Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-04, 04:48

Plan: mine
Stats: 168/159/150 Male 5ft 7in
BF:
Progress:
Default Sweet Things

I miss eating sweet things, I now eat sugar free jelly and drink sugar free orange squash, what else is out there that I can add to my plan??????? Im in the UK by the way.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-04, 07:00

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 140/123/125 Female 5 foot 7 inches
BF:?/20%/18%
Progress: 113%

Depending on if your still in induction, in which case, your supposed to be on the "sweet" wagon, there are ways to get your fix...

In the earlier days,I would beat up some whipping cream, add a touch of splenda and cocoa. Chocolate whipped cream! Another filling and satisying treat is to pour diet rootbeer over ice and add a GOOD splash of heavy cream.Mmmmmm rootbeer float like the old days..lol..

I now have an Atkins Indulge as a treat, maybe some Ross chocolate. But it really matters where you are in your plan. If your having cravings, and your just setting out on your plan, sweet's are a bad idea. Try a chunk of cheese and some pepperoni (even if it's not what you want) Guzzle a big glass of water, and wait 10 minutes. The protien should fill you and help get you get past the craving.

Good luck! That sweet tooth can be a killer!

Joy
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-04, 17:06

Plan: Low GI
Stats: 370/170/170 Male 6'1
BF:10%
Progress: 100%

you should stay away from the sugar free jello, it will stall you bad. Check the recipe section for sweet treats, the cheesecake pudding is REALLY good
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-04, 00:47

BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwalker
you should stay away from the sugar free jello, it will stall you bad. Check the recipe section for sweet treats, the cheesecake pudding is REALLY good

Thanksfor the info, why would sugar free jelly stall me? The ingredients Show less than 3g carbs per L.

thanks
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-04, 01:45
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Some people stall with asperteme. There are also some who stall when they have anything sweet because the body starts to release insulin, regardlessof the carb amount.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-04, 11:43

Plan: Atkins 72 Version
Stats: 175.5/123.5/115 Female 5'3 I grew an Inch!
BF:??/21%/19-20%
Progress: 86%

The Jello stalls me. I eat Yocheese, Full fat Yogurt drained for 24 hours ¼ cup to ½ cup add some SF syrup... Yum!!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-04, 12:49

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

i have not had a problem with jello.... each person is different.. find what works for you.

where are you in your plan? induction, ongoing weightloss.... it may help us suggest things.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-04, 15:15

BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBelle
Some people stall with asperteme. There are also some who stall when they have anything sweet because the body starts to release insulin, regardlessof the carb amount.

Thanks for your replies, I understand what you mean but would this apply to ALL sweet tasting things?

Im not really on a plan Ive basically cut down my carb intake, cut out potatos, rice, bread etc, I seem to be heading towards my goal weight slowly, Ive lost around 12lb in two months, I dont feel hungry and feel a lot less tired and more energetic, i also have given up beer and drink wine instead, I know the body will use this as fuel first before the stored fat. My carb intake is around 20-30g/day through vegs etc.

Hope this helps.

peter
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-04, 19:07

Plan: Atkins Nutritional Plan
Stats: 194/165/145 Female 66
BF:39/37/28
Progress: 59%

I could tell you were in the UK because you said you drink SF orange squash. What is that, anyway, just orange juice? Sweetened orange juice? Carbonated sweetened orange juice?
I have long wondered, ever since my granny used to let me read her "Woman's Weekly" (famed for its knitting!)
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 00:38

BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by patricia52
I could tell you were in the UK because you said you drink SF orange squash. What is that, anyway, just orange juice? Sweetened orange juice? Carbonated sweetened orange juice?
I have long wondered, ever since my granny used to let me read her "Woman's Weekly" (famed for its knitting!)

Heres whats in it, not very healthy

water, comminuted oranges(10%), citric acid, sodium citrate, flavorings, aspartame, saccharin, potassium sorbate, vitamin c, carotenes.

More like chemical squash than orange!!!!!