Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-22-11, 06:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 289/283/180 Male 5'9"
BF:
Progress:
Default New to LC

I am new to LC I tried it in the past but couldn't last over two weeks. My father has been doing LC (his form anyway) for years, his form is if he doesn't look at the carb count they must not be there. He sticks with the basics no bread, flour, pasta, etc... (white's). I am 5'10" and weighed 290 when I started LC on 7-11-11, my first weekend I wend BAD Friday night was Zaxby's Saturday night was Dominos, then Sunday was Flaimin Amy's Bowl. I could have done ok at the bowl but I had rice and white sauce. The Bowl as the locals call it is a fresh food bar with many veggies and such like a buffet they have fish pork beef and chicken, you fill your bowl with what ever you want and go to the cooks and they cook it on a flattop grill while you watch. Then you add sauce and rice of pasta. I also had a bunch of flour tortillas too. So I weigh in the morning and the first day 7-11-11 290, Day 2 285, Day 3 284.2, Day 4 283, Day 5 282.8, Day 6 284.4, Day 7 287.8 after the first week I was almost back where I started just because of a lazy weekend. Now for week two, Day 8 284, Day 9 282, Day 10 280.6, Day 11 TODAY 278.6. I am not even going to think of getting bad this weekend! I am not one to make multiple goals I like to set my sights on a target and get there, but as many of you know its not that easy with weight loss. You can hit a stall and stop loosing, that's what happens to me on every diet I have ever tried I get down to 275 and it stops! Now what I am doing is I eat Breakfast at 8 then a snack at 10:30 then lunch at 1 then a snack at 3:30 then dinner normally at 8-9 not good I know but it has to be that way for now. Any way, I am staying around 20 carbs a day, as long as the pounds are coming off I will stick to this. About the goal I will set my first goal at 250 my target is 170-175 final weight. Because of the way I carry my weight most people think I am in the 230-250 range now when they guess what I weigh. I hide it well I guess. So as of today I am 103.6 lbs to loose.

Wish all of you good luck and God Bless
Trailerman
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-22-11, 10:26

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 262.2/247.2/204 Female 5ft 1/2 inch
BF:
Progress: 26%

Welcome aboard trailerman. Good luck with your weight loss journey. This is a great forum where you'll get all the support and help you need.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jul-23-11, 12:32

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Good luck! What do you think prevented you in the past from going beyond two weeks? Just something to think about as you approach that marker. So far you're off to a great start! Coming here frequently is a good think to help stay focused.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jul-23-11, 12:43
Registered Member

Plan: what works for me :)
Stats: 266/169/130 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 71%

Welcome! Good luck!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jul-23-11, 18:52
Registered Member

Plan: unknown
Stats: 273/256.2/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 12%

Welcome, and good luck. You can eat diet bread, just count the carbs (it's about 6 or 7 a slice). Probably not during induction but in real life you can.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jul-24-11, 08:17

BF:
Progress:

To answer Merpig's question why did i not get past two weeks. I know it was will power or the lack of will power. On a second note My diet mostly consist of Breakfast is 2 eggs scrambled with 3 slices of bacon Carb Count is 1 per egg x 2 + bacon 2 slices = 1 carb so + 1.5 carbs from bacon so Breakfast 3.5 Carbs, I only drink water NOTHING else. 10:30 snack is 4 slices of deli ham 1 carb per 4 slices + 5 slices deli turkey 1 carb so 2 carbs for snack lunch and 3:30 snack is the same Dinner varies between 5-10 carbs so total daily carb intake is 19.5 Carbs per day.

Friday night I went to dinner with my cousin and uncle at a steak house I had a 12 oz sirloin and a bowl of green beans when I weighed on Saturday morning I was 1.2 lbs more than Friday morning Today Sunday I was still .2 lbs heaver than Friday morning. I am 278.8 this morning and getting close to my 275 lbs stall mark. It looks like I am stalling I don't know what I will do if I stall again. I don't think i can eat less than 20 carbs a day so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jul-24-11, 08:42
Registered Member

Plan: what works for me :)
Stats: 266/169/130 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 71%

Every time my sister and I eat out, we are so careful. Many restaurants "treat" their meat with sugar to enhance flavor. So we are neurotic about checking the nutritional info.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jul-26-11, 06:12
Registered Member

Plan: very very low carb max 20
Stats: 352/292/230 Male 76 inches
BF:
Progress: 49%

Ok another man. I went very low carb last year and lost 84lbs in 6 month then I got stupid and now I'm back here. I'm not ever leaving here again. Last year after losing 50 lbs it got really easy to just eat the low carb way. The only thing I have the hardest time giving up is fresh garden tomato's sandwiches. Low carb bread to me taste like cardboard.
Not to many men here a lot of great girls with a vast amount of knowledge on the low carb way of life and last year they helped me with great results.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jul-26-11, 06:25

BF:
Progress:

I weighed Monday morning and it was 278.2 so I only lost .6 Lbs. Then yesterday Monday I had my normal breakfast and skipped my snack and had fried chicken and a biscuit at lunch and yes I even had the crunchy skin on the fried chicken, dinner was a steak and I even had some A1 with it. So I wasn't really low carb but it must have helped yesterday (Monday) I weighed 278.2 and today (Tuesday) I weigh 277.0 so I lost 1.2 lbs even though I had a biscuit and fried chicken. I will get back on the 20 carbs or less today. I thought about it and my sister-in-law lost weight by calorie cycling so I thought it might boost my system to feed it some carbs and then go back today so we will see.

Thanks for the support
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jul-26-11, 09:47
Registered Member

Plan: very very low carb max 20
Stats: 352/292/230 Male 76 inches
BF:
Progress: 49%

That will work for some not me. I never go above 25 carbs never. For me if I don't lose at least 5 lbs per week in the beginning I get mad and start eat 0 carbs for a few days. Try frying that chicken in pork rinds ground up in a food processor I just love it many recipes on here for doing it taste as good as any fryed chicken I have ever had. I hate to eat pork rinds. And it's 0 carbs.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Aug-03-11, 14:58

BF:
Progress:

Ok it has been a week and a day since I posted last. Monday I did not eat all day and for dinner I had bad things brown rice gravy squash and Lima beans for dinner. I was 277 last Tuesday today Wednesday 8-3-11 I am 276 so over the last week I have only lost 1 lb. I don't know what I am going to do. I get to this 275 area and just stop loosing weight. Any one have any help on this?
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Aug-03-11, 15:24

Plan: low carb
Stats: 259/162.4/155 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 93%

I am new to this too....
3 months and a 39.4 loss
my advice... track EVERYTHING that goes in your mouth!
Use fitday or the My Plan here on this site.
Personally, this has really helped me to take a look at everything that I am putting into my body.

Re-read your posts.... look at how you are approaching this

I wish you luck
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Aug-08-11, 14:57

BF:
Progress:

Ok back to give an up-date. Picking up from last Wednesday 8-3-11 276.0lbs, Thursday 8-4-11 275.2, Friday 8-5-11 273.4, (thought this is great it's moving again) but Sat 8-6-11 276.0, did not weigh Sunday 8-7-11, then Monday 8-8-11 276.2. I have been here for two weeks and it is getting easier to just give up on this because its not working. I am trying to hang in there but why should I if it does not work?
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Aug-08-11, 15:08

Plan: HF Atkins paleo
Stats: 230/144/150 Female 63 inches
BF:less/than/before
Progress: 108%

Trailerman, great job so far, really.

First, weight loss is not linear. You won't lose every day, even if your diet is perfect. You also will have ups and downs along the way, even if your diet is perfect. When you add in off plan foods, like biscuits, rice, etc., you will really see the ups and downs. That is simply life.

It really is important to start stringing together multiple days of really good low carb eating, without days of off plan foods in there. Once you get in a good two weeks, it really will get easier. First, your desire for off plan foods will essen as you stop having them. Second, eating on plan will start to become second nature, so you will be less likely to stray.

The plan works. Low carb works. It is working for you and it would be a terrible sham for you to give it up.

You list Atkins as your plan. Have you read the Atkins book (any of them)? It gives a good explanation of how and why LC works. I found that understanding the science behind the process really helped me stick to the program, without going off plan with food.

Hang in there, because making change is hard, and I'd hate to see you give up before really giving this a solid try.
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Aug-08-11, 18:58

BF:
Progress:

I stayed on plan all week even Friday night. The only problem was the nasty frozen pizza and two ice cream sandwitches last night (Sunday 8-7-11). This morning I was only up .2 lbs even with the bad night. I am going to stick with it. I am eating sugar free jello IPO ice cream sandwiches tonight. Thanks for your support.