Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-12-04, 21:56

Plan: savvy
Stats: 145/130/110 Female 5'5 inc
BF:
Progress:
Default Diets, Which one have you tried?

I'm curious what diets everyone's tried and what foods they ate while they were on it. Like who's done the South Beach or the Sugar-Buster's or Atkin's or Carbohydrate Addicts?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-13-04, 08:25
Registered Member

Plan: atkins (vegetarian)
Stats: 224/176/140 Female 64.5 inch
BF:
Progress: 57%

Hi xindy,

I've tried a few here in the uk,
Weight watches it took me 12 months to lose 14lb,

Slimming world 28 lb in 18 months you eat either meat and stuff or pasta and stuff no combining protein and carbs,

Vitaline (private clinic 1 to 1 weight lose) abit like atkins but with more carbs,
I lost 42lb in 12 months,

But once you stop it all gone's back on and you end up bigger than ever before, so this time it's forever.

Good luck

wjd x
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Sep-08-04, 23:15
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 203/182/130 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%

I tried Carbohydrate Addicts Diet several years ago and gained because my Reward Meals were not quite what they had in mind. They said eat all you want in an hour, and I did.

I've also done Weight Watchers a few times. The first couple of times I lost but wasn't happy. The last time, I was miserable and gained weight.

Bought the Protein Power book a few years ago, but it was close enough to Atkins (which I first did in the '80s, very successfully - reached goal and maintained for three years) that I just abandoned it and did Atkins instead.

I even tried the Subway diet for a few weeks. I lost weight, but it got really boring really quickly.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Sep-09-04, 15:08
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

Low fat, grapefruit pills, slimfast, starving myself, all in the past... most recently Atkins and the Carb Addicts diet.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Sep-11-04, 16:52

Plan: Whatever works
Stats: 300.5/200/135 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 61%

I've been on so many different diets I lost count. I'm a conpulsive yo-yo and have become weary of going on this diet and that diet, having them work for awhile...and even keeping the weight off temporarily....only to gradually gain it all back and MORE. I think that's one reason my metabolism is at a near standstill...and it budges very little now....

If you want a list of diets...I can name a few.....1200 calorie diet, Stillman's Quick Weight Loss, Cabbage Soup Diet, Weight Watchers, Slimfast/Metrecal (anyone remember that one? ) , fasting/starvation diets, OA gray sheet, Herbalife, ADA diabetic diet, allergy diets, etc...etc...etc....I remember trying the original Atkins diet in the early seventies.....low fat diets....low EVERYTHING diets.....vegetarian.....Calorad.....CAD and CALP....many more.....

I turned 50 this year....and I vowed that this would be my LAST diet...LOW CARBING......I'm tired of the constant struggle....I will keep eating what is healthy for me and not excessively....and I believe I should be lower carb, because I am diabetic....hypothyroid....have other health issues....and I seem to feel the best and have the healthiest blood tests doing this....I have lost nearly 25 lbs this year.....this must be the way I eat for the rest of my lifetime.