Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-02, 08:47
Registered Member

Plan: CAD/Atkins combination
Stats: 278.8/269/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 8%
Talking 2 pounds

Hi everybody -

I'm new here, but this looks like a good place to be. I am back on Atkins after taking a "rest" (lost 25 pounds, gained back 5), and want to stay on it for the long haul this time! I have pituitary/adrenal failure due to a medical catastrophe several years ago, which has made losing weight by "conventional" means nearly impossible for me, and I had gained 130 pounds before they figured out what was going on!

Anyway, it's been two days now, and I'm down two pounds, so that is encouraging.

Glad to see such an active, supportive group!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-02, 08:58
Registered Member

Plan: Hi-Energy
Stats: 372/319/180
BF:
Progress: 28%

Hi Debbie, welcome to the clan. I am new too, but have already benefitted tremendously from this fantastic group.

2 pounds in 2 days is fantastic!

Keep up the good work, and keep the faith. It will happen.

#3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-07-02, 06:19

Plan: Medi Weight Loss Pgm
Stats: 296.0/179.7/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 70%
Smile Hi Debbie

Hi Debbie

Welcome Welcome and Welcome....

2 pounds in 2 days is pretty awesome...

Also take your measurements so that you can see your self becoming slim.

Dee

#4   ^
Old Thu, Feb-07-02, 08:49
Registered Member

Plan: CAD/Atkins combination
Stats: 278.8/269/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 8%
Thumbs up 2 MORE

Thanks Dee and Gator...and guess what? Two MORE pounds gone today! I'm liking this! If I can just get rid of this HEADACHE. I have been checking out the Candida forum, too, as I believe I may have that. I know I have a couple of spots of it on my skin, which has not responded well to antifungal topical treatment, but am hoping it has not gone systemic.

Hey, Gator....you don't really LIKE those critters, do you? (I'm originally from St. Pete., FL)

#5   ^
Old Fri, Feb-08-02, 06:35
Registered Member

Plan: Hi-Energy
Stats: 372/319/180
BF:
Progress: 28%

Good Morning Debbie,

Hope you have a wonderful day today, and all of your goals become a reality.

Yes, I love those creatures (gators). I live on a bayou, and I love to sit on the back porch and watch them swim by. It is really interesting to watch them stalk their prey (usually nutria). Sometimes in the spring, they crawl up into the yard, but they never bother anything or anyone. They are shy around humans (unlike the crocodile), and if you don't bother them, they don't bother you.

If I see one while pulling the kids on water skis or wakeboards, I get them into the boat just as a precaution, but have never had any kind of an incident.

When fishing, I see them all the time. Sometimes they follow the boat when I'm slowly trolling with the electric trolling motor, and have had them snatch a fish away that I have just hooked, but that also is pretty rare.

They are prehistoric creatures that have survived millions of years, and I love'em!

Congrats on losing 2 more pounds!! The headaches will go away soon, and you will feel like a new person. I had terrible withdrawls when I started.

It's great to have you here. Everyone is so great, it seems like a big extended family.

#6   ^
Old Fri, Feb-08-02, 09:03

Plan: Careful Low Carb Plan
Stats: 335/295/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 26%

Hi Debbie,
Just wanted to encourage you to drink tons of water. It will help flush out your system quicker and seems to help with the headaches. I remember those! But they do go away. Your body is adjusting right now. Now, I get headaches IF I eat anything with sugar.

Gator,
I love your picture of the alligator and your explanation and stories. I'm not sure I could go swimming around them, but it sounds like you've grown up around them and know their true nature. Glad to see you here & enjoy your input! Victoria
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Feb-08-02, 14:58

Plan: Medi Weight Loss Pgm
Stats: 296.0/179.7/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 70%
Talking I'm melting

Hi Debbie:

Doesn't it feel like the fat is just melting off? I love the feeling. My headaches just quick. So just hang in there. It will get better.

I also don't crave food anymore. My mindset is totally differant. Let me know if you see a difference as you progress.

Hugs

Dee