Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-22-02, 08:00
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Unhappy Can't stop falling

Since January 8th, I have not been able to stay low carb for more than a day. I let the some times differculties of Lcing get in the way. The lack of convience the plan has and the sometimes narrow choices of food we fall into.
I want to start over but I know that unless I solve some of my issues that it would be like a mini yoyo thing if you know what I mean.
I know I have to keep track of what I eat and I have to plan ahead for unexpected things but I am so bad at it.
What I need is a LC coach. What works best as a diet journal?
What should I have on hand for eating emergancies?
Most of all I need to feel like I'm not a failure.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-24-02, 06:48

Plan: Protein Power/BFL
Stats: 208/195/160
BF:
Progress: 27%

You are not a failure!! Look at how much weight you have already lost! I don't know what the best plan is - everyone is different. Keep snacks on hand like pepperoni and sunflower kernels(in individual packets.)

Also, try going back to under 20 grams of carbs a day to get your blood sugar regulated again. The main thing is that you cannot make yourself think that you are a failure - because you are not!
Recommit yourself to this way of living and know that you are worth it!!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-24-02, 06:56

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Hey Lessara,

Have you tried making lunch the night before and popping it into the fridge? This may help solve the morning rush with getting the kids to school and such.

Pack leftover meats and veggies so that way in the morning you can just grab the containers and go. I keep a huge container of sunflower seeds on my desk at work....just for those donut days that I may want something sweet, I grab something salty instead.

Keep your chin up my dear. Once the stress lessens you will get back in the swing of things.

*hugs*
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-24-02, 09:39
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
I know I have to keep track of what I eat and I have to plan ahead for unexpected things but I am so bad at it.

The only way you're going to get better at it is if you do it. That's how practices become habits.

Just start doing it. If you forget one day, so what? You will already have cans of fish in your purse.

You also have to decide what you want: to make low-carb a way of life, or to be forever plagued by the carb demon. The best laid plans - journalling, food preparation - will not work unless you use this basic decision as a motivator. Motivation is internal.

Other people can give you suggestions for journals or how to be prepared - and they are very good tools to have - but none if it will work until you have a burning desire to make this work.

Karen
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Apr-27-02, 18:47
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Default Thank you

I have already started a journal and I discovered somethings not so great. I eat more than 3000 calories and half come from nuts!
I also invested myself with Glad containers. I slices of everything from meats to veggies... for a quick cheif salad (for home of course). If I have left overs I slice it up and put it away. With the loss of my job this also saves money and creates less waste.
The journal is hard to remember to do but I add to it at least once a day. I call your version of a journal, Karen, the KISS journal. Its definitely similiar to do that the complicated ones I had bought previously. Thanks.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Apr-28-02, 00:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 177/140/140 Female 5'3 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default It takes 21 days to develope a HABIT!

Hey Lessara, It's always hard to get started....make up your mind and "JUST DO IT!"...It really helps to set your sites on 2 weeks (induction). If you can stick to your guns for 14 short days, you'll lose your cravings and sweets/starches won't mean so much to you. You'll be more inclined to stay on the diet after 2 weeks because you'll notice so many improvements. Then just one more week after that you will have developed a habit. "YAY"

Utilize the recipes here on the forum...you can really find some great stuff to eat. I think it's fun to experiment with ingredients and come up with something fabulous, then you can share it with the rest of us.

Please come by my place anytime. When I come up with something new and tasty, I always add it to my journal so that I can refer back to it when I want to make it again.

I always post just before bedtime every night, so I don't forget! Or you could do it 1st thing every morning, if it's easier for you? I just happen to be a night person and can't add one more thing to mornings...lol

Good luck, see you later,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So many dreams are waiting to be realized. Decisions are too important to leave to chance."
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Apr-29-02, 12:18

Plan: Eat Food
Stats: //
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default One Day, Hour, Minute at a Time

Hi Lessara, when starting out it would be very difficult for me to think about the distance I need to go. Rather, I try to focus on the moment. I can make it today, or I can make it this hour, or I can make it this second. Whatever it takes.

As far as convenience, nothing beats a hardboiled egg. It comes in it's own package and fits in your purse.

I keep my eating plan very simple, to some it may seem boring. Repetition doesn't bother me, and it helps build a new habit. Hopefully, a very good habit of healthy eating.

Last time I checked, eggs and vegies were some of the cheaper things at the grocery store. Sure, meat can be expensive, but hamburger isn't too bad and stretches quite a bit.

I stay away from fast food places. Too expensive and the ingredients are highly suspect.

It does take more time to cook, but what better way to show your love for yourself and your family? Spending time in the kitchen preparing healthy foods to nourish your body and spirit is probably one of the best ways to spend time.

If you can get through the next minute without thinking about something to eat that will harm your body, then you are a success. I find it's the mental thought process that leads us to our successes. Spend the next minute thinking about how wonderful life has been to bless you with the eyes to read this message and the brain to interpret it. Be thankful for your awesome life and treat your body with the respect and care it deserves.

Be kind today, you deserve it.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, May-02-02, 09:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/225/215 Female 5'9 inches
BF:
Progress: 66%
Smile

Heather I agree with you about the cooking. With this diet, cooking is a must. And I sometimes get tired of cooking. Sometimes when I am absolutely too tired to cook, I will just get a salad and burger from Wendys and throw the buns away. That is a quick and inexpensive way for me to fulfill my hunger fast or if I am out with friends. But I do sort of enjoy just cooking sometimes also.

Lessara, don't worry. We all have some pitfalls but i am sure you can do it.