Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-03, 16:43
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 236/213.4/150 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default Do All LowCarb Snack Bars Taste Like...

...dusty rhinoceros poop?

I just bought some Think Thin Low Carb Diet bars with some really yummy sounding flavors and was very disappointed with the taste.

These are the only low carb bars i've found in my area, but im wondering if its worth order some other types online.

Can anyone compare the flavor of the Think Thin bars to some of the other bars, like Atkins? Just wondering if its worth it

Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-03, 17:01
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Some are better then others, but they all have that protien bar taste.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 11:06
Registered Member

Stats: 244/218/185
BF:
Progress: 44%

My wife and I only buy the Think Thin bars. Their Chocolate Fudge Lite bars are awesome. I also like the Peanut Butter Lite. They seem to have much less after taste then most other bars.

A few months ago they seemed to mess with their recipe and they were not quite as good, we called the company and confirmed this. They seem to be back on track now. We have tried many other bars including Atkins and found these really are the best. Again, just my opinion

If you end up liking them, you can order them directly from the company and they run specials that will include a free box when you order 6. This works out to about $1.70 a bar as compaired to $2-$2.50 in the stores (including shipping)
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 15:16
~strange as angels~

Stats: 256/249/150 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:51%/49%/30%
Progress: 7%

Oh, I LOVE the Think Thin Chocolate Fudge Lite bars! They remind me of Three Musketeers candy bars.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 21:31
Registered Member

Plan: south beach
Stats: 172/158/140 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%

i was just over at fitday.com trying to enter a think thin bar as a custom food - and i couldn't get their system to give me the net carbs....any ideas what the breakdown is that gets the 23 g count down to 2 (they have fiber at 0)?

cb
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 01:02
~strange as angels~

Stats: 256/249/150 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:51%/49%/30%
Progress: 7%

They have sugar alcohols & glycerin. You subtract those (in addition to any fiber carbs) from the total carb amount & that gets you your net carb amount.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 16:46
Registered Member

Stats: 240/218/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default Think Thin Bars

These bars caught my eye at Trader Joes because they are 3 net carbs but after I bought them I notice they didn't have any fiber and had 22 carbs Does anyone know anything about these bars? Thanks

CHUNKY PEANUT BUTTER LITE

Nutrition Facts: Serving Size (60g) Servings Per Container 1 Amount per serving Calories 250 Calories from fat 90 % Daily Value Total Fat 10g 15% Saturated Fat 4.5g 22% Cholesterol 5mg 1% Sodium 190mg 8% Potassium 40mg 1% Total Carb 22g 7% Dietary Fiber less than 1 gram 4% Sugars 0g Protein 20g Vitamin A 25% . Vitamin C 25% Calcium 10% . Iron 30% Vitamin D 25% . Vitamin E 25% Thiamin 25% . Riboflavin 25% Niacin 25% . Vitamin B6 25% Folate 30% . Vitamin B12 25% Biotin 25%. Pantothenic Acid 25% Phosphorus 10% . Iodine 25% Magnesium 2% . Zinc 25% Copper 30% . Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet

www.thinkproducts.com INGREDIENTS: PROTEIN BLEND (WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE, CALCIUM CASEINATE, SOY PROTEIN ISOLATE), GLYCERIN, CHOCOLATE COATING (MALTITOL AND/OR MANNITOL AND/OR LACTITOL, COCOA BUTTER, CHOCOLATE LIQUOR, SODIUM CASEINATE, DAIRY OIL, SOYA LECITHIN, NATURAL FLAVORS, SALT), MALTITOL SYRUP, PEANUT BUTTER, COCOA BUTTER, WATER, PEANUTS, SOY CRISP (ISOLATED SOY PROTEIN,RICE FLOUR, MALT, SALT), PEANUT FLOUR, NATURAL FLAVORS, LECITHIN, SALT, TRICALCIUM PHOSPHATE.

VITAMINS & MINERALS; ASCORBIC ACID, d-ALPHA TOCOPHEROL (VITAMIN E), NIACINAMIDE, VITAMIN A PALMITATE, ELECTROLYTIC IRON, ZINC OXIDE, PANTOTHENIC ACID, VITMAIN D, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, FOLIC ACID, POTASSIUM IODIDE, VITAMIN B-12.

MANUFACTURED IN A PLANT THAT PROCESSES PEANUTS, NUT MEATS, SOY, MILK AND EGG PRODUCTS.

**NOTE: FOR THOSE WATCHING THEIR CARBS, COUNT ONLY 2 GRAMS, AS ALL OTHER CARBS, INCLUDING FIBER, HAVE A MINIMAL IMPACT ON BLOOD SUGAR TOTAL CARBS 22 NON IMPACT CARBS -20 NET CARB COUNT 2

Last edited by Lil : Wed, Jun-11-03 at 16:55.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 16:54
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Malitol is a sugar alcohol that has to be listed as a carb, but has little effect on blood sugar. You can count them as 3 ECC probably. They can stall some people, or cause tummy trouble, while others do just fine. Try them after induction and see how they effect you. I wouldn't use them as a regular meal replacement though, better to have whole foods.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Sep-26-03, 13:33

Plan: atkins
Stats: 171/170/140 Female 5'5
BF:40/36/27
Progress:
Default think thin bars

anyone know anything about think thin low carb bars? they are delicious, but i think they are the reason i'm not losing any weight.