Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Jun-14-08, 06:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/241/170 Female 5'4"
BF:40%/31%/29%
Progress: 5%
Unhappy Hard lesson to learn (long vent)

Hi all of my low carb friends. I learned a hard lesson in the past year and thought I would share it with all of you. If you look at my stats, you will see I have come a long way. I had friends at my heaviest that were by my side for the life transforming experience that a big weight loss brings. I also had some friends kind of drift away. I know that I have changed..I am way more out going, I am not shy, I can do more at work now because I fit into more places. I am driven to succeed in all areas of my life. I know those are all good things..what happened to me was the jealousy experience. My husband had it bad for awhile we had a LOT of problems a few years ago because I was getting more attention. We were able to get through it with a lot of extra attention on my part and the communication to him that I was going to lose my weight with him or without him, that I was doing it for me not for anyone else. That issue took care of itself. My other biggest lesson was at work. I had a very close "work friend" who I hung out with outside of work too. We went out together, went to concerts, went to each others' houses etc..... As I became more and more successful at work, her envy became more and more noticable. As things turned out I became her boss. I wasn't worried because we were such great friends. I started noticing a change in her attitude. Then came the day I was called out because of a bunch of lies she made up about me on the job and complained to a higher up. It was investigated and found to be untruths. I was totally floored. I thougt she was my friend. I was moved to another dept. but she started telling people to watch me, and started rumors over there too. I was told not to talk to her, and the company I worked for took action on their own. But it has put doubts into the people I work with. I am just now, after 6 months gaining the folks I work with's trust. It hurt me so bad. Jealousy is an awful thing. Losing weight really makes you find out who your friends really are.
Sponsored Links