Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 09:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 285/258/175 Female 5'5.5 inches
BF:53%
Progress: 25%
Question Leslie Sansone Video's

Hi!

I just stared doing the Leslie Sansone Video - Walk Away the Pounds! What a neat workout. It has a belt and you workout your arms as well. I did the 1 mile beginner one and for someone like me who is OUT OF SHAPE it was the perfect beginner workout.

Is there anyone else that is using or has used this video series before?? How did you like it???

Blessings-
Kathy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 11:16

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%
Thumbs up

Yup, lov em, did the 3 mile with the belt yesterday. I have the original set with the weighted balls, that's a keeper.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 16:04

Plan: Paleo/Primal
Stats: 330/258.2/150 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 40%
Thumbs up Yeppers

I've got the tapes and the DVD's of the 1,2, & 3 mile walks. I've got the weights too, but I'm still getting enough fatigue just lifting my own damn arms. I've done the 3 mile every day for the last 10 days. Today will be day 11.

The talking on the video can get very annoying. I mute the sound and put a dance CD on and workout to that. It helps to keep it varied. Monotony is the death of an exercise habit.

Other than the talking, these are great workouts. I went from being sedentary for 5-6 years to doing them. They are low-impact, but high-results. I actually cried the first time I made it though 3 miles.

Keep up the good work!

Melissa
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 18:32
Registered Member

Plan: ER4YT and Atkins
Stats: 172/146/139 Female 5'2"
BF:35%/23%/20%
Progress: 79%
Default These videos are great.....

I was a high school/university athlete, still downhill ski every weekend but was suffering from "gym overload." I popped a miniscus in my wrist, hurt my back by lifting too much, and had some old sports injuries show up in my shoulder and ankle. (My husband gave me a personal trainer for a birthday present a while back and I couldn't resist pushing myself).

I just did the 3 mile today and absolutely fell in love with it. Much more interesting way to do cardio. I needed to get my heart rate up, so I jumped rope for about 2 minutes every 5 minutes and felt great.

I hate stepping (achilles tendon surgery) and I don't need more weights. (I bulk up easily). I did a pilates intermediate for core following it and feel energized rather than worn out. I think this is a great video.

jeanb
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-20-03, 05:54
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 273/252/155
BF:
Progress: 18%
Thumbs up

I just started the videos this week! So far so good. When I 1st saw the advertisement I thought that the tapes would be pretty easy. So I started with the 3-mile........let's just say that it wasnt a walk in the park. LOL. But the video is so low-impact and easy to follow that it's something that I can do daily and not get too burned out.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, May-20-03, 16:20
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/185/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 55%
Lightbulb

I have fibromyalgia and a host of other chronic pain and fatigue problems. I had been going for long hikes/walks outdoors, but of course those are weather-dependent.

I first got two of Sansone's earlier videos ... the Miracle Mile, and the 2-mile Walk. I was hooked!! Next I got her "Firm Up Fast" which is a toning and weights program (not aerobic) ... loved it too!! More recently, I got the 3-video set of Walk Away the Pounds ... I just use dumbells depending on how I feel.

The Walk Away the Pounds programs are great for overall aerobic and upperbody work. The earlier Walk programs really stress the lowerbody .. there's lots of squats, lunges etc ... I like to mix and match, so I'm not doing the same thing day after day.

I love all of these. Leslie and her co-performers are friendly and normal ... all ages, body shapes and sizes. I couldn't do the full programs at the beginning, but I never felt out of step or that I wasn't good enough. There are no complicated steps or moves. Everything is straightforward ... stepping/marching in place, side-steps, forward and backward kicks, knee-lifts. That's about it ... plus arm movements. But don't let the simplicity fool ya .. you'll be puffing when it's done!

Leslie is very encouraging for the beginner.

Doreen
  #7   ^
Old Thu, May-22-03, 11:16

Plan: General LC
Stats: 232/157.4/145 Female 5'6.5
BF:...getting lower
Progress: 86%
Thumbs up Love her

A friend at work bought the Walk Away the Pounds series and we began doing them last Fall. Although I now inject some jogging every other day or so for extra cardio work. I still love to do the 3 Mile - it really gets me burning. I bought the "Walk the Walk" tape awhile back also and we have used it, albeit sparingly. I like WTW b/c it works all the major muscle groups - arms, legs & abs in a 45 minute session. Def. have you sweating, even w/o cardio!
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 10:54

Plan: Atkins, Now Medical Weigh
Stats: 217/206.4/170 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 23%

I love the Leslie Sansone video tapes. I have the 2 mile and 3 mile workout you use with the belt. It has made my workout a littke more interesting because I had just been riding a stationary bike every day. I mostly do the 2 mile, but do the 3 mile when I 'm feeling very energetic.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 13:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/205/160 Male 5'8"
BF:Scared to find out
Progress: 44%

Pardon my ignorance, but what are these videos? Meaning, if they teach you how to walk 3 miles, how are you expected to watch the videeo and follow while walking? (*wonder if there is any I can rephrase that question without sounding like the village idiot*)
Is it for women or can men do it too?

Cheers
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 13:55

Plan: Atkins, Now Medical Weigh
Stats: 217/206.4/170 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 23%

The walking is all done in your home. You don't need much space at all (I live in an apartment.), but it is still a good work out. It is more fun than regular walking in my opinion. You are also using other moves besides just walking.

Many workout tapes end up sitting around after I have used them a couple of times. I've really used my walking tapes though. I think you can also buy audio cds you can listen to when you are walking outside, but I haven't tried those yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt
Pardon my ignorance, but what are these videos? Meaning, if they teach you how to walk 3 miles, how are you expected to watch the videeo and follow while walking? (*wonder if there is any I can rephrase that question without sounding like the village idiot*)
Is it for women or can men do it too?

Cheers