Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-07-03, 09:02
Southern Gentleman

Plan: CKD
Stats: 272/219/210 Male 70.5 inches
BF:30+/20-21/14-15
Progress: 85%
Default How much R-ALA??

Anyone know what a good dosage of R-ALA is? Easy to find all the recommendations for just ALA, but since R-ALA is different/more potent or whatever, what amount should I take and do ya'll think since is such a good thing for your body that I should take some every day and not just when carbing up and getting back into ketosis?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chip-Before-and-such-copy2.jpg (9.4 KB, 23 views)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Nov-07-03, 09:48

Plan: Atkins/CKD
Stats: 272/195/165 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%
Default Can't help with the ALA...

but just wanted to say WoW!
You progress in those pics is awesome.
My question to you is, how'd the CKD work out for you?
Did it make a great difference?
I too am down from 272 and am about to do the CKD style to see if it helps.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Nov-07-03, 18:35
Southern Gentleman

Plan: CKD
Stats: 272/219/210 Male 70.5 inches
BF:30+/20-21/14-15
Progress: 85%

I really like it so far! I was really pretty much stalled although I was lifting weights and walking miles and miles and miles and bicycling 30.40,50 miles at a time! But, in 2 weeks or so I have lost 5 lbs, and really don't think I am losing muscle, may still be putting some on. My body REALLY didn't want to let me lose any more after 50lbs. This diet seems to make my body tell itself it's ok to burn that fat off again. They say the carbing up makes your body release Leptin, which keeps you from going into starvation mode (in which your body slows your metabolism down to hold on to your fat). My body was definitely in starvation mode, I WAS HUNGRY AS A HORSE EVERY NIGHT!! Now after a couple of weeks and a couple of carb-ups, I feel like a fat burning machine during the week. For me, it is MUCH easier to be very strict during the week after a "pig out" on the weekend. Of course, there are rules to the "pig out", but seems ok to bend them a little some time. Well, don't wanna ramble on too much, but suffice it to say, come Sunday or Monday, I'm gonna be back in ketosis, doing my running/walking and weight lifting and the fats gonna be melting away. Thanks for the vote of support, hope it works for you too! There is more than enough info. in this forum to get a good grip on the basics and give it a go.