and I do not need people who have no idea of what has been discussed and rejected injecting misinformation here- we are well along the path now. PLEASE READ THE THREAD.

I just want to make sure - which posting are you referring to?
  #1147   ^
Old Fri, Mar-31-06, 18:40

Plan: Keto
Stats: 180/145/130 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nraden
I just want to make sure - which posting are you referring to?

Have you read the thread?
  #1148   ^
Old Fri, Mar-31-06, 19:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber130
Have you read the thread?

Yes, but I'm not clear which one he is addressing. I'm guessing it's the same one I took issue with.
  #1149   ^
Old Sat, Apr-01-06, 00:33

Plan: VLC
Stats: 234/139/152 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 116%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleoDeano
DITTO here!

Double DITTO! My cravings are completely gone! Even with just lettuce carbs I had excruciating cravings before. This is day 31 carb free for me.

Have a great day!
  #1150   ^
Old Sat, Apr-01-06, 13:12
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: -/-/- Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress:

Bear,
do you ever eat "high meat"?
  #1151   ^
Old Sat, Apr-01-06, 15:18
Terranova

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

I was initially concerned about going back on a Low Carb regimine after learning I had chronic liver disease. I did some research, discussed weight loss with my DR and went back on a mostly all meat diet a couple weeks ago. I've been eating less than 1 cup of vegetation per day, and am working on reducing that to ZERO, (ok I like some vegies - I CONFESS - gotta weakness for asparagus and it's in season, lol).

The bottom line is I am essentially pain free on a 90+% meat diet. I was having very painful arthritis- so painful I didn't want to move at all. I have to be careful about taking pain killers with my liver condition. Today I walked over a mile and am not even sore! My knuckles in my fingers aren't red and swollen anymore, either. I can only attribute the happy change to the fact that I've removed 99% of the vegetation from my diet.

I've also been dropping weight! Woot!

ALOHA!
  #1152   ^
Old Sat, Apr-01-06, 17:00

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

I just had duck breast cooked in butter...yummmm

http://www.mapleleaffarms.com/index_flash.asp
  #1153   ^
Old Sat, Apr-01-06, 17:51

BF:
Progress:

A bad thing? Yes- storing dietary fat would mean that you could NOT eat lots of fat without gaining weight. This misunderstanding of the true nature of fat-metabolism is the prime SOURCE of the notorious 'low fat' diet, the most fattening dietary regime ever proposed. This is not the case, fortunately.

'Hunger' is due to blood-glucose variation. On a zero carb regime, the blood levels never vary thus you will never 'feel hungry' or have 'mood swings' whether you eat or not. This is normal. Appetite appears as soon as you smell the meat cooking... I try to remember to eat at least once a day, more is ok, perhaps better. If you don't mind the time spent in the kitchen, you can even eat as many times as 6 per day- which I consider a good format for adding muscle when bodybuilding.

Which post? You're kidding of course!

Hint: You might read my post down past the first couple of paragraphs: The very recent post by a new arrival asserting the nonsense -already covered- that the adipose tissues can store dietary fat.

ATP is not CREATED by fat, the ADP produced from ATP during work by the muscles is RECYCLED in the cell by a mechanism FUELED by the complex: n,acetyl carnitine:fatty acid.

If 'high meat' means spoiled, all I can say is: Like a cat, I am not a carrion-eater. Actually, some meat which smells perfectly ok to me, my cat will refuse. Even with added garlic.

Last edited by theBear : Sat, Apr-01-06 at 21:24.
  #1154   ^
Old Sat, Apr-01-06, 18:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBear
Which post? You're kidding of course!

Hint: You might read my post down past the first couple of paragraphs: The very recent post by a new arrival asserting the nonsense -already covered- that the adipose tissues can store dietary fat.

That was unnecesary, I've read this entire thread. I wasn't sure if you were commenting on the first post about storing dietary fat, or my response to it, so that I would have to defend my point.

But thanks for implying I didn't read the whole thing. Not very polite.

-Neil
  #1155   ^
Old Sat, Apr-01-06, 18:29

BF:
Progress:

Sorry, can't be sure when people quote only the first half of a post which contains the answer, and ask again.

If you are still 'measuring' your food and thinking about its content/nutrition etc., then you are 'dieting'. Dieting does NOT work, it is temporary and does not produce a permanent change to a normal body size and shape, but due to yo-yoing your body fat, it s dangerous to you overall health.

You MUST adopt a permanent eating-lifestyle in order to attain and keep a normal body. In this lifestyle you simply eat by following a basic rule on food choices, without doing any mental gymnastics. Eat only animal source foods.

Avoid all carbs from animal sources, also like lactose, too much/too often liver etc. Eat the fat in each meal early on, until you feel satisfied and have had enough, then finish with the remaining lean. Any and all meat can be eaten, red is best. Avoid preserved meats and frozen raw meat. Add no salt. Animal fat is good, avoid vegetable oils- exception- in limited quantity- coconut and palm, and perhaps occasional mac nut oil (good to add to butter to reduce degradation when cooking).

Simple- and easy to follow.

Here is a cooking tip for boiled eggs. Hard cooked egg white is very difficult to digest, as are yolks cooked to the 'green', sulfur-smelling point. 'Coddling' is best. This term is often misapplied to mean 'shirred', which is a casserole-baked egg dish. Coddled is just congealed or gelled white, and soft, deep yellow yolk. In a 3 lt. (3 qt.) covered sauce pan, fill to within 25 mm (1 inch) of the brim. Bring to a rolling boil and add 10 eggs carefully (should layer the bottom, with none on top of the layer). Immediately turn of the heat and cover, but leave the pan on the off burner. Open the cover and stir the eggs around carefully with a large spoon, wood is best, every half min or so, quickly re-covering. After about 5-6 minutes the eggs will be 'soft' with a semi-liquid yolk, but the white should be gelled.a As time continues in the hot water the yolk sets soft. Since the heat is dropping as this continues, the egg is not over cooked and the yolks at 10 mins still do not turn hard and green. The first time you try this, take eggs out at intervals until you learn just how long makes them right for you taste or purpose (egg salad or cold 'hard boiled' eating). Cool either dry at room temp for the harder kinds or chill in cold water to arrest cooking.
Closed Thread