Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-07, 16:16
~ JUST DO IT!!! ~

Plan: 5% Carbs/75% Fat/20% Prot
Stats: 191/175/150 Female 5'2"
BF:Getting lower
Progress: 39%
Default ~Friends of the 6 Weeks Challenge~

Hi everybody,
Here it is if we decide to use it
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-07, 16:27
~ JUST DO IT!!! ~

Kiszes

PINK

AmaniNura

Swissmom

Lilly20

Quibbers

Misdbobby
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jul-20-07, 21:39
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 202/190/125 Female 5 5'
BF:
Progress: 16%

Just found it. My starting weight is 202 so I will not weigh in until friday. Hopefully I see below 200. What are you aiming for misdbobby?
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-20-07, 21:47
~ JUST DO IT!!! ~

Hi Lily,
Just read Kiszes reply. I usually weigh everyday but I really don't want to. I'm a scale addict! I'm happy with Friday weigh in's.

I was all the way up to 181 on Mon after my bday weekend of over-indulging in BAD carbs

Today I was down to 175-176. I'm going with 176 so that'll be my official # for this Friday. I won't weigh again until next Friday and hopefully I can be down to 171-172.

My weight
Friday 7-20

Let's do this ladies!!!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jul-20-07, 22:01

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 220/190/120 Female 5ft 5inch.
BF:
Progress: 30%
Thumbs up

Hey Misdbobby

Thank you, Thank you.

Here we go kicking things off, I love the Vibe, I feel the love and I know we will do great.

Most Votes are in and it is as follows:

Swissmom Once per week

Lilly20 Once per week

Quibbers Once per week

Kiszes Once per week

Misdbobby Once per week

Pink End of the Challenge

CJane New member did not get a chance to vote

AmaniNura Vote not yet submitted

With all said and done we have two uncertainity against the major and as a result the majority choose Weekly weighins.
Our weigh in day will be FRIDAY anytime before midnight, and unfortunately for some of us including myself will now have to go fetch a scale whether buy, borrow or beg, lol. The 6weeks Challenge ends August 31, 2007.
For Each and everyone of my friends please remember we are in this thing together and you are always welcome to come here and vent or throw a tantrum. Your space is always secured.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jul-21-07, 01:24

Plan: a bit of everything LC
Stats: 141/129.9/123 Female 5'2
BF:still a bit
Progress: 62%
Wink Happy Saturday

Good morning Ladies

Quote:
Originally Posted by misdbobby
Hi Lily,

Just read Kiszes reply. I usually weigh everyday but I really don't want to. I'm a scale addict! I'm happy with Friday weigh in's.

I was all the way up to 181 on Mon after my bday weekend of over-indulging in BAD carbs

Today I was down to 175-176. I'm going with 176 so that'll be my official # for this Friday. I won't weigh again until next Friday and hopefully I can be down to 171-172.

My weight

Friday 7-20

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissmom
Hi guys since I’m a scale addict, I have to weigh everyday I really don’t care which day you want for a weigh in – you choose!

Since I live in Europe I will post at night (your places

As Mis said, I’m a scale addict too

My weight yesterday was

Friday 7/20

61.5 = 135.5

I would be more than happy to loose 15 pounds! Let’s do it Ladies!

I wish you all a great Saturday, we had thunderstorms and rain last night and now its overcast, we planed on visiting Martin’s Mom I’ll cook, I bought some lobster tails which I will put on the grill!

I put a picture of me, the “now look” in my journal – have a great day

Talk to you later bye for now – you all take care!
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jul-21-07, 03:32

Plan: lower carb, lower GI
Stats: 298/277/240 Female 5'6
BF:yes it is
Progress: 36%

Okay....where are the candles??? K said we had to light em... hee hee, I'll pretend this is it!

Start wt-258
Exercised yesterday and will walk this afternoon once I get to the mountains. Must go pick up son from camp and then we'll walk in town for sure-it's a touristy place.

Back tomorrow or Mon
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jul-21-07, 13:43
~ JUST DO IT!!! ~

I searched and couldn't find candles anywhere, lol.

~Kiszes, you make us feel so loved! Thanks for your support, we can definitely make it through this challenge.

~Connie, what a cute new pic. Looks like you could be at goal now!

~quibbers, I picked up my son from camp a couple of weeks ago and did the same thing. It was near a touristy place and we walked around and had ice cream we had a good time. Hope your son had a great time at camp. My son loves going to camp each summer. He's eleven, how old is your son?

I didn't get to workout this morning. We had to take our puppy to the vet and then go register my son for football. We're going to spend the afternoon at my aunt's house. She lives in an apt complex with a pool. I'm NOT feeling like I want to be in a swimsuit right now, so I'm not swimming.

My son is looking forward to it. It's 100 degrees today, yuck. We're going take food out to the pool. I'm taking plenty of good LC things for me. I haven't eaten much today. I've had 2 celery stalks w/ cream cheese and lemon pepper.

I guess ketosis must be kicking in again. This is my 5th strict day so that seems about right. I'm not hungry at all.

Hope you all have a great day

Forgot to mention, I almost accidently weighed today! Yikes, it's so routine for me to jump on it before my shower. I jumped back and was proud of myself. Can't wait 'till next Friday.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Jul-21-07, 18:06

Plan: Keto <38 carbs daily
Stats: 316/287.2/132 Female 64
BF:Isn't It Obvious?!
Progress: 16%

Hello Ladies - I found this thread following a post to a post, to a post. lol Can I join? I just restarted LCing on Thursday. My weigh in on Friday was 297.5. I know I have more than 100 to lose so maybe I can't play along in this thread? I don't know, just let me know. I've joined a couple other threads with weigh ins, just to keep me on my toes, so I will be weighing in more than just Fridays but I'll just post friday's weight here. Can I play? Are we supposed to list goals or anything? I wanted to lose 25 lbs by Labor Day so this is pretty close to that day. I've already lost 7, so I'll shoot for another 18 in 6 weeks.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Jul-22-07, 01:35

Talking

Good Morning Kris

I’m the first in here because I live in Europe it’s 3am in your parts of the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICanDoThis
Hello Ladies - I found this thread following a post to a post, to a post. lol Can I join? I just restarted LCing on Thursday. My weigh in on Friday was 297.5. I know I have more than 100 to lose so maybe I can't play along in this thread? I don't know, just let me know. I've joined a couple other threads with weigh ins, just to keep me on my toes, so I will be weighing in more than just Fridays but I'll just post friday's weight here. Can I play? Are we supposed to list goals or anything? I wanted to lose 25 lbs by Labor Day so this is pretty close to that day. I've already lost 7, so I'll shoot for another 18 in 6 weeks.

Of course you can join us (I'm sure the other don't mind I'm just the first here)the more the merrier! Welcome!

I go and have my coffee and then I bike for 45 min and do my abs of steel with Tamilee Webb.

I will be back later and check in

Bye for now – take care
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Jul-22-07, 01:43

Smile Good Morning Ladies!

Good Morning everyone

I’m the first in here because I live in Europe it’s 3am in your parts of the world I have my first coffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by misdbobby

~Connie, what a cute new pic. Looks like you could be at goal now!

I didn't get to workout this morning. We had to take our puppy to the vet and then go register my son for football. We're going to spend the afternoon at my aunt's house. She lives in an apt complex with a pool. I'm NOT feeling like I want to be in a swimsuit right now, so I'm not swimming.

My son is looking forward to it. It's 100 degrees today, yuck. We're going take food out to the pool. I'm taking plenty of good LC things for me. I haven't eaten much today. I've had 2 celery stalks w/ cream cheese and lemon pepper.

I guess ketosis must be kicking in again. This is my 5th strict day so that seems about right. I'm not hungry at all.

Hope you all have a great day

Forgot to mention, I almost accidently weighed today! Yikes, it's so routine for me to jump on it before my shower. I jumped back and was proud of myself. Can't wait 'till next Friday.

Thanks for the compliment, but my hubby is a lot taller than I and he took the picture from above

That makes me a lot smaller I looked at your pictures and I think the same about you same goes for Kiszes!

Wow you skipped your scale – I can’t - I looked forward to step on my scale every morning.

Okay my chores are calling my name, I will be back later wishing you all a good start into a new LC day!

Bye for now – take care

#12   ^
Old Sun, Jul-22-07, 11:18

BF:

Hey Girls,

I hope you are making the best of your weekend.

For me its turning out to be a hell of a fight.

I went window shopping yesterday for a scale and end up purchasing a very cheap scale, but for now it seems that it will come in very useful.

I went through alittle weird moment yesterday, as after being busy getting things done incuding my chores, I decided to go to my office and hang out alittle with some friends, to my surprise the moment I slow down and sat at my desk and started talking, my speech became very slow, I just want wanted lay down any and everywhere so my friends were asking me if I am ok I told them I am in the cold turkery phase my diet and right now I just feel like I hate all of them and just want to go lay down anywhere alone. I then went to my desk remove things from it and fell asleep, man the first week is going to be a killer. But I promise myself I will fit into my sexy jeans at a later date and wear it in high heels to the club. Christ I better be sexy then.
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Jul-22-07, 11:33

BF:
Thumbs up

Swissmom

Lilly20

Quibbers

Kiszes

Misdbobby

Pink

CJane

AmaniNura

ICANDOTHIS

This is an update to inform you of the present members of the 6weeks challenge.
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Jul-22-07, 12:28

Wink

Hi Kiszes

Thanks for dropping in

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiszes
Hey Connie

Smart move in posting that photo, it does help as only you can look at yourself and see the areas you need to work on, so I am with you on this hun.

I went window shopping yesterday for a scale and end up purchasing a very cheap scale, but for now it seems that it will come in very useful.

I went through alittle weird moment yesterday, as after being busy getting things done incuding my chores, I decided to go to my office and hang out alittle with some friends, to my surprise the moment I slow down and sat at my desk and started talking, my speech became very slow, I just want wanted lay down any and everywhere so my friends were asking me if I am ok I told them I am in the cold turkery phase my diet and right now I just feel like I hate all of them and just want to go lay down anywhere alone. I then went to my desk remove things from it and fell asleep, man the first week is going to be a killer. But I promise myself I will fit into my sexy jeans at a later date and wear it in high heels to the club. Christ I better be sexy then.

Wow this sounds weird this sleep attack I hope it is only the LC! You got me worried there!

Be careful, and take it easy! did you feel better afterwards?

I just had grilled chicken and coffee for dinner, Martin had the rice and the curry

Okay which club are we going with the sexy jeans, I want to come along too, I have a date at my best friends club in Fort Myers on the 18th of October, I don’t know yet what I want to wear, I think Gina (dd) and I are going shopping when I’m over there I just talked to her on the phone, I miss her terribly and can’t wait to see her, 12 more weeks

Okay sweetie it’s evening here I biked after two weeks being lazy, I had a hard time so now I park myself in front of the TV and watch a show! I’m very motivated to loose the last 15 pounds!

Take care

BTW you are sexy now! Don’t let anybody tell you anything else, it’s all in the attitude!

#15   ^
Old Sun, Jul-22-07, 12:34

Plan: SF, grain free, vegan
Stats: 230/208.2/199 Female 5'2"
BF:More than enough
Progress: 70%
Cool Hey, Challengers...

I weigh myself six mornings a week, but only record my official weigh-in at my WW meeting.
For these six weeks, I will record my Friday morning weight also.
I only like that spring mechanism when it is favorable to me...otherwise - yuk!
Good luck to everyone
I'm going to walk my three miles with Leslie now.
Later...