Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 20:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 56%
Lightbulb Do You Have Candida?

Learn A Simple Preliminary Test

You can take a simple saliva test right from your home.

Simply take a clear glass of water and place it by your bedside so that it is readily available in the morning when you wake up from sleep.

Before having anything to drink gather some saliva in your mouth and spit it into your glass of water.

Within minutes, if there is any yeast overgrowth in your system, the saliva will immediately clump together and begin to "leak" down into the glass of water in tentacle-like fashion.

It resembles a jellyfish if you've seen them under water. If the saliva sinks down to the bottom of the glass of water quickly, you probably have Candida overgrowth in your body.

To correct this use Acidophilus Capsules (the natural good bacteria that controls Candida) into your diet.

I am not sure if I have this or not, the only sign I have for a yeast problem is my left big toe has some nail fungus. Other than that, thats about it, I can still eat cheese and nuts and still lose weight, however that may change.
So tomorrow I am going to do this test.

When I was in the health food store today I noticed ACIDOPHILUS was on sale, and I remember reading one of the posting at another club before I went shopping today, and bought some. I've been reading alot about this good bacteria, so I thought it couldn’t hurt, even if I don't have canidida, its suppose to work as an intestinal cleanser, which will keep you regular. Also helps prevent, diverticulosis, acne, and bad breath. It also helps in the absorption of calcium as well as other minerals. So I figured what the heck.

Have any of you tried these capsules before?
Sponsored Links