Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 00:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 153/142/130 Female 5 ft  5 in
BF:
Progress: 48%
Thumbs up Free at Last!

Hi, Low-carbers,

Yup, here's another newbie who's tried the rest and found the best. About two years ago, I finally got out of a very bad relationship. It's taken me quite a while to put myself back together, and for those two years I'd been trying to lose the same 30 pounds over and over. You guys know the drill: work out like a demon; eat all the recommended high-carb pastas, veggies, fruits and all the low-fat whatever (yuck!); and run like hell from anything that tasted good and kept you from becoming ravenous within two hours (or sometimes fifteen minutes); and getting on the scale and looking in the mirror and seeing no difference. None.

Last month, my best friend started doing Atkins. She's got a longer way to go than I do, but within her first two weeks she had more energy and after a month I could see the changes. So I decided to give it a try.

I've been in Induction for eleven straight days now (one false start), and I've dropped nine pounds. Yeah, I work out, but not at frantically as I did before. And let's put it this way: I've had this pair of really cute cutoff denim shorts for about five years that I just couldn't give up. Every so often, I'd dig them out, put them on, try to zip them up, fail, and cry. Last week, I zipped them up for the first time. This week, I buttoned them.

And I cried. Both times. And right now, just thinking about it.

I can't describe how that made me feel. But I don't have to, because you know, because you've been there too.

This eating plan is the best and easiest I've ever done. I'm not going to say "tried" b/c I'm not trying--I'm doing it and it's working.

God bless Dr. Atkins. I hope I meet him on the other side so I can properly thank him for the blessing he's given us all.

Here's to Life, Love, and Laughter!

Jan K
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 10:04

Stats: 202/128/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Hi there and welcome! Congratulations on your weight loss! That is super. I agree totally that Atkins is the way to go. Hope to see you here often...it's a great site.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 13:41

Stats: 153/142/130 Female 5 ft  5 in
BF:
Progress: 48%

Thank you, Lori, for your welcome. There's a lot to learn and do here. It's so good to know that there's a big community where I can go for questions, answers, and just to talk. I'll be looking around in here for quite some time. There's so much to learn and to share,,,I'm looking foward to learning and meeting people like me. See ya around