Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-27-07, 08:40
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 232/173/135 Female 5ft 2in
BF:
Progress:
Default Ideas for LC ''drink'' drinks

You may have noticed that I've been looking at the adult beverage recipes. I like trying new stuff.
Here are some of the super-easy things that I've tried that have turned out yummy:

LC vodka-colins; ( I use this at restaurants a lot) order a vodka-tonic then add your own Crystal Lite lemon packet. Whole or half packet depending on how big the serving you get is.

LC Strawberry Daiquari: Crystal Lite Strawberry drink mix packet, mix w/ a bit less water than instructions call for-you'll be adding ice. Throw it in the blender with a couple of fresh or frozen strawberries, then add your choice of clear rum (I like Bacardi) in the ammount you feel comfortable with. I would start out w/one shot. Alcohol has a lot of oomph when you're in ketosis. Blend ingredients with 5 or 6 ice cubes until it's about the consistancy of a slushy. This can be turned into a LC slushy by eliminating the rum.

LC Pina Colada:Pineapple flavored drink mix, (I've not seen it in Crystal Lite but Walmart has a SF equivalant to Crystal Lite in that flavor.)You have to mix it up in a pitcher, it doesn't come in individual packets. Pour about a cup of it into a blender, add coconut milk or cream ( can't remember which one is the LC one, so check the lables) a shot of your favorite rum, a few ice cubes and blend. If it's not sweet enough for you, you can add a packet of splenda into the blender.

LC Strawberry Colada:Follow the above directions and add 2-3 fresh or frozen strawberries or for even lower carb count you could use a spoonful of SF strawberry drink mix.

PS if you are avoiding caffiene, look closely at the lable of your Crystal Lite- They now make an "energy" version that has caffiene out the wazoo.

ENJOY!

PPS has anyone tried to make cocktails w/ Davinci syrup (other than Kaluha flavor) or Jello mix. It seems like the syrups and jello mixes come in more flavors. I wonder how it would work.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jun-27-07, 18:00
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Quote:
PPS has anyone tried to make cocktails w/ Davinci syrup (other than Kaluha flavor) or Jello mix. It seems like the syrups and jello mixes come in more flavors. I wonder how it would work.

I've done mock raspberry mojitos. The original recipe is mint leaves mulled with sugar, then raspberry vodka, a touch of seltzer, and a splash of raspberry liqueur is mixed.

The recipe I do is either mull the mint with sweetener (This is how I'll order if if out) or I will just use davinci cream de minth and Davinci raspberry mixed with plain vodka and some diet sprite.

The cream de minth can also be used with LC hot chocolate and vodka for snow balls.

With jello mixes you can make shooters in any flavour of sugar free they make.

DaVinci also makes amaretto, almond, irish cream, malibu rum, and several other flavours that go great in coffee drinks.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-09, 19:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 194/184/132 Female 160 cm
BF:
Progress: 16%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pudgiebunz
LC vodka-colins; ( I use this at restaurants a lot) order a vodka-tonic then add your own Crystal Lite lemon packet. Whole or half packet depending on how big the serving you get is.

If I may say, tonic water is high in carbs. If I remember correctly, Atkins recommends use of mineral water instead of tonic water.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-09-09, 11:26

Plan: atkins
Stats: 215/159/140 Female 63
BF:
Progress:

davincigourmet.com has a lot of receipes for all sorts of beverages.

Pat
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jan-09-09, 11:49

Plan: atkins modified
Stats: 225/162/160 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 97%

Other than wine, which is my first choice, I have been known to mix Citrus Vodka with sprite zero. I have to keep it relatively "unsweet", because then I fear I might get cravings.
This week I've been mixing vodka with diet coke, as well.
I also buy the flavored seltzer water, and mix it with vodka.
See a trend here?