Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-18-04, 06:50
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 224/208/182 Male 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default Week 9 Update - Comments appreciated

So now into Week 9.

I've gone from 16st 7 to 14st 6 as of this morning so have lost over 2 stone in 9 weeks.

Apart from the two weeks induction which I stuck too to the letter, I can't say I've followed the Atkins plan to the letter since. I don't count my carbs but still have a very low carb intake.

I eat pretty healithily now compared to my past yo-yoing weight.

My diet consists mainly now of:-

Breakfast - Meat, whatevers handy to be honest as I'm on the way out to work no time to delay. Any tips here would be grateful as its hard to stomach meat first thing in morning.

Lunch - Mainly a salad with some meat or fish (smoked mackerel, tuna etc), occassionally have some mozarella.

Evening Meal - Again fresh meat/fish with 1 or 2 vegetables, don't weigh stuff out by the cup or anything just eat enough so I'm full.

Snacks - I've become hooked on pistachios, I generally snack on things during the day at work, I'd have like 2 handfuls of pistachios, perhaps a packet of pork scratchings.

Drink - I don't drink alcohol often as it is so thats not been too hard to avoid. Still drinking water, I have the occasional diet coke or diet dr pepper, 1 glass max every other day or so. And about 4 cups of decaf coffee a day.

Exercise - Play Squash and Golf once a week, during the day just general things like not using lifts and escalators, brisk walk at lunchtime etc, basically don't have time to fit any more phy ed into my routine.

Also during these 9 weeks, I've had one big night out where we had a marvelous Thai dinner, I didn't bother about carbs that night and had a good blow out. Had zero adverse effects too, in fact 3 days later I'd lost weight again. Also the other night I had Enchiladas, which apart from the tortillas is fairly atkins friendly.

So there it is, I've read the OWL phase of the book but I really don't want to spend my entire time counting carbs. I've kind of figured whats good and bad for me through doing the diet itself. Its taught me alot about food in general.

My only concern is that I'm perhaps missing something here, if I don't keep following things to the letter am I going to encounter problems? healthwise...

I'm finding that if I count up the carbs I'm taking in its still relatively low, certainly alot less than 100g and I doubt if I go over 50 at all in a day.

I'm happy and healthy but I'd just like to know if theres something I'm missing. This is the first 'way of life' I've found that actually suits me as a person and has stopped my yo-yo weight loss/gain so much so I've got wardrobes of clothes available to me now!!

All advice/comments etc appreciated
Sponsored Links